• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Playstation Vita Thread

I want one...really bad...because like ya'll I am a gadget whore...

I know I would probably end up selling it in a couple weeks...I don't even have time to play the games on my phone, I don't know when I would have time to play games on the Vita....but I still want one..

But I think I have enough willpower, that someone like me bought it already...and I might be able to get a pretty good deal in a couple months on a used one...
 
Anyone know if you can track the 3g data usage on the device itself?

You can.

Also, when I got my 3G at Best Buy yesterday there was a sticker on the box that said limited time offer, 8GB memory card, free game voucher and free month when you sign up for 3G service with AT&T. I thought that meant you'd have to sign up before they sent you anything and hope you actually get it, but the 8GB card was in the box. I mean, I think just getting the 8gb card for free without even having to activate 3G makes it worth getting the 3G over the wi-fi model.
 
No way its making 2012 in US with a jpn June release.
Wheres Devil Survivor 2? Oh ... right...

I love Atlus but.... reality really fucks with hope...

I have penitence for good games. Meanwhile I got a 3DS for my birthday and went out looking for Devil Survivor overclocked and it was very difficult to find, makes me think I should of bought 2 and left one unopened. Voice acting in the game isn't bad at all I thought it would be something just half assedly slapped in.
 
You can.

Also, when I got my 3G at Best Buy yesterday there was a sticker on the box that said limited time offer, 8GB memory card, free game voucher and free month when you sign up for 3G service with AT&T. I thought that meant you'd have to sign up before they sent you anything and hope you actually get it, but the 8GB card was in the box. I mean, I think just getting the 8gb card for free without even having to activate 3G makes it worth getting the 3G over the wi-fi model.

sorry, how exactly do you do it is what i was asking? :)

NVM found it. Settings/System/Usage.
 
Last edited:
Just finished switching out all the background images and lock screens to game of throne themed images. Looks pretty awesome!
 
So to report back on my impressions...

I got to play Rayman Origons for a while last night. The game looks amazing on the Vita screen. Very crisp and colorful game. The gameplay is really fun. I like how the gameplay flows through the levels. Kind of like Sonic where you get some momentum going and pretty soon you are flying accross the screen. The game is worth the money IMO.

I think the UI of the Vita is solid. It is simple but attractive to the eye. Some people dont like the shiny bubbles but I like it. I did not notice any kind of video lag or hitching of any kind. The system is very responsive and snappy to touchscreen input. I really like how you can pause a game and go out to the main menu to do whatever then resume your game at any time. I also like the download manager. If you have mulitple downloads going on, you can touch the upper right corner of the screen to see the progress of your downloads. I just like how easy it is to get to.

We also tried out the Netflix app. I had no problems tieing it to our Netflix account and streaming movies from the queue. Movies looks excellent on the Vita sceen. I think Sony chose a good size where it is not too small or too big to enjoy a movie on.

So far I am really impressed with the system. My son absolutely loves it. His only gripe about it thusfar is the back touch pad. I think his hands are too small to effectively use it right. He really did not like the control scheme for the Little Deviant game.

I think I will pick up the Uncharted game tonight. I see it getting great reviews.
 
Last edited:
Dude, that looks sick! Did you go to that ps vita themes website to do all that??? Looks nice!

@Skittzle, glad you're liking your Vita! I'm currently playing Uncharted (And a bit of UMvC3/Hot Shots Golf), the game is pretty good. It's awesome for a launch title, (but the console brethren is still better).

I found them in this thread on neogaf.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=462902

The game of thrones ones were on page 8.
 
i am also thinking about purchasing a Vita too, Thanks for the thread, it gave me alot of answers.
 
I have penitence for good games. Meanwhile I got a 3DS for my birthday and went out looking for Devil Survivor overclocked and it was very difficult to find, makes me think I should of bought 2 and left one unopened. Voice acting in the game isn't bad at all I thought it would be something just half assedly slapped in.

I'm glad you found it. That game went through 2 pressings from what I've seen and even then it was damn near impossible to find. I got lucky, because I found a used copy at a gamestop, and I haven't gone to a gamestop in 3-4 years. Must have been fate.....

Persona 4 will make me buy/rent/steal a vita.
Mostly for the new soundtrack. Meguro-san is a genius. You should check out the anime in the meantime, really enjoyable. Still, cant make myself get one just for one game.... We'll see how things are by then...
 
I ordered a copy of SMT: DSO off Bestbuy.com of ALL places, when they had it for a reasonable $40 in November.

