The Official Borderlands 2 Thread

fdiaz78

2[H]4U
I did a search and could not find a thread on Borderlands 2 so if I missed it sorry mods please delete this thread.

Just noticed that they are finally doing pre-order on Steam with 10% off. Definately a day one purchase for me but what caught my eye was the recommended specs for video card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 / ATI Radeon HD 5850 which I have at the moment(560ti). I remember Borderlands 1 not being too taxing on my old 8800GTS so i'm assuming B2 has more eye candy. The youtube videos online seems to show improved graphics and more loot. Can't wait to shoot midget bandits with you guys. :)

Created Steam Group for us: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/HardOCPB2

Some youtube links that show some nice gameplay:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5PRO1sN1yQ

PAX 2012 Gameplay:

DAY 1 Full Playlist
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL66B1D4904F10F001

DAY 2 Full Playlist
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL57A1E2668BD00A4D

DAY 3 Full Playlist
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7D745961F988429C

Note: Links from the Gearboxs forum user: http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=145297

Last edited:
Absolutely can't wait for this game. I loved part one for both SP and MP. 150 some odd hours worth out of it easily.

Not that excited about it. Looks pretty similar to the first game just new content which is cool don't get me wrong but I haven't beaten the last 2 expansions yet.

So what is this shit about the game being completed and now they're working on the first DLC? I'm not paying a dime for this thing.

If the game is COMPLETE I don't care if they are working on DLC. If its not complete and plan on finishing with DLC that sucks.

I'm pre ordering it when I get home. B1 stopped working in my PC when I got all the DLC on steam. So hopefully I can play 2.

So what is this shit about the game being completed and now they're working on the first DLC? I'm not paying a dime for this thing.

The DLC is not day one AFAIK and if you preorder it comes included when they release it. Its basically a new class.

Developers should be making sure their game fucking works properly before working on DLC. But yeah, looking forward to Borderlands 2.

The DLC is not day one AFAIK and if you preorder it comes included when they release it. Its basically a new class.

I smell shenanigans. Looks like they are trying to avoid people bitching about day 1 DLC by releasing the class later. I don't believe for 1 second that the class could not be completed for release. How much will this new class cost? It's obviously not free if you have to preorder to unlock it without buying additional DLC.

Ain't going to slow me down for a second. Can't wait to get it!

Looking forward to the game, already preordered it on amazon :D

I'm just going to avoid the inevitable DLC flaming entirely. First game was really fun and that's good enough for me.

Already pre-ordered one of the collector's editions. I cannot wait. Well over 250 hours played in B1 w all the DLC and multiplayer.

Already pre-ordered one of the collector's editions. I cannot wait. Well over 250 hours played in B1 w all the DLC and multiplayer.

same here, I was one of the few lucky ones that managed to get the Ultimate loot chest pre-ordered at my eb games. They sold out of pre-orders by 1pm here lol

I dont do pre-orders anymore, regardless of how much it saves, but I am looking forward to this coming out and hopefully its decent.

I dont do pre-orders anymore, regardless of how much it saves, but I am looking forward to this coming out and hopefully its decent.

I think it's pretty obvious that, worse case scenario, it's equal to part one. I think it's going to be better, though. :)

I need 2 people for a 4-pack. But I need somebody else to buy because I get charged tax at both Amazon & Steam.
Amazon 4-pack is actually cheaper (total cost of $153.30) if you buy Borderlands1 for $7.50 then you get a 10% coupon for BL2.

Please send me a PM if you can buy the 4pack and sell me 2 copies. Reputable heat only, please.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I'm psyched. 10% off isn't too bad and I'm sure I'll buy it anyway.
I jumped on the Borderlands 1 train pretty late...only 6 months ago. Were there a lot of growing pains when it first hit?

Borderlands 1 was a relatively demanding game with all settings maxed. Though there were also coding errors, and lots of INI tweaks that would improve the experience.

I think I will wait for Borderlands 2, like I did for 1. I'm all about waiting for the GOTY/Complete/Ultimate packages to come out. Cheaper and more content for when you're ravenous to play the title.

: )

60 USD for this? That's gonna hurt a bit...

There are plenty of deals going on where you can get it for $45 or less.

I dislike the idea of Day 1 DLC as well, but for Borderlands 2 I'm willing to overlook it because the first game was so awesome, and the extra class seems like a bonus anyway (there were only 4 classes originally).

There are plenty of deals going on where you can get it for $45 or less.

I dislike the idea of Day 1 DLC as well, but for Borderlands 2 I'm willing to overlook it because the first game was so awesome, and the extra class seems like a bonus anyway (there were only 4 classes originally).

Looks like we will have our hands full this coming fall! :D I'm waiting for this as well as Carmageddon. I bit on the amazon vault hunters chest. Got it for my dad, brother as well.

When is this supposed to be released? Don't get me wrong, I'll definitely be buying it...but if they're already working DLC, why isn't the game out? :p

Bought the 4-pack off of Amazon. Want to sell 2 copies for $39 each. Heat in sig. PM me!

EDIT: All gone! Copies reserved for jakuum and Blue Fox.

Last edited:
I am stoked as hell about this game. Watching some of the gameplay and character walkthrough videos in my downtime here at work, and it just looks awesome. Can't wait. :D

Back