New cards in July

First looks like the guy has lost a lot of weight.

Second I highly doubt Nvidia is going to confirm with him something new is coming out. Even if they did I doubt they wouldn't make him sign an NDA so he couldn't say anything. Anyone really thinks Nvidia is going to admit anything new coming out and then he can tell eveyone on youtube? lol

Nvidia is not going to admit anything and hurt the sales of current products. I am not sure what else he expected when he called nvidia.

whether something is coming out in a few months of towards the end of the year. Nvidia is not going to let anyone make a youtube video about it when its not even announced. LOL

He almost died, but is recovering.

He almost died, but is recovering.

Yea I figured it was something, I think last video I saw of him he looked fairly healthy. I figure health related but I don't follow up wondering what happened. Hope he continues to do better.

Will they mine well? If so, maybe the price of 580's will go down to where I can afford one!

Probably quicker, probably a bit more efficient, sure. Worth flipping an entire farm over? Naw.

My 55 1070/1070Ti/1080s all do great at 100-120w. They double up the price of my electrical even as of this post, with BTC @ a very low point.

I HODL, but things are still quite nice for NVidia GPU miners.

I googled it. looks like he has diabetes. Lost both of his feet it seems. One before and one recently.
oh shit I didn't know aboot that part. recently it was his neck(T3/4 I think) fucking him up and he couldn't eat.

I think 1080ti is going to be the card that last people years before they need to upgrade. LOL. I mean I am not sure games are going to be that demanding unless everyone has 4k monitors. Even then it really gives you damn good frames there too. Nvidia kind of outdid themselves with the pascal series. I am not surprised when they said they were surprised lol.
Nah, a lot of us ARE running 4K. Been running it since 2014 and a single 1080TI isn’t enough to get a solid 60FPS.
I’ve been waiting out Pascal for a long time hoping for more.
This isn’t a case where the 1080TI is some miracle card, it’s a case where nV has been able to sit on their laurels with little competition.
For me, the 1080TI was obsolete before it was released.
The 1180TI will hopefully bring us much closer to a single card solution for 4K.

Nah, a lot of us ARE running 4K. Been running it since 2014 and a single 1080TI isn’t enough to get a solid 60FPS.
This isn’t a case where the 1080TI is some miracle card, it’s a case where nV has been able to sit on their laurels with little competition.
The 1180TI will hopefully bring us much closer to a single card solution for 4K.

I doubt you'll get a 1180Ti right out of the gate though. More likely an 1180 that is comparable to slightly faster than the 1080Ti with the 1180Ti coming 6-12 months from now.

Haha. I bet you say the same think when 1180ti is released. 1080ti was solid card. It’s not about getting 60 FPS all the time. It’s about playable settings.

Yes a lot of people here may be. But not a lot of people in general are running 4K. 1080ti is the first card that respectable at 4K.

It’s not a miracle card. It’s a damn decent card. I think you are in select few who believe 1080ti was obsolete before it was released.

I doubt you'll get a 1180Ti right out of the gate though. More likely an 1180 that is comparable to slightly faster than the 1080Ti with the 1180Ti coming 6-12 months from now.

Yep. Likely.

I think the 1180 will be about 15%-25% faster than the 1080 Ti overclock to overclock. About like the 1080 was to the 980 Ti.

Of course the TI card will follow the 1180, as per usual.

Haha. I bet you say the same think when 1180ti is released. 1080ti was solid card. It’s not about getting 60 FPS all the time. It’s about playable settings.

Yes a lot of people here may be. But not a lot of people in general are running 4K. 1080ti is the first card that respectable at 4K.

It’s not a miracle card. It’s a damn decent card. I think you are in select few who believe 1080ti was obsolete before it was released.

Nope - the 1180TI should fit the bill. And yes, I'll be able to play a lot more games at 60FPS with the settings I want with an 1180TI vs a 1080TI - duh.

Nope - the 1180TI should fit the bill. And yes, I'll be able to play a lot more games at 60FPS with the settings I want with an 1180TI vs a 1080TI - duh.

you have been running 4k monitor for 4 years? By what you are saying you have waited almost 4 years to truly enjoy the monitor? I would rather have gotten a 1080ti and turn down ultra to high on some games rather than wait 2 years. If you know what I mean. You must have some tremendous patience to wait out pascal lol. I always buy, sell and upgrade rather than wait years. Because once you wait you always tend to wait. 1080 ti gives damn good frame rates at 4k at ultra in most games those it doesn't, turn down a setting or two and enjoy. 1180ti comes out, sell it and get that if there is a big difference in performance.

I think 1180 ti is likely another 8-12 months out by the way nvidia is moving.

I am assuming you have been doing multiple cards till now? Regardless though 1080ti has been damn good for a single card.

I think the 1180 will be about 15%-25% faster than the 1080 Ti overclock to overclock. About like the 1080 was to the 980 Ti.

Assuming the 1180Ti is at the level of the Titan V, that'll put the 1180 right in the middle between the 1080Ti and the 1180Ti.

I would rather have gotten a 1080ti and turn down ultra to high on some games rather than wait 2 years. If you know what I mean. You must have some tremendous patience to wait out pascal lol. I always buy, sell and upgrade rather than wait years. Because once you wait you always tend to wait. 1080 ti gives damn good frame rates at 4k at ultra in most games those it doesn't, turn down a setting or two and enjoy.

That is a good point. My cards getting pretty long in the tooth and I'm have to experiment with settings for the first time in a year or two and honestly in every game so far, if I didn't know it, I would never notice the difference between max settings and a custom setting.

You can leave textures at max then trim a few of the other settings and still get excellent image quality but at a much lighter draw in your GPU and with 4K you can cut AA pretty much off saving a ton of GPU draw with no IQ penalty.

