Steam Summer Sale 2011

bit on 2 copies of singularity, 2 copies of fallout vegas with the dlc, and frozen synapse whose sale I have been awaiting like a coiled panther... already have most of the rest.

The good deals today that most people probably will overlook are Bionic Commando Rearmed (great side scrolling action remade from the 80s nes title, has local coop) and Alpha Protocol. Ok, I know, the game has a bunch of bugs and got hammered critically, the interface isn't great, and the controls are sloppy. But it's still Splinter Cell crossed with Mass Effect. If that sounds like fun, and you are a patient gamer, YOU WILL LIKE IT. I've beat the game twice and I'm going to play it again at least one more time. It has a very good story and rewards attention to detail in both the text and the conversations. Similar quality/bugginess to Vampire: Bloodlines if you remember that cult classic.

. It has a very good story and rewards attention to detail in both the text and the conversations. Similar quality/bugginess to Vampire: Bloodlines if you remember that cult classic.
Sounds like a lot of reading pass!!

Sounds like a lot of reading pass!!

You don't HAVE to read, but you'll miss important details in the game if you just do it guns blazing, and if you are that kind of gamer, you won't appreciate the game at all. You'll probably hate it, because the combat is definitely not the high point of the game, and there's quite a lot of combat. I beat it the first time in stealth mode, and it was quite rewarding. It has perks and a black market where you buy weapons and such. You can customize your appearance with accessories/beards/etc but you can't build a face from scratch. I believe there are 4 women you can sleep with as well, but you have to play your cards right. I think its actually possibly to get all 4 in one game, too, though one of them you'll probably "lol" when you realize she is a possibility. ;)

Hory sheeeeeit! I bought Fall out New vegas from BB yesterday for $10 and it activates on steam! I was gonna return it because I want all the DLC, which is on sale only on steam today. Now, I can just buy the DLC and have the complete package for a total of $16 WOOTNESS SUPREME!

Looks like I'll add the Fallout DLC to the copy of New Vegas I got for $10.63 from D2D recently.

I've been interested in Frozen Synapse but I'm trying to be careful with my funds across this sale. Hmm.

Oh, and I fully recommend Trine for $2. I grabbed it along time ago on a deal and I enjoyed it. $2 is a steal.

I absolutely loved trine. It was such a relaxing game to play with very forgiving movements and beautiful backgrounds.

Singularity was also a blast to play through, and I really have a hard time getting into first person story based SP. The game is short, and moves along quickly, but quite fun.

I can't even imagine what else Steam is going to throw at us.

I have about a 50 game backlog at the moment and just this sale purchased,

Lead and Gold
Just Cause
Just Cause 2 +DLC
SW: KOTOR
Darksiders
Defense Grid +DLC
Transformers: WfC
Dragon Age Origins

My credit card is like an easy woman when it comes to Steam. It just can't say no.

Added the Doom Pack and the NV DLCs today. Already have most of the other decent ones worth buying so the wallet just takes a small hit today.

Really underwhelming deals today...Picking up Fallout: NV and DLC just because the $9.99 BB sale isn't on up here, but I was really hoping for a better price on it from Steam. Pretty shitty of them when even D2D can beat them :p

Also bit on Singularity...again, higher price than I was hoping for but I do want to play it so I'll just hope it's $7.49 worth of fun for me. Really on the fence about Frozen Synapse...I could always sell the second copy but I'd rather just a decent price on one copy LOL.

Here's hoping tomorrow's better :)

ACII is so much better and non-repetitive. Keep in mind that you will always have to be connected to the internet to play.

You "only" need be connected to the internet when you first start it up, to clarify; it's been changed from the "always on or we'll kick you out of game" shenanigans that they had it first. Not as bad, but not necessarily ideal.

Thanks for the replies but it looks like AC II was yesterday's deal so I'll have to wait it out until it goes on special again. If any one has an extra copy I would like to purchase one. :p

Just picked up Serious Sam double pack hd. Got defence grid and the Grand theft auto pack also this weekend. Damn Steam and there sales.. Killing my walet.

