Venice rumors here please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frallan

Gawd
Sightings of the 3800+ in Germany and in GBR.

www.oc-wear.de
www.overclockers.co.uk

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ohhh S[-]it!!! I take one extra day off from sitting here and when I come back i have 10 pages to sort through… Well its Monday and no posts or online stores saying that its shipping.

Prices & dates
From Monarch (Thx Lestang)

AMD Athlon 64 3700+ 1MB 90nm Rev. E (ADA3700DAA5BN) (939) Shipping Starts (May 6th)
Code: 120207
Price: $334.00
Quantity in Basket: none
FREE SHIPPING
Now Taking Preorders on a First-Come, First-Serve Basis
Shipping Starts May 6th

AMD Athlon 64 3500+ 512K 90nm Rev. E (ADA3500DAA4BP) (939) Shipping Starts (May 6th)
Code: 120206
Price: $272.00
FREE SHIPPING
Shipping Starts May 6th

AMD Athlon 64 3800+ 512K 90nm Rev. E (ADA3800BPBOX) (939) (Retail Box-w-Fan)Shipping Starts(May 2nd)
Code: 120274
Price: $389.00
Shipping Starts May 2nd

AMD Athlon 64 3800+ 512K 90nm Rev. E (ADA3800DAA4BP) (939) Shipping Starts (April 22th)
Code: 120208
Price: $379.00
FREE SHIPPING
Shipping Starts April 22th

AMD Athlon 64 4000+ 1MB 90nm Rev. E (ADA4000BNBOX) (939) Shipping Starts (May 2nd)
Code: 120262
Price: $540.00
Shipping Starts May 2nd

AMD Athlon 64 4000+ 1MB 90nm Rev. E (ADA4000DAA5BN) (939) Shipping Starts (April 22th)
Code: 120209
Price: $549.00
FREE SHIPPING
Shipping Starts April 22th

Nothing on Newegg yet and nothing in Germany either.

Reviews & A64 Steppings

Word to cfEclipse for everything under this header :D

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums...ead.php?t=58907
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums...ead.php?t=57291
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums...ead.php?t=54973
http://www.pcper.com/article.php?aid=127
http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/cp...n64-venice.html

s754
APBOX = rev C0 clawhammer
ARBOX = CG clawhammer
AWBOX = CG newcastle

s939
ASBOX = CG clawhammer
AXBOX = CG newcastle
BIBOX = D0 winchester
BPBOX = E3 venice
BNBOX = E4 san diego

6th of April: And all would be well if it wen't for the missing cores

In Europe we have no prices any more since the links are down.

5th of April: Its 12 o'clock - Do U know where your ch.. Cores are?
Price update: Ncix have them for pre-order 3800+@426USD & 3500+@329USD.
In europe its still 570€ for the 3800+

So ok its the 4th of (July) April and the Venice should be out there

So ppl when U spot a price on these babies pls post it so we can get a handle on availebility and price gauging.

The Release date rumor is the 4th of April!

Price indication 3800+ Europe: 570€ (=740USD)

*UPDATE 26/3*
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=57291
Now doing over 2.8 GHz on Stock voltage

*UPDATE 23/3* Its out there in the wild look at this :D

Well I wish I had anything to start of with except to say that Venice is the new A64 s939 core with SSE3 and made on strained SOI..

But Id like anyone with info to post on ETA, variations (clockings), PR numbers and so on...

*UPDATE 11/3* The Inq has the scoope again - Sadly I was wrong, It wont happen on CeBit according to diffrent sources that was posted here by Tytanium, it will happen on the 4 of April. So I guess AMD didn't want to release Mobiles CPU and Desktop CPUs at the same time... Well so far Im happy with my 3500+ (winnie) so I wont be in the test crew for the venices anyway like I thought i would.

