Post your workstations 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats the name of that racing seat frame called? I've never seen that before.

That's an Obutto. Here's mine, little messy - I'll clean up/update the photo tomorrow.

IMG_20110121_005117.jpg

How do you like the Obutto? I hear they are a little wobbly. Im considering getting one but they have gone up considerably in price. They are like 600 bucks now
EDIT:
do you think it's a viable replacement for a computer desk? I would be using it for racing but also graphic design.

How do you like the Obutto? I hear they are a little wobbly. Im considering getting one but they have gone up considerably in price. They are like 600 bucks now
EDIT:
do you think it's a viable replacement for a computer desk? I would be using it for racing but also graphic design.

I really like it, it's comfortable and the only wobble I can really think of is in a few very extreme situations with the force feedback set super high jerking the wheel back and forth really hard. I think it's only happened... once...

I use it for homework at times, they have a tabletop for it if you need to place paperwork on it. Graphic design would work out I think, there's a large keyboard/mouse surface that swings in.

I know these are some seriously craptastic photos but oh well.
IMG00036-20110121-0646.jpg

IMG00037-20110121-0647.jpg

Wife's machine is on the left, mine is on the right. I REALLY want to install a L shapped counter to give us more room but we just can't afford it at the moment.

Now that I really look at the picture, I guess I should have moved the chairs lol.

IMG00036-20110121-0646.jpg

Wife's machine is on the left, mine is on the right.

Aww... Couples computing. How cute. :p

You should have a picture of both of you computing next to eachother!

In our house we share a computer. Or rather, we share MY computer :p She get's more use out of it than I do these days, as she works from home semi-regularly. She seems to really appreciate the 30" monitor I rewarded myself with :p

Whats worse is that our house is so cramped that we don't have space for for a office anywhere, so the computer is in the bedroom...

...just like when I was 12....

nice setup.

lol i have a tablet too... i think i'm going to steal that nice idea of mounting it onto a desk mount and then using it's tablet abilities... lol

what is that mount called?

It's an ergotron lx arm with an ergotron notebook tray. I got mine on ebay ~4 years ago for $90 bucks.

Just an Acer H233H with the plastic shell removed and the keyboard is a Dell AT101w mechanical keyboard that I painted black. The paint is coming off the WASD keys and surrounding area. :eek:

I was kind of wondering if - for Eyefinity/nvidia surround setups you can take the bezels off monitors to limit the problem with the bezel in the middle. Maybe use some sort of plastic strip could be used to fabricate your own custom bezel...

Black electric tape works just fine for that purpose. There's a thread somewhere in the worklogs of somebody building a 2x5 monitor setup using this technique.

Black electric tape works just fine for that purpose. There's a thread somewhere in the worklogs of somebody building a 2x5 monitor setup using this technique.
Yea that is what I did. I wonder why they make monitors with big ass bezels when a thin one looks so much better.

In the last year I moved to a different case, GPU, PSU. Added a new receiver, monitor, speakers and desk chair....so time for new pictures :)

Antec P182 Case (might be moving down to a smaller case shortly...)

CIMG1204.jpg

HP2509m Monitor, Infinity Primus 162's, Harman Kardon 3490

CIMG1209.jpg

CIMG1211.jpg

CIMG1208.jpg

Zarathustra[H];1036734751 said:

In our house we share a computer. Or rather, we share MY computer :p She get's more use out of it than I do these days, as she works from home semi-regularly. She seems to really appreciate the 30" monitor I rewarded myself with :p

Whats worse is that our house is so cramped that we don't have space for for a office anywhere, so the computer is in the bedroom...

Lol yup. When we first started to game together I was a gentlemen and gave her my computer chair and I used a crappy dinning room chair. Just before we moved into our new house she bought me a nice new chair, the one on the right. :)

haha the shelf is zip tied together so its actually incredibly stable, and dorm insurance ftw, if that falls its considered accidental damage and i'm out my 25$ deductible

Zarathustra[H];1036734751 said:

lol
I'm trying to get the wife out off my home office.

Holy crap. Details on the wheel, please?

Sure thing, it's actually a G27 base and the wheel is completely custom. Made from plexiglass, modeled after a RedBull F1 wheel, there's two rotary encoders and 4 rotary switches along with 12 pushbuttons and an SLI-PRO display/controller. It shows gear, RPM, shift light, lap time, number of laps, fuel, speed, caution, pit limiter, pretty much anything you can think of. The guy that built it for me does custom designs, I still need to cover it with carbon fiber but I haven't had the time.

Here's a couple better photos of my 'workstation' it actually is pretty nice for productivity and the seat is awesome.

IMG_0378.jpg

Closeup of the wheel

IMG_0380.jpg

Sure thing, it's actually a G27 base and the wheel is completely custom. Made from plexiglass, modeled after a RedBull F1 wheel, there's two rotary encoders and 4 rotary switches along with 12 pushbuttons and an SLI-PRO display/controller. It shows gear, RPM, shift light, lap time, number of laps, fuel, speed, caution, pit limiter, pretty much anything you can think of. The guy that built it for me does custom designs, I still need to cover it with carbon fiber but I haven't had the time.

Here's a couple better photos of my 'workstation' it actually is pretty nice for productivity and the seat is awesome.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c382/svoshark/IMG_0378.jpg
Closeup of the wheel
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c382/svoshark/IMG_0380.jpg

AWESOME!! :D Im guessing you did all the work? Maybe have a worklog?

Very cool. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back