• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

The Official Borderlands 2 Thread

I think the damage comparison doesn't take the multiplier into account which is why it shows the 2nd one as more damage.

I'm pretty sure that the damage from that pistol is an actual 4x100 and not the lower amount, I know shotguns are similar.
 
For some reason the game doesn't seem to take into account multipliers for grenades, but it does for guns. For example, if I have a 450x2 pistol and an 800 pistol, it properly shows the 450x2 as an upgrade. But if I have a 1000x3 grenade vs a 1500 grenade, it shows the 1500 grenade as an upgrade. Kinda wacky.
 
grenades will fragment, doubtful all fragments will hit a target (unless homing grenades which are awesome!). that is possible with a shotgun and a large target.

on another note, yesterday I found a gold turtle shield that halved your movement speed but had 8000 hp (@ my level they are 2k at most). well, useless I said, and sold. Today I did the arena.... :(
 
I just want clarification on playthrough "2.5". Once you complete the first playthrough, is the idea that you play through the story in TVHM without doing sidequests? I was told that the sidequests then level to 50 if you hadn't picked them up so you get the highest level loot possible. I was also told that activating a sidequest would effectively lock its level at the point you took it, so it was best not to take them if you wanted high level gear. If thats true then I'll attempt to power through the story as much as possible, but if not, i'll follow my playthrough 1 strategy of doing lots of side missions throughout the story.
 
Yeah, if you accept the side quests in PT2, you can't do them again in PT2.5.
 
Be careful if you play with others during pt2, had someone run around and start about a dozen quests before I got him to stop.
 
I don't think you guys understand PT2.5, there are no quests, (aside from unfinished ones) just everything is at your level or above. Example, I just beat PT1 and then exited and went back in and beat it again. The enemies this time were my level. Jack was gone but monster was there and the loot was a lot better.
 
Mechro-mancer comes out tomorrow - Tuesday.

I'm curious to know how many people here actually care about this DLC? For anyone who pre-ordered and got this for free... who's actually going to start over with a new class?

I really like the sound of this new person, but I've already got 26 hours logged with Maya. I'm not just starting over. Even when I finish the game, I sort of want to do a second playthrough with her to max her out. That means it's most likely that I'll be playing as this new class sometime next year, after all the DLC is out. If there is any sort of time for Day 1 DLC, this would have been it...
 
I don't think you guys understand PT2.5, there are no quests, (aside from unfinished ones) just everything is at your level or above. Example, I just beat PT1 and then exited and went back in and beat it again. The enemies this time were my level. Jack was gone but monster was there and the loot was a lot better.

I don't think you understand that some of us want level 50 quest rewards.
 
Something I haven't seen addressed yet.

If someone wants to start a new toon, but have it completely independant of their first one, badass points and all, is there a way to do it?
 
I don't think you guys understand PT2.5, there are no quests, (aside from unfinished ones) just everything is at your level or above. Example, I just beat PT1 and then exited and went back in and beat it again. The enemies this time were my level. Jack was gone but monster was there and the loot was a lot better.
i'm not an idiot, my question was about the unfinished quests. your reading comprehension needs work
I don't think you understand that some of us want level 50 quest rewards.
Exactly
Something I haven't seen addressed yet.

If someone wants to start a new toon, but have it completely independant of their first one, badass points and all, is there a way to do it?
Yes and no. You won't start the badass rank number at zero, but all the badass rank challenges start from the beginning. If you redeem tokens they stack with your previous character, so you cant have character-specific badass bonus totals
 
Mechro-mancer skill tree here:

http://www.borderlands2.com/us/skilltree/mechromancer.html


The third tree (ordered chaos) sucks but the other two make it definitely seem like menchro-mancer is going to be easy mode.

Actually, I kind of like the third tree. Lots of anarchy stacks with a fast reloading, small magazine size revolver and a high capacity shield could make for a pretty devastating up close and personal build. Might be a little rough for a boss fight without adds, but with Blood Soaked Shields to keep your shields up, it should make for pretty quick cleanup of groups of baddies.
 
I don't think you guys understand PT2.5, there are no quests, (aside from unfinished ones) just everything is at your level or above. Example, I just beat PT1 and then exited and went back in and beat it again. The enemies this time were my level. Jack was gone but monster was there and the loot was a lot better.

You don't get to re-do the story quests, either?
 
PT2.5 isn't a real playthrough it's a "run around and farm bosses and finish up any quests you didn't finish in PT2, which are all now leveled to 50 and give much better rewards"
 
PT2.5 isn't a real playthrough it's a "run around and farm bosses and finish up any quests you didn't finish in PT2, which are all now leveled to 50 and give much better rewards"

Ah...for some reason I thought you could do the story missions again. I guess that makes sense, though, not really being a "PT3".
 
So, ( I'm slow).......and I don't recall what happened in BL1 in this regard?

In PlayThrough 2 you start over and can do all missions again, but everything is leveled up to match the character you play, correct?:p

Another question......I have played through once on my AMD machine and I started a brand new game on my nvidia machine so I could look at the difference physx makes......which is pretty obvious I must say......but I've noticed the loot is much, much better in this game than my previous game.......the nvidia character started fresh, at level 0.

both games on both machines were clean installs and I play offline, so the steam cloud cant cross over to the second fresh game.
 
So, ( I'm slow).......and I don't recall what happened in BL1 in this regard?

