The Official Borderlands 2 Thread

As much as I liked the game, I haven't touched it in a while either. They took forever with raising the level cap, and even so the loot and vending system is so borked compared to BL1 I really don't know if it's worth playing through the DLC.

I stopped playing and uninstalled it as soon as their embezzlement and thievery tactics came to light. Gearbox is dead to me as I personally couldn't stomach what they did. Until they own up and apologize for their shit, fuck this company and their leadership that thought this was an ok practice.

I stopped playing and uninstalled it as soon as their embezzlement and thievery tactics came to light. Gearbox is dead to me as I personally couldn't stomach what they did. Until they own up and apologize for their shit, fuck this company and their leadership that thought this was an ok practice.
Are you talking about Aliens game in this thread? Not sure what they did to hurt you with Borderlands 2?

Are you talking about Aliens game in this thread? Not sure what they did to hurt you with Borderlands 2?

They stole the money from Sega to finance their own games (i.e. Borderlands 1 & 2) and they pawned the game off to Timegate Studios which led to Timegate bearing the brunt of Gearbox's embezzlement and shoddy work which in turned led to 25 people losing their jobs 5 of which were close personal friends of mine.

They stole the money from Sega to finance their own games (i.e. Borderlands 1 & 2) and they pawned the game off to Timegate Studios which led to Timegate bearing the brunt of Gearbox's embezzlement and shoddy work which in turned led to 25 people losing their jobs 5 of which were close personal friends of mine.
I see. Fair enough.
Back to Borderlands 2. Is a great game, however, I am now extremely weary of pre-purchasing any of Gearbox crap (read Brothers in Arms 4 lol)

More DLC on the way.

L1KXD91.jpg

"Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep" doesn't exactly sound similiar to "Bunkers and Badasses" which leads me to believe one of the two doesn't exist, or one of the two is ANOTHER DLC pack that isn't included in the "Season's Pass."

-edit-
I've now read that Bunkers and Badasses is more of a reference to this DLC that it would have been it's own.

Last edited:
Full DLC Details have been released.

IGN

IGN said:
Following a leak earlier today, Gearbox has confirmed that the fourth and final campaign add-on in Borderlands 2’s Season Pass is Tiny Tina’s Assault on Dragon Keep. The pack will be released on PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 on June 25th for free to Season Pass holders, or for $9.99 (800 Microsoft Points) to anyone else.

The add-on revolves around a game of Bunkers & Badasses -- Pandora’s version of Dungeons & Dragons -- led by Tiny Tina. Original Vault Hunters Brick, Mordecai and Lilith are gathered around a table playing through Bunkers & Badasses and you are a character in their game. You'll experience their game as part of Borderlands 2 with Tina serving as dungeon master, narrating the action as it happens and even changing boss attributes, location details, character names and much more on the fly.

IGN had a chance to play through early parts of Tiny Tina’s Assault on Dragon Keep, so look out for more details and our impressions coming later this month.

Tiny Tina’s Assault on Dragon Keep marks the fourth add-on released as part of the Borderlands 2 Season Pass, following Captain Scarlett and Her Pirate’s Booty in October, Mr. Torgue’s Campaign of Carnage in November and Sir Hammerlock’s Big Game Hunt in December.

As Gearbox teased at PAX East, Tiny Tina’s Assault on Dragon Keep is the biggest Borderlands 2 DLC yet and is being developed entirely by the internal Gearbox team.

Sounds like a fun time, and I'm glad they're bringing back the best character in the game.

I've put way too much time into this game solo lol. I've been getting the itch to run through bl1 again.

My 7870 myst is starting to flicker weird when I enable physx, mostly in snow levels. Not sure what that is. It's a similiar effect to slightly loosening an analog video wire, but I'm using hdmi. No overheating and doesn't happen in any other games.

I bought Borderlands 2 last week on Steam and I can't figure out what everyone is so impressed with. The game seems like every other co-op campaign shooter but with a bunch of guns and a small splash of RPG elements. I admit I didn't research the game enough before I bought it. I assumed there would be some multiplayer PVP or strategy. The campaign coop was good for 25 hours before i was so bored I couldn't keep it up. I even managed to grab a cool purple gun and most of my gear is good but where is the depth?

Note: I'm not trying to start a flame war, I'm honestly wondering if there is some mod or something that makes the game fun? I kind of feel like I wasted the money.

Edit: I just came from playing a lot of Civ 5 so I guess I'm expecting too much complexity?

