Post your mining rigs!

planning to duct the exhaust fans out the window via dryer vent hose.

Pouring all that heat outside the window works!

IMG_20180201_053020 - Copy.jpg

20180206_182257.jpg

Mostly done. 5 1080ti's, 6 1060 6gb. 1 more spot for more 1060's. 2 RS 580's and whatever does not fit will go into a 4U case and put in the rack.

I've seen people use grow tents to isolate the heat and extract it directly without overly complicated duct work.

That's my plan. I have the tent all setup and ducting starting to be ran with 450 cf fan (figure with bends, I can still turnover the air inside the tent 2 times a minute) in preparation for summer heat.

Will have my second rosewill case filled next week. Here is the current setup

Attachments

• 20180208_220512.jpg
    20180208_220512.jpg
    371.2 KB · Views: 61
Some awesome rigs around here! I wanted a rackmount rig, so I built my own. Only 2 cards at the moment because they are too hard to find at a half decent price. I got lucky to even get 2 cards. Two GTX 1070 TI's mining ethereum.

lrg-4235-dsc_2040.jpg

lrg-4243-dsc_2042.jpg

lrg-4237-dsc_2048.jpg

lrg-4247-dsc_2066.jpg

Now that this is running and more or less set and forget, I will probably concentrate on looking for more cards, like spamming refresh on retail sites and hoping for the best. But I also spent way too much money on this, so I'm not sure I even want to spend more tbh, but if I come across a good deal then I may. By a good deal, I mostly mean a card that's actually selling at MSRP. :p

Would love to find a way to sneak a second PSU into my Rosewill LSV-4500s but.. :/

Yeah I saw that there are a few rackmount cases on the market but they seem to all be 4U which is not enough for a modern GPU because the power connectors stick out too much. I've seen some that have a hump on the back, but what's the point of calling it 4U at that point if you can't fit it in 4U of space. I originally was going to make mine 5U but messed up measurements and ended up 6U, but it worked out because I don't think I would have been able to mount the PSUs the way I did if I gone 5U.

Yeah I saw that there are a few rackmount cases on the market but they seem to all be 4U which is not enough for a modern GPU because the power connectors stick out too much. I've seen some that have a hump on the back, but what's the point of calling it 4U at that point if you can't fit it in 4U of space. I originally was going to make mine 5U but messed up measurements and ended up 6U, but it worked out because I don't think I would have been able to mount the PSUs the way I did if I gone 5U.
the lsv4500 is 4u and fits 7 gpus easily. Just a heads up.

the lsv4500 is 4u and fits 7 gpus easily. Just a heads up.

How does that work, are they held a different way or at an angle? When I tried to put a GTX 1070 in a 4U case the power connector sticks out too much.

Kind of hard to tell from this pic, but the card is flush with where the cover would be, so the connector sticks out. It's about an inch taller than where the L bracket gets screwed in.

How does that work, are they held a different way or at an angle? When I tried to put a GTX 1070 in a 4U case the power connector sticks out too much.

Kind of hard to tell from this pic, but the card is flush with where the cover would be, so the connector sticks out. It's about an inch taller than where the L bracket gets screwed in.

Here is my setup.

Attachments

• 20180209_224447.jpg
    20180209_224447.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 55
  • 20180209_224218.jpg
    20180209_224218.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 57
Interesting seems the cards sit lower in that case. Though I guess the motherboard standoffs do add some height, the risers are flatter. Maybe that's why. When I tried it I was just putting it straight in the motherboard as it was just a temporary setup.

Red Squirrel I feel whichever 4U you were using was mounting things higher.. or something.

Here is another LSV4500 build i am doing with some tall EVGA GTX1080 Ti FTW3s / SCs. Note that there is a SC in the motherboard slot.

IMG_20180210_234109.jpg

Newest build for a fellow [H] miner.

8x 1080 Ti EVGA SC2 / FTW3s on a LEPA 1600w unit ::::

+100/+352 @160w, ~1500w at the wall.

Equihash DSTM sample numbers: ~5.3 kSol @650-670 Sol. ~4.05 Sol/W average.

IMG_20180210_161320.jpg
IMG_20180211_174552.jpg

Last edited:
thebufenator It is a Rosewill LSV-4500 and a Spotswood GPU Drop-in bracket.

The case is roughly ~110, and Spotswood's bracket is 74 shipped.

Just got my new from china motherboard. Will let you know how it holds up!

Attachments

• 20180212_174538.jpg
    20180212_174538.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 47
Just got my new from china motherboard. Will let you know how it holds up!

how much did u pay? i'm curious to compare against us-market boards of the like in both new and used markets. was it significantly cheater than an ASRock H81 Pro BTC board? your board has an extra pcie slot as an advantage.

how much did u pay? i'm curious to compare against us-market boards of the like in both new and used markets. was it significantly cheater than an ASRock H81 Pro BTC board? your board has an extra pcie slot as an advantage.

Paid 85 but so far its giving me headaches! Bsods and device manager errors

Paid 85 but so far its giving me headaches! Bsods and device manager errors

ugh... :mad:

the asrock board can be had for $100 +/- $10 used...

thanks for taking one for the team and being the test-puppy for china-stuff. ;)(y)

Newest build for a fellow [H] miner.

8x 1080 Ti EVGA SC2 / FTW3s on a LEPA 1600w unit ::::

+100/+352 @160w, ~1500w at the wall.

Equihash DSTM sample numbers: ~5.3 kSol @650-670 Sol. ~4.05 Sol/W average.

View attachment 53834 View attachment 53835

i've always wanted to do this but my fear is that the cards can't breathe? they're so close together or is the constant airflow enough? this is great for space-saving but i prefer open-air and spaced out (assuming you have the space).

ugh... :mad:

the asrock board can be had for $100 +/- $10 used...

thanks for taking one for the team and being the test-puppy for china-stuff. ;)(y)

Yep Id probably recommend buying a used board that's known working.

i've always wanted to do this but my fear is that the cards can't breathe? they're so close together or is the constant airflow enough? this is great for space-saving but i prefer open-air and spaced out (assuming you have the space).

Yes - the trick here is that the heat is localized to the front of the case and evacuated almost immediately by the 3 fans up front.

Two things have to happen to make this whole deal work - 1) The fans are pushing air out of the front of the case 2) These fans move serious air.

Works great! This is actually build #5.

Yes - the trick here is that the heat is localized to the front of the case and evacuated almost immediately by the 3 fans up front.

Two things have to happen to make this whole deal work - 1) The fans are pushing air out of the front of the case 2) These fans move serious air.

Works great! This is actually build #5.

high cfm fans means noise; how's the noise level? is it like server-room noisy?

My case will be able to hold 8 but yeah they will be super tight. I have 3 200 CFM fans, I'm hoping it will be enough. They arn't installed yet though, I will be building a temperature controlled buck converter to power them.

With the existing fans the cards are hotter than I'd like, one is at close to 80 at times. I actually wonder if it would be worth to remove the shroud and fans off the cards so the heat sinks are fully exposed to the airflow of the case fans. The card fans run too slow and I can't figure out how to get them to run at 100% in Linux.

Lol, I think cjcox has the most expensive rig for sure

Oddly enough, the cost less than a 1080 Ti right now, and easier to obtain. And they generate less heat and apparently are more environmentally friendly.

What are you guys using to undervolt / power adjust all these NVidia evga's since precision xoc will not do it for more than 4 cards ?

Back