• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

So, who's thinking about Borderlands?

What's there to do once you complete your second playthrough at level 50?

Well, that depends. Do you like the core gameplay? Does killing stuff to get to chests in the hope of getting that next awesome loot drop sound like something you'd enjoy? If so, then there's plenty of stuff to do. It's fun.

Or there's starting new characters. I find that the hunter class plays a bit differently from the soldier class (the two classes I've played extensively, my siren and brick are both still low level) so that keeps things fresh too.
 
When you hit level 50 you say, damn, I sure got my money's worth out of that title - and then you move on to something else. Risen, for example.
 
What's there to do once you complete your second playthrough at level 50?

Once you've beaten the finale in the 2nd playthrough, all enemies are automatically 49-51; so raiding for loot can be a bit tougher; and some bosses are replayable. Honestly though, at that point it's probably more fun to build another character.
 
As much as I like this game, the second playthrough feels mostly pointless to me. Maybe that's because I really did play the first playthrough very throughly. I left no stone unturned and I did absolutely every quest and sidequest that there was. Time for me to take a break from this game for a while. :)
 
As much as I like this game, the second playthrough feels mostly pointless to me. Maybe that's because I really did play the first playthrough very throughly. I left no stone unturned and I did absolutely every quest and sidequest that there was. Time for me to take a break from this game for a while. :)

I did the same thing as you did: every quest in PT1 and blazed through the ending to get to PT2. I felt like PT2 was a bit pointless, until I started facing double badmutha skags right outside fyrestone. Then the game got fun again since the challenge was upped big time and the loot drops were wonderful.
 
I did the same thing as you did: every quest in PT1 and blazed through the ending to get to PT2. I felt like PT2 was a bit pointless, until I started facing double badmutha skags right outside fyrestone. Then the game got fun again since the challenge was upped big time and the loot drops were wonderful.

That's true.

I've noticed that PT2 is a lot more difficult. I'm a level 42 Moredecai with a pretty bad ass sniper and pistol skills and guns to go with it and Bloodwing maxed out and it's all I can do to survive a lot of fights I've been in.

Somehow I just can't make myself stop playing so I guess that tells you something. ;)
 
That's true.

I've noticed that PT2 is a lot more difficult. I'm a level 42 Moredecai with a pretty bad ass sniper and pistol skills and guns to go with it and Bloodwing maxed out and it's all I can do to survive a lot of fights I've been in.

Somehow I just can't make myself stop playing so I guess that tells you something. ;)

Unless your stuff is hacked, I'm sure I have some better guns/snipers for you. Let me know and you can have them.
 
Anybody wanna help me level up? Im currently a level 20... crap forgot what clas. I only play for maybe an hour a day, only started playing it last week or so for a bit, got into it but kinda like the online play... PM me if your at like lvl 50 or so and wanna help me lvl up
 
recently got the game and have a Lvl 28 Hunter

game has been relatively easy for the most part. either snipe everything or run over everything, but hit a wall trying to do the final quest of the second arena. I just can't kill the 2 Lvl 30 big bandits fast enough, can't tank the damage, and can't hide.

definitely a fun game though

can anyone tell me what's the most expensive item in the game that can be bought? lost a lot of money trying to do that quest before giving up.
 
Most expensive I've seen was like 7 million, but there were reported glitches of items costing more than the displayed 9,999,999.

Something to keep in mind, is that you can keep collecting money past the displayed 9,999,999. The death penalty = 7% of your gold. I've died before and lost like 15 million.
 
are the chests in new haven the best way to get better weapons? I also know about the rare chest under the cliff in rust commons west, but I havn't gotten anything too good from there.
 
are the chests in new haven the best way to get better weapons? I also know about the rare chest under the cliff in rust commons west, but I havn't gotten anything too good from there.

I found my best weapons in New Haven but I was farming them.
 
WTF? Why did they add securerom to the DLC?

3rd-party DRM: SecuROM™
5 machine activation limit

So no protection at all on the main game, but freaking activation limits on the DLC? Makes no sense.
 
WTF? Why did they add securerom to the DLC?

3rd-party DRM: SecuROM™
5 machine activation limit

So no protection at all on the main game, but freaking activation limits on the DLC? Makes no sense.

I dunno, either. I am not getting it for personal reasons. I am fed up with GBX.

EDIT: They announced a second DLC already (with a release date) before the PC fanbase even got a date for their first DLC. It's not a coincidence in my eyes that after much bitching, we get our first DLC today. As far as I know, the only development company that can delay shit is Blizzard. GBX does not hold that luxury.

It's too little too late IMO. I will get the DLC when it's in the bargain bin for like 99 cents. Also, ennuii must be one of the worst forum mods ever. She's like a nazi on crack.

EDIT 2: While I'm going on a rant, how fucking hard is it to make some anti-cheat software addon for this game? I'm no programmer (I could ask my brother that got a CS degree from GA Tech I suppose), but how hard can it be to develop an addon that checks for character and item stats that the game cannot allow? The game has a level cap of 50. There needs to be a check for that. The game has a player cap for 45 skill points. There needs to be a check for this. The 'gun machine' has limits on what gun parts can combine with what gun parts. Some manufacturer components cannot combine with other manufacturers. There needs to be a check for this. The game SHOULD have a check on items to make sure they were spawned as an item drop and not obtained through a hex edit.
 
Last edited:
The hell with that. I saw that Steam update and couldn't hit the buy button fast enough. :D
 
DLC aside, does anybody else notice that Borderlands updates in Steam? Mine is updating... a patch was released as well?
 
Is there some special trick to actually playing this thing online? Harakmus and I have spent an insane amount of time trying to get online. In the game, with GameRanger, you name it. I've opened the ports on my router that Gearbox recommends...nothing. He's done everything right on his end as well. I'm at a complete loss.

Also, when I downloaded the DLC from Steam, everything took right, I went to run it and I got that same white screen verifier from whatever system is Borderlands uses to verify codes? I input the right code, it said it was invalid, so I hit the back button and cancelled out of that thing to reset it. I turned Steam off, back on, and I've never seen it again. Steam lists the DLC properly so I'm not 100 percent sure that DLC is ready to go or not.

The online issue has been there before taking down the DLC.
 
Yeah, a patch was released to provide compatibility for the DLC.

Actually from what I can tell, the entire DLC was downloaded to the original game. You just buy the key to unlock it. So it's on your PC whether you want it or not.
 
Actually from what I can tell, the entire DLC was downloaded to the original game. You just buy the key to unlock it. So it's on your PC whether you want it or not.

That partially explains what I saw.

So..if that activation thing glitched on me...does it even matter? Am I good to go?

EDIT: I'm going to load into Playthrough 1 and find out. :)



EDIT: It's there in the fast travel, when I used it, the game froze, up came the SecuRom prompt...I can't believe they're using this...and I couldn't do anything with it.

How do I get that POS up and running out of the game so I can just get this done?

Why in the HELL is anyone using SecuRom and what's the point in me even using a service like Steam if I'm going to see THAT crap?
 
Last edited:
Back
Top