• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Cyberpunk 2077

Ditto. I haven't even added any upgrades to my character's speed because it feels fast enough. Maybe something is wrong with his game.
He's got to have some option configured weird or something. I've played through the game several times and never experienced anything unusual with the controls or character / walk run speed. Yeah, he walks slow but every game has a super slow walk speed which is why I sprint everywhere. I usually even have sprint toggled on at all times.
 
I believe there is a slow walk (npc wander speed), normal walk and sprint. I wonder if he's stuck on slow walk IIRC.
 
I've played on my main system (currently 13600K + 5080) and laptop (7945HX3D + mobile 4080). I verified files on the main system this AM, no change. Only mods are Cyber Engine Tweaks and Skip Main to get rid of the non-skippable splash screens. I've spent more time so far trying to get CP2077 playable than I have playing the game. Is this a Bethesda game?

I'm apparently not the only one who noticed this, and it seems to have been intentional after an update.

Just to be sure, this weekend I'll do a delete/reinstall.

Edit: Found movement speed stat.

Speed.png


Edit 2: Finally found the Unified Movement mod that puts the speed settings into init.lua where they can be edited. Apparently default speed is supposed to be 3.5 and default "walk" is 1.5. I set them to 4 and 2.2, because apparently 2.2 is pretty fucking slow.
 
Last edited:
So, finally upgraded from my 3070 to a 4070 Super.... "It's time."

- Question, I recently bought a new monitor that is HDR10. Is that "grade" of HDR even worth turning on?? (If so, what should I pick, PQ or sRGB... and do I just leave the other settings at default?)
 
So, finally upgraded from my 3070 to a 4070 Super.... "It's time."

- Question, I recently bought a new monitor that is HDR10. Is that "grade" of HDR even worth turning on?? (If so, what should I pick, PQ or sRGB... and do I just leave the other settings at default?)
HDR10 is the basica/standard HDR format.

Only a select few monitors at this point, support more advanced HDR standards such as Dolby Vision or HDR10+.


The "grade" of HDR would be more like "HDR400" or HDR Black 400, etc.
 
So, finally upgraded from my 3070 to a 4070 Super.... "It's time."

- Question, I recently bought a new monitor that is HDR10. Is that "grade" of HDR even worth turning on?? (If so, what should I pick, PQ or sRGB... and do I just leave the other settings at default?)
HDR10 is static metadata for HDR, it depends on if the monitor has a local dimming feature if its an LCD panel or OLED. If it does have local dimming (like at least a couple hundred dimming zones) or if it's OLED, turn it on.
 
So for kicks, before bed last night, I decided to try PT @ 1080p DLSS Quality with Framegen....

Rock-solid 120hz, zero dips.

.... I'm pretty sure my jaw hit the floor.

- I should've bought this 4070 Super a year ago
Do you actually need framegen though? It runs fine on a 5070 ti with PT and DLSS TF quality (mostly 60-70 fps with some areas a bit below 60). Make sure to enable reflex though, if you haven't already, as it has a massive impact on input lag.

Framegen is a tradeoff to me as it makes the game smoother, but at the same time it has a bit of impact on image quality. Personally I'm leaning towards turning down some settings instead of using framegen.
 
Do you actually need framegen though? It runs fine on a 5070 ti with PT and DLSS TF quality (mostly 60-70 fps with some areas a bit below 60). Make sure to enable reflex though, if you haven't already, as it has a massive impact on input lag.

Framegen is a tradeoff to me as it makes the game smoother, but at the same time it has a bit of impact on image quality. Personally I'm leaning towards turning down some settings instead of using framegen.

Reflex is def enabled, for obvious reasons
 
I got a new display over the weekend and as is probably the case for us all, new HW sometimes encourages us to go back and kick the tires on something we haven't played in a while to see what the experience is like, so I fired up CP2077 to wander around Night City and its outskirts for a spell and do a few of the NCPD mini fights I hadn't gotten to.

I've got to way, what a visually immersive world. It's really stunning how every alley, every room--the ones that are accessible anyway--is so detailed. The posters and flyers, the trash. All of it looks good, feels like it belongs, and adds a little bit to the atmosphere.
 
I got a new display over the weekend and as is probably the case for us all, new HW sometimes encourages us to go back and kick the tires on something we haven't played in a while to see what the experience is like, so I fired up CP2077 to wander around Night City and its outskirts for a spell and do a few of the NCPD mini fights I hadn't gotten to.

