• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

The Official Guild Wars 2 thread

Hmmphhh after watching some character creation vids, im just not that thrilled with the Male models, i think this might be the first game i actually roll a female character they just look friggin well done.

i have to agree.
 
Had tons of fun with PvE during the beta event last weekend. All the cool little nooks and crannies, jumping puzzles, and stuff were a lot of fun to explore. I ended up playing my warrior the most because it best suited my play style(s). Anywho, I just pre-purchased and can't wait to play again!
 
Hmmphhh after watching some character creation vids, im just not that thrilled with the Male models, i think this might be the first game i actually roll a female character they just look friggin well done.

You mean the fact that every female in the game has perfectly round bowling ball shaped breasts? In fact its completely unrealistic. Friggin well done, indeed. I want to live in that world
 
Anyone have any tips on increasing WvW FPS? In very large battles and sieges, at the highest settings, I was at around 15-20fps. Most of the time, 40ish FPS in large groups. Everywhere is was 60+ fps. Would a new video card help? Mine has a pretty hefty 950/1300, 24/7 overclock as is on a 1900x1200 monitor. I was also getting a lot of late texture/character pop in during large battles but don't know if this was the game or me. Running it off a SSD as well.
 
You mean the fact that every female in the game has perfectly round bowling ball shaped breasts? In fact its completely unrealistic. Friggin well done, indeed. I want to live in that world

Hmm, Charr females? I didn't really check them out... and even Asura??? I just feel... weird checking out a little Asura girl... woman.

I'm making a Charr male ranger on release. I found a few things very shocking... polls show Charr as the least popular race and a Charr ranger to be insanely rare (Sylvari Ranger was by far the most popular ranger).
 
Hmm, Charr females? I didn't really check them out... and even Asura??? I just feel... weird checking out a little Asura girl... woman.

I'm making a Charr male ranger on release. I found a few things very shocking... polls show Charr as the least popular race and a Charr ranger to be insanely rare (Sylvari Ranger was by far the most popular ranger).

Ah, the 2 races I didnt create a character under.
Well, its very noticable in the Norn and Sylvari area, which is where I began this beta weekend. I thought it was a joke at first, then started looking around and ...... yup, perfectly round breasts everywhere. Truly a fantasy game. haha :p
 
I'm completely torn to roll whether Warrior or Ranger when the game comes out, i tried both in beta but not very far both to like maybe 10 or so didnt want to over play beta too much, enjoyed both shesh, tough call the only thing i didnt like about ranger was my pet was like mentally retarded, no offense. any advice or tips or guidance on the two... :/

Rolled a Charr warrior to level 25 this weekend just to kind of mess around a bit and found warriors VERY fun to play. I will be either going warrior main using dw maces with a bow or guardian with mace/shield plus whatever combos.

I found the warrior to be a pure fucking truck after about level 12 or so. I remember one fight was with one of those veteran mobs that had a level or two on me, and at the end of the fight I had full hp and the mob was dead. I started out with dw axes for aoe and switched to maces for stuns with a bow secondary for fights better suited for ranged.

I played the Guardian during the previous beta weekend after stealing it from my daughter who made it initially. I liked the mace/shield combo and felt very tanky kind of like a WOW prot paladin. I had no issues taking on several mobs that had at least 3 levels on me at once.
 
Hmm, Charr females? I didn't really check them out... and even Asura??? I just feel... weird checking out a little Asura girl... woman.

I'm making a Charr male ranger on release. I found a few things very shocking... polls show Charr as the least popular race and a Charr ranger to be insanely rare (Sylvari Ranger was by far the most popular ranger).

Charr makes a good tank. It's easy to spot them when you make one max height and the largest body type. Freakin' huge.
 
There's a thread on the official forums about Charr female boobs... Or the lack there of I'm assuming. I really didn't investigate that much. Honestly.
 
There's a thread on the official forums about Charr female boobs... Or the lack there of I'm assuming. I really didn't investigate that much. Honestly.

Yeah they need huge ones so when they do their 4-legged run the tits drag the ground.
 