*UPDATE 8/3* Fudu (The Inq) has seen one
Id like to have a second on it but lookie here
http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=21646
its a locked 4200+ @ 2600MHz with SSE3 so if it uses unregistered RAM we have a winner.
*UPDATE 3/3* Seen in the wild http://www.stegpc.com/details.asp?prodid=amd-64-35v
[EDIT] And Yes this is a try to consolidate all the Venice threads into one place where it'll be easier to keep track of. And Ill B updating this post with the destilled info in the thread[/EDIT]

And we have a new winner in the stupidest post of the thread:

Its from Lazn_work... Who thinks there is a reason to explain the name Venice :rolleyes:

*FLASH UPDATE*
The Opteron with the 0.9 "Venice" core was released today (the 14th of Feb.) so hopefully AMD will release the new A-64:s as well but Ive just had a look into the Calendar here in Germany and realised that CEBIT is in less then a month. My money is on a release there.
/END FLASH/

SUMMARY

ETA: Late Jan - Mid Feb ((cf)Eclipse), Feb-March (AthlonXP source "maximum pc")

DryFire said:
According to amd's road map it shoudl be out in this half. I've heard it will be out in limited quantities come may. Def. availability in teh second half of this year though.
(Blame DryFire for this rumor :D)

Enhancements: Improved Mem controler, SSE3, 24% higher max clocking but at expence of power consumption (means U'll need some good cooling). ((cf)Eclipse)

Guesses at clock ranges: 3800+ (@2.4GHz) and upwards.((cf)Eclipse) 4200+@2600 Fudu at TheInq

Cache: Venice 512 Kb (XXXX+ replacement) San Diego 1Mb (FX-replacement) ((cf)Eclipse)

i guess this is an attempt to condense the billion threads on it into one right here?
sounds like a plan.

what i think i know:
sse3 (obviously)
improved memory controller (as stated by amd)
24% power reduction

predictions:
from the power reduction, it is assumed that venice will have strained SOI (not sure where you go the super from ;) )
far greater oc'ability, esp after a few months have passed

eta? your best guess is as good as mine, but i'm hoping for late jan (we're kinda there already though) to mid feb.
as far as the speeds, i don't think they'll add to the confusion by mixing winchester and venice (which might be why we only have up to 2.2ghz 90nm's right now) so i guess they'll start with a 2.4ghz 3800+ and work up from there.

Strained SOI wafers (Inquirer)
btw don't quote Eclipse, super-saiyans are foolish. ;)

agreed, i go by a very hopeful mindset ;)

(mostly about the date though, i firmly believe the rest is right)

I can't wait for Venice to come out. All I am waiting for is Venice, DFI nForce 4 Ultra, and maybe an x800xl and I will build my computer. Hopefully all three will come out and within a month of release prices will go down, otherwise I will have to wait in order to stay under my budget. :D

I am getting impatient, I really really want Venice to come out within the next week or two. I am getting a nice sum of money and I think it is time to upgrade. If I get antsy I may build a 3500+ now and sell that processor later when the venice come out and pay the difference.

Dude venician cpu's kick so much ass! I haven't seen 1 yet that couldn't oc past 3ghz!

haha... right :rolleyes:

on a more related topic... i found this. not sure how correct it is, but at least now i know that venice has 512kb and san diego has 1mb dunno where the palermo fits in though. maybe the sempron? but that doesn't make sense either. however, that leaves venice for regular a64 and san diego for a64-fx

http://endian.net/roadmap_timeline.asp?MapNo=2

on a side note, see that the 90nm mobile's should be out in the first quarter, and it actually says socket 754 with 1mb of cache. this makes me happy.

edit: just looked at amd's roadmap[/url
venice looks to replace winchester/newcastle. i read somewhere it has 512kb of cache (anandtech i think)
san diego will by the fx with 1mb
palermo will be sempron (maybe 256kb of cache? i dunno. maybe they'll finally add those damn 64bit instructions to it though)

I'm hoping they release some lower end venice cores as i don't want to pay for a 3800+ to get a good oc'er.

and cause more confusion by having 3 different cores at the same speed? i think not. i heard some time back that the first venice would be a 4000+. the seems unlikely now, but quite possible (it would mean 2.6ghz 512kb..) this is why i'm guessing a 3800+ will be first. i doubt they'll overlap with winchesters though.

