• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Star Wars Outlaws

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ubisoft is going to be purchased by the Chinese?

Ugh. This is how the invasion begins.

When I discovered that Black Myth Wukomg was, in fact, created by the Chinese, I immediately uninstalled it and then unplugged my pc and took a sledgehammer to it.

I changed all my passwords and closed all my old bank accounts. I then went over to my Chinese neighbour’s house and rang the doorbell, and when he answered I shouted at him: “I know what you’re up to… and I know where you live!”

He shook his head at me, and said, “You white people.”

At this juncture I was enraged, and shouted: “I am a black female! A black Canadian female!”
 
If they'd stop making shitty games then maybe their prospects would improve
Stop making shit games, stop smearing customers who point out that your games are shit and get rid of all the internal activists who hate your customers. Ubi employees are now having public melt downs about the prospect that they are going to be unemployed....

1728094672952.png


Yes its fault of the vocal minority that you waste hundreds of millions developing subpar products, and then even more millions on narrative control.
 
Last edited:
Stop making shit games, stop smearing customers who point out that your games are shit and get rid of all the internal activists who hate your customers. Ubi employees are now having public melt downs about the prospect that they are going to be unemployed....

View attachment 683653

Yes its fault of the vocal minority that you waste hundreds of millions developing subpar products, and then even more millions on narrative control.
The gaming industry is rough because AAA companies keep churning out shit games that end up bombing or underperforming and pissing gamers off. Those in the industry should look Inward to their own failures and that of their leadership instead of blaming the gaming community
 
Last edited:
That article is completely tone deaf. It seems like it was written by someone who knows nothing about the video game industry. They think its "activist" pressure to sell the company. That's not it. There are investors sick of the performance of Ubisoft stock as the company is at a decade low. It's lost around 60% of its value compared to last year. A lot of their major titles have under performed. Assassin's Creed Shadows preorders are reportedly only 7% of Valhala's in the same period and information about the game and the statue fiasco have pissed off an entire country. I think they pulled out of the Tokyo Game Show because they knew damn well that this game would not be well received in its current form. They were going to get laughed at and humiliated publicly.

For an organization that champions diversity, equity and inclusion they seem to be doing everything they can to exclude an entire country and by extension the people who've been asking for an Assassin's Creed game set in Feudal Japan for years. I'm not a big fan of this series but if this had come out five or ten years ago there is a good chance I would have bought it. This is something I'd have been interested in.
Pull a Musk and fire 85% of the workforce, starting with this type of dead weight:

https://x.com/EndymionYT/status/1842229560080801980

Be an activist on your own time, not during company hours.
This is what happens when you hire based on criteria outside of merit, skill and experience. More to the point, they are hiring inexperienced children who simply aren't professionals. Contractors have to reportedly be hired in to clean up their mess and make the games halfway functional so they can launch. Ubisoft is known for releasing games in a relatively poor technical state but as we've seen with Outlaws, they are setting a new bar even for themselves.

And of course, rather than face the truth about the cancer inside the company, they will blame gamers for their failures. Which is funny because a lot of Eastern studios are doing fine here. That is, excluding Japanese studios that have tried to cater to what they think Americans want. What they are really doing is catering to the angry blue haired land whales of Twitter which don't buy their games to begin with and scream louder than any sane person normally would. Well adjusted people might bitch on the internet a bit but when it comes down to it they don't usually engage with the twitter mobs because its proven pointless time and time again. So instead, they vote with their wallets and they are no longer showing up to buy the slop these companies are putting out.

The problem here is that these companies bought into that BS and hired people that care more about activism than doing their jobs. Jobs they are most likely ill-suited for to begin with. The issue isn't with gamers. Blaming your customer has never worked in the history of commerce. Its with the internal culture of toxic positivity that doesn't allow for constructive criticism and feedback that would inevitably lead to a better product. They've created echo chambers within the company that don't allow for that kind of thing. As long as they put their activism first and ignore criticism, this problem is only going to get worse. Especially given how long game development cycles are.
 
