• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Battlefield 6

Are there old classic maps redone and working in BF6 / Portal yet?

No, but the game has only been out for a day.

As far as I know Portal doesn't have the ability to make a map from scratch. I think right now all you can do is add objects to existing maps. But maybe somebody more knowledgeable in the portalverse can chime in and correct me if I'm wrong.
 
The HE1000SE is showing for $1700 on Amazon? Geez you guys take your audio seriously 😮

Yes been in this world for a month and I feel extremely poor. I can’t afford this much for a headphones that also may not last long due to my usage (I have been on onboard and 50-100$ headsets since forever). First time spending some money on this side of things and hoping it works out.

Hah well my main use is music but they just so happen to be great for gaming, remember these originally launched in like 2021 at £3000, so the current price is a "bargain" :p

Although you can get 90% of the experience from the way cheaper Arya Stealth which I owned previously, it beats most headphones at 2x its cost fairly easily and I can highly recommend for gaming.


BF6 related:



View: https://youtu.be/Cx3Wzm_9qaI
 
Hah well my main use is music but they just so happen to be great for gaming, remember these originally launched in like 2021 at £3000, so the current price is a "bargain" :p

Although you can get 90% of the experience from the way cheaper Arya Stealth which I owned previously, it beats most headphones at 2x its cost fairly easily and I can highly recommend for gaming.


BF6 related:



View: https://youtu.be/Cx3Wzm_9qaI

Is this it?
https://a.co/d/88GjpHz
$600? Would this pair well with a AE-5 Plus?

Also has anyone flown the heli yet? I downloaded BF6 but haven't played it yet
It launched perfectly on EA launcher though. Seems they ironed out the issues.
 
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Is this it?
https://a.co/d/88GjpHz
$600? Would this pair well with a AE-5 Plus?

Also has anyone flown the heli yet? I downloaded BF6 but haven't played it yet
It launched perfectly on EA launcher though. Seems they ironed out the issues.
That is the one, not sure what the headphones out is like on the AE-5 Plus but if it is competent then yes would be perfectly fine.
 
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I felt proud. He is 11. I wish I could turn off “fuck I am dying” everytime there is dying animation. I couldn’t find a way to turn off profanity. Help would be appreciated.
He shouldn't even play games like that. The game is pegi 16. There are even worse games like gta.
 
Are there any semi-auto 3 shot guaranteed kill weapons in this game? Kind of like the mondragón sniper in BF1?

I tried the starting DMR and it does no damage at all.
 
Are there any semi-auto 3 shot guaranteed kill weapons in this game? Kind of like the mondragón sniper in BF1?

I tried the starting DMR and it does no damage at all.
In BF1, as far as I know, all classes were well balanced, I played assault and medic the most. I think RSC was the best for medic(at least for me).
Someone said that DMR was bad in the beta BF6, that it was totally ineffective.

Does MSI Afterburner work normally in the game if you have saved profiles for undervolt or overclock?
 
Finished the single player campaign. Its a tad longer than I expected (or liked) tbh. So so game play but the story and dialogue didn't have the impact that BF3/4 had. Worth playing just to tweak your settings before jumping into multiplayer though.
 
Last edited:
Played what I assumed was one of the larger Conquest maps, set in Egypt, New Sobekt City. Still no vehicles. 1 APC per team, other team had 1 MBT ours never spawned. Seems like vehicles only spawn at the HQ as well. So Conquest in this game still sucks. Even without custom server settings most maps in BF3/4 had multiple MBTs and IFVs that would spawn across the map. Now its just 1 vehicle per type, if that.

Guess it is only good for TDM and Domination, but knowing DICE they might try and kill those off.

The match maker sucks as well, keeps selecting the same few maps. Maybe there are only 4 maps for TDM/Domination but it is annoying to keep playing the same few.
 
Does everyone know about the thread where a legit key is going for $30?
Undertaker2k8 made a thread, and everyone is successfully grabbing keys for $30, I did myself also downloading right now.
thanks! I requested a refund from EA and got the game removed from my library then bought it from the ebay seller and back in the game now lol
 
Followed the advice of this article I read last night - preset to low - you'll gain a 30% bump for not much fidelity loss. And I agree. I'll take being on low and native res than FSR.

