When it comes to review scores, I'm simply stating that using a 7/10 makes the game seem better than it is. This is likely by design. A 7/10 if you were talking about almost anything else would be pretty good. When talking about a game reviewed by IGN, not so much
The main protagonist in a 40+ hour game being ugly is a valid complaint. I'm not saying it should be top of the list but people want attractive characters in their entertainment which is a form of escapism.
maybe...just maybe...they actually believe the game is a 7/10...I know shocker right?...they gave Outlaws a 7/10 and talked about both the positives and negatives like any good review site should...it seems fair...the problem is you made up your mind that you were going to hate the game before it even came out because of the 'ugly female' character and Sweet Baby
outside of overly sexualized games from Japanese developers like Steller Blade, most main characters are not gorgeous...secondary characters are moreso...was Geralt attractive?...JC Denton?...video games are not realistic depictions of actual people outside of maybe something like Callisto Protocol