• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

The Official Guild Wars 2 thread

Ok, notice a few things playing sPvP all weekend:

They SERIOUSLY need to remove "downed state" and "finish them punch ground" mechanic from all PvP. Worst PvP mechanic I've ever seen put into an MMORPG. A kill should be a kill, not spend your time running around trying to "punch the ground" on some teleporting/self resurrecting, knock back throwing silliness.

If your AFK in a sPvP game and don't move for 30 seconds you get KICKED. This one doesn't need much explanation does it? What is with all the morons that join matches to sit there AFK taking up a valuable slot?

Need a way to tone down the particle effects. Been saying this since the first GW2 movie came out. Seriously over-done, distracting and makes it hard to see what's going on in larger fights.

Anyone else agree on these?
 
Whatever the cause is, it's pretty annoying. It's not just a few areas here and there that are detrimental to the experience, it's all over the place.

A 2500K at 4.7 GHz.

Something wrong with your drivers or something. Im running the game at 5760x1080 on a single 6950 and excluding one place that involves lots of floating rocks that crash it runs nice and smooth for me.
 
Something wrong with your drivers or something. Im running the game at 5760x1080 on a single 6950 and excluding one place that involves lots of floating rocks that crash it runs nice and smooth for me.

I dunno, it doesn't run all that well for me, either, at 1080p and max settings. Specs in sig.

It's playable but I wouldn't say it's smooth.
 
Something wrong with your drivers or something. Im running the game at 5760x1080 on a single 6950 and excluding one place that involves lots of floating rocks that crash it runs nice and smooth for me.
Well... at this stage I might as well leave it alone. I'm already using the 12.7 betas. I have nightmares about updating ATi drivers... rather save that for after the BWE when time isn't so sensitive.
 
hey all, im super stoked to get GW2, as it will be my return to MMOs (last one was runescape *shutters*) but i have a few questions. will it be a true MMO like RS, where when you go anywhere, other people can go with you? i know some MMOs dodged this by making it single-player in certain instances (dumb).

other than that, how are some of you playing GW2 already? i thought the beta wasnt out yet? or am i thinking of the 3-day head start that you get for pre-ordering?


^^^stupid questions, but hey, im trying :)


Posted from Hardforum.com App for Android
 
Ok, notice a few things playing sPvP all weekend:

They SERIOUSLY need to remove "downed state" and "finish them punch ground" mechanic from all PvP. Worst PvP mechanic I've ever seen put into an MMORPG. A kill should be a kill, not spend your time running around trying to "punch the ground" on some teleporting/self resurrecting, knock back throwing silliness.

If your AFK in a sPvP game and don't move for 30 seconds you get KICKED. This one doesn't need much explanation does it? What is with all the morons that join matches to sit there AFK taking up a valuable slot?

Need a way to tone down the particle effects. Been saying this since the first GW2 movie came out. Seriously over-done, distracting and makes it hard to see what's going on in larger fights.

Anyone else agree on these?

+1000 for the downed state. I realized just how terrible downed is for PvP from the first BWE.

The worst part is, they seem to have gone the OTHER WAY with the downed state and pvp. They now gave everyone an interrupt ability that interrupts anyone trying to finish them. Not amused.

The AFK issue was brought up on the main forums. sPvP is one thing and WvW is actually a big deal since there are limited slots and AFKers are literally preventing people from playing.

other than that, how are some of you playing GW2 already? i thought the beta wasnt out yet? or am i thinking of the 3-day head start that you get for pre-ordering?


^^^stupid questions, but hey, im trying
This is the last beta weekend before release.
 
bpizzle1 said:
Quote:

Originally Posted by MavericK96

I dunno, it doesn't run all that well for me, either, at 1080p and max settings. Specs in sig.

It's playable but I wouldn't say it's smooth.

I run max settings at 1080p just fine with my unlocked 6950.

thanks for the info, thats the GPU im buying :D


Posted from Hardforum.com App for Android
 
Anyone playing Mesmer? It's my highest lvl character and they feel feel underwhelming. I use GS Septor/pistol. I've heard they are reworking them before release because they have the most complaints. I like the concept of the class, but just seems boring right now.

Also, I finished all the heart quest at lvl 11, and the noob human area goes to lvl 17, just seems like I don't get enough XP to lvl on par with the areas, also you can't really "grind" on mobs like other MMO's.
 
Well... at this stage I might as well leave it alone. I'm already using the 12.7 betas. I have nightmares about updating ATi drivers... rather save that for after the BWE when time isn't so sensitive.

wow am I ever out of date, accoridng to the amd software im still running 11.5 lol. Thing is everything has been stable, no issues with performance or crashing so im not going to update either. If one thing amd has taught me is dont update dirvers unless you have to, not worth the risk of funky ones.
 
