• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Mortal Kombat (2011)

I wouldn't say that's realistic, but it is gory.

Yeah that's the better word. It's certainly more graphic than the usual "headshot" animations to other games where you get blood and gibs and a completely headless body. The partial-destruction of the head and skull fragments along with the gore makes it seem more realistic than usual.

How is multiplayer?
 
Well the europe release was the 21st, but I ordered it...on about the 12th of march. I suppose it isn't the same amazon! (US vs UK) for tax reasons or something they have the main warehouse on an island off the coast, which is where it's being shipped from!

I want this now :D

I pre-ordered from Amazon UK, paid for the quicker delivery and got it on Thursday.

Awesome games, just pissed off about PSN being down....at least I can unlock the costumes/fatalities now instead of waiting thanks to the above.
 
I disagree.

Not sure what you're smoking but the hitbox in Mortal Kombat is a joke. Link

MK is the laughing stock because you don't need to be good to win and it's so unbalance. You can random hit buttons to win without any skill, it's a game for scrubs.
Where Street fighter is the chess of fighting games. There's a counter to everything and you have to be good at reading your opponent.

You'll see Street fighter 2 at Evo or any fighting tournament but you won't see MK2, because they know that game is a POS.



Someone sucks at MK2.;)
 
me and a friend finally finished story mode, took us 4 days, about 3-4 hrs each day on medium difficulty. got to the final battle with shao khan today, spent an hour and half trying to beat him. COULD NOT BEAT HIM. I went to menu and changed difficulty to beginner. We had been up so late with no sleep, we just laughed maniacally, then beat khan easily in the next match.

this game is awesome, no words can describe the sounds, the background visuals, the fighting mechanics, the character design and animations.. its too surreal to finally have a really good mortal kombat game since MK1-UMK3. Theres so many detailed things to visually inspect and look at.
The subway for example.. whens the last time you seen a pay phone? Thats a throw back to the 90's. Little things like that make me smile. The game had a very 90's feeling to it, but with a newage twist of graphics and play style.

What im most impressed about is the character sounds, their taunts, their offensive and defensive grunts and pain remarks.. it sounds really good, very impressive.

the storymode is very detailed and cleared up alot of confusion i had, sure some things were changed, but oh well.. it was still a fun ride..
 
Beating Shao Kahn on medium isn't too difficult really. You just need to keep away from him and when he taunts you, hit him with either something that disables him like Sub-Zero's freeze or Cyrax's net. Then go and smack him and then move away. You can also conversely use Liu Kang's low fireball and just stay at the maximum length of the screen spamming that move repeatedly. He'll go down either way. The easiest way I've found to beat him is to use Smoke and simply stay at the full screen distance. Whenever Shao Kahn runs his mouth simply use your teleport attack. Anytime he tries to spear you or throw the hammer, use the teleport attack. Do this with decent timing jumping away after each hit and you'll take him out no problem.

From beginner to medium it's about the same. I haven't tried it on the higher difficulties.
 
I love playing Nightwolf against the range spammers , sending all that shit back to them and having them not know what to do is hilarious.
 
I love playing Nightwolf against the range spammers , sending all that shit back to them and having them not know what to do is hilarious.

He'd be good against Shao Kahn. I need to try that. Perhaps I will when I get some time.
 
Well I bit on this. Will be playing tonight hopefully.

Last game I bought for full price was Civ 5, I usually wait till 20-30 dollars, so this better be worth it. lol. :)
 
Beating Shao Kahn on medium isn't too difficult really. You just need to keep away from him and when he taunts you, hit him with either something that disables him like Sub-Zero's freeze or Cyrax's net. Then go and smack him and then move away. You can also conversely use Liu Kang's low fireball and just stay at the maximum length of the screen spamming that move repeatedly. He'll go down either way. The easiest way I've found to beat him is to use Smoke and simply stay at the full screen distance. Whenever Shao Kahn runs his mouth simply use your teleport attack. Anytime he tries to spear you or throw the hammer, use the teleport attack. Do this with decent timing jumping away after each hit and you'll take him out no problem.

From beginner to medium it's about the same. I haven't tried it on the higher difficulties.

i beat him first in story with Raiden, teleport behind him and nail him, rinse repeat x100.
 
Last edited:
Noob saibots basic kick combo thing (I think you just press the circle button twice and forward, can't remember now) is pretty good for clearning all the opponents but shao khan (you have to hit and run). Most of the AI seemed to not have any defense against it, especially the larger foes. The coop arcade mode is my favirote gametype so far. It reminds me of when me and a friend used to play tekken tag tournement survival. Survival mode might be intresting...

Waiting for a pc version :-(

Ed Boon did hint at a PC version somewhere...and it's already running on a "PC" engine. I think you might be in for a long long wait however.
 
i beat him first in story with Raiden, teleport behind him and nail him, rinse repeat x100.

That worked for me too, but I had issues with him still hitting me here and there. I have the easiest time with Shao Kahn with Smoke and Scorpion.
 
