Steam Summer Sale 2011

The challenge has been set for the Holiday Sale. Not for Steam to have better deals than they did for the Summer Sale, but for us to have more than 1,240 posts in the Holiday Sale 2011 thread. :cool:

Oh, if I post it, it will be. :D

I'll help continue this thread:

Did anyone win a grand prize? I had thirty tickets and no luck.

I'll help continue this thread:

Did anyone win a grand prize? I had thirty tickets and no luck.

I was wondering if they ever posted when the winners were picked. In the rules it said that it could go into august for winners to be picked.

I was wondering if they ever posted when the winners were picked. In the rules it said that it could go into august for winners to be picked.
They announced the list of games given out today. The winners will likely be notified individually rather than posted publicly. I got 40 tickets, but 100 accounts out of all of them... I never expected to win.

On another comment about the if the Holiday sale will beat out the Summer sale on deals - it generally does. There are more 'packs' like indie packs that are generally really great deals if you don't have some of the games already. I know of at least one indie game that was a 'daily deal' for $5 one day last week that I gifted to a bunch of people at $2.50 over Christmas.

Far more people have time off during the holidays to get involved in these things than during summer. With that larger exposure chance it's probably easier to get bigger developers trying to promote franchises and such on board during that time.

Keep in mind if you want to compare sales prices you have to factor in the natural price drop of games. For instance a lot of titles on sale during the summer sale will be cheaper during Christmas, but not due to any sale differences, but because the value of the game has gone down due to time from release, basically you have to factor in a 6 month natural price drop as well as newer title releases as well.

They announced the list of games given out today. The winners will likely be notified individually rather than posted publicly. I got 40 tickets, but 100 accounts out of all of them... I never expected to win.

Took me some time to find that list:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?p=23640381#post23640381

So if you won, you should know by now.

Wondering how they treat mail ins, seems like it's a little different if they notify them two weeks later.

Kind of ticks me off how people put $5 games or DLC on their wishlist. Waste of a grand prize if you ask me.

Well, I didn't win and I didn't expect to win. Still a great steam summer sale, I managed to pick up the two games I wanted for a decent price: Borderlands: GoTY and AC:B. Then I got a few other good games for under $5.

I believe Steam states that winners will be notified by the end of the day. So I'm still keeping my fingers crossed. :)

These are the games that I had in my top ten. I must have had the list backwards, because The Witcher 2, FEAR 3, and Portal 2 were #11-13 and I'm pretty sure I meant for those to be higher up than some of the others.

27 Call of Duty Black Ops
27 Deus Ex: Human Revolution
23 Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine
13 Might & Magic« Heroes« VI
11 Alice: Madness Returns
10 RAGE
9 Serious Sam 3: BFE
9 Sid Meier's Civilization V
5 Call of Juarez: The Cartel
4 DiRT 3

With the amount of people that come here I hope at least one of us won. I was one of a hundred that had UT2k4 lol

All of my top ten were on there

Witcher 2
Deux Ex: Human Revolution
Might and Magic Heroes VI
Rage
Warhammer 40k: Space Marine
Serious Sam 3: BFE
Dungeon Siege 3
Portal 2
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
Fallout: New Vegas

Although none of them are just one person picking them, so ..shrug. Would be cool.

I think the odds of winning are less than that of the lottery. I'd rather win that too be honest :p

lol

I think it'd be interesting if they released the statistics like: how many people actually got 10 or more tickets, 20 or more, 30 or more, ..., all tickets

LOL at half the games on that list. Why would anyone put a mega crap ton of $2 indie games on their list? They must have randomly received one ticket without even trying and won. I for sure reorganized my list based on value rather than quality.

9 of the 10 game son my list were unreleased titles. The other was recently released.

I figured if I won, it would be cool to look forward to titles when they release. I'm normally not in a hurry to play singleplayer games at $50, so waiting til they are <$10 is fine by me.

LOL at half the games on that list. Why would anyone put a mega crap ton of $2 indie games on their list? They must have randomly received one ticket without even trying and won. I for sure reorganized my list based on value rather than quality.

Anyone with a list didn't randomly get 10 tickets without knowing about the contest. To be entered for the grand prize you had to have a minimum of 10 tickets.

You needed a minimum of 10 entries.

Keep in mind those with the most tickets tend to also have the most games. Likely some of those choices are because they already own the other titles.

As a side there are a lot of cheaper games I'd rather get and play than some of the more expensive newer titles. I'll avoid naming them to avoid a possible argument.

Back