• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Mortal Kombat (2011)

You sure do seem to be upset over a simple suggestion (one that you agree with to...) :rolleyes:

Upset? :D

I just think whinging and bitching over a 4 second (tops) animation is pitiful. Build a bridge.....get over it. Whilst crossing that bridge it may be helpful to search for the code to disable it. You'll probably save a whole 5 minutes of your life ;)

EDIT - if you wanna talk about wasting your time then please don't play MvC3. Rented it the other day, played 3 games, took disc out, put MK back in and posted MvC3 back. What a steaming pile of shit and an utter abomination. The only consolation was the few seconds of playing as Haggar in a 'SF' game. MK absolutely hammers that game IMO.
 
Last edited:
ill have to say the game is a blast to play. Even with the Dual shock 3. I had a reservation for the tournament edition but the clerk sold it to someone else (meh).

very very fun!
 
wasnt going to pick it up, but i bit on the 29.99 deal @ Toys R Us. Having more fun than i thought i would so far. HOpefully PSN gets back up this wknd so i can try it online. Using a HORI Real Arcade Pro 3 with sanwa buttons.
 
I still have my good custom stick with all japanese part . But i dont feel like playing with it on MK9.

I wonder what should be the button configuration to make it work well on MK9



 
Yeah the original MK movie was good. It had some pretty good one-liners and Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa did a great job as Shang Tsung.
 
First Mortal Kombat is the best game movie. Period.

Seriously. It's funny, the fight scenes are great, the dude playing Johnny Cage kills it. Lack of blood sort of sucked at first, but in the long run probably makes it a better, more watchable movie.
 
I personally never liked the D-pad on the Xbox360. Seemed whenever I wanted to hit left on the D-pad, I would go diagonal up every time. I'm sure Xbox360 users are use to it though.
 
I personally never liked the D-pad on the Xbox360. Seemed whenever I wanted to hit left on the D-pad, I would go diagonal up every time. I'm sure Xbox360 users are use to it though.

No it sucks. I had tons of trouble with it in Street Fighter IV and Super Street Fighter IV. However with Mortal Kombat it works fairly well.
 
So should I swap my 360 version for ps3? I guess nobody uses the 360 analog stick?

I do. Started with Street Fighter 4. Took a while to get used to but I'm much much better with it than the dpad on the 360. Though I can pick up the a ps3 controller and use the dpad just as well even though I have very little practice with it. I'm also better with the 360 stick than I am with the standard edition SF4 arcade stick but thats probably because its really light and I don't have it mounted and lack of experience.
 
So should I swap my 360 version for ps3? I guess nobody uses the 360 analog stick?

The advantage to having the PS3 version is you do get to play with Kratos (btw, bad ass fighter) and you get Kratos stage as well (stage fatality has 3 different choices of death, look it up on youtube). Of course you are going to have to wait a while for the PSN network to get all sorted out before you can play online.
 
That's all based on which you like better. Game is going to be the same either way.
 
Has anyone bought these Madcatz "Combat FightStick Top Panel or added Button Bundle" MK conversion kits for TE?

http://store.gameshark.com/listCategoriesAndProducts.asp?idCategory=328&numPerPage=50

PC61006BNDL.jpg


PC61006BNDL.01.jpg
 
$40?! Pretty damn cheap...

You just need that? It says "top panel", so I'm assuming you need to buy a bottom part or no?
 
I assume it means the joysticks are gutted. I want to be wrong but the description of "top panel" and the price of $40 just points in that direction (just a casing, the insides are missing).
 
I don't understand the crave of fighter sticks. I prefer using a controller.

Controllers suck. Controllers are just as bad for fighters as they are for FPS games. Yes noobs on either side will scream up and down that they work, but in the end they lack the percision and speed to compare. If you're using a controller for a fighters, well, it's as bad or worse than a controller for an FPS. And yes, I'm aware RARE execptions in both FPS and fighters manage to pull it off, but they are rare for a reason.

As for the replacement, it's nice madcatz has done this, but considering you could order custom replacement panels in plexi with the same layout for 20 bucks in any color you want from various venues since the TE came out.... I'm questioning the value of this.

And a bat top is a downground, get that shit the fuck out of here. Next thing you know they'll ask you to swap it with American parts. :rolleyes: If anything get a custom top and swap out the sanwa parts for seimetsu. Much more "springing" without falling into the "you have to punch it work" level of American junk so it's still smooth as silk. Also the sticks have a much smaller neutral and throw range, so you can hit double tap moves a ton quicker. Sei parts are geared for bullet hell shooters, and I don't advice using them outside of games that aren't like that or heavy on double taps, but they do work here.

The advantage to having the PS3 version is you do get to play with Kratos (btw, bad ass fighter) and you get Kratos stage as well (stage fatality has 3 different choices of death, look it up on youtube). Of course you are going to have to wait a while for the PSN network to get all sorted out before you can play online.

He's bottom tier and already banned in events. So anybody worth their snot online will just disconnect if you pick him, as he's completely invalid. Might be fun for single player, but I'd hardly call him an advantage, also, PSN is made of fail.
 
Last edited:
I don't understand the crave of fighter sticks. I prefer using a controller.

It's for us old timers who played in the arcades ;p
But really, I prefer the feel (better control overall) and the ability to align each finger to a button for quicker response.
 
It's for us old timers who played in the arcades ;p
But really, I prefer the feel (better control overall) and the ability to align each finger to a button for quicker response.

