The Official Borderlands 2 Thread

Another tip: If you've missed out on past Shift codes, here's a compilation of the past ones. I just went through them and most still work, so try them one by one. Should net you 25-30 new gold keys - I find them most useful when leveling new characters and getting stuck in a rut where you're not finding good gear while the enemies keep getting more powerful. Every 5 or 10 levels I'll see what the chest has.

http://orcz.com/Borderlands_2:_Golden_Key#Latest_Shift_Codes

I just came here to make a similar post about the following website. I went down the list today, and including a couple codes from the newest comment, I got 37 keys from it.

http://www.ign.com/wikis/borderlands-2/SHiFT_Codes_and_Golden_Keys

Not sure if they are all the same or not, but even after entering all the codes from my like 3 or 4 of the codes from the link you provided worked for me and gave me about 4 keys, a relic and a real nice shield (although sadly I started my level 14 toon instead of my higher level one which would have resulted in a higher level relic and shield or weapon.

I found my first Bee Shield in this DLC. :D Now I can actually kill things!

Oh, and the DLC is excellent. :)

Are all those packs worth it on steam? I bought the game haven't played it, got the season pass dunno if I should wait to see if steam throws them on sale and get them. Played first borderland finished it now on to this one. Want to know if they are worth it etc.

Are all those packs worth it on steam? I bought the game haven't played it, got the season pass dunno if I should wait to see if steam throws them on sale and get them. Played first borderland finished it now on to this one. Want to know if they are worth it etc.

you can get a season pass super cheap on green man gaming i believe

CTWBJ-BXHSC-WBHJB-B3BBT-JJ5R9

5 key code posted on facebook for the 4th, its good until the 8th.

have people noticed at least in the new DLC, almost all the enemies do not seem to really have any elemental weakness except maybe explosive?

I keep thinking corosive would badly hurt the armored stuff and it just doesn't and nor does fire seem to do anything VS stuff I would think it would work against.

Final boss also REALLY annoying, I hate multistage shit. Can't get past the final form...I last like 10 seconds.

have people noticed at least in the new DLC, almost all the enemies do not seem to really have any elemental weakness except maybe explosive?

I keep thinking corosive would badly hurt the armored stuff and it just doesn't and nor does fire seem to do anything VS stuff I would think it would work against.

Final boss also REALLY annoying, I hate multistage shit. Can't get past the final form...I last like 10 seconds.

My friend and I just finished the main story quest in the latest DLC the other day, he played commando and I played siren. Both our primary weapons was shock based and we rolled most enemies pretty well. Only other weapon I really switched to was a fire sniper for mages. Course my orb doing slag and his 2 turrents also dealing slag was a major help.

Excellent, my friend.

Now, I know the Amazon.com BL2 deal has expired, but does anyone know where I can get discounts for the Season Pass or individual DLC's? I'd like the Psycho Pack at a discount.

The Steam Sales haven't happened yet either.

I've been working on my Psycho this week. His commentary cracks me up. "Don't worry, it's a GOOOOOD touch" (Said in a scary ass voice). Since my buddy plays the mechromancer, it makes me laugh even harder.

I heard the Psycho is really weak early on, but around level 30 or so, he starts getting increasingly strong.

I really wanna try him out and have some fun with that. Hoping I can get it all at a discounted cost. I may just spring for the Season Pass.

Psycho is hilarious, but his skill tree is a psychotic mess. I really did not like playing haim after I had heard most of his one liners. It is prolly on purpose that his skill tree is so chaotic, but at least he is not overpowered like the mechromancer.
Level 40+ mechromancer with a primary BFF, secondary LBT build, and you just run around looting the corpses until your mech goes away and then wait on him to cool down b4 going to the next area. On raid bosses, Deathclap sticks around and helps the rest of the team even if you die. It's like having an extra player that does not steal loot.

I caved in and got the Psycho Pack, playing as one right now. I'll buy the rest of the DLC when I can get the Season Pass cheap.

I started a new game with Krieg yesterday and played for about 4 hours. Very early on, in Hammerlock's small village, I received a handgun with fire drop and they kept giving me better fire/handguns. Fire makes the game particularly easier in those first areas since the bandits, psychos, and Bullymongs seem to fall pretty hard to that stuff. Of course the boss before Claptrap's ship is immune to fire effects.

Anyway, I got to level 8. I filled in some Hellbound attributes which apparently increase elemental damage while you're on fire but when you're on fire you of course take damage. I equipped a shield that blocks fire damage but quit before testing it out so I'm interested to see if I can be on fire and have the shield negate the damage from it.

edit: Researched. Using a shield with burn immunity blocks the Hellboard tree from being useful so don't use those shields with that. He won't be able to light himself on fire at all.

Last edited:
PSA: Been playing Borderlands 1 again after burning out on BL2 (again). If you haven't played a Mordecai built out for pistols on his skilltree, you dont know what you're missing! The revolvers in BL1 are some of the most fun you can have in a game especially once you get a good one, like my first legendary pestilent defiler that dropped from a regular Lancer at about lvl25. From then on the love affair with revolvers was on. Get one with a scope and its basically a mini sniper and crits do so much damage you can literally headshot your way through the map. Get a corrosive and those lancers fall like flies.