7718 said:
Dude venician cpu's kick so much ass! I haven't seen 1 yet that couldn't oc past 3ghz!

Right and I haven't seen one that was better then an Athlon XP 2000+

(now that could be since I havn't seen any at all - have U?? :D)

i thought he wanted rumors! How about wild speculation? I thought venice was just winchester with a 2nd generation mem controller, which is only better for integrated graphics (yawn). You would assume that it will oc better because it is a newer stepping, and that would be nice but its not FOR SURE.

Well the reported/rumored lower power consumption does lead to assumptions to better oc'ing. Besides, isn't this revision basically for SSE3? And the improved memory controller is just icing on the cake.

So basically, if it really does eat less and/or work faster, then it's a great revision. But if it does both and oc's like a champ then it's just gravy :D

7718 said:
i thought he wanted rumors! How about wild speculation? I thought venice was just winchester with a 2nd generation mem controller, which is only better for integrated graphics (yawn). You would assume that it will oc better because it is a newer stepping, and that would be nice but its not FOR SURE.
the fact that amd is actualyl calling it something different signifies some important changes other than the memory controller. remember the difference between the C0 and CG clawhammers? they were both called clawhammers. this is a big step forward rather than just a revision of the core, hence the rename

Wait a second, they're not making the Venice core in 3000+ and 3200+ flavours? If not then screw the waiting! :rolleyes:

amd.JPG

and too bad it didn't include the san diego, the chip venice will probably be derived from if part of it's cache is there, but doesn't work.

7718 said:
How about wild speculation? I thought venice was just winchester with a 2nd generation mem controller, which is only better for integrated graphics (yawn).

I've read that the new memory controller will allow double sided DIMMS in all slots running at DDR-400. If true, that would benefit anyone using all the memory slots. Not just those with integrated graphics.

its from maximum pc, I got it and bascically will be the last big change in the chip until the dual cores come out later this year so right now Feb,/Mar should be when these come out and Sept/oct for the dual cores.

So Im gonne keep this thingy alive until I see smoe relevant info... (Like an AT review or so :D)

next relevant thing you'll probably see will be a press release on the venice core... i'm starting to get a bit impatient myself. :D

Newer articles/roadmaps sees Venice sampling in H1 '05, and actually show up on H2 :(

Sorry, I don't recall where, I surely hope that it's not the case...

Decelerate said:
Newer articles/roadmaps sees Venice sampling in H1 '05, and actually show up on H2 :(

Sorry, I don't recall where, I surely hope that it's not the case...

Q2 is what I've seen. Eh, I won't wait if its not out by middle march.

Pls see if U can find the links for this info.. Id like to see it my self and once we have it maybe we can ask some ppl in the know.

Did some proddin' but can't seem to find it. It was maybe off a site I usually never go to. I visit dozens of tech sites daily/weekly, in both French and English. Can we actually perform a search on the history?

The good news is (if it's good actually) is that the roadmap didn't look like the November '04 one (as in, graphically) which is technically the official one.

If I ever stumble on it again, I'll link it.

all of the roadmaps i've seen have shown that venice is coming out in the 1st half of this year and not the 1st quarter. This actually makes sense since as first they have to market it with reviews and what not and then they have to get them into production and into retail/oem channells.

Id say venice core late march to mid april. Not really worried about it though im waiting for the Windsor anyways ;)

I have a feeling we'll see some price gouging when teh venice core comes out at first as price gouging seems to be the name of the game.

Guess my newcastle will have last untill the summer. Hopefully by then we'll have some new pci-e cards and mobos.

Well in my opinion the venice core looks to be worth the wait up to summer. If all pans out well id should be a very good step in the right direction for AMD thats for sure. I really cant see why somebody wouldnt be patient enough to wait for the venice core to come out unless AMD fumbled the ball and was like, "Ahhh yea about that venice core...expect it by december at the earliest" LOL

Well I finally took the plounge and ordered.