Last edited:
I bought Borderlands 2 last week on Steam and I can't figure out what everyone is so impressed with. The game seems like every other co-op campaign shooter but with a bunch of guns and a small splash of RPG elements. I admit I didn't research the game enough before I bought it. I assumed there would be some multiplayer PVP or strategy. The campaign coop was good for 25 hours before i was so bored I couldn't keep it up. I even managed to grab a cool purple gun and most of my gear is good but where is the depth?

Note: I'm not trying to start a flame war, I'm honestly wondering if there is some mod or something that makes the game fun? I kind of feel like I wasted the money.

Edit: I just came from playing a lot of Civ 5 so I guess I'm expecting too much complexity?

It's not meant to be deep. I found it captured my interest due to comedic value as an FPS w/ RPG elements. Some people enjoy it for the loot.

QFT... :)

Borderlands 2 isn't for the strategist type of guy, it's a game you can jump in with 3 friends and blow off steam shooting everything in sight and looting every container you see. Yes it doesn't have a lot of depth, but after a trying day at work it is great therapy! :D

it's not a game meant to be taken seriously...more of a fun game with some laughs and loot...the loot aspect was kinda tedious for me but most people love that part...mostly meant to be played co-op with friends...fun game but not as amazing as a lot of people seem to think

It was pretty awesome. I ran through it pretty fast with my 50 and I don't know if I finished it. The Gf was nagging but I know I got damn close...

But over all really fun. There was a time where I got so god damn stuck i went through 600k cause i couldnt pass through this one part. I almost rage quit honestly lol.

i am really liking this new DLC, i think it is the best one so far.

hardest bit was the 4 ghost gods so far but I found it easier to go around the right side, outside the wall, and you could jump up and down and sniper head shot the bosses for criticals. Sometimes they would move out of view but you can manipulate them a little bit by standing back at the entrance. took awhile but hell, being in there was hell.

overall, those who bitched about Tina, she isn't totally over the top and it is very good.

I got into borderlands 2 just awhile ago so I have alot left to do before checking this one out. Sounds like the best dlc yet from what people are saying.

Ok so can someone explain to me, do you have to play through BL2 2 times to get to a high enough level to handle several of the DLC areas and some of the epic spawns? I always see ppl at lvl 50 but can't figure out how they got there? Do you really have to do the whole game twice???

Ok so can someone explain to me, do you have to play through BL2 2 times to get to a high enough level to handle several of the DLC areas and some of the epic spawns? I always see ppl at lvl 50 but can't figure out how they got there? Do you really have to do the whole game twice???

To get to level 50 you need to play through the game twice. I've been doing the DLC with my buddies at level 30 though.

To get to level 50 you need to play through the game twice. I've been doing the DLC with my buddies at level 30 though.

you dont need lvl 50 but the DLC does ramp up based on your level to a point. each time I started one of the DLCs i was always out gunned until I could get a few more level to match the enemies

Depending on what level of the game you start your character in when you get in the game (regular or true) thats what the level of the DLC will be when you fast track there

Gearbox recommends lvl31 to start DLC4, that's a healthy playthrough of the base game and restarting the game in True Vault Hunter Mode which should put you at about lvl31.

This DLC is a lot of fun. Knoxx is no longer the high watermark DLC to which every DLC is judged, it is now Dragon's Keep. The price of the season pass was worth it for this DLC alone.

Tip: You'll see a new type of enemy with a glowing blue sword in his back. If you down one of these guys and don't go over and press E to pull the sword out, he'll respawn as a level higher than he went down with, and will keep doing that making him more and more powerful so pull that sword.

Last edited:
Sounds like I might have to play BL2 again. I quit about halfway through Pirate's Booty.

Another tip: If you've missed out on past Shift codes, here's a compilation of the past ones. I just went through them and most still work, so try them one by one. Should net you 25-30 new gold keys - I find them most useful when leveling new characters and getting stuck in a rut where you're not finding good gear while the enemies keep getting more powerful. Every 5 or 10 levels I'll see what the chest has.

http://orcz.com/Borderlands_2:_Golden_Key#Latest_Shift_Codes

Last edited:
the gold chest is the only way i've been able to get really good weapons. I never find anything worth a damn other wise.

the gold chest is the only way i've been able to get really good weapons. I never find anything worth a damn other wise.

I farmed The Warrior a bit after I beat him the first time and found some decent stuff. Otherwise, I agree with you, the drops are pretty lame like 98% of the time.

Thanks, I will wait a bit till I don't remember most of it and give it a try.....seems kind of silly though to have to play through 2x.

I think I was lvl 40 when I finished the first play through. Hit level 50 sometime in the torgue DLC or early in the Sir annoyingcock crap DLC.

Back