Playstation Vita Thread

Love my Vita. Add me if you want BZN4LC4PON3

f6628ebe_IMAG0165.jpg

0cb084e7_IMAG0163.jpg

Is there a decently protective PS Vita case that is thinner than the FEB case? I'm having a heckuva time transporting this via pocket, lol.

Hmm... what about those fabric sleeves? I think those are probably as thin as they get, haha.

Is there a decently protective PS Vita case that is thinner than the FEB case? I'm having a heckuva time transporting this via pocket, lol.

My favorite so far has been the RDS Game Traveler case. There are 2 variations that I have seen.

Variation 1: Available at Walmart and Toys R US, comes in three colors (Black, Dark Gray, and Blue), $19.99

http://www.walmart.com/search/search-ng.do?search_query=vita+deluxe+case&ic=16_0&Find=Find&search_constraint=0&se=endeca&

Features - Hard rubber like exterior shell. Game wallet that can hold 16 games. Metal clip and optional wrist strap, interior strap used to remove Vita easily, and game wallet can be used as a viewing stand.

toysrus2.jpg

Walmart/Toys R Us(Variation 1) on bottom, Target(Variation 2) on top.

toysrus5.jpg

toysrus6.jpg

toysrus7.jpg

toysrus8.jpg

toysrus9.jpg

Variation 2: Available at Target, comes in 2 colors (Gray, and Blue), $19.99

Not listed on Target's site, but you can check for stock using this link. http://sites.target.com/site/en/spot/mobile_fiats.jsp?title=fiats&dpci=207-00-0154

Features - Nylon like exterior shell. Same features as Variation 1, but with an added accessories pouch under the top lid.

case4n.jpg

Here's a size comparison picture of the two variations. The Target (Variation 2) version is thicker than the Walmart/Toys R Us (Variation 1) version. This is due to the added accessories pouch and the Nylon shell.

toysrus3.jpg

Hot shots is amazing. That was the first game I purchased!

Got mine this weekend and love it so far. Hot shots is great.
I must confess, I MAINLY got this thing JUST FOR Hot shots golf. I am ashamed to say this, but I just love that game.

Hopefully I will find more to love beyond this one game!

I bought the top version case from Target and have been happy with it. It's small, sturdy, and holds 16 game cards + a USB cable. I hated most PSP cases, but have been happy with this one since day 1.

Got mine this weekend and love it so far. Hot shots is great.
I must confess, I MAINLY got this thing JUST FOR Hot shots golf. I am ashamed to say this, but I just love that game.

Hopefully I will find more to love beyond this one game!

So far I have hot shots and MLB the show and love both.

Probably going to pick up uncharted soon.

Anyone gotten their PSN code for the free Super Stardust yet? Asking 3G owners. My plan renewed yesterday, so its now into my free month but havent seen anything yet.

Yup, I had the FEB so I didnt even think I was gonna get the Super StarDust offer, I thought that was normal 3G's only. I got mine on the 15th, one month after I got it so it should be pretty instant I would think.

I already bought mine tho, with the extra DLC, so I have no use for the code. Am I able to transfer it (it's just a PSN code right? like the DLC cards you get in stores?) to someone else?

Pretty fun, good twin stick shooter, looks GREAT! on the Vita screen, can get annoyingly addictive if you chose to chase the trophies lol, few of them take a bit to get

You want it?

Also, Alcapone, I added you on my PSN on my Vita.

EDIT

O yea, Unit 13 is actually really fun, sleeper hit for sure. It's awesome to get this level of game on a portable. Co-op mission based shooter, like 30 missions to choose from, leader boards, daily challenges, and so much fun lol.

O yea, it's also got full VOICE CHAT! Everyone has voice when they play because of the mic in the Vita, but it's so much better with a headset/mic. I didnt even know there was a voice chat option in the game because it's not listed anywhere then all of a sudden some one laughed during a game and I heard it and was like wtf? You get voice chat from the game lobby so you can both pick out the right gear for each other, in game, and in the scoring section.

Last edited:
STill havent gotten Super Stardust code from ATT, altho my free month did activate and is currently working fine.

Hmm. It should be in your email. Check spam folder maybe? I got mine that day so this is odd, sry man

STill havent gotten Super Stardust code from ATT, altho my free month did activate and is currently working fine.

It would be sent to the email address you used for the AT&T account. I got my code about 1 week before the first month expired.

It would be sent to the email address you used for the AT&T account. I got my code about 1 week before the first month expired.

yep. Lotso folks complaining over on the boards that they still havent received em.

Just sold mine (bought first day w/ Rayman + Starter Kit, 3G version). I couldn't justify keeping it when it was getting no use, and Rayman and HotShots were the only interesting titles. I couldn't see anything interesting on the horizon either. PS3 will keep me busy until some more interesting games (to me) start coming out and that may justify another Vita purchase.

C'mon next gen consoles!

I haven't turned mine on in over a week.

Basically what my dilemma was. My arguments were that I did not have enough time AND that not enough interesting games (to me) were available at this moment in time. I found that I DID have time, always had time. 30min-1 Hour of time were always there, it's just that I really did not want to play the same 2 games over again, so it never really got turned on. Hopefully the next few months change that (looking ahead on some sites, doesn't really look like it), but I'm doubtful. If there's a nice change, I'd gladly get one again.

Yeah I am not playing much...but I am waiting for NCAA Football and/or NHL 13 to come out for it...then I will be playing it all the time...

I am looking at getting a VITA and have for a while but the lack of games or any decent games on the horizon are making me second guess. Whats the point of great hardware that does nothing.

I am looking at getting a VITA and have for a while but the lack of games or any decent games on the horizon are making me second guess. Whats the point of great hardware that does nothing.

Exactly. Give it a few months. Maybe the PSN store will have some good re-makes, that might make it worth it at least. But for now, I really don't think of it as a great investment. Don't get me wrong, it's a great system and a great leap. Hardware is nothing without software.

I don't play mine all that much at home, it's more for the 20-40 minute train rides to work that I have a fewe times a week. I'm actually enjoying playing some of the PSP games that I didn't play. I have a PSP, but I actually only used it to play SNES/NES games. It seems I keep buying the next console, only to play the games from the generation before it.

Definitely haven't touched Uncharted since I bought it. It's fun, but it's too "serious" to play on a commute. Lumines and Rayman have been pretty good, since they're decent for 5 or 40 minutes bursts. I actually wouldn't mind a Portal 2 or Left 4 Dead port. It definitely needs some FPS's though. Also accessibility to indie devs.

The "serious" Vita games just aren't my kind of games, and I'm getting bored of the more casual/quicker games.

I might buy a vita as soon as I'm finished with devil survivor 2 so I can play Disgaea 3, PS3 never did get enough RPG's for me to buy it.

Yeah I am not playing much...but I am waiting for NCAA Football and/or NHL 13 to come out for it...then I will be playing it all the time...

Found out both of these aren't coming for the Vita this year...

Guess I will be selling it, and hoping that they make it next year.

Just got disgaea 3, wasn't really my thing at first, I was more into the serious tone of final fantasy or tactics ogre, but I'm starting to get into the combat system of it and kinda like it now.

I highly recommend Jeanne d'Arc if you haven't played that. Not sure of the vita compatibility though but it was one of my favorite psp games.

Back