The Official Borderlands 2 Thread

There's a tiny bit of plot you need to know from BL1 (though I think maybe it is covered in the BL2 intro?) but you don't have to have played the game itself.

I know many of you obviously hate Gearbox but they definitely kept me happy at the reveal session.

Just gaining the Krieg DLC code alone was worth my time. I think many of you will find him to be a very kickass character to play as. IMHO, worth the $10.

I think the level cap is less important than a new character to play as. Hell... just get the season pass for dirt cheap & score all of it anyways (except Krieg though)?

For those wondering why people think the DLC for BL2 is getting ridiculous.

Borderlands 2 $59.99

Downloadable Content For This Game

$29.99 USD
Borderlands 2 Season Pass

$9.99 USD
Borderlands 2: Sir Hammerlock’s Big Game Hunt

$9.99 USD
Borderlands 2: Mr. Torgue’s Campaign of Carnage

$9.99 USD
Borderlands 2: Mechromancer Pack

$9.99 USD
Borderlands 2 - Captain Scarlett and her Pirate's Booty

$4.99 USD
Borderlands 2: Collector's Edition Pack

$4.99 USD
Borderlands 2: Creature Slaughterdome

$0.99 USD
Borderlands 2: Commando Madness Pack

$0.99 USD
Borderlands 2: Commando Supremacy Pack

$0.99 USD
Borderlands 2: Commando Domination Pack

$0.99 USD
Borderlands 2: Siren Madness Pack

$0.99 USD
Borderlands 2: Siren Supremacy Pack

$0.99 USD
Borderlands 2: Siren Domination Pack

$0.99 USD
Borderlands 2: Gunzerker Madness Pack

$0.99 USD
Borderlands 2: Gunzerker Supremacy Pack

$0.99 USD
Borderlands 2: Gunzerker Domination Pack

$0.99 USD
Borderlands 2: Mechromancer Madness Pack

$0.99 USD
Borderlands 2: Mechromancer Supremacy Pack

$0.99 USD
Borderlands 2: Mechromancer Domination Pack

$0.99 USD
Borderlands 2: Assassin Madness Pack

$0.99 USD
Borderlands 2: Assassin Supremacy Pack

$0.99 USD
Borderlands 2: Assassin Domination Pack

Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade $4.99

The Psycho Pack $9.99

Fourth Expansion to Come (Bunkers and Badasses)

So let's get this down:
Game $60
Season's Pass $30 (all expansions $40 [$10 each] if no Season's Pass)
Mechromancer $10
Krieg $10
Random DLC's $25 (+ $5 Level Cap if no season's pass)
$135 ($150 if no season's pass)

Not worth it.

Of course, you can argue about "optional" all you want. But they're milking this beyond reason. Worse than BF3, and people rose sh*tstorms over that game's season's pass + paid unlocks.

Last edited:
Game ($60) and Season's Pass ($30) should make it a "premium" account and therefore all additional DLC's should be included, and THAT'S IT!!!! Paying for any other "upgrades" is a PURE rip-off!

Loved the game. But I am going to have let this dev pub go. Transfering my time from my gaming hobby over to guns and things that go fast is rapidly accelerating due to the steady increase in the number of game companies I am no longer doing business with.

Not worth it.

Of course, you can argue about "optional" all you want. But they're milking this beyond reason. Worse than BF3, and people rose sh*tstorms over that game's season's pass + paid unlocks.

It's sort of a mixed bag, really. The big DLC's at $10 a pop (or $30 for the season pass) are actually a pretty exceptional value I think in terms of the quality and content for the price paid. I can think of anything else comparable. Take Skyrim for example, it's DLC is very similar in terms of the amount of hours and the quality of the content, but they charge $20 each instead of $10. So, for that, I have to applaud Gearbox for not charging $15-$20 a pop like the rest of the world would.

The new characters for $10 are not nearly as good of a value as the other $10 DLC. I can't imagine anywhere near the same amount of work goes into them, so I'm not sure why they charge the same amount. They are easy to avoid though. DLC that requires you to start a new game several months after release doesn't make sense to me. I would imagine most people would rather jump into a second or third playthough with their existing character.

As for the little 99 cent DLCs, don't think the intention is to buy them all. The amount of money you'd spend for a bunch of costumes is a terrible deal. But to drop a buck on one if you really like it? I don't see the problem with that. It's nice they give you the option to just buy one though. Again, I think most devs would probably at least group these into $3 sets by character, forcing you to buy all three skins even if you only want one. So at a dollar each, it's certainly not the best value, but they way they are presented for sale is reasonable to me... and it's such a minor thing that for those who don't want to pay aren't gunna miss a out by not buying them.

Now the $5 level cap increase, that's a ripoff of the highest order. I've got a season pass, so I'll have it anyway, but it's still a crappy thing to do. That should be a patch, plain and simple. I get that they probably had to put a lot of resources (and money) into making it work, but they should suck it up and call it part of the cost of getting people to continue to buy the DLC. I don't agree with this tactic at all and I fully understand why people are upset about this one.

