• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

So, who's thinking about Borderlands?

GUYS, watch the feed. Words can't express how epic this game will be. lol. I just saw a grenade that arced around a corner and homed in on a mob.

Was that in the live feed? If so, damn! I would have loved to see that... haven't heard about grenades that can do that, but it's Borderlands, so it would not surprise me!

That IGN vid... LOL! Classic.
 
Was that in the live feed? If so, damn! I would have loved to see that... haven't heard about grenades that can do that, but it's Borderlands, so it would not surprise me!

That IGN vid... LOL! Classic.

It was in the live feed a few hours ago. There are all sorts of grenade mods. There's one where if you throw the grenade, you end up teleporting to the location of the grenade. Another one that's called a MIRV where you toss it, and where it lands, it jumps up a few feet into the air and shoots shrapnel in all directions.
 
It was in the live feed a few hours ago. There are all sorts of grenade mods. There's one where if you throw the grenade, you end up teleporting to the location of the grenade. Another one that's called a MIRV where you toss it, and where it lands, it jumps up a few feet into the air and shoots shrapnel in all directions.

Gdamn it, I want it now!
 
Let's face it, the game will probably about about 10-20 different gun models, and dozens of different configurations and ammo. Viola! "billions" of guns!
 
Loved the IGN vid, but going to pass on the live feed since I don't want any spoilers.
 
Let's face it, the game will probably about about 10-20 different gun models, and dozens of different configurations and ammo. Viola! "billions" of guns!

Actually, no. But no one is asking for you to play the game. FWIW, there's way more than your "10-20 different gun models."
 
Actually, no. But no one is asking for you to play the game. FWIW, there's way more than your "10-20 different gun models."

I bought the game.

Slap me as unconvincing, but far too many developers cried out the great number of "_________" in their game, only to be a big number of different configurations of the same item/weapon.

ie:
Shotgun. Has 3 different ammo types you can use, and 3 different upgrade parts.

Thus, this one "Shotgun" turns into "9 different" weapons.
 
I bought the game.

Slap me as unconvincing, but far too many developers cried out the great number of "_________" in their game, only to be a big number of different configurations of the same item/weapon.

ie:
Shotgun. Has 3 different ammo types you can use, and 3 different upgrade parts.

Thus, this one "Shotgun" turns into "9 different" weapons.

Fair enough. There's a live feed up that I posted earlier if you don't mind potential spoilers. I actually haven't yet seen the same weapon skin. EDIT: Yea, skins will end up overlapping, but there are definitely more than just a handful (or even several handfuls).
 
Last edited:
anyone else concerned about the game being very repetitive?...hopefully the game will provide some variety and not the same thing over and over...the terrain, enemies and gameplay look very similar at different points in the game...yes I'm sure that will be very fun for the first few hours but no way they can sustain that for the life of the game unless they throw in some different things

shoot everything in site, reload, get to next area, shoot everything again is how it looks now...I also want to see some different landscapes (deserts, forest, snowy mountains etc)...seeing the same Wasteland for 60 hours would get very dull
 
Last edited:
I bought the game.

Slap me as unconvincing, but far too many developers cried out the great number of "_________" in their game, only to be a big number of different configurations of the same item/weapon.

ie:
Shotgun. Has 3 different ammo types you can use, and 3 different upgrade parts.

Thus, this one "Shotgun" turns into "9 different" weapons.

from what I have read/seen guns seem to have different barrels and stocks as well as colours. Tjhere could be 2 smg's, one might have a metal stock and a short fat barrel that does more damage, one will have a wooden stock and a longer slim barrel that is more accurate ect. Colours affect damage types, green does armor eating acid, blue does electricle that eats shields quicker ect.

Well some of the model might be close they have said you will be able to identify roughly what a gun can do just by looking at it before you can even see the stats.
 
Saw an SMG SHOTGUN last night. Freaking awesome.

A grenade with homing shrapnel

Big goddamn dragon raining fiery death on the player from above (he died pretty quick!)

The stream was awesome. Me want CANDY!
 
anyone else concerned about the game being very repetitive?...hopefully the game will provide some variety and not the same thing over and over...the terrain, enemies and gameplay look very similar at different points in the game...yes I'm sure that will be very fun for the first few hours but no way they can sustain that for the life of the game unless they throw in some different things

shoot everything in site, reload, get to next area, shoot everything again is how it looks now...I also want to see some different landscape (deserts, forest, snowy mountains etc)...seeing the same Wasteland for 60 hours would get very dull

I've been watching a good amount of it on justin.tv and it does look extremely repetitive. I don't think I've seen an enemy type other than skags and bandits and the constant Fallout 3 wasteland environment is getting pretty tiresome as well. I enjoy the concept of a loot-based action FPS/RPG hybrid game, but it needs more than just loot, leveling and killing the same shit to keep me interested. I think I might go play Titan Quest again.
 
