• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Cyberpunk 2077

Well, I've tried so you don't have to. It doesn't work, it just keeps looping ad infinitum downloading mods. It took 24 hours to get to 2873, then guess what? The process re-started from 1 / 0% again. This is either a practical joke or the vortex mod manager is broken.
Last time I used vortex mod mgr, I was trying to get Skyrim VR going. It didn't work with a damn.
 
with the last few patches they keep saying it's going to be the last one but continue to release major new ones every few months...
 
Patch notes

https://www.cyberpunk.net/en/news/51674/update-2-3-patch-notes

UPDATE 2.3 PATCH NOTES​

2025-07-16
Update 2.3 lands tomorrow on PC, PlayStation 5, and Xbox Series X|S! The update will also be hitting Cyberpunk 2077: Ultimate Edition on Nintendo Switch 2 at a later date — stay tuned for more detes!

Experience Night City in a whole new way — this patch introduces 4 new vehicles, the AutoDrive feature, self-driving Delamain cabs and more! It also contains updates for CrystalCoat™ and Photo Mode, as well as support for AMD FSR 3.1 Frame Generation, Intel XeSS 2.0 and HDR10+ Gaming on PC, among others.

Update 2.3 also brings Cyberpunk 2077 to a whole new platform: Mac with Apple silicon! The game can be purchased via the Mac App Store and other PC storefronts. If you already own the game via GOG.com, Steam or the Epic Games Store, you can play it on your compatible device. To find out whether your Mac can run Cyberpunk 2077, please check the official requirements.

Read the list of changes for more info:

Vehicles

Added 4 new vehicles, including several Side Jobs tied to acquiring them:
  • Yaiba ARV-Q340 Semimaru
Reward from a new side job (to unlock, complete The Hunt and The Beast In Me).
An additional side job unlocks the CrystalCoat™ feature for it.
  • Rayfield Caliburn "Mordred"
Reward from a new side job (to unlock, complete The Beast in Me: Badlands, The Beast in Me: Santo Domingo, Transmission, and Search and Destroy).
  • Yaiba ASM-R250 Muramasa
Reward from a new side job (to unlock, purchase 1 Yaiba vehicle, purchase at least 3 vehicles through AUTOFIXER, and complete Reported Crime: You Play with Fire...).
If you fail the side job, the vehicle can later be purchased through AUTOFIXER.
  • Chevillon Legatus 450 Aquila
Available for purchase on AUTOFIXER.

  • Introducing AutoDrive! This cutting-edge, autonomous driving feature will take you to your chosen destination (i.e. job objective or placed pin on the map). If you have no set destination, it will take you on a leisurely ride through the streets of Night City. Simply hop in any of your vehicles, make sure you're on a road, and hold H (PC) / Left Stick (consoles) to activate. This feature is disabled when you enter combat or when your vehicle is heavily damaged.
  • Implemented Cinematic Camera for AutoDrive. Hold Q (PC) / D-Pad Right (consoles) to activate. Sit back and enjoy cinematic views of Night City as you cruise toward your destination.
  • Self-driving Delamain cabs are now available on demand! Simply open the menu to call vehicles, then select "Delamain Cab" from the list to request a ride. This feature unlocks after completing the job Don't Lose Your Mind (regardless of outcome) and receiving a message from Delamain.
  • Rayfield's CrystalCoat™ is now available for vehicles from partner brands, including motorcycles. Additionally, the infamous hacker known as Cosmetic_Troll exploited a vulnerability and created a cracked version of Rayfield's CrystalCoat™ technology for lower-end vehicles. Please note, however, that some models do not support the technology, such as heavily modded nomad vehicles and job-related vehicles.
  • Fixed an issue where unique color schemes did not work properly on the Mizutani Shion MZ1 and MZ2.
  • Fixed an issue where unique color scheme could not be applied properly to the Villefort Deleon "Vindicator".

