• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Venice rumors here please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if I keep adding a couple of things more to the first post Ill have longest post as well. I mean I tried to read the summary and its becoming large enough to be confusing :p
 
true enough :(

i just had a look at newegg's sire. they bumped the price of the clawhammer 4000+ up $100 like monarch did. i don't understand.
or maybe they're dropping the price of the retail that much? :confused:
 
I just put in my pre-order for the 3800+ over at Monarch. Now, I can just sit here, pour myself a Bloody Mary and uhh.............watch the paint peel. Whoa! There goes a flake! :rolleyes: ;)

I've been patient. I've been researching everything from MoBo's to harddrives for well over a year and a half now in the hopes of putting together a new system. It's official! I just made the first purchase for it! :) (it's the little things)
 
Has anyone noticed that the San Diego has a TDP of 89w compared to the Venice which is 67w?

I wonder why the extra 512k would make it that much hotter if it is on the same process.
 
where's this 89w you speak of? i have seen no confirmation from amd as to what the TDP will really be.

(and cache puts out very little heat)
 
i was gonna say.... they intitially just copied the 130nm specs over. i highly doubt that the tdp will be anything over 67w for the time being, but i have no specs from amd to know one way or the other.
 
lol i sent them an email a couple days ago correcting the stats on the 3700 but wasnt sure on the tdp so i left it the same...the stats they have on their site are identical to the ones i emailed them
 
cell_491 said:
lol i sent them an email a couple days ago correcting the stats on the 3700 but wasnt sure on the tdp so i left it the same...the stats they have on their site are identical to the ones i emailed them
Hmm... Maybe they should put you on their payroll ;)
 
maybe you should email them to say that it's 67w, because it probably is :)
i'll email amd and see what they have to say about TDP... and for some info on newark.
 
17 days 'till May 6th, give or take a day. Over a month from launch. :mad:

Lesson to take home for some of us: Buy CPU first. All other components are almost always readily available, asides from occasionally video cards, but gpu cores don't change nearly as often as cpu cores do.



 
indeed :D
but if you search amd's website for "venice", the only thing that turns up is an old turion document with venice in it's roadmap
"san diego" just gives the location of various company's HQ ;)
 
ash, i was just looking at your sig. how far can you get at 1.5-2-2-0?

(totally o/t, but whatever)
 
Question: Do you think I should get the Venice 3500 or the San Diego 3700? I am planning to OC to about 2.5Ghz.
 
most winchesters can do 2.5ghz.

get the 3700+. the extra cache willgive you more return at the same clockspeeds.
 
With Venice and San Diego, you should be able to OC even higher than 2.5 to around 2.7. The San Diego (1MB cache) is the better choice though, because with the same speed it will to better than a Venice or Winchester chip.
 
crypt1c.0 said:
Question: Do you think I should get the Venice 3500 or the San Diego 3700? I am planning to OC to about 2.5Ghz.

If you get the San Diego 3700+ and OC to 2.5, you basically got yourself a little faster than a 4000+, which is what I'm going to shoot for. :D
 
(cf)Eclipse said:
ash, i was just looking at your sig. how far can you get at 1.5-2-2-0?

(totally o/t, but whatever)

I tested it at 1.5 but it wasn't entirely stable & didn't test as creating any improvement so I put it back to 2 pretty fast. Was working with it at 250MHz.
 
crypt1c.0 said:
Yeah, I know it could OC above 2.5, but I want to try and not up the core voltage if possible.

Um, why? As long as you don't go too high and have decent cooling, why not?

Anyway Venice can potentially do quite good on stock voltage...
 
Well to keep this thread slightly on topic, or at least in the vincinity of anything remotly Venice or San Diego...

Tomorrow is the 21st and tzhe NDA are supposed to expire (if I got it right) on the Opteron DCs. Those beasts looks crazy!
 
Okay well since dualcore athlons are supposed to be announced tomarow wtf do i do? i have no idea how long tlil market but.. damn... i havn't even gotten my venice yet
 
i still have s754, so none of those for me ;)
(though i am taking steps to trying to get a newark.. it'll probably take a month or so :()
 
man, its not like 939 boards are expensive ;)

a neo2 can be had for a little over a bill. (under if you go the FS/FT route)
 
Rasha said:
Okay well since dualcore athlons are supposed to be announced tomarow wtf do i do? i have no idea how long tlil market but.. damn... i havn't even gotten my venice yet

i pray this will drop the price of the damn venice. I'm so broke right now :(
 
CaptRingold said:
17 days 'till May 6th, give or take a day. Over a month from launch. :mad:

Lesson to take home for some of us: Buy CPU first. All other components are almost always readily available, asides from occasionally video cards, but gpu cores don't change nearly as often as cpu cores do.





i totally agree... if i had known that it was going to take this long, i wouldnt have bought the motherboard, the ram, or any other component that i didnt need in my sig... waste, because cant make use of the parts and prices are dropping as time goes by... if i look for deals on the parts i have right now, i would be saving quite a lot of money
 
defently learned my lesson... but that being said... if by the 22nd newegg isn't selling venice im going to monarch if they still have nay left
 
Monarch just moved the shipping for the 3800+ Venice to April 29th. The 3700+ San Diego is still May 6th.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top