Talk about coming the full circle.

To be honest, I'm glad seeing these SMT and Persona games get so many releases, they are one of the most underrated and undervalued series in all of gaming, short of Sega's Shining Force series.
 
I've actually never got into Shin Megami Tensei, I might pick it up if they ever release it in the states for the Vita.
 
Me three. I think this one will probably get more use than the 3DS, though. The larger screen, PS3 compatibility, and additional capacity makes this head more into "multimedia device" territory.

Except I already have an iPad which is wonderful for multimedia consumption... Sigh.
 
Except I already have an iPad which is wonderful for multimedia consumption... Sigh.

Heh, don't get your hopes up on this. The PS Vita is only marginally nicer than the old PSP was on media format compatiblity, and transfering 1GB of songs to a 32GB PS Vita card took the better part of an hour for me (and iTunes could punch the same deal onto my iPhone 4S in around 15min or so).

Netflix takes forever to startup, and the web browser (Netfront) is horrid.
 
Heh, don't get your hopes up on this. The PS Vita is only marginally nicer than the old PSP was on media format compatiblity, and transfering 1GB of songs to a 32GB PS Vita card took the better part of an hour for me (and iTunes could punch the same deal onto my iPhone 4S in around 15min or so).

Netflix takes forever to startup, and the web browser (Netfront) is horrid.

I did not think netflix took that long to start up and watching vidoes on this thing is much nicer than watching them on my iPhone.

I do agree that the web browser is complete trash though which is a shame. I really hope they update that.
 
I did not think netflix took that long to start up and watching vidoes on this thing is much nicer than watching them on my iPhone.

I do agree that the web browser is complete trash though which is a shame. I really hope they update that.

I cannot even get Netflix to work over 3G on my PS Vita. Have to be in WiFi range for this, though I did post about that either a few pages back, or on OCN's PS Vita thread. To me, that alone makes it worse than the iPhone version. Otherwise, my iPhone *does* startup Netflix and start streaming faster wifi vs wifi.

EDIT: however, I do really like the stereo speakers (for basically, for when I'm in a quiet area, but don't have headphones). It makes quite a difference vs the single speaker on the iPhone.
 
I cannot even get Netflix to work over 3G on my PS Vita. Have to be in WiFi range for this, though I did post about that either a few pages back, or on OCN's PS Vita thread. To me, that alone makes it worse than the iPhone version. Otherwise, my iPhone *does* startup Netflix and start streaming faster wifi vs wifi.

EDIT: however, I do really like the stereo speakers (for basically, for when I'm in a quiet area, but don't have headphones). It makes quite a difference vs the single speaker on the iPhone.

If it doesn't work well over 3g than I agree iphone netflix > vita's. I still have not activated my 3g, was planning on doing it tomorrow. Do you think the 3g's even worth activating? Netflix was the main reason I was going to do it.

I plan on converting some videos with handbrake and loading them onto the memory card.
 
If it doesn't work well over 3g than I agree iphone netflix > vita's. I still have not activated my 3g, was planning on doing it tomorrow. Do you think the 3g's even worth activating? Netflix was the main reason I was going to do it.

I plan on converting some videos with handbrake and loading them onto the memory card.

On handbrake, the high profile setting works fine. Just reduce the resolution to fit (if it's DVD res, then just leave it be). Streams upto 8mbits (at least, I haven't tried higher) work. Just make sure to *not* check iPod 5G compat, since that names the files with m4v extension, which makes the PS Vita not happy. MP4 extension, it's fine. I actualy dunno if the file structure of m4v and mp4 are different, so I don't know if simply renaming the file after the encoding works.

As for Netflix, yeah, I think a few other people on psvitaforum.com did note this, too. No netflix over 3G (and no fake 4G, even, no HSDPA+, just HSDPA... why? dunno, however, the internal HW is the same across the world, same modem chip, yet the Japanese market gets HSDPA+. My bet is for the "lower pricing" of the plans, Sony was forced to make a sideways deal with AT&T).

As for whether it's worth it. Well... I dunno if this applies to all 3G models, however, on mine, I get one free month + Super Stardust Delta after the first paid month. Since the 3G is otherwise useless to me (bad browser [same company who made the 3DS web browser :eek:] and no 3G netflix sealed the deal for me). So 15usd for a 30usd game and a free month was good enough for me to sign up another number. For just one month, though. I'm not paying for another month.
 
Yeah that sounds terrible, I can't believe they wont even let you use netflix over 3g. That was the only reason I was even considering.
 