Photo Mode
  • Added 27 new NPCs that can be spawned in Photo Mode, including Rita Wheeler, the Cassel twins, fixers, Dum Dum, the iguana, Brendan, and more.
  • You can now switch between alternative outfits for NPCs spawned in Photo Mode.
  • You can now switch between V's saved Wardrobe outfits in Photo Mode.
  • Added a confirmation pop-up when exiting Photo Mode to prevent accidental exits after setting up the perfect shot.
  • Added more customization options to the Look-At Camera feature, including an option for only the character's eyes to turn toward the camera instead of their entire body.
Added improvements to Lighting:
  • Lights now spawn around the camera instead of the player character.
  • Added an outline to the spotlight mesh and an indicator when it's off-screen for better visibility.
  • Improved light movement speed on controllers.
  • Added multiple new stickers and frames, including iconic quotes and stylish overlays that let you turn your screenshots into Night City postcards – perfect for sharing memories from the City of Dreams.
  • Improved Depth of Field and moved it to the Camera tab.
  • Added a new Color Balance tab, allowing you to create your own custom filters.
Added a new Time and Weather tab:
  • Weather: includes rain, acid rain, fog, sandstorm, pollution, and sunny.
  • Time of Day: changes the time of day within Photo Mode.
  • Frame Forward: advances through an unlimited number of frames to capture the perfect shot.
  • Game Speed: allows in-game time to progress while in Photo Mode.

Quality of Life & Accessibility
  • The game will now detect if the player is using inverted mouse button settings and automatically adjusts in-game button prompts accordingly.
  • Added an option to toggle aiming down sights in Settings → Controls.

Jobs & Open World
  • Cyberpsycho Sighting: Bloody Ritual - the "Crack the ritualist's shard" objective now properly disappears from the Journal after completing the objective.
  • Sex on Wheels - now properly appears in the Journal after receiving the message from Jake Estevez.
  • Shot by Both Sides - fixed an issue where selecting a specific dialogue option in the conversation with Bree created a nameless, iconless item in the player's Inventory.
  • Shot by Both Sides - fixed an issue where the button to go to the lower level didn't appear on the elevator panel.

Gameplay
  • Fixed an issue where, when using a controller in Trauma Drama, the controllable character would default to shooting upwards instead of forward.
  • Players can now drop more Cyberware Capacity Shards if some within the intended drop limit were previously missed.
  • Fixed an issue causing automatic weapons to fire slower than intended.
  • Fixed an issue where the Official BARGHEST Tac Vest didn't drop from the scripted Airdrop as intended.
  • The level 60 Engineer perk no longer activates the EMP blast outside of combat or after entering a vehicle.
  • Added an option to replay the gameplay tutorial at any time via Settings → Controls.

Miscellaneous
  • Added an option to tell Johnny to go away after you look at him for a short while when he appears in the passenger seat. He takes the hint and disappears as a passenger for a couple days.
  • Fixed an issue where the sound of V's Radioport could be randomly interrupted by the Radioports of nearby NPCs.
  • Fixed an issue where History by Gazelle Twin and Trash Generation played too loudly compared to other songs on the radio.
  • Improved the HDR Setting screen: fixed the HDR calibration preview so it correctly reflects the chosen settings, and clarified the description of the "Tone-Mapping Midpoint" setting.
  • Updated the End User Licence Agreement. You will be asked to accept it again when you load the game after updating.
  • Fixed several visual issues with missing, clipping, or floating textures.
  • Fixed several localization issues in various languages.

PC-specific
  • Added support for AMD FidelityFX Super Resolution 4 for compatible AMD GPUs. IMPORTANT: The FSR 4 option will not be available in the in-game settings until the supporting AMD driver is installed. Please note that the driver will be released at a later date.
  • Added support for AMD FidelityFX Super Resolution Frame Generation 3.1 for compatible hardware. It can now be used in combination with any upscaler.
  • Added support for Intel XeSS 2.0, with XeSS Frame Generation available on compatible hardware.
  • Added support for HDR10+ GAMING certified Intel GPUs. To enable this feature, your display must support the technology (Find My Display) and have "Game Mode" enabled. The HDR10+ GAMING toggle can be found in Settings in the Video tab.
  • Fixed an issue where the DLSS Super Resolution Preset would invisibly revert from the CNN model to the Transformer model after restarting the game, even though the UI still displayed the CNN model as active.
  • Added more detailed information to the DLSS Super Resolution Preset tooltip in Settings to help players choose the best option for their setup.
  • Added the ability to move the mouse cursor to a different display while in Windowed Borderless mode.
  • Increased the maximum save size from 12 MB to 15 MB.
  • It will now be possible to rebind the key used to jump out of vehicles with the Stuntjock perk.