I didn't pay attention when making my female chars, was there a slider for cup size? I know there is one for other games.
 
im leaning towards Human, Norn or The Tree people. I played some of the tree people this weekend and the zone was just really nice but im not so sure im too crrazy about lookin like a friggin plant. = \ And im wondering if the human side is just a lil bland hmm.. :confused:
You can always create the race you find the most appealing and just go to a different starter zone if you feel any particular starting zone is too boring. I am going to make an Asura first, complete their starting zone, and then head on over to the Charr or Norn starting areas for some extra experience. I chose Charr or Norn because I am not interested in playing either of those races.


I'm making a Charr male ranger on release. I found a few things very shocking... polls show Charr as the least popular race and a Charr ranger to be insanely rare (Sylvari Ranger was by far the most popular ranger).
Hipster. :cool:
 
I didn't pay attention when making my female chars, was there a slider for cup size? I know there is one for other games.

I wasn't paying attention either, but I dont think I saw one.
I think its on purpose because...
But to stay in line with the breasts of the other GW2 races, they'd all have to be Double D or better.

Would you like to make them smaller? No, no, we cant have that...... :D
Why mess up the whole fantasy thing with realism? Come on man! (jokes aside, this is the funniest shit I've encountered in a game, just so....... unexpected.)
 
Would you like to make them smaller? No, no, we cant have that...... :D
Why mess up the whole fantasy thing with realism? Come on man! (jokes aside, this is the funniest shit I've encountered in a game, just....... unexpected.)

Because some people's fantasies might involve individuals with smaller cup sizes, ahem.

I didn't see how fat the females could get either. Is it no fat chicks allowed?
 
I was able to play a lot this beta weekend because the developers adjusted the FOV since the last beta and I wasn't getting nauseous and dizzy anymore. The performance has definitely improved over the course of the betas on my i5-2500k and 7970 running at 2560x1600 resolution. It's not as smooth as Guild Wars but I wonder if it ever will be. I don't think this is a graphics issue per se but I wish the responsiveness of the controls in the game was snappier. Everything feels numb. It's especially noticeable in battles and it made it hard to reach a lot of vista points, many of which requires some fairly precise jumps onto small landings followed by immediate stops to avoid falling (it's also very annoying to go up or down on stairways). The controls in Guild Wars feels a lot more fine and precise, I wish the controls in Guild Wars 2 resembled that.
 
I was able to play a lot this beta weekend because the developers adjusted the FOV since the last beta and I wasn't getting nauseous and dizzy anymore. The performance has definitely improved over the course of the betas on my i5-2500k and 7970 running at 2560x1600 resolution. It's not as smooth as Guild Wars but I wonder if it ever will be. I don't think this is a graphics issue per se but I wish the responsiveness of the controls in the game was snappier. Everything feels numb. It's especially noticeable in battles and it made it hard to reach a lot of vista points, many of which requires some fairly precise jumps onto small landings followed by immediate stops to avoid falling (it's also very annoying to go up or down on stairways). The controls in Guild Wars feels a lot more fine and precise, I wish the controls in Guild Wars 2 resembled that.

i only played the first beta and it was HORRIBLY optimized. almost unplayable. hope at release it plays crazy smooth
 
i only played the first beta and it was HORRIBLY optimized. almost unplayable. hope at release it plays crazy smooth

That could have actually been an nvidia problem.

A few drivers back they had a problem with OC'd cards that made them run thing sextremely slow. I had that same

It affected my GTX 580 but once I changed drivers it was fine. This past weekend event I was pulling great fps even in the events with plenty of otehr players around.
 
i only played the first beta and it was HORRIBLY optimized. almost unplayable. hope at release it plays crazy smooth

Each beta weekend has seen drastic improvements. BW1 was absolutely horrible at the start, though improved with the patch they released. BW2 was even better and BW3 improved as well. I still feel more optimizations are needed, but they've shown real progress each beta weekend.
 
Each beta weekend has seen drastic improvements. BW1 was absolutely horrible at the start, though improved with the patch they released. BW2 was even better and BW3 improved as well. I still feel more optimizations are needed, but they've shown real progress each beta weekend.

There is some progress but they still aren't even close to the point they need to be at.
 
You can always create the race you find the most appealing and just go to a different starter zone if you feel any particular starting zone is too boring. I am going to make an Asura first, complete their starting zone, and then head on over to the Charr or Norn starting areas for some extra experience. I chose Charr or Norn because I am not interested in playing either of those races.