Last edited:
Anyone playing Mesmer? It's my highest lvl character and they feel feel underwhelming. I use GS Septor/pistol. I've heard they are reworking them before release because they have the most complaints. I like the concept of the class, but just seems boring right now.

Also, I finished all the heart quest at lvl 11, and the noob human area goes to lvl 17, just seems like I don't get enough XP to lvl on par with the areas, also you can't really "grind" on mobs like other MMO's.

ya I tried a mesmer to lv 6 and the entire time I felt way to squishy and reliant on phantom procs. and oh shit buttons to stay alive, died constantly lol. The class just seems way to under useful to me, granted I only made it to lv 6 but ive got 3 other chars at lv 3 and their first impressions are 100x better than the mesmer so far. Switched to a necro and im loving it the most, fun class with a nice balance of self heals and stuns/damage
 
Also, I finished all the heart quest at lvl 11, and the noob human area goes to lvl 17, just seems like I don't get enough XP to lvl on par with the areas, also you can't really "grind" on mobs like other MMO's.
I thought so too, then I started going to other races' areas to fill the gaps and exp started rolling in much more quickly. No problems anymore.
 
I think it's pretty neat that GW2 is Hor+ but also retains the ability to have a variable window size. Essentially, you can play around with a high FOV view by scrunching the vertical size:

http://i.imgur.com/cmNLL.jpg

And if you do have more monitors to do this across, you can get something that looks pretty crazy. Not very practical, but it was kind of interesting to see.

http://i.imgur.com/1He5i.jpg

Also, I finished all the heart quest at lvl 11, and the noob human area goes to lvl 17, just seems like I don't get enough XP to lvl on par with the areas, also you can't really "grind" on mobs like other MMO's.

You can go into other areas and do hearts (even those far below you in level). Make sure to do events if you're focused on playing it linearly zone to zone. You can also do a ton of other things to get exp. You can get from 1-80 and not kill a single mob by just crafting. You can also level exclusively from WvW. Etc.
 
Also, I finished all the heart quest at lvl 11, and the noob human area goes to lvl 17, just seems like I don't get enough XP to lvl on par with the areas, also you can't really "grind" on mobs like other MMO's.

You need to be doing dynamic events to get the real xp. You'll find that many of them chain to other bigger events. You might have to follow an npc or something to get to the next part, so you have to pay attention to them at the end. Crafting can also score you mass xp. I think I was doing level 17 quests at level 24 today, lol. I did repeat several events though. We had Shadow Behemoth spawn twice within a few hours this morning.
 
Any elementalist tips? Seems like I'm struggling to figure out how to play it most effectively... the other classes I've tried seem more straight-forward, but Ele just throws so many skills at you at once. Been using staff and scepter... range on dagger is terrible so I'm not sure about that.
 
You need to be doing dynamic events to get the real xp. You'll find that many of them chain to other bigger events. You might have to follow an npc or something to get to the next part, so you have to pay attention to them at the end. Crafting can also score you mass xp. I think I was doing level 17 quests at level 24 today, lol. I did repeat several events though. We had Shadow Behemoth spawn twice within a few hours this morning.

Ya, there is no such thing as grinding in GW2 from what I can tell. Regular mobs give incredibly pathetic EXP. I did the math real quick and to get from level 3 to level four takes 2700 EXP. Mob's your level give 6 EXP each. That is 450 mob's to kill if you were grinding, for one stupid noob level. Pretty silly. It would take you many hours of grinding just to get one noob level.
 
You need to be doing dynamic events to get the real xp. You'll find that many of them chain to other bigger events. You might have to follow an npc or something to get to the next part, so you have to pay attention to them at the end. Crafting can also score you mass xp. I think I was doing level 17 quests at level 24 today, lol. I did repeat several events though. We had Shadow Behemoth spawn twice within a few hours this morning.

Pretty much this. Exploring also generates decent exp. Each home city is close to one full level in th teens. Lion's Arch is another level..
 
Game is so friggin awesome. I played PvE for about an hour and PvP the rest of the time, did not disappoint.
 
I don't care about PvP at all, maybe that's why I didn't really care for the game...lol.
 
Yeah. Could be cool, except you run so slow, I've only seen combat a few times. Kinda boring so far.

Well that might have been interesting, but the rations that I picked up wouldn't actually show up in my inventory, so I just died from hunger...
 
That was the most lame beta event ever. I was even a survivor and won. I want that hour of my life back holy crap.
 
