Help Support HardOCP and HardForum
HardOCP and HardForum users have been asking for a way to help offset our revenue losses due to ad blocking and many have specifically asked for us to set up a Patreon account, so here it is!
- Oct 29, 2000
- Likes Received:
- Trophy Points:
Pick your own.....you deserve it., Male, from Boston, MA, USA
W00t. I'm notable! :p Aug 29, 2016
- Home Page:
- Boston, MA, USA
My (mostly) Tech Creed (in no particular order):
- Quality Engineer, Medical Device
- My workstation is just that. A workstation. I may play the occasional game, but that is not the purpose of its existence.
- My primary OS is Linux Mint 18 Cinnamon edition. The only time I boot into Windows is for games. IMHO, it's the only thing Windows is good for these days.
- Playing games on the PC is superior to playing games on the console in 100% of every regard, to the point where even owning a console is a silly thing to do. I haven't owned one since the 80's and I'll never own one again. PC or bust.
- IMHO, the only place games belong are at a proper desktop at a proper desk, while seated in a proper office chair. I don't want any of this mobile or livingroom bullshit.
- Fast, twitchy deathmatch games are lame. They had a place in the 90's, but that was only because nothing better existed then.
- If you have to scale your desktop, you wasted your money. 4k Screens are great, but only if they are 40"+ in size. There is no need for more than 100 DPI on the desktop.
- 60fps is as high of a framerate you'll ever need. Above 60fps is placebo territory.
- Multi-GPU setups, be they discrete SLI/Crossfire or multiple GPU's on the same video card are all awful. I wouldn't use one no matter what.
- "The Cloud" is the worst thing to ever happen to tech/the internet. Devices should be standalone and controllable by their users without phoning home.
- Windows 10 is a nice OS. It runs smoothly. I just wish I could get rid of all the cloud nonsense, uninstallable Microsoft apps, and telemetry.
- I hate the term "gamer"
- I hate the term "battlestation" when used to refer to your PC setup.
- Patch your god damned OS/Software. If an OS is EOL and not receiving any further updates replace it with something else. It is inexcusable to run a system with known vulnerabilities.
- My first impression of people suffers if I see them using Apple devices. It makes me think they are less knowledgeable, and impressed more by shiny objects and marketing than substance.
- My mobile preference is for Android, but only for Nexus devices. Samsung/HTC/LG/etc. with heavily modified Android code receiving wholly inadequate security updates are just as bad as Apple products.
- 3D TV was definitely a fad, just like smell-o-vision.
- My jury is still out on whether or not the current VR hype is a fad or not.
- I'm all for social justice (seriously!), but if you use terms like "trigger warning", "safe spaces", "microaggressions", "cultural appropriation" or "the patriarchy" I'm sorry, but we can't be friends.
- If you support Trump for any political office, I'm sorry, but you are worse than the people I can't be friends with above.
- I've been waiting for AMD's resurgence ever since the initial Phenom launch in 2007. I haven't completely given up hope, but I am no longer holding my breath.
I don't troll. If you read something I have written, it is my legitimate opinion on a subject. This list will continue to expand until I have - through my legitimate opinions - succeeded in pissing everyone on these forums off
SignatureCorsair 750D Airflow, i7-3930K@4.8Ghz, ASUS P9X79 WS, 64GB, 400GB Intel 750, Pascal Titan X, 48" 4K Samsung JS9000, 2x Dell 2007FP, EK Supremacy EVO & Fullcover GPU, Alphacool XT45 420mm and Monsta 280mm, X-Fi Titanium HD -> Schiit Modi Multibit -> Jotunheim -> Sennheiser HD650, Denon AVR-x1300w, RBH 41se, SVS SB12-NSD
Server: 2x Xeon L5640 (12C/24T), SuperMicro X8DTE, 192GB RAM, 48TB ZFS
TV: Denon AVR-x3300w, Emotiva UPA2, Main: RBH SX6300, Cent: RBH 441se, Surr: RBH 41se, Subs: 2x SVS PC13-Ultra