• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Battlefield 6

If I play this game I might get it for PS5 if anything they have have discs at work. That way I don't have to worry about Secure Boot screwing up my other games. Someone explained Secure Boot to me on steam said it has nothing to do while loading software but I don't believe him. A crashing game is a crashing game.
 
i was not talking about the in game DPI setting but the actually polling rate of the mouse itself...
 
Neither DPI not mouse rate matters (which goes up to 8000hz for me, yes), raw input also makes no difference.

But the higher your framerate and refresh rate, the less you'll notice. LCD will also tend to blur most of the jitteriness, unlike OLED. And then you can also just pick up a controller or keyboard turn (lol) and you'll get buttery smooth motion.

The thread on EA forums is still blowing up, so it seems very common, plenty of reports on the official BF's Discord too. EA community managed said it's been reported higher up.

https://forums.ea.com/discussions/b...xMCwxMjc1NzY0Nw&topicRepliesSort=postTimeDesc
 
That is DPI, not polling rate. 1000 Hz is still the highest polling rate on the market as far as I know. Also enable raw mouse input if the game has the option.
https://www.razer.com/technology/razer-hyperpolling

Granted, everything beyond 1000 Hz has been diminishing returns. Pure marketing.

The USB 2.0 spec allows up to a theoretical 8000 Hz.

I'd be surprised if ANY wireless mouse solution out there could keep up with a 1000Hz, much less beyond.
 
Plenty of wireless mice manage flawless 8000hz, actually. Better than wired 1000hz, but of course 8000hz wired also exists and beats that. Rtings, techpowerup etc. have some objective measurements done, with hardware tools, that show it.

But yes, anything beyond 1000hz is overkill and pointless right now, no doubt about that.

Maybe when we have 1000hz screens we can talk about it again.
 
I got a new gamepad for WASD movements....im pretty sure this is gonna give me quite an edge over the white controller!
 

Attachments

  • 20251014_161124.jpg
    20251014_161124.jpg
    356.1 KB · Views: 0
To me, first person shooters are keyboard + mouse or bust. I could never get comfortable playing a Battlefield type game on a console gamepad controller. But I've been PC Gaming since the original Wolfenstein 3D back in 92'
 
This is the most fun I've had in a multiplayer shooter in forever! A steal for $25. I didn't expect it to be so... immersive? Hypnotizing? It feels fresh, even though it's the same old formula. I guess I'm a sucker for the graphics, smoke effects, destruction physics, pure chaos... whatever it is, they nailed it. If we get decent map variety I can see myself playing this for a good long while!
 
Based on the beta only - BF6 feels superior. Only issue I have is sniper rifles and snipers. I know most will say git gud but actually it is more than that. Snipers are really bad in this game (all large maps are full of them, they somehow have pinpoint accuracy whereas I can't aim worth shit with sniper rifles etc.). Other than that, I am having my fun with it.
 
Based on the beta only - BF6 feels superior. Only issue I have is sniper rifles and snipers. I know most will say git gud but actually it is more than that. Snipers are really bad in this game (all large maps are full of them, they somehow have pinpoint accuracy whereas I can't aim worth shit with sniper rifles etc.). Other than that, I am having my fun with it.
As a long-time sniper, they've really dumbed down sniping in 6 and made it too easy. It used to take skill but that's no longer the case.

I do find myself playing other classes more so than ever when compared to other BF. I never used to play support but find myself playing a lot of support in 6.
 
To me, first person shooters are keyboard + mouse or bust. I could never get comfortable playing a Battlefield type game on a console gamepad controller. But I've been PC Gaming since the original Wolfenstein 3D back in 92'
I use it for wasd movement and assign other functions to buttons on left side....also ps5 controller mic is now functional on pc so you get realistic radio chatter thru it and can also talk without the need to wear a ghey headset as you enjoy your surround sound setup cranked
 
So far so good. Had the DirectX error until I disabled the steam overlay and updated to the latest nvidia drivers that were released yesterday. Flying the choppers feels off....need to do some more tuning. I hate shotguns, ready for all the medics who don't revive to go back to BO7.
 
As a long-time sniper, they've really dumbed down sniping in 6 and made it too easy. It used to take skill but that's no longer the case.

I do find myself playing other classes more so than ever when compared to other BF. I never used to play support but find myself playing a lot of support in 6.
its the auto-zeroing range finder, they'll probably patch that so it takes skill again.
 
Based on the beta only - BF6 feels superior. Only issue I have is sniper rifles and snipers. I know most will say git gud but actually it is more than that. Snipers are really bad in this game (all large maps are full of them, they somehow have pinpoint accuracy whereas I can't aim worth shit with sniper rifles etc.). Other than that, I am having my fun with it.

Battlefield has always had a sniper problem, but snipers have never been easier to handle than in BF 6. Range finder, along with almost no bullet drop makes sniping too easy in this game. Make the bullet drop twice of what it currently is and making the range finder show just the distance number would at least make them take some skill.

Sometimes you end up in a bugged state though, where none of your bullets go straight. Probably a fault in their movement states or so. This happens occasionally with all guns I've tried, but is most annoying with snipers.

