Playstation Vita Thread

Skype is out today on the PSVita, Make sure you guys test it out.

I saw some vids on Engadget and it looks really well implemented. I'll get my hands on a Vita probably next year when they game library is more dense.

So I'm considering getting a VITA. What are some good action/adventure/rrts/pgs out for it so far?

I had to list my Vita for sale in the FS/FT section...I just don't have time for any gaming right now. I am about to start building a house. Plus, there are no Sports games coming out for it that I want. *NHL or NCAA Football. So I might as well sell it and throw the money towards my house :p Great system though as long as there are games that are interesting to you.

I still like hot shots but I put mine in the FS/FT section too lol. I think I am going to keep it now though, just started playing hot shots a lot again.

Some damn games need to come out for it though!

Still holding out hope that some good games are coming out soon.

i wanted to buy one BADLY. But i looked at the upcoming game selection and was less than impressed.... for the kind of dough this baby cost , i couldnt justify the purchase for now.

Don't play mine much anymore either. I need some new games to revive this thing

mine just collects dust to be honest.

my fiance and I both have one we are waiting for littlebigplanet so we can play together.. plus resistance looks DOPE. I am definitely getting gravity rush.

resistance looks dope but idk its close to diablo 3 so we'll see.

FF-X HD will be an amazing addition as well.

mine just collects dust to be honest.

my fiance and I both have one we are waiting for littlebigplanet so we can play together.. plus resistance looks DOPE. I am definitely getting gravity rush.

resistance looks dope but idk its close to diablo 3 so we'll see.

FF-X HD will be an amazing addition as well.

WHen FF-X hits, I'm getting another. Couldn't justify the purchase with the mediocre line-up at the moment.

I just picked up mortal kombat today and I like it so far. I can't wait for FFX as well, and resistance looks pretty good. I'm on board for all of that.

I just finished RAID mode in Resident Evil Revelations so I'm game for more portable gaming.

Persona 4 Golden Sun just got announced for a US release in Fall 2012, I'll be buying a Vita when or before its released.

Bought Mortal Kombat and its been stripped down graphics wise in a big way. I just dont really see it as fun. MVC3 is 10 times better in my opinion. Kinda regretting the vita as there are just no games on the horizon.

I got my vita for when I work out of town\state and don't use it much since non of the games really make me want to play them. Put alot of time in stardust delta but not recently. I have uncharted\marvel capcom\ninja gaiden\unit 13\rayman\ and I picked up mortal kombat and modnation racers today. Not that impressed with MK. Only played one race in modnation. Skype works fine. Haven't had a chance to use it over 3g yet maybe i'll test that tomorrow.

been enjoying mine a great deal - will be getting Mortal Kombat whenever I get some time. I've been playing Lumines and Unit 13.
I don't know why everybody is complaining about the lack of games - I already have a backlog and I play mine daily but its not like I'm playing 24/7.
I still have a few games I plan on downloading off PSN (hello Grand Theft Auto!) and looking at the release schedule we get Resistance, Gravity Rush, Little Big Planet, Lego Batman 2 in the next couple of months.

The graphics on MK are not the PS3 that's for sure, but they are pretty good I think, except for the zoom in for a taunt line part. They could have used a bit of polish I think, bring them up a tad more, but if you play with the video settings you can get it pretty nice, and most of the camera action is through the fighting, at which range the models look good at 60 FPS

Actually I've been using mine to play back catalog PSP titles. Put in about 80 hours or so into Persona 3 so far..

I don't know why everybody is complaining about the lack of games - I already have a backlog and I play mine daily but its not like I'm playing 24/7.

We are not complaining about games, we are complaining about good games which there are almost none.

Actually I've been using mine to play back catalog PSP titles. Put in about 80 hours or so into Persona 3 so far..

thats what im doing right now. working on the 2 god of wars. just picked up uncharted.

My Vita is in the box most of the time,I dont mind I'm more of a collector anymore then anything.

I have a PSP with homebrew enabled, which is mostly what I use it for. Would it be useful to get a Vita at all for me?

I have a PSP with homebrew enabled, which is mostly what I use it for. Would it be useful to get a Vita at all for me?

If you use it for true homebrew, not yet. Apparently Sony will be opening it up a bit, iOS style for a sort of easy to access for developers store. Could be cool, but (as far as I know) it's not enabled yet.

If you have it for playing PSP games, then I have to say that the prices I've seen for PSP games isn't too bad in the Vita store thing. But you will be paying vs. having the option to not pay with the modded/cracked PSP.

If it's for piracy/playing back ups, then as far as I'm aware that's not possible on the Vita yet. So I wouldn't get it to do this.

You'll have better battery life, and be able to do more of what you want (I think) with a PSP. So the Vita may be a pass for you for now.

I really want a Vita but it needs better games for me right now. I really would like a really good FPS to be released on it that I can play online vs Vita and PS3 users. a good (J)RPG would be nice as well.

It definitely a tempting device to buy though!!

If you use it for true homebrew, not yet. Apparently Sony will be opening it up a bit, iOS style for a sort of easy to access for developers store. Could be cool, but (as far as I know) it's not enabled yet.

If you have it for playing PSP games, then I have to say that the prices I've seen for PSP games isn't too bad in the Vita store thing. But you will be paying vs. having the option to not pay with the modded/cracked PSP.

If it's for piracy/playing back ups, then as far as I'm aware that's not possible on the Vita yet. So I wouldn't get it to do this.

You'll have better battery life, and be able to do more of what you want (I think) with a PSP. So the Vita may be a pass for you for now.

I should have been more specific. I am mostly talking about NES, SNES, and Genesis roms and emulators. Know if that's possible yet?

Anyone else interested in Ragnarok Odyssey? I think it looks kinda cool, from the perspective of never really playing a Monster Hunter type game.

Patiently waiting for Jet Set Radio / Madden / Call of Duty (multi-player hopefully) & NBA 2k

My vita comes in the mail tomorrow! Looking forward to some MLB The Show!!

So, is getting a Vita worth it? I've been debating, but there's nothing fun to play except Wipeout. :(

Back