Last edited:
That article is completely tone deaf. It seems like it was written by someone who knows nothing about the video game industry. They think its "activist" pressure to sell the company. That's not it. There are investors sick of the performance of Ubisoft stock as the company is at a decade low. It's lost around 60% of its value compared to last year. A lot of their major titles have under performed. Assassin's Creed Shadows preorders are reportedly only 7% of Valhala's in the same period and information about the game and the statue fiasco have pissed off an entire country. I think they pulled out of the Tokyo Game Show because they knew damn well that this game would not be well received in its current form. They were going to get laughed at and humiliated publicly.

For an organization that champions diversity, equity and inclusion they seem to be doing everything they can to exclude an entire country and by extension the people who've been asking for an Assassin's Creed game set in Feudal Japan for years. I'm not a big fan of this series but if this had come out five or ten years ago there is a good chance I would have bought it. This is something I'd have been interested in.

This is what happens when you hire based on criteria outside of merit, skill and experience. More to the point, they are hiring inexperienced children who simply aren't professionals. Contractors have to reportedly be hired in to clean up their mess and make the games halfway functional so they can launch. Ubisoft is known for releasing games in a relatively poor technical state but as we've seen with Outlaws, they are setting a new bar even for themselves.

And of course, rather than face the truth about the cancer inside the company, they will blame gamers for their failures. Which is funny because a lot of Eastern studios are doing fine here. That is, excluding Japanese studios that have tried to cater to what they think Americans want. What they are really doing is catering to the angry blue haired land whales of Twitter which don't buy their games to begin with and scream louder than any sane person normally would. Well adjusted people might bitch on the internet a bit but when it comes down to it they don't usually engage with the twitter mobs because its proven pointless time and time again. So instead, they vote with their wallets and they are no longer showing up to buy the slop these companies are putting out.

The problem here is that these companies bought into that BS and hired people that care more about activism than doing their jobs. Jobs they are most likely ill-suited for to begin with. The issue isn't with gamers. Blaming your customer has never worked in the history of commerce. Its with the internal culture of toxic positivity that doesn't allow for constructive criticism and feedback that would inevitably lead to a better product. They've created echo chambers within the company that don't allow for that kind of thing. As long as they put their activism first and ignore criticism, this problem is only going to get worse. Especially given how long game development cycles are.
And that's why I look forward to these companies failing. The less of them there are creating crap games the better it is for us.
At a certain point social justice warriors will make themselves unhireable as more and more companies realize what a liability they are in terms of doing good work
 
They think its "activist" pressure to sell the company. That's not it. There are investors sick of the performance of Ubisoft stock as the company is at a decade low.
Activists just mean investor having voiced opinion and putting pressure versus a passive investor. It has nothing to do with the type of industry

AJ Investments wrote an open letter and campaigned the other investor to join it in a effort to push change, that exactly an activist investor, hard to be more activist than that:
In an open letter last Thursday, the private equity firm said it had engaged “industry experts” as potential replacements for the current Ubisoft management to realize a turnaround strategy at Ubisoft. It called for Ubisoft to sell itself to private equity groups or Tencent.
 
This game has that magical “I just want to hang out in this universe” feel to it. For me, that’s actually kind of rare to find in a game.
 
LOL Blade-Runner
that was one hell of a rant on the gaming industry in the west. I was shocked to hear that they have 18,000 employees! Holy crap! I can only image the bureaucracy in that company. And to think that in 1993 with the release of DOOM, they had only 5 people. Now we have 18,000? WTF is wrong with that picture? They really need to do a re-org and cut at least 50% of the staff as a start, and eliminate those other worthless departments that add nothing to the game you are developing.
 
And that's why I look forward to these companies failing. The less of them there are creating crap games the better it is for us.
At a certain point social justice warriors will make themselves unhireable as more and more companies realize what a liability they are in terms of doing good work
We're already starting to see many of these companies failing at least partially if not totally. It seems this game has sold about a million copies and that's extremely pathetic. There was a time when the Star Wars name alone would have been worth more than a million sales. This is a strong indicator that Ubisoft's reputation is a lot worse than it used to be, The Message is not something gamers want and the Star Wars brand has been hideously destroyed.
 
