Steam Summer Sale 2011

Playing Defense Grid now, i like!!!!

Told you. I played for about 4 hours straight the first time I tried it about a month ago, then I started playing Space Pirates And Zombies and forgot all about it. Terraria is my crack of the week now.

Just play Defense Grid demo first for few mins and I like it so DL with game and all map packs worth every penny.:cool:

Told you. I played for about 4 hours straight the first time I tried it about a month ago, then I started playing Space Pirates And Zombies and forgot all about it. Terraria is my crack of the week now.

Terraria is fucking digital crack rocks, and they keep adding tons of new content with every patch! I've spent so much time with that game already... :eek:

Just play Defense Grid demo first for few mins and I like it so DL with game and all map packs worth every penny.:cool:

Defense Grid is one of those games you play the demo, immediately buy the game, and play it until you beat it. Its ridiculous.

Spent a bit more than I expected today, around 100, but I gifted so many games its sick. 3 copies of transformers after I found out it had coop, 2 copies of men of war assault squad, 2 copies of all defense grid DLC, tropico gold, and all assasins creeds except the first one for the wife... oh and two worlds II for the wife as well since she loves M rated RPGs. 17 too much for me, but she likes her some tits and decapitations.

I'm having a fuckin blast playing Defense Grid, I can't believe I never played this game before :eek:

I'm having a fuckin blast playing Defense Grid, I can't believe I never played this game before :eek:

Have you played Sol Survivor? Another fabulous TD, with full multiplayer modes and coop. I like it better, but its down to personal taste. Defense Grid has a better single player campaign, but personally I like the flavour and towers in Sol Survivor. Plus of course all the great multi modes.

For $2.99 it would be a crime to not get Torchlight (if you don't have it already).

For you new Defense Grid players, is there an option to play a level called C.H.A.S.? It is leftover from the Portal 2 ARG. The level is present in my copy, but I don't know about for people who purchased after the contest ended.

Playing Defense Grid now, i like!!!!

I've got 38.5 hours on record through Steam on this game. Fun as hell.

Going to start it up again now to try and do the Out of Bullets achievement.

DA2 is a bleak shell of a game. Console garbage, ugly graphics, poor story, very limited replayability, a total piece of crap when compared to DAO, and barely even a passable RPG when compared to the genre-at-large. I would pass on it, even for 5 bucks.

I advise not buying it at all, at any price.

I put my price at $20 for this game. But when Best Buy had that promotion where you could get it for $20, I passed on it. Certainly not going to pay $35 for it.

Is War for Cybertron any good? Me and my friend love to play co-op games.

Is War for Cybertron any good? Me and my friend love to play co-op games.

I bought 3 copies today based on good feedback from other people who have played it. Apparently a pretty decent game, much more fun in coop. I'd say its worth the price of admission if you love coop.

I picked up Defense Grid with the 4 extra map DLCs (96 cents for the lot), and Torchlight which will run on my old laptop.

Defense Grid was old the day it came out. Too much time with the flash version of the game that came out years prior ruined the surprise.

AC2 has the DRM but I never had problems with being connected to the internet last year. It sucks though cause I can't play it when I am somewhere that doesn't have internet. AC:B doesn't list an active internet connection being required so I assume Ubisoft learned and didn't put that in there. A 360 Controller is a must for these games.

I don't know about the status of the DRM, but I just decided to buy them when they were cheaper on steam sales like this.. Never had a problem with drm when I bought ac2, but the idea is stupid. Still for this cheap AC2 is a must buy if you liked the original at all, its a way better game. I'm picking up AC:B today. Your paying them a fraction of what you normally would with the sale price because of the drm.

See here though: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1962552

It looks like they removed 95% of drm stuff.

Picked up the DG maps, nothing else for today. Already own Torchlight otherwise that would be my other purchase.
I would jump all over DA:O and all the AC's but they're priced too high to get simply added to my backlog.
Still want to get MW2 but $19.99 no thanks.

Today's buys:

Defense Grid and all DLC
Transformers: War for Cybertron

...I want DA2 but not at that price. I know people here hate it, but I've played through it on console and didn't hate it. It is probably a $10 game or so for me. I dug parts of it. No where near DA: O but not horrible. Also, wanted MW2 for PC (have it on 360) but definitely not at $20. Really hoping these daily deals start blowing my mind...there hasn't been anything that I've gone "oh shit!" over at all this time. Some good deals, don't get me wrong, but still just games I'm buying that I feel have finally hit a price where they're worth it to me, not like I'm really saving.

The games I picked up.
Jul 3, 2011 $35.99 Purchase Dragon Age II

Jul 3, 2011 $24.99 Purchase Assassin's Creed Brotherhood Deluxe

Jul 2, 2011 $24.99 Purchase Fable III

Jul 1, 2011 $33.49 Purchase The Witcher 2

Jul 1, 2011 $10.19 Purchase Medal of Honor Standard WW

Picked up Defense Grid + DLC, although Steam is downloading so slow to the point of hardly working, it seems. Haven't even been able to finish Darksiders that I got yesterday.

Trying to decide if I should add DA:O and AC2 to my backlog at these prices or wait till the next sale...

Trying to decide if I should add DA:O and AC2 to my backlog at these prices or wait till the next sale...

I'd wait. Too expensive. Then again, I have been called cheap.

Bit on Tropico and Defense Grid.

Last edited:
Picked up Defense Grid + DLC, although Steam is downloading so slow to the point of hardly working, it seems. Haven't even been able to finish Darksiders that I got yesterday.
Yesterday was slow as hell. Took me 5-6hrs to download Darksiders. I think today the servers have speed up, not too sure.

Try changing your download region. That helps at times.

just change your region, that helps me too, btw, Defense Grid is excellent, been playing it a bit today.

It really is a great indy game.

The Defense Grid demo was entertaining but I was too cheap to buy it full price, sale price seems worth it to me now though. Same thing with the TorchLight demo.

I thought my backlog of games was bad before... now its just ridiculous!

Jesus. Tropico is still not done. It's a good thing Just Cause is like crack, otherwise I'd be upset.

Back