WhoBeDaPlaya
2[H]4U
- Joined
- Dec 16, 2002
- Messages
- 2,855
Meh. What else are you going to do, get a 3930K from retail edge?Haswell is suppose to be hot just like Ivy. Big downside.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Meh. What else are you going to do, get a 3930K from retail edge?Haswell is suppose to be hot just like Ivy. Big downside.
Can't run too far from the Z77 launch costs. Lineup here :I'd think its a bit early for MC bundles, we don't even know the costs of motherboards yet.
hmm, well I can address as to why I wanna upgrade I guess(not necessarily discuss the improved benefits of the new socket/chipset). Im still on 775 with a Q6600 oc'ed to 3.6. Now as new games/tech coming down the pipe, im just now starting to be "long in the tooth" with this platform. But not in the cpu department, actually in the GPU department. At the same time, there is no sense in investing more money into a dead socket platform. Granted the cpu does everything just fine and then some, its one investment that really HAS paid off for so long now. But its time to move forward, finally get native USB 3, sata 6, newer cpu instruction sets, etc etc. I think now is the time for the move, as the jump will be enough to notice going to a 4770K. From what im reading though, the next huge jump in GPU performance wont be until Maxwell(GTX 800 series), so either continue to use the GTX460 SOC(which is a damn fine card) or buy an intermediate card to get by with until purchasing from the 800 series. I think that is where our biggest leap is going to come from here in the next 2 years personally.
Can't run too far from the Z77 launch costs. Lineup here :
http://www.anandtech.com/show/6970/...asus-gigabyte-asrock-msi-ecs-biostar-and-evga
Perhaps not, but until official pricing (and availability) is known, I doubt MC is going to go out on a limb and start offering bundles prematurely.
I'm sure retail stores already know the prices of CPUs and motherboards.
Less than a week to go!
the sideways ATX connector on the EVGA board is sweet.
Just seen i5 overclocks and temperatures:
4.2 GHz 60C
4.3 GHz 70C
4.4 GHz 82C
4.5 GHz 94C
Water cooling.
Well we need more info from trusted reviewers but not looking too good oc wise. :\
If you're waiting for Haswell;It's tomorrow I believe
or is it the 2nd? pretty sure tomorrow
OCN will be streaming a release party from UK with Haswell boards n chips.
anddd..I'm jelly
Most likely there will be stuff posted by a very reliable source![]()
It is on the second. TigerDirect says they will be having launch deals: http://www.tigerdirect.com/sectors/..._mmc_o=m21CjCd-2HPRRsCjCGWaH1CjCZ-m8H111-JW2Z
I doubt it, I've never seen them even come close to MC pricesjust signed up. wonder if theyre going to be better then the MC deals.
I doubt it, I've never seen them even come close to MC prices
At the IB launch, MC was actually shipping the combos. I doubt TD is going to touch them, but if you're buying for full price anyway, $20 off or so won't hurt.
Guru3d is teasing 70 pages of content for a "release" tomorrow so I'm guessing that's when the NDA is lifted.
People getting excited over a hot chip like Haswell amuses me. Wasn't Ivy disappointing enough?
kyle says he is upgrading from his 2600k. i think he knows what this cpu is all about.
He didn't say WHY he's upgrading, so it's a totally useless statement. Upgrading because you feel like upgrading is one thing, but if that's his reason here, there's no reason for you guys to care about that. I for one think it would have been more useful if he hadn't said that. How long are you guys going to pretend 2013 is actually 2003? Few of us need an upgrade, and doing so would be a waste of money. Decide whether your computer is holding you back. Don't copy some random website owner's upgrading habits without reason. If your computer isn't slowing you down, then upgrading is a waste of money, period.
My impression based on early leaked reviews: massive problems with heat again at anything over 4.5... delidding will probably be necessary. Bummer.
I was thinking about upgrading and moving my Sandy chip to my work PC, no chance if the above is the case
Looks like it. Then again, there's a small chance that those people were using stock coolers when testing oc's.
or the temp monitoring software used is reporting the wrong temps