• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Playstation Vita Thread

I bought it today. Went to best buy and bought it with a 32 gig sim card. The 2 games I wanted, lumines and rayman where out of stock. I bought a Bose headset to go with it. I stop by gamespot and they had the games I wanted. So I bought them there. First impressions are the screen is very nice and it feels very sturdy. I installed a screen protector and been playing it for a few hours. Stardust is a great game I recomend that as a must buy.
 
Recently picked up a Vita as well. I got it mainly because it has international access to the US PSN store and the lack of a region lock.

Since I currently live in Japan, English games are either hard to come by or expensive to import so having the digital service is a perfect for me. Being able to essentially import the games for cheaper than I could buy them here is great. And they're in English :D

I bought Uncharted and Wipeout 2048 in store, since they have multi language support. Uncharted has never really struck me as a great game, but this one is ok (looks really good). The touch screen implementations are a pain and really should have been left out. But otherwise it's a decently fun game.

Wipeout 2048 is awesome. The graphics are really stunning.

I'm getting Rayman soon (waiting on some PSN codes), but I played the demo and loved it. I absolutely love sidescrollers and I feel like this will be my go to Vita game.

Downloading the Lumines demo now.

Overall, I'm very happy with the purchase. It was a bit steep in price, but it provides the experience I want so I figured why not. The battery could be better, but I won't be playing it more than 40 minutes at a time (maybe 2 hours tops in an entire day), so I'll manage. I bought a 16gb card with it. I'll probably get a 32GB sometime in the future, though the games aren't that large.

I am still hoping for PSone game support, since I have quite a few of those purchased on my PS3. I also think it would be really awesome if Bethesda did an Oblivion or Morrowind port. I feel like it could handle a low settings Oblivion, definitely could handle Morrowind.
 
Just finished Uncharted, was a pretty good game - especially for a launch title. Just some of the touch controls implementations.. got annoying near the end lol!

Overall, good game.. just not as good as the console ones.
 
I am loving super stardust delta and hot shots golf! Both are fantastic.

I am really pumped for MLB the show, that is going to be awesome on the Vita.
 
Just finished Uncharted, was a pretty good game - especially for a launch title. Just some of the touch controls implementations.. got annoying near the end lol!

Overall, good game.. just not as good as the console ones.

i started playing uncharted today
i'm amazed how good game looks and this is launch title
 
I played with it in the Sony store and never waited so long for a uncharted & Wipeout demo to load. Much longer than Infinity Blade 2. I lost interest with it right away and stuck to my iphone for now
 
Load times aren't too bad. Especially when the graphics look better than infinity blade.
 
I can't stop playing Lumines.
This is truly the comeback the game needed.
Everything about it is damn near perfect.

Also, it has Aphex Twin's Windowlicker in it. Ultimate win.
 
Load times aren't too bad. Especially when the graphics look better than infinity blade.

Wipeout 2048 loadtimes are some of the worst I've experience in recent gaming, makes Skyrim for the PS3 look speedy.

Uncharted though has been between fast and normal, and the Rayman and Lumines demos both load pretty fast (I'll be purchasing the full games tonight, but I imagine they won't be any different).


I can't stop playing Lumines.
This is truly the comeback the game needed.
Everything about it is damn near perfect.

Also, it has Aphex Twin's Windowlicker in it. Ultimate win.

I feel like Lumines and Rayman are the real stand out launch titles. They're truly fun to play (though it is true that they're both available in some form or another on other platforms) and Lumines looks breathtaking on the Vita's screen.

Anyone have any opinions on Modnation Racers? I never played the PS3 version of it, I might check for a demo tonight. Mavel vs. Capcom looks pretty cool, though I've never been that into fighting games. How does it compare to Super Street Fighter 4 for the 3DS in terms of speed? BlazBlu or w/e looks like it's a bit too fast paced for me considering how noobish I am with the genre. I like the characters and think that it looks fun, though it may be a wait 3 months and get it cheap on ebay kind of title for me.
 
Modnation got no real online. Avoid imo

That would have been a definite buy for me on launch day had it just had 4 player multi. Can't believe they launch a kart game w/o online play. PS3 version was so much fun.

Im spending all of my time playing Hot shots golf and UMVC3.
 
Uncharted games always have long load times - the 3 games on the PS3 are notorious for starting up really slowly. This one's no different.
 
Uncharted games always have long load times - the 3 games on the PS3 are notorious for starting up really slowly. This one's no different.

yer the initial load time of golden abyss is long but after that its no concern.
 
I don't really like Lumines, though I kinda view it as a glorified tetris derivative. Rayman was never what I liked (but, 2-1 and nothing else was up, lol).