I've got to way, what a visually immersive world. It's really stunning how every alley, every room--the ones that are accessible anyway--is so detailed. The posters and flyers, the trash. All of it looks good, feels like it belongs, and adds a little bit to the atmosphere.

Yeah I upped my monitor game as well a week ago from a 27" 1080P G-Sync to a 32" curved 1080P G-Sync and Cyberpunk especially has a certain "Wow" factor to it with the curved screen that I didn't expect (y)
 
Now that I have a few mods to negate some of the bad design decisions, I'm really enjoying it. 50+ hours, max street cred, and just hit lvl 40.
 
I got a new display over the weekend and as is probably the case for us all, new HW sometimes encourages us to go back and kick the tires on something we haven't played in a while to see what the experience is like, so I fired up CP2077 to wander around Night City and its outskirts for a spell and do a few of the NCPD mini fights I hadn't gotten to.

I've got to way, what a visually immersive world. It's really stunning how every alley, every room--the ones that are accessible anyway--is so detailed. The posters and flyers, the trash. All of it looks good, feels like it belongs, and adds a little bit to the atmosphere.
I wish I could get into it as I love immersive worlds like Fallout. Basic function in the game was so bad. Couldn't figure out what keys to use to do basic functions like when you needed to operate on yourself or whatever? I spent more time trying to figure what to do or what button to press rather than enjoying the game. It was the most unintuitive game I've played. Damn feels like I'm missing out.
 
Cp2077 is still the best game I have ever played. And I started with Half-Life 1, System Shock 2, Amnesia the Dark Descent, Crysis, Quake, Doom, Fallout 1,2,3,nv,4, lots of other good games that were favorites for awhile, like Aliens vs Predator 2, No One Lives Forever 1/2, Jedi Knight II, others.

You'll be playing it and even after a month in (I did make sure to do all side quests), you would come across something that makes you go "holy shit!" or "omg this game is so fucked up..." immediately followed by "omg this game is so good". I'll admit I hadn't been following the game much when it came out, so I didn't go in with any expectations. It had it's fair share of bugs. But now, completely solid. With the expansion basically free now (you can usually find the ultimate version for $40 to 50 which is a bargain), there's 0 reason not to get the game.

To your point, I did have to fiddle with my keybindings multiple times, even manually edited the file for 1 specific setting early on when game was brand new. (I don't use the standard wasd). It has improved now. Many keys will be dual purposed, with a tap performing one function, press and hold to perform something else. Like summoning a vehicle. Tap, your last used vehicle is summoned. Press and hold, you get the vehicle selection screen to scroll thru your list to pick one.

If you have yet to play cp2077, I cannot recommend it enough. Don't rush your playthru. Go exploring. Do side quests as they come up. I'm on playthru 2.5 or so, 800 hours in game. When I first played it, I was on a 2080ti and a g-sync 100hz LCD. Even at 35fps it felt perfect. Be sure to use adaptive sync.
 
I wish I could get into it as I love immersive worlds like Fallout. Basic function in the game was so bad. Couldn't figure out what keys to use to do basic functions like when you needed to operate on yourself or whatever? I spent more time trying to figure what to do or what button to press rather than enjoying the game. It was the most unintuitive game I've played. Damn feels like I'm missing out.
I'm not sure whether you're a keyboard or controller player, but as a keyboard player there were a few keybindings I needed to tweak to become familiar with (mainly the scanner & quickhacks) but most of the rest was fairly typical FPS controls - WASD, run, jump etc. What the game hasn't been good at (in my experience) is selecting from a list via scroll wheel.

What has not improved (at all, as far as I can tell) are the vehicles. Each time I get in a vehicle I dread the inevitable mowing down of pedestrians due to terrible vehicle control behavior, which leads to the inevitable NCPD chase.
 
No one is commenting on Patch 2.3 coming out July 26th??

Of course right after I invest a GRIP of money on a "new" Nvidia card for FrameGen, dollars to donuts says they will finally implement FSR 3.1 - which will benefit a sh*t-ton of players!

Oh well, glad they are still supporting the game!
 
Did not expect that

At least this time I can brace myself knowing that I'll probably be sad for the subsequent week following watching
 
Back
Top