The most annoying part is that DICE felt it was a good idea to make high rises with easily accessible rooftops where you can snipe at most of the map. Mirak valley and New Sobek City would play so much better if anything beyond 3rd floor was no go zone, along with some adjustments to terrain along with moving some capture points.
 
I liked the TDM gameplay, but Conquest needs more vehicles. They can easily keep the TDM/Domination modes going, just add more maps. Conquest they're going to need to give up their "less vehicles is better" philosophy. In BF3/4 there would often be multiple vehicles in a fight. 2-3 tanks fighting with 2-3 IFVs, against enemies with similar numbers. And infantry. Some people complain about vehicles, but BF4 and now BF6 have great infantry only modes just for that. So that isn't an excuse this time around for limited vehicles. I know with BF1/5/2042 they threw TDM/Domination to the side because of that, but then went down a path of limited vehicles at the same time. Which was the worst of both.

BF6 just needs to add more vehicles in as the infantry only modes are good.
 
I liked the TDM gameplay, but Conquest needs more vehicles. They can easily keep the TDM/Domination modes going, just add more maps. Conquest they're going to need to give up their "less vehicles is better" philosophy. In BF3/4 there would often be multiple vehicles in a fight. 2-3 tanks fighting with 2-3 IFVs, against enemies with similar numbers. And infantry. Some people complain about vehicles, but BF4 and now BF6 have great infantry only modes just for that. So that isn't an excuse this time around for limited vehicles. I know with BF1/5/2042 they threw TDM/Domination to the side because of that, but then went down a path of limited vehicles at the same time. Which was the worst of both.

BF6 just needs to add more vehicles in as the infantry only modes are good.

I agree, BF6 needs a Little Bird. C130 would be nice too, lol.

Other than that the infantry combat is great and I'm hoping we'll see some improvements soon.
 

View: https://youtu.be/8eHTO9d_ycM?si=fuwIQDQue78gh91i

It seems Asmon has given up.
It's great how he loses his temper and rants and curses. I definitely have to watch all of that.


I can't stand this guy, but he's not wrong...that's mainly why I don't play PvP games anymore. I don't have time to be some sweaty try-hard who puts hundreds of hours into these games, and that seems to be the majority of the population of these games for whatever reason.

I tried BF 2042 recently because it was on sale for like, $3 or something...I played a few hours worth and then uninstalled. Not interested. It just doesn't feel fun to play.
 
Support 1 challenge with the healing has to be hugged, only people who click on you count as heals currently....
 
Battlefield has always had a sniper problem, but snipers have never been easier to handle than in BF 6. Range finder, along with almost no bullet drop makes sniping too easy in this game. Make the bullet drop twice of what it currently is and making the range finder show just the distance number would at least make them take some skill.

Sometimes you end up in a bugged state though, where none of your bullets go straight. Probably a fault in their movement states or so. This happens occasionally with all guns I've tried, but is most annoying with snipers.

The most annoying part is that DICE felt it was a good idea to make high rises with easily accessible rooftops where you can snipe at most of the map. Mirak valley and New Sobek City would play so much better if anything beyond 3rd floor was no go zone, along with some adjustments to terrain along with moving some capture points.
This is why I like to play conquest with choppers so I can mow down all the snipers like scattering cockroaches 😎
 
I can't stand this guy, but he's not wrong...that's mainly why I don't play PvP games anymore. I don't have time to be some sweaty try-hard who puts hundreds of hours into these games, and that seems to be the majority of the population of these games for whatever reason.

I tried BF 2042 recently because it was on sale for like, $3 or something...I played a few hours worth and then uninstalled. Not interested. It just doesn't feel fun to play.
It's the kids that get off of middle school and high school come home yell at their mother " MOM I WANT SOME MEAT LOAF!!!!" Then play video games for 8 hours straight in the basement and go to bed sweaty smelling like a hamper of dirty clothes just to do it all again the next day. It's called being a "no life" kid with no responsibilities except for being a toxic troll trying to be good at games that amount to nothing in life lol 😅

Also I can't stand this creepy looking weirdo with the crazy eye brows either. I couldn't be bothered to watch him even for a second as it's a waste of my lifes time. 🥱
 
well, that one is a multi-multimillionaire from it...
i also feel the same in pvp now. last one i really played a lot was apex and id always warn the group that got stuck with me; "guys, i kinda suck but ill try to keep up and ill cover you asses"...
 
They made sniping so easy in this game that I could make a picture of a gun with my hands shoot it through my OLED display and the bullet would travel through the internet into the server into the game and kill whoever is in front of my index finger. That's how easy it is!
 
They made sniping so easy in this game that I could make a picture of a gun with my hands shoot it through my OLED display and the bullet would travel through the internet into the server into the game and kill whoever is in front of my index finger. That's how easy it is!
:ROFLMAO: Yeah, it needs nerfing. I'm loving the game anyway, though.

P. S. Need more vehicles too.
 
Siege of Cairo has so much detail. I'm thinking this is the map they first started building, spent a ton of time on it and then rushed the other maps.
 
Back
Top