In PlayThrough 2 you start over and can do all missions again, but everything is leveled up to match the character you play, correct?:p

Another question......I have played through once on my AMD machine and I started a brand new game on my nvidia machine so I could look at the difference physx makes......which is pretty obvious I must say......but I've noticed the loot is much, much better in this game than my previous game.......the nvidia character started fresh, at level 0.

both games on both machines were clean installs and I play offline, so the steam cloud cant cross over to the second fresh game.

Well duh! The Nvidia machine has hardware loot acceleration. :p
 
Any tips for a complete noob to this game/series? Playing commando, 110 minutes in and loving it. Just got my turret as 1st perk last night.

Any advice?

And whats this I hear about coop = better loot/weapons? I don't know another person playing this at my level, so is coop worth messing with?
 
And whats this I hear about coop = better loot/weapons? I don't know another person playing this at my level, so is coop worth messing with?

Honestly I would probably recommend not playing coop with random people, a lot that you run into usually just hoard all the weapons that drop, as well as just grabbing & turning in quests without even letting you read what the quest is about (backstory & quest flavor text humor is one of the things I love, so this annoys me in particular.)

Join the [H] Borderlands 2 Steam Group and add some people to play with.
 
I'm curious to know how many people here actually care about this DLC? For anyone who pre-ordered and got this for free... who's actually going to start over with a new class?

I really like the sound of this new person, but I've already got 26 hours logged with Maya. I'm not just starting over. Even when I finish the game, I sort of want to do a second playthrough with her to max her out. That means it's most likely that I'll be playing as this new class sometime next year, after all the DLC is out. If there is any sort of time for Day 1 DLC, this would have been it...

I'll probably do it. I'm enjoying trying the different characters out. Also, the friends I play with are scattered at different levels so matching them for a good game is usefull.
 
Any tips for a complete noob to this game/series? Playing commando, 110 minutes in and loving it. Just got my turret as 1st perk last night.

Any advice?

And whats this I hear about coop = better loot/weapons? I don't know another person playing this at my level, so is coop worth messing with?

I would just play single player until you finish the first playthrough.
I agree that if you play with ramdom people, they will end up screwing you and the enjoyment will be gone, especially if you're new to the game(s).

I played the commando in both games......I loaded up the health, shield and turrent skill lines, got the best elemental weapons I could, and used the eridium to up the ammo and backpack capacity. Loot guns and resell them.

The game is way fun, even by yourself.:D
 
Really like the mechromancer skill trees, coolest ones in the game, IMO. I'll definitely do at least a playthrough with her.
 
Thanks for the tips!

And I agree - this game is epic fun. Funny, looks cool, well thought out - just a damn near perfect game.
 
i was 5 or 6 levels behind my friends, and after one or two days i'm caught up with them already. they're pretty much the same level, but said i've leveled much faster than they have. i've been playing sporatically as of late, and this is the 2nd time i've had to play catch up.

is it just because i'm behind in level? my friend started the day at 21, and i was 17. we did the bandit circle of slaughter mission (which he hadn't done either) in a session i started. when we finished, i was 21 and he was 22.
 
Thanks for the tips!

And I agree - this game is epic fun. Funny, looks cool, well thought out - just a damn near perfect game.

i think the best part of the humor in this game is how indicative it is that the developers put so much time and attention into the details of this game.
 
New patch along with the Mechromancer DLC, apparently.

Update v1.1.0
(Released 10/9/2012)
- Fixed some cases where the Logitech G19 screen would show incorrect information for the friends list.
- Fixed players losing ammo when reloading a savegame with max ammo and a stockpile relic equipped.
- Fixed the vendor UI sometimes showing a count of 1 less item in the player's backpack than is actually there.
- Fixed the favorite/trash icons in the inventory sometimes disappearing when scrolling the inventory list.
- Fixed players getting stuck in a white box when two people try to travel at once and one is in a vehicle.
- Fixed co-op players sometimes spawning at different places after a level transition.
- Fixed the "has abandoned your struggle!" message sometimes appearing with no player name.
- Fixed mini-map fog-of-war sometimes not uncovering correctly when first loading a saved game as a client.
- Fixed a rare crash when trying to select a menu item with the keyboard after playing the game with a gamepad.
- Added "(undiscovered)" entries to the challenge log for challenges that the player has not yet found.
- Fixed a rare crash in the launcher related to using a gamepad.
- Fixed client players sometimes seeing fired bullets fly off in random directions.
- Fixed a blocker in the "Do No Harm" quest. This fix prevents the bug and corrects the issue for any character hit by this bug.
- Fixed a case where players were sometimes being sent back to the main menu after their online status changed when playing a LAN game.
- Fixed a case where shields that reduce the player's health were sometimes not showing how much health they reduce.
- The inventory screen will no longer jump to the top of the list when using a customization item.
- Fixed a case where clients and servers would sometimes see different fast-travel stations available to them.
- Fixed a bug that could cause challenges to re-complete all 5 tiers over and over again.
- Fixed players who have lost access to their 3rd or 4th weapon slot erroneously.
- Allowed players to trade with each other when at maximum backpack capacity if they're trading the same number of items with each other.
 
Something I haven't seen addressed yet.

If someone wants to start a new toon, but have it completely independant of their first one, badass points and all, is there a way to do it?

Not quite sure about what you're asking, but i created a new character, the mechromancer and it has nothing carried over from my level 30 commander.
 
Not quite sure about what you're asking, but i created a new character, the mechromancer and it has nothing carried over from my level 30 commander.

Unless you completely disabled them, all of your badass point bonuses are carried over.
 
Are they nerfing or strengthening anything in this patch? I heard everyone talking about how a few weapons and the bee shield were getting nerfed.
 
Back
Top