• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

So, who's thinking about Borderlands?

Gearbox Software is proud to announce that its highly anticipated game, Borderlands™, has gone to "gold master" for the Xbox 360™, the PlayStation 3 and the PC. Published by 2K Games, Borderlands will be available in North America on October 20, 2009 on consoles and October 26, 2009 on PC and in Europe beginning October 23, 2009 for consoles and October 30th on PC.

http://www.gearboxity.com/content/view/497/33/
 
I already pre-order through steam, it will not be unlock until the 26th, no pre-load either :(.
 
supply problems would be my guess, manufacturer coulnt get enough of the PC version out in time for the dead line. Would you rather they wait till the 30th so it can be released on friday?
 
I love that you can take your single player character and play online co-op with that same character...you really own your charcacter and don't have to worry about restarting from the ground up when you want to play a different game
 
I'm really looking forward to this, ordered 2 copies for me and my girl. Hopefully it will be a game we will enjoy.
 
hopefully the game will live up to the hype...with so many 'big' games being delayed to Q1 2010 because of Modern Warfare 2 it's nice to see a new game being launched during this timeframe...the delay of MW2 (PC) by a few weeks could also end up helping Borderlands
 
Theres pvp in this, in the same sense as theres pvp in Diablo 2. That game got along fine, so im betting this game will too :)
 
I just preordered Borderlands at ebgames, can't wait for it's release. supposedly if you preorder there you get an exclusive weapons pack.. hmmmm
 
I just preordered Borderlands at ebgames, can't wait for it's release. supposedly if you preorder there you get an exclusive weapons pack.. hmmmm

For the PC version, it's not an exclusive weapon pack; all PC versions come with the weapon pack.

For console versions, that's different. You have to preorder to get them. On the other hand, anyone that has the weapons pack, can freely give the weapons out to anyone. Anytime you make a new character, it will have the weapons pack. They're not tied to the account that was created that had the weapons pack.
 
Theres pvp in this, in the same sense as theres pvp in Diablo 2. That game got along fine, so im betting this game will too :)


Even if it didn't, it has already been confirmed that Gearbox is working on DLC, and that it was not just content that they could not finish in time. It's new content. Also, the devs will cater future DLC around what the gamer's are asking for, which atm are:

More PVP options (different modes, more than 4 players, etc)
Auction house
Secure trading system

Could be any or all of those.
 
For the PC version, it's not an exclusive weapon pack; all PC versions come with the weapon pack.

For console versions, that's different. You have to preorder to get them. On the other hand, anyone that has the weapons pack, can freely give the weapons out to anyone. Anytime you make a new character, it will have the weapons pack. They're not tied to the account that was created that had the weapons pack.

ah, thanks man, i was kinda wondering what the deal was with that.. lol
 
Even if it didn't, it has already been confirmed that Gearbox is working on DLC, and that it was not just content that they could not finish in time. It's new content. Also, the devs will cater future DLC around what the gamer's are asking for, which atm are:

More PVP options (different modes, more than 4 players, etc)
Auction house
Secure trading system

Could be any or all of those.

These statements REALLY scare me. When the dev is already working on DLC and then says they will put in whatever you want, I start to think that the already finished product is severely flawed. Usually, the devs are all "fuck you if you don't like what's on the disc" and the rest costs extra.

The secure trading system should be in the game out of the box if they are aiming for Diablo-style items.

I have high hopes for this game, but I'm getting worried. Hopefully this isn't Hellgate redux.
 
These statements REALLY scare me. When the dev is already working on DLC and then says they will put in whatever you want, I start to think that the already finished product is severely flawed. Usually, the devs are all "fuck you if you don't like what's on the disc" and the rest costs extra.

The secure trading system should be in the game out of the box if they are aiming for Diablo-style items.

I have high hopes for this game, but I'm getting worried. Hopefully this isn't Hellgate redux.



Gearbox has made some good titles in the past
like counterstrike HL expansion like opposing forces and blue shift
iam not worried
I guess this is the gamble you take when you preorder games
if it sucks well you just wasted $33.75 or more
if its great then you got a great game for less than everyone else !
 
Lots of optimism in this thread.

I'm in for $33, but at this point I don't think I'd commit to any more than that. Shacknews finished the game and didn't care much for it.
 
Question: has there been any DLC confirmed for this game, console or otherwise? Any mention of post-release support?
 
Question: has there been any DLC confirmed for this game, console or otherwise? Any mention of post-release support?

Read a few replies up.