I've been watching a good amount of it on justin.tv and it does look extremely repetitive. I don't think I've seen an enemy type other than skags and bandits and the constant Fallout 3 wasteland environment is getting pretty tiresome as well. I enjoy the concept of a loot-based action FPS/RPG hybrid game, but it needs more than just loot, leveling and killing the same shit to keep me interested. I think I might go play Titan Quest again.

yeah I've taken a look here and there at the justin.tv feed (not too much as I don't want to have the game spoiled) and every time I view the site he seems to be doing the exact same thing...shooting bandits and those little creatures...no variety at all...same Wasteland area with a few shacks...same bandits...only thing that changes is the guns

I'm a bit worried about the game
 
I read somewhere the game has around 200 different monster types (not reskins). Among those types, each one can have a specific behavior. There might be 5 or so variations of mob X, one might be a berserking type creature, another might be a ranged creature that will flee if you get close, a third might be a leader type unit that calls reinforcements, a fourth might be a kamikaze type, etc. Also, while he's played like 20ish hours already (justin's live feed), he's still only uncovered a small part of the game world from what the devs have said.
 
I've been watching a good amount of it on justin.tv and it does look extremely repetitive. I don't think I've seen an enemy type other than skags and bandits and the constant Fallout 3 wasteland environment is getting pretty tiresome as well. I enjoy the concept of a loot-based action FPS/RPG hybrid game, but it needs more than just loot, leveling and killing the same shit to keep me interested. I think I might go play Titan Quest again.


Are you worried about modern warefare 2 with its 9 standard weapons and 4 hours of singleplayer gameplay and repetitive multiplayer game play ?
 
I read somewhere the game has around 200 different monster types (not reskins).....

There seems to be a lot of hearsay surrounding this game - about how much content there is. What I don't understand though is why Gearbox is being so tight-lipped about the whole thing so close to release. If you have all these monsters, all these guns, and all these environments - release some screenshots already.

I've already gone in on a 4-pack, and I'm anxious to see what it's all about, but I remain somewhat skeptical.
 
There seems to be a lot of hearsay surrounding this game - about how much content there is. What I don't understand though is why Gearbox is being so tight-lipped about the whole thing so close to release. If you have all these monsters, all these guns, and all these environments - release some screenshots already.

I've already gone in on a 4-pack, and I'm anxious to see what it's all about, but I remain somewhat skeptical.

Just marketing IMO. It serves to drive up hype. They did the same thing with Paranormal Activity in a way, with how they had people "demand" for the movie to be played in their city. It worked.

People want what they can't have. It has definitely caused people to get piqued by the game. If there were tons of screenshots and videos out, people would just think it's another game. (My opinion of course).
 
IGN is bashed by lots of people. People are inclined to think IGN is biased in their reviews.

On IGN they have console players review PC games. That, right there, doesn't add up.

Just marketing IMO. It serves to drive up hype. They did the same thing with Paranormal Activity in a way, with how they had people "demand" for the movie to be played in their city. It worked.

People want what they can't have. It has definitely caused people to get piqued by the game. If there were tons of screenshots and videos out, people would just think it's another game. (My opinion of course).

Paranormal Activity sucked.
 
Wow, they actually scored prince of persia above Mass Effect? As much as I can see the game being repetitive....the justin.tv feed has me interested in the game.
 
Wow, they actually scored prince of persia above Mass Effect? As much as I can see the game being repetitive....the justin.tv feed has me interested in the game.

It's an Ubisoft game, the very definition of repetitive. I don't know why but Ubisoft can't make a game where every fucking mission/level is the same, just look at Far Cry 2 or Assassin's Creed.
 
Wow, they actually scored prince of persia above Mass Effect? As much as I can see the game being repetitive....the justin.tv feed has me interested in the game.

It only really gets repetitive once you start exploring every planet for minerals. Aside from that the story is absolutely fantastic and the action is really addicting. Definitely on the top of my best games list. :eek:

Can't believe IGN rated Price of Persia, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 (what?), and a wealth of Tom Clancy games higher than it.
 
It only really gets repetitive once you start exploring every planet for minerals. Aside from that the story is absolutely fantastic and the action is really addicting. Definitely on the top of my best games list. :eek:

Can't believe IGN rated Price of Persia, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 (what?), and a wealth of Tom Clancy games higher than it.

For a Tony Hawk game, 2 was probably the best and actually quite fun. Plus, best map editor of all time.
 
I was watching the live feed for a bit. Cant wait to play. Does anyone know what the mod support will be like?
 
I was watching the live feed for a bit. Cant wait to play. Does anyone know what the mod support will be like?

Hmmm, that's a good question, one that hasn't been answered for me; any know if we'll ever get the editor for the game?

Regardless of that, I'm still really hyped to play, haha!
 
im just wondering how my x2 4200, 9800gt, and 2g of ram will handle it....
 
Back
Top