I was born in 84 so I guess I was near the console revolution I guess you can say.
 
$40 to turn a perfectly good Street Fighter fighting stick into an MK fighting stick, no deal, the SF layout works fine for me.
 
Patch is incoming wednesday to hopefully fix online issues, apparently. For 360 anyway, since PSN is still down.
 
It's for us old timers who played in the arcades ;p
But really, I prefer the feel (better control overall) and the ability to align each finger to a button for quicker response.

I'm probably classed as an old timer having played in the golden age of the arcades and I still prefer a pad when sat down.

Controllers suck. Controllers are just as bad for fighters as they are for FPS games. Yes noobs on either side will scream up and down that they work, but in the end they lack the percision and speed to compare. If you're using a controller for a fighters, well, it's as bad or worse than a controller for an FPS. And yes, I'm aware RARE execptions in both FPS and fighters manage to pull it off, but they are rare for a reason.

I think you can be just as effective with a pad too and altho I don't have a serious hard on for all things competitive/tournament I'm hardly a noob at fighting games either having played SF games for the best part of nearly twenty years......

Sitting down with one of those huge fuck off boxes on your lap = no thanks. However, stick all the way when stood up with the weight of a cab behind it tho.....

Patch is incoming wednesday to hopefully fix online issues, apparently. For 360 anyway, since PSN is still down.

PSN being down means you can't play online....it hasn't affected patches so I'd expect the PS3 to be at the same time.
 
Completed story mode, ladder mode on expert and I'm about 100/300 in the challenge tower and at this point all I want to do is take Kabal online, but alas, the PSN is still down. I'd get it for the X360 but I'd need a proper controller and my live account is currently silver, it would cost about £100 to get MK9 going on my Xbox 360. I'm guessing the PSN will come up around the same time NRS release the net code patch.
 
I actually think the issue with serious players sticking to sticks is because that's what the scene dictates. Up until pretty recently if you wanted to compete you HAD to play in an arcade, so that's where things have their roots. Inputs can be handled just as quickly via a pad vs. a joystick. I'd say the exception would be moreso in the ability to hit buttons than the d-pad. For instance if someone's trying to do E. Honda's slaps - a stick allows you to hit the buttons rapidly with 3 fingers twice quickly. Unless you're on a 6 button pad and playing with 3 fingers this is pretty much not going to happen on a pad.
It's really the buttons and ability to go from one to another rapidly that affects things more than the d-pad vs. a stick.
Not sure how things are now, but at one time the Tekken community had become pretty pad-friendly.
 
I actually think the issue with serious players sticking to sticks is because that's what the scene dictates. Up until pretty recently if you wanted to compete you HAD to play in an arcade, so that's where things have their roots. Inputs can be handled just as quickly via a pad vs. a joystick. I'd say the exception would be moreso in the ability to hit buttons than the d-pad. For instance if someone's trying to do E. Honda's slaps - a stick allows you to hit the buttons rapidly with 3 fingers twice quickly. Unless you're on a 6 button pad and playing with 3 fingers this is pretty much not going to happen on a pad.
It's really the buttons and ability to go from one to another rapidly that affects things more than the d-pad vs. a stick.
Not sure how things are now, but at one time the Tekken community had become pretty pad-friendly.

Pretty much this.

Broly, handicapped SF4 Tourney player.

I play with a stick because it's the most comfortable for me. It's not the input it's the player.
 
MK is very pad friendly as well, there's really no need for a stick unless you play a bunch of different fighters.
 
I actually think the issue with serious players sticking to sticks is because that's what the scene dictates. Up until pretty recently if you wanted to compete you HAD to play in an arcade, so that's where things have their roots. Inputs can be handled just as quickly via a pad vs. a joystick. I'd say the exception would be moreso in the ability to hit buttons than the d-pad. For instance if someone's trying to do E. Honda's slaps - a stick allows you to hit the buttons rapidly with 3 fingers twice quickly. Unless you're on a 6 button pad and playing with 3 fingers this is pretty much not going to happen on a pad.
It's really the buttons and ability to go from one to another rapidly that affects things more than the d-pad vs. a stick.
Not sure how things are now, but at one time the Tekken community had become pretty pad-friendly.

Can't remember what its called but I tend to use the "typer style" with the right hand on a pad in certain games. Which is basically putting the hand ontop of the buttons instead of gripped round like normal. It allows you to use 3 fingers on the buttons for easier combos etc. This wouldn't work so well in MK because you lose the shoulder buttons, but works well for games like soul calliber and (depending on which one) tekken. MK isn't so right hand heavy I tend to find however (you dont need as many dual button presses) so it's not really appropriate, and with the shoulder buttons you can effectively hover over 6 buttons at once (both sets of shoulder buttons, 2 under the thumb [tip and joint]) whereas with a stick your going to be on 3/4 (with bigger distances between).

D pad moves can usually be done quicker and more accurately, though "circle" moves are harder, things like left right or up down are easier, and take less distance. Of course pads have sticks too (not quite as accurate). I've never really gone for sticks outside of arcades, and the cost is prohibitive, especially when you can only use it for a small selection of games. I also play lots of local vs with sometimes 3 other people, it would cost too much and without similar hardware people would complain of "unfairness".

The only tournement i've ever seen or entered was a free for all elimination for soul blade, where everyone was using the original PSone pads without the sticks. (I didn't do so well, i'd never played the game before ever, didn't even know the buttons, and got drawn against the last tournements winner. Disturbingly, I almost won a round...)
 
Back
Top