Yeah. Spent like twenty minutes wandering around as a robot watching all the surviving players on various teams hide themselves away instead of fighting.
 
I'm thinking I may need an upgrade to my graphics card since performance gets hit a bit hard in WvW or some heavy 8v8 sPvP.

Running a 2600K @ 4Ghz, at 5760x1080 res with dual 6950's right now. (3x Dell U2311H)

Any recommendations?
 
I'm thinking I may need an upgrade to my graphics card since performance gets hit a bit hard in WvW or some heavy 8v8 sPvP.

Running a 2600K @ 4Ghz, at 5760x1080 res with dual 6950's right now. (3x Dell U2311H)

Any recommendations?

your specs are fine, they just need to finish optimizing and make it work properly with CF/SLI. i was getting about 90 fps is SPvP on one 7850 so they just need to fix their shit.
 
That ending event was seriously underwhelming. My entire team basically blew their entire load of ammo at the entrance, separately into 10 groups of 4 and died immediately. Heck, several guys starved to death before even seeing the enemy because they could not figure out to eat.
 
Need a way to tone down the particle effects. Been saying this since the first GW2 movie came out. Seriously over-done, distracting and makes it hard to see what's going on in larger fights.

Anyone else agree on these?

I completely agree. That was one of the first things I thought of when I saw the combat. At first it kind of gives off a wow factor but afterwards it just becomes overcooked. Did they hire Micheal Bay or something?
 
Was the game still CPU bound in this last beta?

Less so than the other betas I feel. In BWE1, my FPS did not budge when I ran it at 640x480 low vs. 5760x1080 high. My FPS actually varies now with resolution / quality settings. Although, the range isn't that high.
 
I'm completely torn to roll whether Warrior or Ranger when the game comes out, i tried both in beta but not very far both to like maybe 10 or so didnt want to over play beta too much, enjoyed both shesh, tough call the only thing i didnt like about ranger was my pet was like mentally retarded, no offense. any advice or tips or guidance on the two... :/
 
Ok, notice a few things playing sPvP all weekend:

They SERIOUSLY need to remove "downed state" and "finish them punch ground" mechanic from all PvP. Worst PvP mechanic I've ever seen put into an MMORPG. A kill should be a kill, not spend your time running around trying to "punch the ground" on some teleporting/self resurrecting, knock back throwing silliness.

If your AFK in a sPvP game and don't move for 30 seconds you get KICKED. This one doesn't need much explanation does it? What is with all the morons that join matches to sit there AFK taking up a valuable slot?

Need a way to tone down the particle effects. Been saying this since the first GW2 movie came out. Seriously over-done, distracting and makes it hard to see what's going on in larger fights.

Anyone else agree on these?

LoL... i agree completely on all of the elements. the pvp come back thing is retarded as hell and yes in heavy battles their is so much f'n effects going on its like madness im like um ok wtf is going on.
 
I'm completely torn to roll whether Warrior or Ranger when the game comes out, i tried both in beta but not very far both to like maybe 10 or so didnt want to over play beta too much, enjoyed both shesh, tough call the only thing i didnt like about ranger was my pet was like mentally retarded, no offense. any advice or tips or guidance on the two... :/

The best thing to do would have been going into the mists and seeing all of the skills available. You also have every pet available in the mists. Some of those pets have really interesting skills.

I'm personally going ranger and my friend is going warrior. Both of us probably could have gone the other way. I went ranger just... conceptually I like the ranger as a class and it was my favorite class in GW1.

What sealed the deal for me at the end of BWE3 was messing around with a condition damage build. Easily the funnest build I've played with in all of the BWE's.
 
Ok, notice a few things playing sPvP all weekend:

They SERIOUSLY need to remove "downed state" and "finish them punch ground" mechanic from all PvP. Worst PvP mechanic I've ever seen put into an MMORPG. A kill should be a kill, not spend your time running around trying to "punch the ground" on some teleporting/self resurrecting, knock back throwing silliness.

If your AFK in a sPvP game and don't move for 30 seconds you get KICKED. This one doesn't need much explanation does it? What is with all the morons that join matches to sit there AFK taking up a valuable slot?

Need a way to tone down the particle effects. Been saying this since the first GW2 movie came out. Seriously over-done, distracting and makes it hard to see what's going on in larger fights.

Anyone else agree on these?


Agreed on all.
 
The best thing to do would have been going into the mists and seeing all of the skills available. You also have every pet available in the mists. Some of those pets have really interesting skills.

I'm personally going ranger and my friend is going warrior. Both of us probably could have gone the other way. I went ranger just... conceptually I like the ranger as a class and it was my favorite class in GW1.