Well worth it.
 
The pizza was good, while I was eating watching Micheal play with the X Box controller that they bought me a while back I can't use. I grabbed some footage with the phone as it's not the best way, but Intel has no issue with this game on a $219 video card and I have not even tried upscaling yet or frame gen, that is a 43" Roku 4K TV at desktop 1080p / 1080p native in low settings at 60hz with the Intel Arc B570 10GB on my AM4/ B550/ 5700x platform. take it as a blind test for him playing on an Intel video card in Battlefield 6.


View: https://youtu.be/nLqf46F1QRo?si=mXx9LzAGIqujA0vA
 
In BF1, as far as I know, all classes were well balanced, I played assault and medic the most. I think RSC was the best for medic(at least for me).
Someone said that DMR was bad in the beta BF6, that it was totally ineffective.

Does MSI Afterburner work normally in the game if you have saved profiles for undervolt or overclock?
First thing I noticed was afterburner worked perfectly playing BF6 particularly the monitoring overlay.
 
I recommend you give this guy OTTR a follow
He's been rank one and top 100 in many games and even was the kill leader in BF6 beta and probably will be the kill leader in BF6 multiplayer now. He's intelligent and a top tier gamer. Been watching him for a while. Here's a vid of some tips for BF6 begginers guide.

View: https://youtu.be/TzGi9ZzPL_s?si=_MtDq5Y-roeIN6zR

I don't watch those pro youtubers anymore like level c(r)ap, jackfrags and others... and besides, you never know if a character is using cheats or not. If you play professionally then they are probably useful.
 
Are there any semi-auto 3 shot guaranteed kill weapons in this game? Kind of like the mondragón sniper in BF1?

I tried the starting DMR and it does no damage at all.
DMR will kill in 3. The M39 is a bit better than it was in beta. Still trying to figure out best engagement range for it, though.

I miss the RFB from BF4.
 

It would be best if the game offered only the best weapons and that's it, I don't know why they put the ones that aren't good at all and you can't do anything with them. Or if everyone had the same weapons. From what I saw in the beta, you could use any weapon for each class + one more + sidearm. Is that the case in the full version now?
 
I have been playing on a community breakthrough server, about 50% bots, been excellent for trying to get to level 20 so I can actually start unlocking things.
 
Finally got to play some and I'm loving it so far. I was getting some weird stutters initially, but turning off AMD anti lag fixed it completely.
 
My son and played last night for 2-1/2 hours and LOVED it.

We only play on the 3 large maps with vehicles, as that's what Battlefield is, not those small CounterStrike maps.

And my son was driving a tank and I was the Gunner. We did that for probably an hour straight and had so much fun.

Then he hopped into a helicopter and was a pretty good pilot. Flying it and I was the Gunner. Again just mowing down people.

Then my son tried sniping and he was pretty good. He had 12 kills in one map as a sniper. I was his support guy feeding him ammo.

We haven't had this much fun gaming in a long time. But again, it's only with the maps that have tanks and helicopters, because to me Battlefield is about the vehicle's #1. And maps with no vehicles I immediately quit and refuse to play.

Anyways... when does the first DLC of new maps come out?
 
I think I am getting the hang of it. EA says I played 8 hours 22 mins this weekend.
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot 2025-10-11 204042.png
    Screenshot 2025-10-11 204042.png
    689.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot 2025-10-12 140333.png
    Screenshot 2025-10-12 140333.png
    716.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot 2025-10-12 143335.png
    Screenshot 2025-10-12 143335.png
    744.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot 2025-10-12 200237.png
    Screenshot 2025-10-12 200237.png
    632.4 KB · Views: 0

The strongest thing is when he says it's me and then empties the magazine into nothing lol :ROFLMAO:
But okay, it's not that bad, it's a complex game that requires a lot of practice. And if it's his first time playing BF then it's even harder. I doubt he'll take it seriously but maybe he'll pull it to be better.
He plays with drm which are probably the hardest to play.
 