Yeah that sounds terrible, I can't believe they wont even let you use netflix over 3g. That was the only reason I was even considering.

Well, I can see why, someone I know was a normal 600mb a month in the past, yet once he got a LTE device with a big screen (more importantly, a big screen), it spiked to 2.8GB a month, almost all netflix (traveling alone is lonely :().


Though why this limitation on the already heavily limited accounts? I'd bet on AT&T setting requirements on Sony for getting a "deal" on ripoff 15usd/25usd plans (both of which are cheaper than other options in their "pricing tier"). Egh. whatever, I'm not keeping my 3G plan at all. At least I got a GPS chip out of the deal (since it's built into the celluar modem :p).
 
Anyone try getting Amazon to price match BestBuy/Target's b2g1 promotion? Amazon's list of games is the shortest, and for various reasons I'd much rather shop on Amazon.
 
Anyone try getting Amazon to price match BestBuy/Target's b2g1 promotion? Amazon's list of games is the shortest, and for various reasons I'd much rather shop on Amazon.

Amazon won't price match, but I think they had the 2-1 recently, somewhere a few pages back in this thread.
 
are any of the PSP final fantasy games worth playing? were there any FPS on PSP?
 
Well, I can see why, someone I know was a normal 600mb a month in the past, yet once he got a LTE device with a big screen (more importantly, a big screen), it spiked to 2.8GB a month, almost all netflix (traveling alone is lonely :().


Though why this limitation on the already heavily limited accounts? I'd bet on AT&T setting requirements on Sony for getting a "deal" on ripoff 15usd/25usd plans (both of which are cheaper than other options in their "pricing tier"). Egh. whatever, I'm not keeping my 3G plan at all. At least I got a GPS chip out of the deal (since it's built into the celluar modem :p).

Yeah if you are paying for the data plan why cant you use it to do whatever you want? I think you get 2gb or 3gb for the $25 plan which is plenty to watch a little netflix.

I guess ill have to stick to watching netflix on my iPhone.
 
I've only just figured out which icon means theres a patch available for a game. No stuttering on ridge racer now, and some extra bits on wipeout!! Oh it's the bright icon on the left on the games screen before you load it.
 
I've only just figured out which icon means theres a patch available for a game. No stuttering on ridge racer now, and some extra bits on wipeout!! Oh it's the bright icon on the left on the games screen before you load it.

The one with a down arrow :)


Hey... I just found out from the PS blog, there is a quick settings menu if you press and hold the PS button :eek: Allows for quick setting brightness, and allows you to set (what seems to be) a seperate music volume, and allows you to resume the autopaused music while playing a game :p


Between this and my TF101 getting ICS, today is starting off great :D
 
are any of the PSP final fantasy games worth playing? were there any FPS on PSP?

in terms or original none remake titles I wasn't a big fan of any of them. But the story in Crisis Core is pretty fantastic assuming you have played ff7, but the game its self was just ok.

Dissidia is not really a final fantasy and I didn't like it.

The newest one Xiii agito looks promising but not sure if it will even be released in the states its been so damn long they announced this game like 5 years ago.
 
I've only just figured out which icon means theres a patch available for a game. No stuttering on ridge racer now, and some extra bits on wipeout!! Oh it's the bright icon on the left on the games screen before you load it.

did u import ridge racer?
is there really only 3 tracks?
i really want a new ridge racer, but i only see bad things about that game.
 
did u import ridge racer?
is there really only 3 tracks?
i really want a new ridge racer, but i only see bad things about that game.

Ridge racer is on the psn here in the uk. Theres a 4th track now which was a free dlc. Loads of free music downloads for the game also. There was horrible framerate issues until the patch, now its smooth. Theres no career mode but there is leveling up etc. Wipeout is a much better purchase. Ridge Racer is good if you ask me, even though ive played all the others to death!
 
the gameplay will always be good, its just namco really lost it with this one.
should have packed a photo of a middle finger with the game just to show how much they think of fans. the franchise is a joke with this type of release. they should have made a proper title, a full game.
 
That's what I noticed about the Ridge Racer series, Namco re-releases those games to death without any real upgrades, it's like their version of Madden, only it's a racing series.
 
hows the version of lumines on the vita?

was my fav game for my old PSP
 
ok question. Games like Wipeout 2048 on PSN do you have to buy the online pass along with the game over PSN?
Or do you get the online pass with just the game purchase? Not talking retail, talking about PSN purchase.
 
Back
Top