We're already starting to see many of these companies failing at least partially if not totally. It seems this game has sold about a million copies and that's extremely pathetic. There was a time when the Star Wars name alone would have been worth more than a million sales. This is a strong indicator that Ubisoft's reputation is a lot worse than it used to be, The Message is not something gamers want and the Star Wars brand has been hideously destroyed.
Disney under Kathleen Kennedy have absolutely wrecked the franchise
 
LOL Blade-Runner
that was one hell of a rant on the gaming industry in the west. I was shocked to hear that they have 18,000 employees! Holy crap! I can only image the bureaucracy in that company. And to think that in 1993 with the release of DOOM, they had only 5 people. Now we have 18,000? WTF is wrong with that picture? They really need to do a re-org and cut at least 50% of the staff as a start, and eliminate those other worthless departments that add nothing to the game you are developing.

Ubisoft does have many, many studios that work on a number of games concurrently. But of course they likely still have a lot of bloat. They start and cancel many games far into development. Rainbow 6 Patriots, the new Ghost Recon thing, something else I am forgetting, and then have some shovel ware like Skull & Bones.
 
Anyone having crashing after the latest patch? Game crashes to desktop. I finished it but wanted to do some Intel and side missions stuff.
 
Just a suggestion… but maybe we could have a separate “Shit All Over Ubisoft Here!” thread, instead of derailing every single thread that’s devoted to an Ubisoft game.

Some of us actually like Ubisoft’s games, and it does get a little tiring seeing the same names doggedly being critical of Ubisoft.
 
This game has that magical “I just want to hang out in this universe” feel to it. For me, that’s actually kind of rare to find in a game.

From a world/environment standpoint, I think the game is probably about as immersive as it gets in regard to walking around in a Star Wars game.
 
Just a suggestion… but maybe we could have a separate “Shit All Over Ubisoft Here!” thread, instead of derailing every single thread that’s devoted to an Ubisoft game.

Some of us actually like Ubisoft’s games, and it does get a little tiring seeing the same names doggedly being critical of Ubisoft.
I play several of Ubisoft's games: Far Cry 1, 3, 4, 5, and now 6 which I'm still on. I never got 2 to like me. Not sure what other titles Ubisoft has created in the past. I've always like the open world, where I can do what I want at any given time.
 
Just a suggestion… but maybe we could have a separate “Shit All Over Ubisoft Here!” thread, instead of derailing every single thread that’s devoted to an Ubisoft game.

Some of us actually like Ubisoft’s games, and it does get a little tiring seeing the same names doggedly being critical of Ubisoft.
Everyone is still discussing relevant points. If you'd like, go make a "positive vibes only" thread?
 
Everyone is still discussing relevant points. If you'd like, go make a "positive vibes only" thread?
So, I’m not interested in hyping Ubisoft.

I just think that there are a few… what are they called?… bad actors… who will happily derail these threads by ignoring the Ubisoft game in question (typically, these people don’t even own the game) and just relentlessly bash away at the company with the same criticisms we’ve heard maybe a hundred times already.

A lot of the discussion in this thread has been exactly like that and I’m kind of surprised you (being the highly intelligent person you are) can’t see that. LOL

Anyway, it’s not my forum… and, honestly, I’m not really that invested in this… lol… just for me, personally, the gamer hatred thing gets tiring after a while. I love seeing valid criticisms of games… and there are some really sharp people posting some really great comments at this forum, which is why I keep coming back (Armenius and QB-Z stand up and take a bow… lol) but I’m not seeing a lot of that in this thread. Though maybe that’s just me. LOL.

Anyway, happy gaming… or not, as the case may be. lol
 
Everyone is still discussing relevant points. If you'd like, go make a "positive vibes only" thread?
Most of the points made in the last several posts have nothing to do with Star Wars Outlaws directly.

That said, Ubi sucks because they are a bloated company that keeps making the same fucking game over and over. Not to mention all of the issues with management and sexual harassment. Burn the whole thing down.
 