Wipeout 2048, however... :D :D
 
I'm glad you found it. That game went through 2 pressings from what I've seen and even then it was damn near impossible to find. I got lucky, because I found a used copy at a gamestop, and I haven't gone to a gamestop in 3-4 years. Must have been fate.....

Persona 4 will make me buy/rent/steal a vita.
Mostly for the new soundtrack. Meguro-san is a genius. You should check out the anime in the meantime, really enjoyable. Still, cant make myself get one just for one game.... We'll see how things are by then...

rjfdxi.jpg


There's my copy :)

Before I opened it, for once in my life, I appreciated Worst Buy.
 
Blargh. My copy of Ninja Gaiden either got stolen out of my mailbox or the post office lied about delivering it. Grrr.
On the plus side, I really liked the Unit 13 demo. The controls are great.
 
Went to best buy westside - sold out.
Called best buy eastside - only had one 3g device in stock.
went to Target on westside - sold out.
last ditch effort - walmart in a part of town where cops shot a guy in the parking lot for trying to run over them with his car and they had 2 wifi's left.

$267.46 later and I'm walking out with my head on a swivel and my wifi vita double bagged so nobody could see what I was carrying and praying my car was still where I parked it.
 
Dive stores are always the best for hunting down new hardware.
I have a K-Mart and a Sears near my house that haven't seen a 1/4 full parking lot in a decade.
 
I played with it in the Sony store and never waited so long for a uncharted & Wipeout demo to load. Much longer than Infinity Blade 2. I lost interest with it right away and stuck to my iphone for now

trolololol
 
Wipeout 2048 loadtimes are some of the worst I've experience in recent gaming, makes Skyrim for the PS3 look speedy.

Uncharted though has been between fast and normal, and the Rayman and Lumines demos both load pretty fast (I'll be purchasing the full games tonight, but I imagine they won't be any different).




I feel like Lumines and Rayman are the real stand out launch titles. They're truly fun to play (though it is true that they're both available in some form or another on other platforms) and Lumines looks breathtaking on the Vita's screen.

Anyone have any opinions on Modnation Racers? I never played the PS3 version of it, I might check for a demo tonight. Mavel vs. Capcom looks pretty cool, though I've never been that into fighting games. How does it compare to Super Street Fighter 4 for the 3DS in terms of speed? BlazBlu or w/e looks like it's a bit too fast paced for me considering how noobish I am with the genre. I like the characters and think that it looks fun, though it may be a wait 3 months and get it cheap on ebay kind of title for me.


Modnation is okay but not great. No reason to buy it if you already have PS3 or PSP version. BlazBlue is amazing, still trying to find my own copy. UMVC3 is tons of fun and way better than SSF4 on 3DS. Ninja Gaiden is great too.

As for the Wipeout load times, weren't they fixed with a patch? You can download patches on the second vita screen rigth before you launch the game.
 
Modnation is okay but not great. No reason to buy it if you already have PS3 or PSP version. BlazBlue is amazing, still trying to find my own copy. UMVC3 is tons of fun and way better than SSF4 on 3DS. Ninja Gaiden is great too.

As for the Wipeout load times, weren't they fixed with a patch? You can download patches on the second vita screen rigth before you launch the game.

Never thought to check for a patch. I'm not a huge fan of the game, I'll probably keep it just to show what the Vita is capable of, though. It is quite pretty.

Rayman and Luminese are eating up my time. I downloaded UMvC3, but I haven't gotten around to playing it yet. I must say that I am really liking the PSN store on the Vita. It's pretty easy to browse and much better than that crap program I had to use for the PSP (don't know if it's still required or if there's a decent built in store yet, I stopped using it around a year ago).

If they keep the prices on the store even somewhat competitive, I'll be golden. I bought the Tales from Space blob game and Super Stardust Delta, both are remarkably good and definitely worth the price.

One thing I think Sony should do is open up their Mini's area to independent developers so that it's more like the Android Market / iOS App Store. That would give the Vita some real staying power. There is literally nothing a smartphone can do, in terms of gaming, that a Vita can't, so even if that were the way of the future for portable gaming, the Vita can still be competitive. Sony just needs to open up a bit.
 
In you all's opinion is the PS Vita worth purchasing based on the titles out now? Is it that much more fun that say some of the decent iphone games that are out now?
 
In you all's opinion is the PS Vita worth purchasing based on the titles out now? Is it that much more fun that say some of the decent iphone games that are out now?

If you like fighting games, racing games, Rayman or Lumines, and you don't own any of them on other consoles, then I think it's totally worth it. Granted, I had never played Rayman Origins or Lumines before, and I'm absolutely adoring them.