Finally got to play tonight after work.
With the specs in my sig(7900xt, 32 gig ram, 5900x @ 5120 x 1440), I have to say I’m a bit disappointed with the performance compared to the beta.

Something feels off — like a jitter or micro-stutter that makes the game feel choppy, even though the counter shows 100–180 FPS. It’s almost like watching a 24 fps movie instead of smooth gameplay.

I tried everything — FSR from Quality to Ultra Performance, Frame Gen on and off, different settings — nothing really fixed it. With Frame Gen on, it feels like an animation flipbook missing a few pages. Movement just isn’t consistent or natural.

After several rounds, I turned Frame Gen off and ran FSR at Ultra Performance. The game sits around 90–110 FPS but feels way smoother and more natural than the 180–190 FPS I was getting with Frame Gen enabled.
That’s just my experience so far, but Frame Gen in this game doesn’t feel quite right.

Any suggestions?

Other than that, I'm enjoying the chaos.

The profile stats page is severely lacking IMHO too.
turning on gpu scheduling in windows graphics settings smoothed the game out for me. frame rate is about the same but doesn't feel choppy anymore. I also now have the option for nvidia frame gen
 
It blew my mind to see an X Box kid hook their usb X Box controller with two joysticks and buttons to a PC and that crap feels normal to him, I have yet to play MP, but the kid leveled me up a lot of last night with that controller.
 
From what I saw in the beta, you could use any weapon for each class + one more + sidearm. Is that the case in the full version now?
Every class gets a primary, a sidearm, gadget 1, gadget 2, and one nade. The primary weapon is any of the standard rifles/smgs/snipers etc available to all classes (unless you're playing a restricted mode which most are not), the gadgets and nade you can choose depends on your class.
You must have played the Assault class in the beta. Only the Assault class could have two primary weapons, both in the beta and release. (one of their gadgets can be a shotgun)
 
Every class gets a primary, a sidearm, gadget 1, gadget 2, and one nade. The primary weapon is any of the standard rifles/smgs/snipers etc available to all classes (unless you're playing a restricted mode which most are not), the gadgets and nade you can choose depends on your class.
You must have played the Assault class in the beta. Only the Assault class could have two primary weapons, both in the beta and release. (one of their gadgets can be a shotgun)
What is nade? Grenade?
 
CPU fix to lower CPU utilisation without sacrificing any fps:


View: https://youtu.be/pGvyXENXFUk

My results:

Stock:
BF6_Stock.jpg


CPU fix (12700KF so 12, 12 then 20 for me):
BF6_UserCFG.jpg


So a 26% drop in CPU utilisation and with that a ~20W drop in CPU power draw. the 5fps gain could be run variance as on a different server the 2nd time round but still, seems decent given basically no change in performance but the CPU is running lighter and 5 degrees cooler.


% lows breakdown:

Stock:
12-10-2025, 21:52:40 bf6.exe benchmark completed, 28812 frames rendered in 227.172 s
Average framerate : 126.8 FPS
Minimum framerate : 104.4 FPS
Maximum framerate : 146.5 FPS
1% low framerate : 89.4 FPS
0.1% low framerate : 68.2 FPS



User CFG:
12-10-2025, 22:00:03 bf6.exe benchmark completed, 29972 frames rendered in 229.313 s
Average framerate : 130.7 FPS
Minimum framerate : 107.2 FPS
Maximum framerate : 146.9 FPS
1% low framerate : 89.9 FPS
0.1% low framerate : 72.7 FPS


That is Overkill 4K DLSS Perf with no frame gen.
 
Last edited:
Just did the User CFG tweak, and my temps are way down, CPU like 55C in-game, and GPU like upper 50'sC

Can we do this same tweak in other Steam games like BL4 and PoE 2?
 
What OD app you all using to see in game usage? Afterburner absolutely refuses to show on-display for me in pretty much all BF titles.
 
Back
Top