A lot of people still like the feel of the first Borderlands over the bright, bubble-gum direction BL2 took. BL1 was more Mad Max whereas BL2 went kinda "space cowboy". BL1's guns - especially the revolvers and sniper rifles - feel like they have some weight and power to the shot - reinforced by the nice "thwack!" sound. BL2's guns are more like toy space guns that run on D batteries with light-up LED's and sound effects.

Dont get me wrong I've got hundreds of hours in BL2, but BL1 has much more of a lonely, desolate, "Fallout" type feel to it versus the "Halo" direction that BL2 went (IMO). Worth noting its not mere nostalgia that I have for BL1, because I actually didnt discover BL1 until after I'd played BL2 and spent a couple hundreds hours with it. I caught this series late. Definitely get yourself BL1 GOTY from GMG or Amazon if you dont have it already.

Last edited:

Slag blaster and a Vladof TMP, rof 10.4 dual wield gunzerker *me and an Assassin with TMP and a Bee that I found. Add a few magic missiles and lightning bolt spells *nades, this boss was shut down in seconds every time he spawned for an interval.

This DLC was too short, but to be fair. Its always too short. The game is too good and this DLC is just a blast. Now I want to get to that Hyperion station in the sky! And it better be as big as it looks! :D

What is the map name for this DLC? Why don't they make it easier to find them, so annoying.

I have an Axton Steam card I would like to trade, if anyone has another one to offer *except Handsome Jack. PM me :)

Woot!!!

New Borderlands 2 DLC, Level Cap Increase Coming This Fall

Cap increased to 72!

The level cap increase will come along with the Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack 2: Digistruct Peak Challenge, which will be released for $5.00 before the end of October. The Digistruct Peak Challenge is a new map where Patricia Tannis will let players fight high-level enemies (which they can "over level" to create an "impossible" challenge) to earn new loot. An upcoming free update will also add additional backpack, ammo and bank slots.

Paying for level cap...no thanks.

Plus, isn't the current cap 69? So, 3 more levels for 5 bucks? :confused:

Paying for level cap...no thanks.

Plus, isn't the current cap 69? So, 3 more levels for 5 bucks? :confused:

Optional content is optional. And they're not simply selling a new lvlcap -- the UVHM2 pack also includes "Digistruct Peak Challenge" (an area run by Tannis where random enemies spawn in some type of endless mode) & TK Baha's Bloody Harvest.

Buying and playing the base game - hell its on sale for $10 regularly - still gets the meat of the experience. All these little add-ons are for the hardcore players that appreciate them and put a lot of hours into the game exploring every little thing. Personally I've gotten 10x my money's worth out of every dime I've spent on BL2 DLC.

Weird, I thought it was 69 for some reason. Maybe that was the first game?

Yep. BL1 maxes at 69.

Last edited:
They have been doing level increases in increments of 11. They have definitely came through fully on their word on the season pass I am more then impressed in what I got. Its now spent and they can now venture into additional DLC. And yes this is for [H]ardcore Borderlands 2 players. And really this pack is going to be definitely worth $5 to me. Apparently in that new Tannis DLC you can choose the lvl and creature you want to raid or solo for a chance at rare and specific loot. I think this is awesome. Could make farming a lot easier. :p

Still more details to come...

They need to either massively buff melee or redesign zer0's 3rd tree because that shit is seriously useless past the 1st play through. I gave up on that "collect bullymong" fur quest on the 3rd playthrough because I whittle those bastards down until they have a tiny sliver of health left and still can't manage to melee them to death before I'm having to shoot them to get a second wind. Attacks that do ~10k damage base, even with all kinds of crazy boosters getting it up to 100-200k damage isn't incredibly useful when the enemies are running around with 5-10mil health.

They need to either massively buff melee or redesign zer0's 3rd tree because that shit is seriously useless past the 1st play through. I gave up on that "collect bullymong" fur quest on the 3rd playthrough because I whittle those bastards down until they have a tiny sliver of health left and still can't manage to melee them to death before I'm having to shoot them to get a second wind. Attacks that do ~10k damage base, even with all kinds of crazy boosters getting it up to 100-200k damage isn't incredibly useful when the enemies are running around with 5-10mil health.

Still have yet to complete that one in Ultimate mode with a 54lvl zero.....

It's probably doable if you completely respect to full melee on zero, including that one +100% melee damage weapon from the oasis DLC, but I sure can't be bothered to do it just for the one quest. But seriously having to smack enemies 10-20 times much less 50-100 times when they only have to hit you twice to kill you... I think I'll just sit back and plink them for a couple mil per shot with my sniper rifle thanks.

I'm seriously about to uninstall this game and regret even buying it at 10 bucks. Everytime I open the game I'm still at the Southern Shelf even if I already beat the Captain 2 times. I have no way to get to sanctuary cause that buggy robot either does not spawn or does not follow me and I have to go back and trigger him after I just spent half an hour beating the enemies that I have to beat all over again. What the hell am I missing here?

Back