The Official Borderlands 2 Thread

Still haven't played the second DLC, went through second play-through in TVHM and got to level 50 without beating it a second time, so holding off till next DLC hoping the level cap is raised / removed, then I'll beat it go through second DLC, Third DLC then first DLC and farm away :)

I haven't noticed or paid attention to it... but as you go through do you keep gaining XP but just not level up? In other words if I keep playing and I am gaining XP do I at that point auto level up when the cap is removed based on my XP Banked?

Still haven't played the second DLC, went through second play-through in TVHM and got to level 50 without beating it a second time, so holding off till next DLC hoping the level cap is raised / removed, then I'll beat it go through second DLC, Third DLC then first DLC and farm away :)

I haven't noticed or paid attention to it... but as you go through do you keep gaining XP but just not level up? In other words if I keep playing and I am gaining XP do I at that point auto level up when the cap is removed based on my XP Banked?

The first game did not do this. However, you can grab one of the Borderlands 2 save editors and find out easy enough. Use the editor to see what your Xp is, then play a bit and see if it has raised up any. The eventual patch that raises the level cap, may also reset Xp to level 50 levels for those already at level 50. No real way to know without gearbox telling us.

Just played original Borderlands DLC 4 - Claptrap revolution. I would say it is the best DLC among all DLCs of BL and BL2

I saw a video of someone soloing craw today. the main thing he talked about was how the loot (oranges) overall was much better in BL1. Craw would typically give about 3 or 4 oranges and they would be more powerful versions of regular weapons. In BL2 they totally screwed up the weapons and the drops.

Gamespy published a preview, read it here: http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/borderlands-2/1226991p1.html?utm_campaign=twposts&utm_source=twitter

Bad news is no change to the level cap. Good news is that Gearbox is aware that gamers want it and it's coming in a big way... something that will entice gamers to stick around for a third play though. Gamespy speculates another "Season" of DLC. We should know more in early 2013 it seems.

Spend $$ get more levels....hmm

That going to suck for players like me. Forget what level I am but if I hit the cap, I really don't want to start another character to do the new DLC because I don't want to spend time leveling up someone to a point where the DLC would be worth playing.

Gamespy published a preview, read it here: http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/borderlands-2/1226991p1.html?utm_campaign=twposts&utm_source=twitter

Bad news is no change to the level cap. Good news is that Gearbox is aware that gamers want it and it's coming in a big way... something that will entice gamers to stick around for a third play though. Gamespy speculates another "Season" of DLC. We should know more in early 2013 it seems.

GameSpy are merely making an assumption about lvlcap. They did not get that info from GBX directly, because GBX wont comment on that before theyre ready, even to review sites.. Because of the way the system works where GBX can give reviewers early access to the DLC (its a time limited "beta key" in Steam), the game is still running the same executable as everyone else - with the same back end system. The map data has simply been unlocked and downloads independent of the core game. When lvlcap is raised it therefore raises for everyone, including the early access system. In other words the lvlcap not raised in their preview access doesn't mean jack and doesn't put them in a position to comment on it.

The anticipation has been that it would be raised in DLC3 just like they did in BL1 with Knox, but since they seem to have accelerated DLC releases from initial plans of 4 DLC's by June, who knows. I read a blurb last night that GBX had supposedly confirmed it for Q1 but cant find that now. all I know is more content>raised lvlcap.

I'm still not going to bother playing any of it until after the level cap raise comes through. I finished a very thorough PT1 and needed a break anyways. I'll do PT2 and 2.5 and all the DLC and such after the level cap raise comes through.

If they seriously release more DLC beyond the Season Pass and NONE of the Season Pass stuff raises the level cap, they can go fuck themselves IMO. Not buying any more DLC from them unless it's like 90% off.

If they seriously release more DLC beyond the Season Pass and NONE of the Season Pass stuff raises the level cap, they can go fuck themselves IMO. Not buying any more DLC from them unless it's like 90% off.
They must have some hold on discounting DLC because I was hoping it would go on sale but it isn't.

Here is a Shift code worth 5 golden keys, good as of 1/10/13 6pm.
K3K33-3W9JT-6XJJT-TB3JB-HWZZF

Got back into it again recently after taking a break. And Tuesday's DLC looks like it'll be good, probably the best DLC yet. Judging from a few minutes of preview video, I get a distinct classic Borderlands 1 vibe, like Earl's Scrap Yard - that kind of dreary and debris laden environment and atmosphere that gave the original its unique feel.

I play still. Trying to finish up PT2.5. Got a good amount of legendary weapons. Still trying to find a better conference call. I got 3 different infinity pistols with different elemental effects, that's what I normally run around with to pwn. Its pretty fun. I might work on my other chars to get them to lvl50 too.