DFI SLI-DR
2*512 OCZ EL DDRR 3200 Plat. rev 2
3500+ (winnie) Ill upgrade this to a venice as soon as the Price gouging is over.
OCZ 600W PSU

And a Zahlman 7700-CU, yupp I wont be able to transport my Vapo down to Germany for another half a yr. or so so Ill have to go air.

Ill start off with just one Diamondmax 10 300 Gb HDD (16 Mb cache) but thatll increase over time til I get my RAID 5 setup.

And finally Im about to order a Leadtek 6800GT 256 Mb...

Itll all be about 1450€ (2200$) and I really cant afford it but I really want to have a new comp (the P3@770 MHz just doesn't cut it anymore)

Were you order your board? and congrats on the new system

Frallan said:
Well I finally took the plounge and ordered.

DFI SLI-DR
2*512 OCZ EL DDRR 3200 Plat. rev 2
3500+ (winnie) Ill upgrade this to a venice as soon as the Price gouging is over.
OCZ 600W PSU

And a Zahlman 7700-CU, yupp I wont be able to transport my Vapo down to Germany for another half a yr. or so so Ill have to go air.

Ill start off with just one Diamondmax 10 300 Gb HDD (16 Mb cache) but thatll increase over time til I get my RAID 5 setup.

And finally Im about to order a Leadtek 6800GT 256 Mb...

Itll all be about 1450€ (2200$) and I really cant afford it but I really want to have a new comp (the P3@770 MHz just doesn't cut it anymore)

according to this article...

".....Prior to the dual-core CPU launch, Intel will start shipping four versions of its 64-bit 600-series Pentium 4 processors, the P4 630, 640, 650 and 660, on February 20, the sources said, adding that an additional version, the P4 670, will be available in the second quarter...."

source: http://www.digitimes.com/NewsShow/MailHome.asp?datePublish=2005/1/24&pages=A7&seq=39

isnt it like likely that amd will start shipping venice at the same time too? late feb?
right now in my country, its been extremely difficult trying to buy winchesters since early in the year as there has been shortage of stock and ive been told that supplies will be back to normal in 3 weeks.

any guesses...

Food for thought?

Where is Winchesters produced?
Where will Venice be produced (or rather if Im correct where IS Venice produced)?

Now I guess itsFAB30 in Dresden... Which means that the shortage of Winchestercores might be equivalent to the storage of Venice cores minus the transition fallout.

( Stored Venice cores - Winnie to Venice transaction fallout) = The missing number of Winnie cores out there...

If this is so then AMD have been producing Venice for a couple of weeks now and should be able to saturate the market once they release them. Now this is only if it has gone according to plan. It could also be that AMD has hit some snags in the Venice yields and we have a real shortage of AMD cores.

Well I started the thread so I feel that i in title to som speculating :D What do U guys think?

it's plausible, however i think amd has been doing a lot of work over the last month or so trying to get good yeilds on the new sSOI 90nm process. add this to the fact that they should clock better to begin with, and yeilds might not be too bad after all.

but then again, time will tell.. and we're steadily approching the release date of san diego/venice, whenever it may be (possibly sometime soon, since intel just announced dual core)

needmorecarnitine said:
I've read that the new memory controller will allow double sided DIMMS in all slots running at DDR-400. If true, that would benefit anyone using all the memory slots. Not just those with integrated graphics.
Oooh... that would solve one of my biggest gripes about the current Mem controller flaw-- I need at least 2 Gig of memory for digital audio work, and was pissed at having to choose between 2x slower gig sticks @400 or fast 512 x4 @333.

If this is true--

I'm thinking my system would be a scorcher: think San Diego with the fatty 1 meg cache coupled with 2 gig of hi quality 2 2 2 5 memory.

Fuckin droolin at the thought.

Damn...just another reason to delay upgrading (though I was already resigned to wait until the end of February anyhow-- what's another month or two?)

I heard rumor that Venice is a city in Italy, where instead of streets they have canals.

==>Lazn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back