I installed it this weekend out of curiosity on Ubisoft+ and am about 2 hours into it. I just got off Canto and am looking forward to see where the game goes from here. So far, it's run fine with no glitches or crashes at the 4K settings it defaulted to. I'm a long-time SW fan, having played "The Empire Strikes Back" on my 2600 and "Dark Forces" was my first SW PC game. I'm also interested in the "Quality of Life" improvements promised for the October 24th update. Following that, I plan to see if the game keeps me interested enough beyond the 30-day subscription to keep playing or switch to something else.
 
That said, Ubi sucks because they are a bloated company that keeps making the same fucking game over and over. Not to mention all of the issues with management and sexual harassment. Burn the whole thing down.

Burn it down after the release of Assassin’s Creed Shadows because I can’t wait to play that game.

I loved Watch Dogs 1 and 3, but 2 completely sucked. It’s a shame the series has been put out to pasture. I’ve played every Far Cry game and will happily devour the next, so, again, burning down the company would be upsetting to me. I actually enjoyed the hell out of Avatar as well, and I thought it was both atmospheric and fun to play.

As far as the sexual harassment is concerned… well, I mean… as long as the games are good. Management is stressful. I think if you’re a new hire… and you’re young and pretty… and, let’s be inclusive here, wether you’re male or female, black or white, you should be willing to put up with a little harassment for the good of the company, and, more importantly, for the good of the game.

People are too soft these days.

(Edit. Also, there’s at least one person at this forum who gets triggered every time I mention the fact that I like Outlaws. So yay Outlaws!)
 
Outlaws is fantastic. Had a great time with it. Solid 8-9/10 from me. Yes AI sucked a few times and some missions I still couldn’t figure out what I am supposed to do but the world alone and story was pretty decent. I want to continue playing but facing a bit of CTDs so waiting for the next patch to finish up the side stuff.
 
New patch seems to have stabilized frame rates a bit. I did grabbed a few more of the equipment stuff but it reminds me how dull the game can be. I have a card game side quest or two to do, I may do them to see if I can stand it for the upcoming DLC. Just so much that is annoying in this game. Like the default key for getting off your speeder is R. Why not E, the button you use to climb on it?
 
Burn it down after the release of Assassin’s Creed Shadows because I can’t wait to play that game.

I loved Watch Dogs 1 and 3, but 2 completely sucked. It’s a shame the series has been put out to pasture. I’ve played every Far Cry game and will happily devour the next, so, again, burning down the company would be upsetting to me. I actually enjoyed the hell out of Avatar as well, and I thought it was both atmospheric and fun to play.

As far as the sexual harassment is concerned… well, I mean… as long as the games are good. Management is stressful. I think if you’re a new hire… and you’re young and pretty… and, let’s be inclusive here, wether you’re male or female, black or white, you should be willing to put up with a little harassment for the good of the company, and, more importantly, for the good of the game.

People are too soft these days.

(Edit. Also, there’s at least one person at this forum who gets triggered every time I mention the fact that I like Outlaws. So yay Outlaws!)
You're not quite right in the head if you think people should tolerate being sexually harassed, any kind of harassed, in their workplace
 
You're not quite right in the head if you think people should tolerate being sexually harassed, any kind of harassed, in their workplace

Because of course my post was meant to be taken seriously.

It’s actually quite interesting, because just before posting that I read it again, just to be certain it was so ‘over the top’ that nobody in their right mind would take it seriously.

Yup… I’m going to advocate publicly for sexual harassment. Yup… new hires… especially pretty, young new hires… should agree to sexual harassment ‘for the good of the game’.

Yup, you got me. I’m not right in the head.

Thanks ever so much for stepping in and taking such a mighty stand on behalf of all the sexually harassed people in the workforce.

My god…
 
Last edited:
Is there a fix to the constant CTDs with latest windows? I finished the game but I can't find a legit fix. The latest is to do a fresh install of windows 23h2. I don't want to do that.
 
Is there a fix to the constant CTDs with latest windows? I finished the game but I can't find a legit fix. The latest is to do a fresh install of windows 23h2. I don't want to do that.
You assume its a Windows problem and not some issue with the game or a GPU driver. The latter is what I've found to be the cause of instability in games more often than not.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top