Console-specific
  • Added VRR (Variable Refresh Rate) support for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S.
  • Fixed an issue where foliage was not properly affected by weather conditions on PlayStation 5.
 
I'll probably hop back in this weekend and check it out. I played through a year after it came out, never played the expansion. I might do a melee style play through since I was basically all hacking the last time.
 
I'll probably hop back in this weekend and check it out. I played through a year after it came out, never played the expansion. I might do a melee style play through since I was basically all hacking the last time.
Katana builds are some of the most fun OP builds in this game.

Katana + throwing knives is fun.. don't even need hacking.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Decko
like this
Katana builds are some of the most fun OP builds in this game.

Katana + throwing knives is fun.. don't even need hacking.
Yeah I kind of regretted not being able to chop someone's head off my whole play through. I didn't have my OLED last time so this should be fun, biggest upgrade I've gotten in the last 5 years or so. To be fair, making people vomit violently and then gunning them down or hacking them and making their heads explode is also fun.
 
Yeah I kind of regretted not being able to chop someone's head off my whole play through. I didn't have my OLED last time so this should be fun, biggest upgrade I've gotten in the last 5 years or so. To be fair, making people vomit violently and then gunning them down or hacking them and making their heads explode is also fun.
I might try a katana build. Trying to decide what to do for a second run-through with Phantom Liberty. I wanted to do a grenadier/explosives crazy build, but they totally nerfed grenades. In the original version grenades were ammo, buy or build as many as you want. Now grenades have a cooldown timer, so they're unsuitable as a primary weapon. Being stuck in consolitis mode kinda messes with my plan to do a build focused on grenades and weapons with explosive ammo.
 
I might try a katana build. Trying to decide what to do for a second run-through with Phantom Liberty. I wanted to do a grenadier/explosives crazy build, but they totally nerfed grenades. In the original version grenades were ammo, buy or build as many as you want. Now grenades have a cooldown timer, so they're unsuitable as a primary weapon. Being stuck in consolitis mode kinda messes with my plan to do a build focused on grenades and weapons with explosive ammo.

Katana builds are extremely fun once they start coming online. It takes a little bit - like after the heist it was getting to be... vaguely plausible. Before that, it was useless. By the time I hit Phantom Liberty it was starting to be quite good.

Then you just hit like an exponential curve around there and become absolutely ridiculous.

You're sooo fast and have sooo much mobility. That's my favorite part of the build. You can bunny hop basically at the speed of cars on the highway if you time it right, and your jumps start clearing like 100 feet per hop.

You're just flying all over the place all the time. My katana run was awesome.
 
Just bought this game at the Steam Summer Sale, but I just built a new PC with a 5080 so there are no major changes in this patch for me I guess. A Katana build sounds fun, but I am just finishing The Witcher 3 plus both DLC's now (nearing the end of Blood And Wine), and I feel I have gutted enough people for a while, so perhaps something more gun focussed could be good?
 
Just bought this game at the Steam Summer Sale, but I just built a new PC with a 5080 so there are no major changes in this patch for me I guess. A Katana build sounds fun, but I am just finishing The Witcher 3 plus both DLC's now (nearing the end of Blood And Wine), and I feel I have gutted enough people for a while, so perhaps something more gun focussed could be good?
Personally, I enjoyed pistol builds. I'm not a very skilled first person shooter type, but I found it quite easy to get a lot of head shots once the build gets going. I also carried a sniper rifle for certain situations.

I played around with the assault rifles and SMGs, and the spread of hits just got annoying.

I tried melee, but for me the pistols were my favorite.
 
Looks like this is now live. As far as photo mode goes, I don't think I've ever used it in any game, ever. I never understood the point, but hey, some people are apparently all about it.
 
I did mainly assault rifle and sniper rifle with some hacking. I didn't pay any particular attention to my build and still really enjoyed the game.
 
