• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Battlefield 6

I run out of ammo like super quick and I heard you can get rid of your secondary weapon to get more ammo for your first. But HOW do you do it? I see no option to not have a weapon in a slot.
 
Just remembered my biggest complaint about BF, they need to make snipers go prone or brace themselves to be accurate.

Edit: I have serious questions as to some players recoil control and ability to kill quickly at long ranges using smg's and assault rifles.
 
What OD app you all using to see in game usage? Afterburner absolutely refuses to show on-display for me in pretty much all BF titles.
Afterburner is working perfectly for me on BF6. I have the brand new final version of Afterburner that released just last week.
 
Just remembered my biggest complaint about BF, they need to make snipers go prone or brace themselves to be accurate.

Edit: I have serious questions as to some players recoil control and ability to kill quickly at long ranges using smg's and assault rifles.
I'm just getting into this also. I just binded the steady scope button but haven't tried it yet. There is also a new zero in or zeroed out I forgot button or something I haven't had enough time to figure it out.
 
Last edited:
Just remembered my biggest complaint about BF, they need to make snipers go prone or brace themselves to be accurate.

Edit: I have serious questions as to some players recoil control and ability to kill quickly at long ranges using smg's and assault rifles.
Once you unlock some good attachments, headshots aren't too difficult to get, even with an smg.
 
This game has by far the worst starter sniper rifle compared to any other fps shooter I have played. Does it get better?

Seems there are very limited gun choices overall.
 
Last edited:
Mouse issue aside (DICE said they're looking into it), my biggest complaint is that the maps are so damn generic and bland.

Nothing about this game makes me go "wow!" like previous BF titles. There is not a single map that will stay in my mind, like say Paracel Storm or Flood Zone in BF4, or Orbital or Manifeste in BF2042. No weather, night time, levolution, attack boats... (speaking of, the variety of vehicles has gone way down, and there is not even a separate transport chopper for each sides, nor a little bird).

Yeah, they played it safe and the core gameplay is solid, but honestly I'd say it's even more boring to me than 2042 was (although 2042 was on foot was REALLY bad and BF6 fixes that). Only new feature is the drag & revive, which is an awesome feature of course, but I've played enough infantry in the beta to not care all that much anymore, when everything else in the game screams "meh" to me.

I found this comparison interesting:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0q_raPNQWk

Technically BF6 is of course better, but the artists did a phenomenal job in BF3, could not fault anyone for preferring the visuals of that version.
 
I have serious questions as to some players recoil control and ability to kill quickly at long ranges using smg's and assault rifles.
The attachments make a difference. They increased recoil and sway on most weapons from the beta to now, so players with low level weapons will be at a disadvantage to those grinding levels for one weapon they like with all the best attachments.
Nothing about this game makes me go "wow!" like previous BF titles.
Seeing the reaction and player feedback to the last couple BF titles the last thing on their mind was trying to push the envelope but instead to make a solid foundation that returns the series to it's core gameplay. It's probably for the best.
Either way consoles are the primary development platform for most tripleA titles anyway so not much would have changed even if the last couple titles were awesome.
 
Just remembered my biggest complaint about BF, they need to make snipers go prone or brace themselves to be accurate.

Edit: I have serious questions as to some players recoil control and ability to kill quickly at long ranges using smg's and assault rifles.
Some of the guns are way better at mid range.

The G36 clone is really good at mid range with some mods.

Pretty much all guns suck until you start stacking up the accessories on them.

I jacked my M4 Carbine up to 99 hip fire and its really good < 15 m, but you can still lose to something that's equal in damage and fires faster. SMGs are pretty dope. Pay close attention to dmg / rpm. The AK74 is a laser beam to mid range and more, but it's only 20 dmg, so now you need 5 hits (min) to win a duel.
 
Last edited:
I know there was concerns about the map sizes but I think condensing/optimizing them really brought the 'battlefield' play this time around. I don't have to run or swim for miles to the next cap and feel lonely doing it this time.
 
I like playing the engineer class. My favorite part of Battlefield is being the Gunner in a tank or a helicopter and then repairing it.

A map without vehicles I immediately quit and will NEVER play.

Anyways, what's the best weapon to unlock for the engineer class?
 