Beating Shao Kahn on medium isn't too difficult really. You just need to keep away from him and when he taunts you, hit him with either something that disables him like Sub-Zero's freeze or Cyrax's net. Then go and smack him and then move away. You can also conversely use Liu Kang's low fireball and just stay at the maximum length of the screen spamming that move repeatedly. He'll go down either way. The easiest way I've found to beat him is to use Smoke and simply stay at the full screen distance. Whenever Shao Kahn runs his mouth simply use your teleport attack. Anytime he tries to spear you or throw the hammer, use the teleport attack. Do this with decent timing jumping away after each hit and you'll take him out no problem.

From beginner to medium it's about the same. I haven't tried it on the higher difficulties.

You can even whip him like the lama's ass with raiden, as you can teleport in and double teleport (ie go behind him and immediately go in front and deliver an uppercut....
 
You can even whip him like the lama's ass with raiden, as you can teleport in and double teleport (ie go behind him and immediately go in front and deliver an uppercut....

I did that a few times. I didn't try and make a habit of it, but I did it a few times. I took a slower easier method which meant he wouldn't get super cheap and hit me, starting a chain of spears, shoulder rams and hammer hits.
 
Llama[Style];1037164437 said:
Anyone still looking for the fight stick. Newegg just now got them in stock. I'm contemplating on picking it up and reselling the game as they were sold out everywhere I tried to get one.

360:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...330030&cm_sp=DailyDeal-_-74-330-030-_-Product

PS3:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...bat_tournament_edition-_-79-333-048-_-Product

Edit: just bit. Can't miss out on it a 2nd time :S

I would get that but I want to obtain two arcade controllers instead of one and PDP responded to my ticket inquiring about whether or not the intend to make the PS3 Fight Sticks available for retail and they said no. :( It really sucks that the Xbox 360 Fight Stick is the only one available for separate purchase. Looks like me and my roommates will be chipping in together for two SF TE controllers instead. :D
 
Llama[Style];1037164437 said:
Anyone still looking for the fight stick. Newegg just now got them in stock. I'm contemplating on picking it up and reselling the game as they were sold out everywhere I tried to get one.

360:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...330030&cm_sp=DailyDeal-_-74-330-030-_-Product

PS3:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...bat_tournament_edition-_-79-333-048-_-Product

Edit: just bit. Can't miss out on it a 2nd time :S


I have the PS3 one, it's so dang big I've ordered this to use with it:
416PMhnTyKL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
 
I would get that but I want to obtain two arcade controllers instead of one and PDP responded to my ticket inquiring about whether or not the intend to make the PS3 Fight Sticks available for retail and they said no. :( It really sucks that the Xbox 360 Fight Stick is the only one available for separate purchase. Looks like me and my roommates will be chipping in together for two SF TE controllers instead. :D

http://www.lizardlick.com/Toodles-ChimpSMD_p_584.html

If you are ok with wire work you can dual mod any 360 item into a PS3 item. ;)
 
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
"PS3 Mortal Kombat exclusive: Kratos. Xbox 360 Mortal Kombat exclusive: being online."
 
Who are the unlockable characters and how do I get them?

Currently there are only two unlockable characters. (Unless Kratos is locked on the PS3 version.) You have to complete chapter 13 of the story mode to unlock Cyber Sub-Zero and you must complete the entire story mode to unlock Quan-Chi.
 
Oh and all their additional fatalities and costumes (excluding one) are unlocked via the Krypt. The Flesh Pit Mileena costume is unlocked by beating all 300 challenges on the challenge tower.
 
Mileena would be totally doable with a Hannibal Lecter mask. :D
 
I'd clean her teeth with my tongue like a bird does to a crocodile. :p
 
the creator guy was talking about "a reward as awesome as the accomplishment of beating the tower deserves" or some shit.

i was thinking motaro or a new goro/kintaro monster with six heads and ten arms or something just as pwn. i kind of can't be arsed finishing it knowing thats all you get...
 
SHao khan deserves to have that used against him the way he plays :D I see a patch coming (though it is kind of like all the other mortal kombats...)
 
Last edited:
SHao khan deserves to have that used against him the way he plays :D I see a patch coming (though it is kind of like all the other mortal kombats...)

Well it was in the demo and wasn't fixed, we'll see.

I'm not a fan of patching something unless it's really broken, and this doesn't seem to be. IIRC 4 characters have parries. To activate this glitch you simply parry, and then crouch block right after, you'll parry the next hit automatically within the parameters of what you can parry, plus sweep.

So cyber sub zero, can wait for you to unfreeze from a parry and then freeze you again. That's stupid. His parry also has problems with lows.

Kang, gets good millage off it but he can't parry a low (outside of sweep which is only glitch parry) and the glitch resets if he is hit by a projectile.

Smoke, good millage but same issues as Kang.

Cage, gets a second x-ray ending the round and his parry counters more things.

So one person gets nothing, two people get a chance for some mix up games, and one person can end the match. All of this depends on the person not knowing their character match-ups, not learning when they get clocked with it the first time, or just blindly mashing buttons. Which are faults of the player.

I caught a friend with it once at our bi-weekly fighter gatherings and nobody fell for it after that, it was funny though "what the fuck was that".
 
Back
Top