Blades, baseball bats/clubs, 'nades, boom sticks and sniper rifles for me.
Short, medium and long range, all covered as usual.
 
As far as photo mode goes, I don't think I've ever used it in any game, ever. I never understood the point, but hey, some people are apparently all about it.
Same point as taking a photo in real life? You find something aesthetically pleasing and want to capture it. Then look back at it later and relive the memory.

Or... Wallpaper.
 
Doesn't look like there's a way to enable FSR 4 yet because AMD needs to update their drivers. Guess I'll check back in a few days.
 
This game…

Obviously The Witcher 3 was hugely popular… but for me this one’s a masterpiece. And CDPR just keeps chipping away at it.
I bought The Witcher 3 in 2015. But after starting it twice and just playing for like 20 minutes before continuing other games, I really did a proper restart last autumn and have been obsessed by it since. It is really one of the absolute best games I've ever played in my 45 year gaming career, with some of the most memorable side quests and story lines.
Nexgen looks fantastic as well!
So hearing that CP2077 may even be better is great. Only thing is that I may need a break from these kind of open world RPG games after spending 200+ hours in Witcher 3 and expansions, so may postpone starting CP2077 for a while to cleanse my gaming pallet.
 
Honest question, who is actually still playing CP2077 and why?
 
Honest question, who is actually still playing CP2077 and why?

I played through it when it first came out and am about to go back through it with all of the new updates, DLC, graphical advances, etc. It isn't quite a "whole new game" like some have claimed, but it is pretty different. The powers, weapons, abilities, etc. have all been rebalanced. Like Windows 10 to 11.
 
Honest question, who is actually still playing CP2077 and why?
I have played through the game multiple times. It's a game I actually enjoy screwing around in. Just driving around and shooting people, etc. Also, I've run a crap ton of mods with the game which always extends my enjoyment of a game.
 
Honest question, who is actually still playing CP2077 and why?
That seems like an odd question coming from a guy who still plays Doom occasionally. :D (Not knocking it, I dust the ol' girl off every now and then too in order to revisit the game that essentially got me into PC gaming for life. Plus it's fun to experience it again with the endless mods such as Brutal Doom and the ray tracing mod).

Now - I'm not suggesting that CP2077 shares the same status as Doom, one of THE most iconic video games of all time. But for some people, CP2077 is up there in the list of best games they've ever played (particularly after it was fixed), so it doesn't seem that odd to me that people would still be playing it. Lots of people still play GTA5, and that's a much older game than CP2077. Hell, I'm currently working through System Shock 2 remastered and the OG was released in 1999. The new one isn't radically different, either - it's just touched up and was made to run amazingly well and stably on modern systems. Great games don't necessarily become less great over time, particularly when compared with a lot of the modern slop that has been foisted upon us throughout recent years. There are still lots of great games being made of course, but I have noticed a lot of folks lately talk about going back and playing games from the X360/PS3 days (for example) because that was a time when the industry was much more open to being experimental and not so focused on monetization, risk aversion, and endless sequels.
 
I played through it when it first came out and am about to go back through it with all of the new updates, DLC, graphical advances, etc. It isn't quite a "whole new game" like some have claimed, but it is pretty different. The powers, weapons, abilities, etc. have all been rebalanced. Like Windows 10 to 11.
Same here. Beat it the first month it was out. Now I’m playing it again as the ‘Final version’, also I didn’t have OLED or a 5090 when I first played it.

As far as it being a whole new game I call BS on that, but I thought it was fine at launch so I may be the minority there.
 
Honest question, who is actually still playing CP2077 and why?
I started playing through it again awhile back because they completely revamped the skill system and stuff since I played it near release. Plus with the release on Switch 2 there is renewed interest, I guess.

I also never played Phantom Liberty, so I was going to try that as well.
 
Honest question, who is actually still playing CP2077 and why?
I just reinstalled it a few weeks ago (before I heard about the 2.3 update). I've probably started it half a dozen times but never got too far in before life got in the way or I got distracted by modding it then broke it and didn't have the patience to fix it. This time I will finish it. I've kept my mods to a minimum and everything is working beautifully. That being said, I probably won't be downloading the update any time soon.
 
Back
Top