As a whole, I still think GBX is pricing their DLC better than most. It's a shame to see them drop the ball in some areas while shining it others. The lack of consistency is a bit confusing.

Game ($60) and Season's Pass ($30) should make it a "premium" account and therefore all additional DLC's should be included, and THAT'S IT!!!! Paying for any other "upgrades" is a PURE rip-off!

Couldn't agree more. Even if the game price fluctuates on GMG sales deals and stuff like that...really...if someone pops for a Season Pass that should finish it. End of story.

I think maybe I've just outgrown Borderlands (not saying it's for kids, but as a gamer). I played through BL2 and enjoyed it, but I tried starting a new character and it wasn't really that appealing for me to go through the same game again. Never really even played much of the Mechromancer, and I think I got about halfway through the Pirate DLC and then got bored. Never played the rest of the DLC despite having a Season Pass.

I enjoy the franchise and I may play BL3 or whatever they do next eventually, but Gearbox has lost a lot of my respect lately and I can't see pre-ordering BL3 like I did with BL2 and the Season Pass.

IMO, Season Pass should mean you get all the DLC that they release for a game, not cherry-picked BS that they are then going to add cooler stuff to later down the line. I understand that they're not obligated to do so, but honestly they only tend to release one or two more DLCs beyond the Season Pass, so really it seems it should all be included.

Borderlands 2 $59.99

$29.99 USD

$9.99 USD

$9.99 USD

$9.99 USD

$9.99 USD

$0.99 USD

The Psycho Pack $9.99

So let's get this down:
Game $60
Mechromancer $10
Krieg $10

Not worth it.

Who cares? If people want to spend their money on additions then they can do so. They aren't forcing you to do it.

BF3 was worse because EA shafted everyone that pre-ordered or bought the original version to only come out with the pgrade version or whatever they call it that included the shit like 6 months after the game came out and for the same price everyone else paid (or less)

I think maybe I've just outgrown Borderlands (not saying it's for kids, but as a gamer). I played through BL2 and enjoyed it, but I tried starting a new character and it wasn't really that appealing for me to go through the same game again. Never really even played much of the Mechromancer, and I think I got about halfway through the Pirate DLC and then got bored. Never played the rest of the DLC despite having a Season Pass.

I enjoy the franchise and I may play BL3 or whatever they do next eventually, but Gearbox has lost a lot of my respect lately and I can't see pre-ordering BL3 like I did with BL2 and the Season Pass.

IMO, Season Pass should mean you get all the DLC that they release for a game, not cherry-picked BS that they are then going to add cooler stuff to later down the line. I understand that they're not obligated to do so, but honestly they only tend to release one or two more DLCs beyond the Season Pass, so really it seems it should all be included.
I think it was a fun game the first time through and I don't mind playing it with people to help them through but I'm just not at all motivated to even replay it with a different character. I'd need some new content before seriously playing again but that'll probably require me buying DLC which I'll only buy if it goes on sale.

I don't think you can compare Skyrim DLC to Borderlands 2 DLC. The biggest elephant in the room is that Skyrim's base game is infinitely moddable, and there is no better DLC than your own ability to alter the game in the fashion that you see fit. That's before you download a single mod and experience the game the way someone else sees the game's world.

Wow, you quoted all MSRP? :rolleyes: Those prices are for chumps... I paid like $50 total for this game with GMG deals when the game came out. Game + Season Pass. And I'll gladly pay for the new character too. Looks awesome.

I've definitely gotten my money for this game. Most games I dont. In fact, only the BL games do I ever feel I get my moneys worth. Because of the re-playability! This news is awesome, I'm glad they are still bringing out good stuff. Love the game. Wish i had more time to play though

Wow, you quoted all MSRP? :rolleyes: Those prices are for chumps... I paid like $50 total for this game with GMG deals when the game came out. Game + Season Pass. And I'll gladly pay for the new character too. Looks awesome.

I've definitely gotten my money for this game. Most games I dont. In fact, only the BL games do I ever feel I get my moneys worth. Because of the re-playability! This news is awesome, I'm glad they are still bringing out good stuff. Love the game. Wish i had more time to play though

Yes, you're right. Johnny got the game for free, because he pirated it. Jenny got the seasons pass for $2 because she knows someone. Frank had to pay $1000 for the non seasons pass DLC because he lives in Australia. Let's evaluate it on those prices, shall we?

It's pretty obvious I'm not speaking for everyone...Because thats stupid... I'm speaking for myself.