These statements REALLY scare me. When the dev is already working on DLC and then says they will put in whatever you want, I start to think that the already finished product is severely flawed. Usually, the devs are all "fuck you if you don't like what's on the disc" and the rest costs extra.

The secure trading system should be in the game out of the box if they are aiming for Diablo-style items.

I have high hopes for this game, but I'm getting worried. Hopefully this isn't Hellgate redux.

How does that scare you exactly? It's saying the devs will continue to support the game post-launch. That scares you? So TF2 was flawed as well right? I guess there shouldn't be unlockables for that game.

Gearbox has a strong track record. I only have to mention Brothers in Arms.
 
I can understand statements like that causing some hesitation, but I wouldn't take it as far as scaring me away from the game. But then I'm mostly a half glass full kinda guy :)
 
Read a few replies up.



How does that scare you exactly? It's saying the devs will continue to support the game post-launch. That scares you? So TF2 was flawed as well right? I guess there shouldn't be unlockables for that game.

Gearbox has a strong track record. I only have to mention Brothers in Arms.

There's a big difference between saying "we plan to support the game post-launch" and "we'll put in whatever you guys want, we promise!" The latter screams of something being wrong with the game, which they know about, right at this very minute.

There was nothing wrong with vanilla TF2, and the tweaks improved upon the game. It's not like they said "oh, by the way, we left out [list of features] but we'll listen to you guys, and put stuff in later," stuff which arguably should be in the game right now. Since the game has already gone gold, I'd say it is pretty easy to see why those statements would raise eyebrows. When RE5 came out without competitive multiplayer on disc, their answer was "fuck you," not "we'll do whatever you want."

Also, what Shacknews article are we talking about? I only see this one, which doesn't seem to be negative. http://www.shacknews.com/featuredarticle.x?id=1196
 
Hmm. Alright, I see your point of view. I suppose I'm just optimistic given Gearbox's track record. Then again I could be wrong. We'll just have to see when the game goes live.
 
Hmm. Alright, I see your point of view. I suppose I'm just optimistic given Gearbox's track record..

In my opinion that's what scares me. I'm not a big fan of Gearbox's work, and quite frankly I'm still pissed at them over the hack job that was Halo for PC.
 
check out the youtube game videos
I don't think anyone doubts it doesn't look fun (except for the anti-cel shading crew). I think most people are just a little once-bitten-twice-shy on the whole "Diablo but an FPS" genre.

I hope it's awesome, but I won't be pre-ordering until I see the console reviews next week.
 
I don't think anyone doubts it doesn't look fun (except for the anti-cel shading crew). I think most people are just a little once-bitten-twice-shy on the whole "Diablo but an FPS" genre.

I hope it's awesome, but I won't be pre-ordering until I see the console reviews next week.

Hellgate didn't fail solely due to the flaws of the game, it failed because you had to pay a fee to get full access to the game and they had a ton of problems right out of the gate. Not to mention they spent a good portion of their capital just getting the title developed they really were relying on people buying the game and then paying a monthly fee to keep them going. Gearbox is in a much better position financially and they're not forcing you to pay for anything online so that helps a lot.

The Giant Bomb Quick Look really convinced me to give it a shot, at least for $33. If the 4-pack wasn't there I'd probably wait until it went on sale or whatever. This way I'll have at least three people to play co-op with online as I don't really like just playing with random people.
 
does the co-op have the same objective as the single player?...meaning to find that hidden alien vault or whatever its called?...so if I finish the game first on single player then jump into co-op does that diminish the fun somewhat?
 
does the co-op have the same objective as the single player?...meaning to find that hidden alien vault or whatever its called?...so if I finish the game first on single player then jump into co-op does that diminish the fun somewhat?

Its the same story, but it looks like the game is designed to be played again with the same character (the level cap is 50, but that isn't possible to hit on the first go) not to mention with various different classes and playing online a lot with friends. Though, to be fair, that opinion is based on just one video on Giant Bomb since I've been on a bit of a media blackout with the game since I wasn't that interested in it until recently.
 
you can choose to roam around or do the story mode

i guess the game is very presistent and never ending or it regenerates differently all the time
 
Quick Look

http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-borderlands/17-1498/

It certainly re-raised my expectations. Although I'm still skeptical of the overall scope of this game: navigating narrow corridors while shooting not-so-intelligent-AI enemies. Hopefully the leveling system and loot will be enough to hold interest.

Jeff was having fun though, and that's enough endorsement for me to spend a mere $33.
 
Back
Top