What sealed the deal for me at the end of BWE3 was messing around with a condition damage build. Easily the funnest build I've played with in all of the BWE's.

hmm i didnt play too much of the past beta event trying not to over play as i normally do and im playing secret world at the moment too. What was the Mists? I assume their was something you could of made a premade level 80 or something? What is a condition damage build? i liked the ranger minus my pet was a fail boat only had 1 pet couldnt find any others, dont u have to like Find a specific animal that is tamable out of a bunch like some friendly npc pet or w/e.
 
hmm i didnt play too much of the past beta event trying not to over play as i normally do and im playing secret world at the moment too. What was the Mists? I assume their was something you could of made a premade level 80 or something? What is a condition damage build? i liked the ranger minus my pet was a fail boat only had 1 pet couldnt find any others, dont u have to like Find a specific animal that is tamable out of a bunch like some friendly npc pet or w/e.

The mists is the staging area for the sPvP. You are instantly level 80 with end game PvP gear and have all the skills available to you. (Press H... there's a tab for it and you instantly port to it at no cost). You can test builds against dummies and some NPC's while in the mist or go straight into sPvP to try it out.

My condition damage build was stacking all of the runes for +condition damage and using the amulet that gave condition damage, as well as traiting into it etc. In the end, I had +1400 condition damage. My weapon loadout was MH Axe + OH Torch with 1H Sword + Horn on switch (mainly, I wanted a horn for the run speed buff out the gate). Skills were 3 traps basically. The elite wasn't very important. 3 traps + torch throw + bonfire with axe throws comboing into the fire for bleed + fire damage was insanely fun. Melee users tend to see ranger and start licking their lips, rushing in. Blowing them up was priceless.

In general, I think every class has some sort of weapon / skill loadout that favors conditions. On a high level, I saw two different ways to stack DPS: Precision and Condition Damage. Precision builds can play off of things that proc off crits while doing high direct dps in general (you go from 5% to 60% crit easily with the amulet / runes). Condition damage builds ignore armor but are directly countered by skills that remove conditions completely.

After PvP, I went back to PvE and just ended up using Axe + Torch and it translated amazingly well to PvE. It was excellent.
 
I had a lot of fun on the thief this weekend. I tried it before and it seemed like he died really easy. This weekend I tried out pistol/dagger and shortbow switch it was actually pretty sweet. I also noticed this for the first time so I don't know if it is new or not but when you attack out of stealth you do a combo move.

Example, I use the 5 ability for Pistol/off-hand dagger which hits the target then stealths you for a few seconds. If I do the normal attack again while stealthed it would shoot the target 5 times very quickly.

I died a lot less this weekend(actually went 1-10 without dieing at all), which may just be me getting better at running around and dodging but it seemed like those mechanics worked better.

This is all PvE btw.
 
The mists is the staging area for the sPvP. You are instantly level 80 with end game PvP gear and have all the skills available to you. (Press H... there's a tab for it and you instantly port to it at no cost). You can test builds against dummies and some NPC's while in the mist or go straight into sPvP to try it out.

My condition damage build was stacking all of the runes for +condition damage and using the amulet that gave condition damage, as well as traiting into it etc. In the end, I had +1400 condition damage. My weapon loadout was MH Axe + OH Torch with 1H Sword + Horn on switch (mainly, I wanted a horn for the run speed buff out the gate). Skills were 3 traps basically. The elite wasn't very important. 3 traps + torch through + bonfire with axe throws comboing into the fire for bleed + fire damage was insanely fun. Melee users tend to see ranger and start licking their lips, rushing in. Blowing them up was priceless.

In general, I think every class has some sort of weapon / skill loadout that favors conditions. On a high level, I saw two different ways to stack DPS: Precision and Condition Damage. Precision builds can play off of things that proc off crits while doing high direct dps in general (you go from 5% to 60% crit easily with the amulet / runes). Condition damage builds ignore armor but are directly countered by skills that remove conditions completely.

That's interesting your ranger build does not use the bow at all. I was going to have a bow for one of my load outs and other load out with a horn so i can switch back and forth between those two.. I think I'll go Ranger in release now What Race.. lol =/ :O o boy..

im leaning towards Human, Norn or The Tree people. I played some of the tree people this weekend and the zone was just really nice but im not so sure im too crrazy about lookin like a friggin plant. = \ And im wondering if the human side is just a lil bland hmm.. :confused:
 
Hmmphhh after watching some character creation vids, im just not that thrilled with the Male models, i think this might be the first game i actually roll a female character they just look friggin well done.
 
Back
Top