Steam Summer Sale 2011

Picked up Magicka 4-pack to play with friends tonight; should be fun and entertaining.

I'm probably going to get Bioshock 2, Magicka, and Darksiders today. I really can't resist. As far as KOTOR goes for people who need help getting to run this is a link to get it to not crash and here is a link to get it to run in wide screen.

Bah just got BC2 like 5 days ago, but picked up Magicka and Episode 2.

Is Fable III any good? Haven't played any of the series.

Honestly, no.

The first one was good, the sequels were both horrible.

If you liked 2, you might like this one, I personally don't.

Might bite on BC2, not sure yet.

Everyone MUST buy Darksiders. I am NOT a SP noob. But for w/e reason Darksiders has brought me back to SP gaming.

Think of it as god of war visuals mixed with zelda. It's a fun action game. Especially for us PC users who don't own a console. There really isn't anything better.

Everyone MUST buy Darksiders. I am NOT a SP noob. But for w/e reason Darksiders has brought me back to SP gaming.

Think of it as god of war visuals mixed with zelda. It's a fun action game. Especially for us PC users who don't own a console. There really isn't anything better.

bought it hoping it would be half decent lol

If I buy BAD COMPANY 2: VIETNAM through steam, can I just use the key to activate my non-steam version of BC2 and play it? Will steam even give me a key?

thanks

Is Fable III any good? Haven't played any of the series.

not sure but i bought it.

Frankly, i don't care if its great or it sucks, but it made it to PC, so i just want to pad the numbers to show pc gamers actually want games.

I'm going for Darksiders and one of my favorite time killers.... Football Manager 2011...!!!! woot woot... :D

Steam sales are always detrimental to my backlog :(

I'm hoping Portal 2 drops to $20. I'd break my under $15 rule for that one.

The Summer Sale finally got me. I've contemplated Darksiders for the last couple of sales but never pulled the trigger. The comments in this thread and its $5 price tag finally convinced me to add it to my backlog. The score so far, Steam: 1, Wallet: 0.

Ugh, I bit on darksiders too because of the comments here. I played the 'demo' when it first came out, but dropped it immediately because I didn't care for the animation. I found it a little too cartoony for how serious it's trying to be. I'll give it a real effort this time around.

Anyone who got one of the 4 packs of borderlands GOTY have one left they'll sell me?

missed the sale, out of town :(

I thought that was on sale the 1st day? Even then, only 50% off the original price.

For as short as the SP campaign was, that price is a bit high.

Too bad, it was a brilliant IP that had so much potential.

Bit on Darksiders because of this post. :cool:

If it ends up sucking, I'll find you... :p

no homefront sale yet?

It honestly isn't worth more than $5 :(

If I buy BAD COMPANY 2: VIETNAM through steam, can I just use the key to activate my non-steam version of BC2 and play it? Will steam even give me a key?

thanks

Yes it gives you a key

Do you use a controller or keyboard/mouse for it?

no homefront sale yet?

207_not_sure_if_serious.jpg

It honestly isn't worth more than $5 :(

I'd get it for $5, not sure if I'd go higher than that though. :D

I'm getting all of the Magicka DLC today...yay

I want The Longest Journey, but is the Dreamfall sequel worthwhile? I'm leaning against that one...

Speaking of Magicka, I've heard good things about it and will probably be picking it up to add to my years long backlist, but what about that bunch of DLC they have, anything good there?

Also, I'm glad to see that my prediction that BC2 would be back on sale with Steam, even given the whole EA Origin stuff. I actually have the same there but my recent hard drive failure screwed over online access to the game, and the circumstances surrounding that purchase w/ Cuichuming along with a talk with an EA rep was enough for me to decide to just buy the game on sale again, preferably on Steam. Nice to see it come true, and nice to see Vietnam on sale too as I was expecting to have to do without that, not to mention the Specact kit I didn't collect enough Soda for in a pack.

Last edited:
I want The Longest Journey, but is the Dreamfall sequel worthwhile? I'm leaning against that one...

My wife and I found both extremely disappointing. We much preferred the Monkey Island series (I know, completely different, but hey, they're both adventures!)

Killing Floor Bundle $12
Day of Defeat: Source $6.69
Call of Duty War Chest $29.99
maybe I'll get the unreal deal pack later today

just picked up
HL2EP1
HL2EP2
The new alice Game
and Darksiders

for only 60 bucks, thats awesome steam

If you haven't picked up magicka, don't let the opportunity pass you buy, this is a SOLID game, and well worth your hard earned dollars, I guarantee it.

It isn't the greatest game of all time, but i'd rate it a very solid 8.5-9 out of 10, I doubt I'll find many willing to disagree on that score, and if you've ever read any of my posts on games, you know how harsh I can be.

Back