I'm starting to get that hang of it. I have to move with a big group just to stay alive.

In some of the bigger maps, I kind of get stuck in a defensive position with others and sometimes it feels like I'm playing a milsim.

I don't know if I just suck but the mouse aim feels weird compared to how it was with BF2042 which was more consistent for me so I could stay on a moving target and make headshots easier.
 
The new map coming end of the month is a large one with vehicles.

Doesn't Dice realize Battlefield is all about the vehicles #1. No one wants to play close quarter small maps.

I hope all the maps coming in the monthly updates are HUGE
 
Last edited:
The new map coming end of the month is a large one with vehicles.

Doesn't Dice realize Battlefield is all about the vehicles #1. No one wants to play close quarter small maps.

I hope all the maps coming in the monthly updates are HUGE


I played bf 1942 and bf2 a ton back in the day. I always wished for better gun play and movement, as it was pretty clunky, but never once did I think " damn, a cqb map would be fun"

Give me lots vehicles and ways to take them out. Like a suicide jeep into a tank.
 
I played bf 1942 and bf2 a ton back in the day. I always wished for better gun play and movement, as it was pretty clunky, but never once did I think " damn, a cqb map would be fun"

Give me lots vehicles and ways to take them out. Like a suicide jeep into a tank.

This
 
I played bf 1942 and bf2 a ton back in the day. I always wished for better gun play and movement, as it was pretty clunky, but never once did I think " damn, a cqb map would be fun"

Give me lots vehicles and ways to take them out. Like a suicide jeep into a tank.
that was the main trick in bf3,c4 into the jeep and ramming into the tank
 
The new map coming end of the month is a large one with vehicles.

Doesn't Dice realize Battlefield is all about the vehicles #1. No one wants to play close quarter small maps.

I hope all the maps coming in the monthly updates are HUGE
I like both. My favorite battlefied is BC2. Rush is my favorite game mode. I played CQB lockdown last night and had a blast.
I was also an LMG Metro enjoyer.
 
Just remembered my biggest complaint about BF, they need to make snipers go prone or brace themselves to be accurate.

Edit: I have serious questions as to some players recoil control and ability to kill quickly at long ranges using smg's and assault rifles.
If snipers had to go prone or brace themselves, then the people lying 200m away would be impossible to deal with as only counter sniping or vehicles have enough range and counter sniping would be almost impossible. Snipers should have more bullet drop and the range finder should cost like 60 points or be reworked to just show distance, instead of auto adjusting. The sweetspot should also be removed as 1 shot body kills is not skill or fun IMO. So much more satisfying to hit the headshot because you have to. Not like sniping was hard in BF3, but it took more skill than it does now. Snipers are generally crap at less than 40m though, as they get taken down quite fast by ARs if they don't hit the head.

Recoil etc. depends on the gun and what you define as long ranges. If we consider anything below 60m mid or short range, then 95% of the engagements on most of the maps happen in mid to short range. Operation firestorm is the only map where there are a lot of long range fights, most others lets you close in with ARs by using cover and smokes.

Rifles and carabines with high precision and control do have low recoil and spread so they do quick kills at mid range and can kill decently quick on stationary targets at 100m if you do quick bursts. Some rifles like the 433 has horrible recoil and spread so it works best at short ranges and OKish at medium ranges, but horrible at long ranges.
Bursting feels almost pointless with the 433 as the recovery is so long that your target runs away while you wait for the second one so generally better to spray up to 50 m and just try to control the recoil. E.g. crouch and slowly pull down to the ball sack at 50m range if you can see the entire target. Pattern should be fairly accurate AFAIK when shooting a wall.

Controlling the recoil is mostly about not moving while shooting and pulling down for the first few bullets. There seems to be some delay from sprinting until bloom/spread goes away, so try to be stationary for a little while before shooting, if possible.

Only tried a few of the ARs, but the KORD 6P67 has low recoil and fast recovery so it can kill at 50m+ in 2 short bursts and you don't have to wait long for recoil to recover. Several carabines also generally seem to be better than the 433 at medium and long ranges, but the 433 is good for short range engagements.

The netcode/anti-lag also seems to have some delay so you sometime get a lot of bullets that were fired some time ago, making TTD seem shorter than it should be.
 