Hipster. :cool:

How do you easily get between starting zones? Is there a fast teleport or do you have to run through the world? Or can you go to the mists then to that one area with all the portals in it (I forgot the name, outdoor city type with tons of portals that is linked to the mysts).

I spent all of my time in sPvP and never tested any of that stuff lol.
 
How do you easily get between starting zones? Is there a fast teleport or do you have to run through the world? Or can you go to the mists then to that one area with all the portals in it (I forgot the name, outdoor city type with tons of portals that is linked to the mysts).

I spent all of my time in sPvP and never tested any of that stuff lol.

H -> Go to Mist -> Go to Lion's Arch Portal -> Portal to any main city.
 
The game runs pretty damn flawlessly for me even at such a high resolution with just a single 7970.

People were making a big deal out of Morgan's spiral... so I gave it a shot and thought meh that was ok. But this makes Morgan's spiral look absolutely trivial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TovL15CZqd4

Are you running eyefinity on your 7970? And at what resolution?

Hit some performance spikes here and there with dual 6950's at 5760 x 1080 during bwe3, would like to amend it before launch.
 
Are you running eyefinity on your 7970? And at what resolution?

Hit some performance spikes here and there with dual 6950's at 5760 x 1080 during bwe3, would like to amend it before launch.

5760x1080 windowed fullscreen mode. Everything on the highest setting.
 
5760x1080 windowed fullscreen mode. Everything on the highest setting.
That's amazing. My single 7970 and 4.7 GHz 2500K was struggling mightily at times with 1080p. Everything else, other games, benches etc. run like they should... still haven't figured it out.
 
How'd it do in heavy WvW? Any cases of lag?

Honestly didn't get to do much of that this time. It was mostly full and when I finally got in, it was so lopsided I just left (winning server had 100,000 points, my server had 20,000 and they owned the entire map). But the bit I did play wasn't choppy at all.
 
im trying to decide what type of display to go with. are you alll using TNs for this game, or are IPSs ok? im not sure what to go with....


Posted from Hardforum.com App for Android
 
im trying to decide what type of display to go with. are you alll using TNs for this game, or are IPSs ok? im not sure what to go with....


Posted from Hardforum.com App for Android

Odd question heh...but if it helps i'm using a DoubleSight DS-263N S-IPS panel and it's fine. I don't know if you are looking for the best response time with no ghosting like you would in an FPS?
 
I'm still trying to figure out if I am the only one that had performance issues with the game. With the Fraps FPS counter enabled, I was jumping from 22 FPS to 80 FPS at random with crossfire enable or disabled. I don't know where to isolate the problem. I picked the highest pre-set graphical settings with vsync off. On the G-19 keyboard I was settings making 20% CPU utilization with process priority to high for guildwar2.exe. I hope they resolve this. I did enjoy the beta weekend though :)
 
I'm still trying to figure out if I am the only one that had performance issues with the game. With the Fraps FPS counter enabled, I was jumping from 22 FPS to 80 FPS at random with crossfire enable or disabled. I don't know where to isolate the problem. I picked the highest pre-set graphical settings with vsync off. On the G-19 keyboard I was settings making 20% CPU utilization with process priority to high for guildwar2.exe. I hope they resolve this. I did enjoy the beta weekend though :)
If you look a few posts up, you're definitely not the only one. I saw as low as 18 FPS and as high as 90-ish on my single 7970, and it really was anything but a smooth experience overall.
 
5760x1080 windowed fullscreen mode. Everything on the highest setting.

I'm running a single 7970 on 2560x1440. I'm planning on trying to pick up the Sapphire 6GB Toxic 7970, will be interesting to see if that makes a difference. I know the game isn't fully optimized to it's maximum potential yet, though. We shall see how it runs at release. It ran pretty well for the most part on the last couple beta weekends. I have yet to try large scale PvP though so I can't speak on that. But I didn't seem to notice much if any frame rate issues even in some of the larger scale events I participated in. I was pretty pleased considering how many character models were on the screen at one time in some of the events.
 
What about the real questions here: Is it fun as shit? Is it more involved than The Secret World? More satisfying combat? Quests = fun? Lots to do? Etc.
 
Back
Top