I'm going to bite on Frozen Synapse...and check out some other goodies :)

Picked up Fallout NV DLC. Just got the full game on Steam not long ago for $20-25 I believe...should have waited for this sale. :(

EDIT: Just kidding, I bought it from D2D for $12.50 and the key activated on Steam. So I don't feel bad at all! :cool:

Last edited:
I paid big bucks for the Fallout NV CE and didn't feel ripped in the slightest. Rather than being just a repackage NV's actually a huge improvement over Fallout 3, tweaked game mechanics and all. I reinstalled on my new rig and picked up the two DLCs today. It's back to the Wasteland later tonight!

why fallout 3 NV listed as $49.99 retail on Steam vs at BestBuy $29.99 retail?

at first I saw 70% off ($14.99) and almost snapped it then seeing $9.99 at BestBuy, I felt like hey what's wrong? That doesn't look good at all !

I can't get (US) BestBuy's price in my area but now I know $9.99 being possible, I will wait. Steam, DO IT !

Singularity worth $7.50? Kinda looking for a new singleplay FPS to play.

why fallout 3 NV listed as $49.99 retail on Steam vs at BestBuy $29.99 retail?

at first I saw 70% off ($14.99) and almost snapped it then seeing $9.99 at BestBuy, I felt like hey what's wrong? That doesn't look good at all !

I can't get (US) BestBuy's price in my area but now I know $9.99 being possible, I will wait. Steam, DO IT !

I think most games on Steam are listed at their "original retail price".

Same here, I would like more input about this game. The trailer looks great, but the metacritic score was 76/mediocre. Can anyone here vouch for it?

Also the New Vegas DLC. I beat NV several months ago and haven't played it since, but I still have it installed so if someone recommends the DLCs, I'll grab them :).

Same here, I would like more input about this game. The trailer looks great, but the metacritic score was 76/mediocre. Can anyone here vouch for it?

I paid 10 bucks for it and it was well worth that to me. its a bit cheesy but just kick back and treat it like a sci fi/horror B movie and its pretty fun.

Please answer our Mount and Blade questions, is Warband an expansion?

Is Warband worth getting? that might be the only game I buy today.

Warband and Fire and Sword are expansions, but they also run standalone so you don't have to buy the others. Warband is definitly worthwhile... I'm about to get Fire and Sword myself. I image that's worthwhile too, especially at that price. Fire and Sword has guns added to medieval combat. If you're just getting into the series Warband enough to buy. Maybe the same can be said for Fire and Sword, but I'd have to play it first. ;)

If you don't like guns mixed with swords, Warband is it. But even warband and vanilla had guns modded in. I'm sure Fire and Sword will have mods where the world has no guns. The whole set is great... though you probably won't need to bother with the original since Warband is pretty much the original with lots of improvements.

Last edited:
I think most games on Steam are listed at their "original retail price".

No, the games do have their list price changed. The list price has to be negotiated I believe between Steam and whomever the publisher is. I wouldn't be surprised if the list price is renegotiated after the sale though, since the game has been out for awhile.

The one thing about the FO:NV sale is that the DLC is on sale too at the moment, but it won't let you buy it in advance and wait for cheaper a NV sale.

I'm with Dion, I think Singularity was underrated. Not the best game in the world by any means, but I had a helluva time playing through it...definitely worth the asking price, especially if you liked the Bio-Shock series.

Best,

Liquid Cool

Thanks for the replys.

I'm with Dion, I think Singularity was underrated. Not the best game in the world by any means, but I had a helluva time playing through it...definitely worth the asking price, especially if you liked the Bio-Shock series.

Best,

Liquid Cool

After hearing it was an underrated title a few times I went ahead and purchased. Looks like some good fun.

I agree with the previous posters, Singularity is well worth the 7.50. I paid full price for it and I dont regret it, though it feels a bit short... mostly because I wanted even more singluarity :p

No, the games do have their list price changed. The list price has to be negotiated I believe between Steam and whomever the publisher is. I wouldn't be surprised if the list price is renegotiated after the sale though, since the game has been out for awhile.

The one thing about the FO:NV sale is that the DLC is on sale too at the moment, but it won't let you buy it in advance and wait for cheaper a NV sale.

what?

anyways, just this week I've got too many games (>30...) among Steam and others to keep me busy until the new year. I still prefer Steam (less places better), hope they soon to release a new pack: NV+2dlc and have it on sale for $15 or less, and I'm in.

what?

anyways, just this week I've got too many games (>30...) among Steam and others to keep me busy until the new year. I still prefer Steam (less places better), hope they soon to release a new pack: NV+2dlc and have it on sale for $15 or less, and I'm in.

Buying the DLC on sale and waiting for a cheaper sale of the regular game. That sucks that that doesn't work.

Back