While I'm not a huge fan of review sites, I do think IGN has been pretty good at rating the launch titles at least, pretty much spot on for me in terms of the ones I have tried (Uncharted, Rayman, Lumines, Super Stardust and that blob game, they haven't rated Wipeout 2048 yet).

If you sort their list by score, you can get a pretty good view of how the games stack up. But in the end, it's the standard launch line-up, with the exception of maybe more titles than most launches. There aren't any MUST HAVE games really, though there are some promising titles on the horizon; I'm mainly looking at Final Fantasy X and ZoE HD (admittedly remakes, not really console sellers) and then Bioshock and CoD for the Vita.

I had a 3DS (almost exactly a year ago) and I really enjoyed it, to the point of defending it a little too much in the 3DS thread, but in the end I didn't enjoy it enough to keep it. I have yet to see if that'll be the case for the Vita, it's too soon. I can say, in that regard, that I'm spending a lot less time showing people how cool a part of it is (which I did with the 3D on the 3DS) and a lot more time just playing the games.

Also, I don't feel quite as jilted by the launch titles and being told to wait until Summer for a game that I was actually interested in. The only launch title for the 3DS that I got my money's worth, in terms of length of game play, was the turn based Tom Clancy game. Everything else was done in either 2 hours or 3. This was out of the Tom Clancy game, Pilotwings Resort, Lego Star Wars and Super Street Fighter 4. I have been playing my Vita pretty much non-stop (outside of an hour for dinner) after work every day so far this week, not to mention the 4 or 5 hours I put in on Sunday, and I haven't completed (or grown too tired of) any of my games yet. To me, that's a good sign.

I will probably get a 3DS when I'm back in the states (though I'm still waiting on the inevitable dual stick version, now that that fugly extension has been released) and pick up Star Fox 64 and OoT.

Whether it's worth it on its own merits is hard to tell. My portable gaming has been done, primarily, on two devices before the Vita: my iPad 2 and my Galaxy S II. At this point, it's about on par with the iPad 2 in terms of game fun (mainly because of the number of quality titles on the iPad). It blows the hell out of my GSII, though, that's for damn sure.

Sorry for the length of the post, I did trim it down from a really long post to just a long post.

tl;dr - Like Fighters, Racers or Lumines? Then yes. Otherwise, maybe.
 
Here's a question for you guys... how do you hold your Vita? I find that I rest my fingers on the rear touchpad. It's a feature I think they shouldn't have even included (thereby reducing costs and overall price of the unit). I don't see how it can be used effectively, it was a huge chore to use in Little Deviants.. and I've only heard it was good for Fifa.
 
Here's a question for you guys... how do you hold your Vita? I find that I rest my fingers on the rear touchpad. It's a feature I think they shouldn't have even included (thereby reducing costs and overall price of the unit). I don't see how it can be used effectively, it was a huge chore to use in Little Deviants.. and I've only heard it was good for Fifa.

i feel the same about rear touch
and yar i rest my fingers on rear touchpads like you do
 
Here's a question for you guys... how do you hold your Vita? I find that I rest my fingers on the rear touchpad. It's a feature I think they shouldn't have even included (thereby reducing costs and overall price of the unit). I don't see how it can be used effectively, it was a huge chore to use in Little Deviants.. and I've only heard it was good for Fifa.

Same here.

I had to disable the rear touch pad in superstar dust cause I kept activating the special weapons. Its a pretty stupid feature imo but whatever, ill just keep disabling it.
 
Same here.

I had to disable the rear touch pad in superstar dust cause I kept activating the special weapons. Its a pretty stupid feature imo but whatever, ill just keep disabling it.

Yea. I'm hoping it gets used well at some point, but I'm doubtful.

I also rest my fingers on it.
 
Well, I was in luck. My Ninja Gaiden showed up last night. I guess the USPS mis-delivered to my neighbors who were nice enough to take it over to me.

The game is essentially a port of the PS3 NG Sigma, but there's now a touch-screen interface for aiming the bow. They also fixed the issues with vsync tearing as there's none here.
In terms of the game, it looks and plays great and is as hard as ever. I'll never understand why they made the first boss so damned hard. I bet 1/2 the people that bought the game must've given up right then and there. I'm decent at the game and he's still a challenge, especially sans health potions.

Anyway, it's a fan's only game. If you have any other version, this one's no better or worse. However it is an absolutely perfect port of one of the best games from the last 15 years, so take that for what it's worth.
 
Sales are looking good, it sold 620,000 in the first 2 weeks. Thats better then the 3DS opening before the price cut.
 
Damn. Ninja Gaiden Sigma one of the best games from the last 15 years???? I must admit, I am intrigued.
 
Back
Top