• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

So, who's thinking about Borderlands?

I wanted to get it for 360 for 4 player coop but ofcourse I find out you can only do 2 player coop on same system
So I guess I'll get it for PC if it gets good reviews
 
Just finally got to watching the live stream from justinTV. I'm so ready for this game I want it now! Hasn't been a good FPS shooter out in awhile after COD4. I'm personally not a fan of the FO3 kind of game but much rather prefer this sort of wild crazy D2 style of gameplay.
 
Just finally got to watching the live stream from justinTV. I'm so ready for this game I want it now! Hasn't been a good FPS shooter out in awhile after COD4. I'm personally not a fan of the FO3 kind of game but much rather prefer this sort of wild crazy D2 style of gameplay.

Same here, I've been watching the live stream off and on between work and school. I can NOT freaking wait to play some; contrary to what many people said about Fallout 3, I personally didn't like it very much...like somebody mentioned earlier in this thread, it was mostly Stat-based. In my opinion, it was a RPG with a FPS skin over it.

Borderlands seems to be far more interesting to me. Fallout 3 minus most of the Stat Based stuff plus the loot factor of Diablo.

Man. I need to stop before I crap myself. I'm getting depressed that I have work/school all day when this game launches.

Goddamnit.
 
Glad to see everybody is getting excited about Borderlands! I'm hoping to get some great co-op going, but none of my IRL friends are remotely interested in gaming (besides shitty Nintendo Wii party games).

Steam name: timeoutforfun (yes, both my Steam nickname and my forum name are Devo references!)

Tonight I'll be adding everybody who posted their usernames in this thread. Get ready to kick some ass.
 
No demo is a dealbreaker on this.
I am looking forward to an equally long thread starting in about 5 days where people are like "omg this sucks" "fkn hype made me buy this", etc. etc. The business concept of Borderlands is to sell enough copies to recoup the cost before the Internet finds out that the game is meh.

Given the craptastic year that PC gaming is having so far, I'm going to disagree. I think folks will latch on to this and L4D2.
 
That's doubtful...

I stand corrected. I mixed up 9400 and 9800. I was thinking 9800 but I wrote 9400.

At any rate, the game is based off a modified Unreal 3 engine, so if you can run those games fine, there should be no problem.
 
I stand corrected. I mixed up 9400 and 9800. I was thinking 9800 but I wrote 9400.

At any rate, the game is based off a modified Unreal 3 engine, so if you can run those games fine, there should be no problem.

i've only played l4d and cs 1.6 on this macbook... what do you mean by those games?? i dont wanna spend like 35 bucks on this game and have a horrible experience
 
i've only played l4d and cs 1.6 on this macbook... what do you mean by those games??
He means games that use Unreal Engine 3. Some examples are Unreal Tournament 3 and Bioshock. Both of those games have demos available, so download them from somewhere and see what kind of performance you can get with your laptop. That'll give you an idea of how Borderlands will run.
 
just got it with 4 others on this forum. 35$ for a game like this seems like its a steal
 
So let me get this right, it is kinda like Diablo 2 where you can play your character on the same levels over and over to find different weapons to load out your character then you can take your character into death match arenas against people on other servers?
 
Looks better in motion than still, the graphical style really takes some getting used to. I'm starting to get more interested in this game.

Lilith = hot
 
Last edited:
Off on a slight tangent. If there is anyone on here UK based thinking of picking up the game, it can be pre-ordered for £19.99 (free delivery) from Blockbuster. Best price I've seen by a margin.

http://www.blockbuster.co.uk/product/pc//borderlands/237092.htm?PID=1546795&mpch=ads

Hm. Does the discount only apply for people in the UK? Im in Denmark, and I can preorder just about any other game, Dragon Age, MW2, the lot. But instead of "pre order" it just says "view details" under the Borderlands logo
 
Latest gamplay vids looks terrible to me. The gameplay seems very weak/boring and I just can't get past the cartoonish look. :(
 
Hm. Does the discount only apply for people in the UK? Im in Denmark, and I can preorder just about any other game, Dragon Age, MW2, the lot. But instead of "pre order" it just says "view details" under the Borderlands logo

The offer has been taken off by the looks of it. Sorry. I missed the deal too. Damn

It shows on this page with the price but when you click on it there is no Buy Now option

http://www.blockbuster.co.uk/buy/pc/games-consoles.aspx
 
Last edited:
Latest gamplay vids looks terrible to me. The gameplay seems very weak/boring and I just can't get past the cartoonish look. :(

oddly enough, I like the art style a lot, but I do agree with you on gameplay :( After doing some reading, it looks like there are no random NPC's (except for those that give quests) and/or populated towns and such. Traders are vending machines which is "meh" as well

I hope it has an epic story line, because it seems like it's nothing but a huge grind from start to finish. I hope I'm wrong because it looked like it could be a really good game. Reminds me a lot of phantasystar online for dreamcast (in offline mode)
 
You know, I was really critical on this game when they changed the artsyle. But it seems the more and more I watch these videos the more I am starting to get used to it. Not only that but the game looks to be pretty fun.
 
If anyone wants to play some co-op add s7raf3r@yahoo.com on Steam. My nickname is set to Gr1MReapeRAK, so it should change to that once you add me.

Just an FYI, I may not be able to play too much when it releases on Monday since I have an exam the next day. But after that, I'll be up for playing a good amount (especially since it's going to be after a test).
 
Back
Top