I play still. Trying to finish up PT2.5. Got a good amount of legendary weapons. Still trying to find a better conference call. I got 3 different infinity pistols with different elemental effects, that's what I normally run around with to pwn. Its pretty fun. I might work on my other chars to get them to lvl50 too.

Three infinity pistols? Wow! My friends and I have farmed Doc Mercy for months and only found one (acid elemental). :(

Ransack the Treasure Room a few times as it has a higher drop rate for an Infinity than Doc Mercy. ;)

Three infinity pistols? Wow! My friends and I have farmed Doc Mercy for months and only found one (acid elemental). :(

Finally got this for PC. Seriously, how fucking hard is it to make a decent mouse-friendly UI? It's fucking hideous. Apart from some PC-specific graphics/physics features it's another console port from Gearbox and 2K.

I've already stated that I quite like the game, but that was the 360 rental version from earlier in the year and so I've had no experience with the PC version, until now. It's my only gripe with Borderlands 2.

Last edited:
Finally got this for PC. Seriously, how fucking hard is it to make a decent mouse-friendly UI? It's fucking hideous. Apart from some PC-specific graphics/physics features it's another console port from Gearbox and 2K.

I've already stated that I quite like the game, but that was the 360 rental version from earlier in the year and so I've had no experience with the PC version, until now. It's my only gripe with Borderlands 2.

The "PC gamers should be excited because we are putting things back into the game that had been a part of PC gaming for years" bullshit really does get annoying doesnt it?

I really wonder why developers don't take the little bit of extra time to create a PC centric inventory/UI for games.

The "PC gamers should be excited because we are putting things back into the game that had been a part of PC gaming for years" bullshit really does get annoying doesnt it?

I really wonder why developers don't take the little bit of extra time to create a PC centric inventory/UI for games.

Skyrim is plagued by this same issue as well. Better graphics but shoddy consolized UI. Too bad Borderlands 2 can't be modded like Skyrim though...

Skyrim is plagued by this same issue as well. Better graphics but shoddy consolized UI. Too bad Borderlands 2 can't be modded like Skyrim though...

Yeah, I had to download the modded UI for a much more enjoyable experience. It definitely took me a while to get used to the UI in borderlands because I was so used to the first game, but once you are used it to, navigating around isn't too bad.

Yeah, I had to download the modded UI for a much more enjoyable experience. It definitely took me a while to get used to the UI in borderlands because I was so used to the first game, but once you are used it to, navigating around isn't too bad.

Is this for Skyrim, the modded UI? I havn't been able to get into Skyrim because of the mass difference in UI from Oblivion. I love the genre (loved nearly all of the elder scrolls games) but seriously have not been able to get into Skyrim because of the shit console UI. Do you have a link for it? Much appreciated.

turn off the setting in the menu that stops them from swaying and moving around and it isn't that bad.

Actually quite nice using the keyboard to navigate inventory, let for me it is.

Rushed a bit (only got it recently) and fought the last boss! He was interesting but it needed to be much harder damnit! :D Though Deathtrap did pretty much do everything...

Interestingly, when the Deathtrap's kill multi goes over 999 it cuts off the last digit...
2ep7eog.jpg

107ki6s.jpg

Now i'm rushing through TVHM to increase the difficulty!

Yes it's really annoying. Considering the mouse-scroll bug is still present this long after release, we'll probably get a "your mouse will scroll correctly" promise with the next Borderlands game instead of fixing the current one....just like with all of the unfixed shit in the first Borderlands game.

because they're after the money, not the work. so if they can extract your money, without doing the work, then why would they bother?

Level cap increase nixed

There is no doubt about it: the Borderlands 2 community wants a level cap increase, and they want it now. Unfortunately for them, this will most likely not be included in any future Borderlands 2 updates and for very good reasons.

Not only this, but the Xbox hardware also may not be able to handle the amount of computing going on with these potentially insane builds; your Xbox will crash with the amount of damage being dealt and other actions being performed simultaneously.

That's bullshit...they basically flat-out lied, then. They said before that a level cap increase would come in a "unique way" or something to that extent.

I wouldn't say they lied per se... It's clear that they put a lot of effort into working with the idea and capabilities.

What irks me is that they're canning it because the Xbox is incapable... Also because there's bosses that are extremely difficult right now that me and my friends have not been able to beat. They're basically keeping them near impossible.

No, they flat-out lied.

http://www.examiner.com/article/bor...-getting-a-level-cap-increase-later-this-year

https://twitter.com/DuvalMagic/status/300058759106007040

However, that first article isn't really clear-cut in that he said there would for sure be no level cap increase, so I guess there's still hope. Oddly enough, that article came out on the same day he made that tweet. Not sure what to believe, really.

Hard to imagine GBX being blatant douches like that. Hope not.

Back