The new "Extra hard" mode miiight be interesting, if they will find some way of making enemies harder other than more health+strength. Otherwise it's just going to be the same as TVHM just 5x slower (unless there's new better weapons...). :D

Borderlands 2 $59.99

$29.99 USD

$9.99 USD

$9.99 USD

$9.99 USD

$9.99 USD

$4.99 USD
Borderlands 2: Collector's Edition Pack

$4.99 USD
Borderlands 2: Creature Slaughterdome

$0.99 USD
Borderlands 2: Commando Madness Pack

$0.99 USD
Borderlands 2: Commando Supremacy Pack

$0.99 USD
Borderlands 2: Commando Domination Pack

$0.99 USD
Borderlands 2: Siren Madness Pack

$0.99 USD
Borderlands 2: Siren Supremacy Pack

$0.99 USD
Borderlands 2: Siren Domination Pack

$0.99 USD
Borderlands 2: Gunzerker Madness Pack

$0.99 USD
Borderlands 2: Gunzerker Supremacy Pack

$0.99 USD
Borderlands 2: Gunzerker Domination Pack

$0.99 USD
Borderlands 2: Mechromancer Madness Pack

$0.99 USD
Borderlands 2: Mechromancer Supremacy Pack

$0.99 USD
Borderlands 2: Mechromancer Domination Pack

$0.99 USD
Borderlands 2: Assassin Madness Pack

$0.99 USD

$0.99 USD

The Psycho Pack $9.99

So let's get this down:
Game $60
Mechromancer $10
Krieg $10

Not worth it.

A staggering cost for the total catalog, and no one is forcing anyone to make these purchases. That said BL2 is an incredible game, the kind that doesn't come by very often. On top of that the standard game without DLCs holds more replay value than most of the competition, especially if you remember to play co-op.

Borderlands 2 is the best game purchase I have made for years, even with the season pass included in the cost. I typically buy major or important AAA titles and almost never get beyond the 500 hours I currently am at in BL2. Still having a lot of fun with it, to my surprise.

New lvlcap is live. Woot woot

Annnnd.. I just selected Ultimate Vault Hunter mode.. Here goes nothing.

New lvlcap is live. Woot woot

Annnnd.. I just selected Ultimate Vault Hunter mode.. Here goes nothing.

Excellent!

Also live in the EU, just now. Installing... Can't wait to get those extra 11 skill points for my Mechromancer :D ...and to realize my level 50 legendaries are useless hehe

I uninstalled sometime ago. Not sure I want to do the entire story again just for a few levels and I already completed all the DLC.

can someone post if the new levels and weapons are worth replaying? the big issue I had with BL2 is that it was just endless boss grinding to find new stuff. you never found anything in vending machines or piles or chests or drops

can someone post if the new levels and weapons are worth replaying? the big issue I had with BL2 is that it was just endless boss grinding to find new stuff. you never found anything in vending machines or piles or chests or drops

Judging by how quiet this thread is, I'm gonna say most people don't give a shit about the new patch. To answer your question, though a bit late, no. It's the same ol' shit, they've changed nothing really. I've said it before and I'll say it again, Gearbox knows fuck all about how to do end game. The new difficulty is just stupid, they just made the enemies even more of a bullet sponge than they were on TVHM. It's seriously just stupid at this point. I have the best guns in the game, all the lvl50 legendaries, and it's like 3-4 magazines just to finish off a normal bandit. That's NOT how to do higher difficulties. More enemies, that do more damage, act smarter, move faster, new enemy types with new tactics, that's how you do higher difficulty. The drops are still shit, which makes it just a boring grind of the same damn thing I've already played through 3 times. I loved BL2 for my first couple play throughs, but the DLC and end game have seriously just ruined it for me.

eep! That doesn't sound like much fun to me either. Although I still have fun when a friend decides to play (which isn't very often). At least the new lvl cap has brought a few back that were waiting to do the dlc content with the lvl increase.

Yes the new "ultimate" difficulty just seems to have given everyone 50x more health... It's not any more difficult, just everything takes 50 times longer to kill even with legendries. :D

They need to add some kind of new gameplay element, to actually add difficulty or something.

Love the patch and the level increase. I've been playing the game since patch day farming for higher level weapons. Only found one orange legendary so far (lvl 51 Maggie from Moxxi's slot machines) but as soon as I finish the main play through it is off to farm the Treasure Room. :D

just finished the torgue DLC.....and the final battle is greatly flawed...you can just sit outside the arena and shoot between the barrier and the door and yea....

I do give a shit about the patch at least for the high levels so rthat way when the next actual DLC comes out, I am not playing it at lvl50 and getting no where with it. very happy about it.

Hmm, Even though health is ridiculous for enemies in the new mode I'm still interested in playing around with the skill tree at the new max level. At least we still have one more DLC coming that should at least provide something fun for a little while.

I still have BL2 installed but I don't really care that much about it at this point. Never played all the Season Pass DLC in the first place...meh. They should have extended the bank/stash limits from the get-go, before I played for hours and had 99 Eridium just wasting away in my inventory, passing up hundreds more.

Gearbox has made a lot of very poor decisions lately.

Game + Season pass was for 25 bucks on Amazon not too long ago. Also I got the game pre-ordered for like 24 bucks and season pass for another 20 making my total spend on the game no more than 45 bucks thus far. Can't see all the bitching about DLC pricing when there are other culprits to put down (aka BLOPS2 or BF3 Premium).

Also, the skins are completely worthless and not for all of the people on the internet. The Mechromancer came free with the pre-order and collector's edition has nothing you can not get through playing the game.

All said and done, if you were buying today Amazon deal was the best for 25 bucks for a game that would give you more than 40+ hours of pure awesome gunplay.

Back