• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Playstation Vita Thread

Damn. Ninja Gaiden Sigma one of the best games from the last 15 years???? I must admit, I am intrigued.

Not necessarily just Ninja Gaiden Sigma, but all of the variations on the first Ninja Gaiden game. They released Ninja Gaiden for the original Xbox and later patched it with extra content called the "hurricane pack." Then they re-released that with some additional tweaks as "Ninja Gaiden Black."
Ninja Gaiden Sigma was a PS3 re-make of Black (with even more tweaks) that included a 2 new weapons and the chance to play as Rachel, a side character.

While they're all 97% the same game, there are some definite difficulty, balance, and gameplay tweaks to each that makes some people prefer one variant over the others.
 
Going to pick one up today? What memory size do I need? I won't purchase much off PSN, mostly retail cartridge games.
 
Going to pick one up today? What memory size do I need? I won't purchase much off PSN, mostly retail cartridge games.

If you're not going to use it for media storage either, 4gb would be enough for save data and a handful of PSN exclusive titles. I think the MSRP on those is only $14.99. Bump it to 8 if you plan on getting music and/or movies downloaded.
 
Ok thanks, I'll grab a 4GB for $10 off a friend. If I fill it up I'll look at a larger one. Suxks that their proprietary memory is overpriced. It's the only reason I held off buying one at launch.
 
Just sold my desktop (in sig) to get myself a development oriented Macbook, and partly cause I do not really game in my room anymore. I'm always on the go.

Went to Gamestop on break today a few hours ago, walked over casually to the PS Vita station (ok, no one was around, I ran like a dumbass cause I was excited to see it), and tested it for about 20 minutes. Walked out with the 3G/WiFi bundle that comes with the download + 8Gb Memory Card, Rayman, and never looked back. I hope there are some great titles coming out soon. I want this market to BOOM even more.

Not sure why I wrote down my life story, but the gist of it is, once you see it, and use it, you'll want it. I was only expecting to touch it, and walk away. I ended up testing it for a nice amount of time, and to top if off, buying it. Feels like a SOLID purchase.
 
Here's a question for you guys... how do you hold your Vita? I find that I rest my fingers on the rear touchpad. It's a feature I think they shouldn't have even included (thereby reducing costs and overall price of the unit). I don't see how it can be used effectively, it was a huge chore to use in Little Deviants.. and I've only heard it was good for Fifa.

Claw, like how I hold the PS3 controller (dispite not having a PS3 anymore). It's the only way I can hold the dual analoug positioning of the Vita without sore hands (which is why games that use the rear touchpad rather annoy me).
 
It is a little awkward to hold...but it's 100x better than the 3DS. My thumbs gravitate to the d-pad and buttons, just like on a PS3 pad.
The problem is that more and more games are using the analog sticks, which renders that less comfortable than it should be.
MS had the right idea with the 360 controller. If 95% of games are going to use an analog stick, why not put it in the most logical place your fingers reach to?
 
I finally bought mine tonight...just couldn't resist any longer. Got the wifi and 8gb...

then I started my gamefly account back up. :)
 
Interesting. I like that trigger grip item as the system is clearly designed to focus on the d-pad, yet the analog is usually what you're using. I might have to get one of those.
 
They announced an MLB the Show bundle that has the PS3 and VIta version for $80.

Not too shabby, I think I am going to go pick up the bundle.
 
Question: is it supposed to interrupt downloads when the screen goes to sleep?
 
going to get a wifi Vita for $240 with uncharted, extra accesories (trigger grip) and 8gb memory
i hope thats a better deal than the $225 wifi with rayman and virtual tennis 4 + 4gb
 
going to get a wifi Vita for $240 with uncharted, extra accesories (trigger grip) and 8gb memory
i hope thats a better deal than the $225 wifi with rayman and virtual tennis 4 + 4gb

Nice deal. But how where and when?
 
So I fiddled with one yesterday on a display for 20 minutes... Then walked out 500 bucks poorer, but with this little gem. Picked up Ninja Gaiden and Hot Shots - considering the last NG I played was The Dark Sword of Chaos, it's come quite a ways :p. I went crazy on the PSN also, picking up FF Tactics, Disgaea, Guilty Gear, and Ultimate Ghosts and Goblins.

What an amazing little device. I skipped the 3G BS and just went with the WIFI version - applied the difference to a 32GB memory card - those things are going to be sony's cash cow on this thing I imagine.
 
How do PSP games look and play?

some look pretty dam good like ghost of sparta, tekken 6, soul cal, gta china town, exit. little big planet, everybodys tennis, patchwork heroes.

Some look like shit, mainly the minis like field runners, savage moon, motorstorm arctic edge, mgs peacewalker.

im slowly getting down my 50 psp games and deciding which ones to keep on the vita, i keep em all on if there was a 64-128 gb card lol

If you long press on the screen whilst the psp game is on you can put some filtering on which helps a tiny bit.
 
Cool, thx. Was looking for sports games - football/basketball (no soccer).
 
very nice find !

im jealous!

guy forgot his charging cable so he reduced the price down by $20 but it thought, he traveled pretty far and i live pretty close to where we met that I'll take $10 since cables shouldnt be that much.

PERFECT condition system
Comes with Game case
Travel case
Uncharted
8gb Card
Trigger and screen protector

uncharted is amazing
love the system, its SUPER fluid
 
seriously... im too lazy to search... but we cant transfer UMD games to the vita right?
 
Picked one up over the weekend, put a couple of hours in. Rayman is amazing, classic 2d platformers can't be beat. Debating whether I should drop another 40 bucks on Lumines or wait for the price to come down some. And, grr, the back catalog of PSP titles on the PSN store is so darned tempting, but having to pay full price for games that are a couple of years old (and also available elsewhere for cheap!) is kinda hard to swallow.
 
So i've had my 1st Edition Bundle since the 17th. I bought it, Uncharted & Rayman, then bought Escape Plan on PSN. So far i've beat Uncharted, i'm working through Rayman & Escape Plan and I downloaded some demos (Mod Nation Road Trip & Unit 13). Uncharted was awesome, as they all are. Yes the controls got a little annoying at times, but I had a genuinely great experience with the game. Rayman & Escape Plan are also tons of fun. The demo for Unit 13 though completely blew me away! Definitely buying it tomorrow. Overall very happy with my purchase and I can see getting some serious use out of this thing.

BTW, yes I did say I have the 1st edition and didn't mention Little Deviants. The game is HORRIBLE. I really regret getting the 1st edition just because of that game, though I do like the limited edition hardcase that came with it. I also have not use the 3G at all, strictly wifi.

Has anyone found a way to charge the PSV using a USB port on a computer, or possibly an external battery with a USB port?
 
Has anyone found a way to charge the PSV using a USB port on a computer, or possibly an external battery with a USB port?

That's been the only way I have charged my Vita, the socket attachment is still taped up. I just plugged it in my laptop and let it sit there. It's USB so it's not a quick charge but it works. I do have the connector software installed on my laptop but I don't think that makes a difference since all it does is let you make a backup of your memory contents.
 
Back
Top