If snipers had to go prone or brace themselves, then the people lying 200m away would be impossible to deal with as only counter sniping or vehicles have enough range and counter sniping would be almost impossible. Snipers should have more bullet drop and the range finder should cost like 60 points or be reworked to just show distance, instead of auto adjusting. The sweetspot should also be removed as 1 shot body kills is not skill or fun IMO. So much more satisfying to hit the headshot because you have to. Not like sniping was hard in BF3, but it took more skill than it does now. Snipers are generally crap at less than 40m though, as they get taken down quite fast by ARs if they don't hit the head.

Auto rangerfinder is dumb as fuck and should be straight up removed.

You can even bind the stupid thing to the same key as zoon so it's auto zero'd every time you scope in. Congrats you practically don't need to account for bullet drop at all any more.

I don't know who comes up with this stuff.
 
The new map coming end of the month is a large one with vehicles.

Doesn't Dice realize Battlefield is all about the vehicles #1. No one wants to play close quarter small maps.

I hope all the maps coming in the monthly updates are HUGE
I think the most popular battlefield maps were the close quarter ones, strike at karkand and metro. I wanted bf6 to have a large urban city map like mashtuur or strike at karkand. They have grown on me but they feel lacking. And then the big maps are not big enough.
 
This game has an overdone UI. There's too much crap on the screen with little justification. Really though, the UI gets in the way of itself.

You don't need all those damage indicators and headshot/kill indicators near the middle of the screen. Put it to the side, if you have to have them. Whoever thought that was a good idea... This is a FPS not an MMO. Ok, I'm done ranting.
 
This game has an overdone UI. There's too much crap on the screen with little justification. Really though, the UI gets in the way of itself.

You don't need all those damage indicators and headshot/kill indicators near the middle of the screen. Put it to the side, if you have to have them. Whoever thought that was a good idea... This is a FPS not an MMO. Ok, I'm done ranting.
There should be options to turn them off or move them around although personally I like having it near the middle so I don't need to waste any time or energy moving my vision to the side of the screen lol. This game is so intense I want my vision to be in centralized more than not know what I mean. The hit indicator I think you can bring the opacity down or completely lower it off right?
 
There should be options to turn them off or move them around although personally I like having it near the middle so I don't need to waste any time or energy moving my vision to the side of the screen lol. This game is so intense I want my vision to be in centralized more than not know what I mean. The hit indicator I think you can bring the opacity down or completely lower it off right?
This is why I tend to lean towards a "hardcore mode", which, to me, seems ridiculous because the old Battlefields were effectively this way out-of-the-box. I'm a boomer and I want a boomer shooter. This zoomer shit ain't working for me.

I like the game though. It's got just enough complexity to distance itself from any modern CoD game. There's just some minor annoyances that are holding it back from being amazing.
 
This is why I tend to lean towards a "hardcore mode", which, to me, seems ridiculous because the old Battlefields were effectively this way out-of-the-box. I'm a boomer and I want a boomer shooter. This zoomer shit ain't working for me.

I like the game though. It's got just enough complexity to distance itself from any modern CoD game. There's just some minor annoyances that are holding it back from being amazing.
So am I and I agree. I bought and played the first Battlefield 1942 game when it released lol that's how much of an OG I am 😎 and if course I've played every single entry also.
I just don't have as much time now a days to sink into gaming but I will try. I hope this game has a long run like BF4 as I am really loving it.
 

Funny thing is, you can now walk up to a support player and interact with them like a door or an item and you'll get heath and ammo. You don't have to wait for them to drop ammo anymore.

In terms of map size, I miss the giant maps that require you to work together to get places. Jeeps would stop and honk at you to get in. You could request a ride from a helo and it would pick you up. These are the things that made battlefield for me. It was more of a team game.

I'm still having a ton of fun in BF6.
 
Last edited:
Auto rangerfinder is dumb as fuck and should be straight up removed.

You can even bind the stupid thing to the same key as zoon so it's auto zero'd every time you scope in. Congrats you practically don't need to account for bullet drop at all any more.

I don't know who comes up with this stuff.

Definitely the most stupid design decision of this game. It will eventually get nurfed I think has more and more people unlock the auto rangefinder and the game turns into Sniperfield 6.
 
Back
Top