That is a good point. My cards getting pretty long in the tooth and I'm have to experiment with settings for the first time in a year or two and honestly in every game so far, if I didn't know it, I would never notice the difference between max settings and a custom setting.

You can leave textures at max then trim a few of the other settings and still get excellent image quality but at a much lighter draw in your GPU and with 4K you can cut AA pretty much off saving a ton of GPU draw with no IQ penalty.

Yea man, I used to blast everything to ultra, but at 4k between high and ultra I truly have not seen much difference at all. Its something hard to notice unless you point out. Usually depth of field etc, and its hard to tell. That's why I recommend if you are close to 50+ range turn down a setting for 4k and you can easily be above 60+ and not even notice the actual difference.

you have been running 4k monitor for 4 years? By what you are saying you have waited almost 4 years to truly enjoy the monitor? I would rather have gotten a 1080ti and turn down ultra to high on some games rather than wait 2 years. If you know what I mean. You must have some tremendous patience to wait out pascal lol. I always buy, sell and upgrade rather than wait years. Because once you wait you always tend to wait. 1080 ti gives damn good frame rates at 4k at ultra in most games those it doesn't, turn down a setting or two and enjoy. 1180ti comes out, sell it and get that if there is a big difference in performance.

I think 1180 ti is likely another 8-12 months out by the way nvidia is moving.

I am assuming you have been doing multiple cards till now? Regardless though 1080ti has been damn good for a single card.

SLi’d 980Ti’s for the majority of it - and a single 1080Ti is a sidegrade. I’m looking forward to a single card that can offer greater performance than my 980Tis. Did not want to do SLi again.

SLi’d 980Ti’s for the majority of it - and a single 1080Ti is a sidegrade. I’m looking forward to a single card that can offer greater performance than my 980Tis. Did not want to do SLi again.

That is true. But I think 1080ti game play experience should be definitely better than 2 980s. And given how everyone is going away from multi card setup your best bet is to wait. I will probably skip the next round if I can exercise the itch to upgrade and stick with the 1080 ti for a little while longer. LOL

I hope nvidia this time doesn't just go for a side upgrade. Pascal was pretty damn good generational bump. Nvidia did say even they were caught by surprised. So It may be that we don't see the same jump again but we do see better performance/watt.

What games do you play that can't maintain 60fps? The only game I own that cannot hit 60 is Star Citizen. Every other title easily does 60fps.

Again, some of us like the eye candy AND holding solid at 60FPS. Tons of games can still bring a 1080TI to its knees at 4K. You don’t even have to crank full settings - just add some AA and other stuff and you’ll dip into the 40s. Just look at the avg frame rates on all of the reviews at 4K - pretty easy to see the 1080TI doesn’t do a solid 60FPS. The info is all there on the game and card reviews.

Again, some of us like the eye candy AND holding solid at 60FPS. Tons of games can still bring a 1080TI to its knees at 4K. You don’t even have to crank full settings - just add some AA and other stuff and you’ll dip into the 40s. Just look at the avg frame rates on all of the reviews at 4K - pretty easy to see the 1080TI doesn’t do a solid 60FPS. The info is all there on the game and card reviews.

Adding AA at 4K is irrelevant though like I said. You can crank up settings but not all settings are noticeable. If you look image quality on some games there is no difference between top setting and one below it other that little things that are hard to notice and need to be pointed out on side by side comparison.

You can add AA at 4K but I don’t think it’s needed since resolution is so dang high already.

Ofcourse LoL! I doubt 1180ti will crank 165fps+ in every game at 1440p.

But it’ll crank it out on more. :cool:

Maybe I am getting old but I am in the same boat as you NKD. My 1080ti does way more than I need (past diminishing returns) and I don’t see myself upgrading for a long long time.

But it’ll crank it out on more. :cool:

Maybe I am getting old but I am in the same boat as you NKD. My 1080ti does way more than I need (past diminishing returns) and I don’t see myself upgrading for a long long time.

well looks like no cards today atleast lol. I will enjoy the 1080ti until next year and decide whats out then. or may be they will announce it soon who knows. Jensen can do what he wants at this point lol. May be computex!

Last edited:
One thing this whole mining price craziness has shown me is I don't need 60fps 4k to enjoy gaming, and I certainly don't need to be paying a huge premium for underutilized power. I sold both my 1080 tis last month for a hefty profit and reverted to a single 780 ti (and now a Vega 64 in a barn-buster sale). I'm fine playing at "only" mostly high settings until something worth stepping up to comes along -- and I don't see a cut-down refreshed Pascal at $800+ being that.

One thing this whole mining price craziness has shown me is I don't need 60fps 4k to enjoy gaming, and I certainly don't need to be paying a huge premium for underutilized power. I sold both my 1080 tis last month for a hefty profit and reverted to a single 780 ti (and now a Vega 64 in a barn-buster sale). I'm fine playing at "only" mostly high settings until something worth stepping up to comes along -- and I don't see a cut-down refreshed Pascal at $800+ being that.

I do like my 1080ti for VR. If it wasn’t for that I would likely have a 1070 or Vega 56.

You can add AA at 4K but I don’t think it’s needed since resolution is so dang high already.

LOL! Nothing is further from the truth. AA is about relative DPI.
I game near field with a 43. AA is absolutely needed.
What an absurd statement.
Only a dumb dumb playing at 4K on a 27 or something silly might say some such nonsense.

Only a dumb dumb playing at 4K on a 27 or something silly might say some such nonsense.

Well I think all the reviewers are dumb too that say it’s hard to tell jagged edges as the resolution increases and I am certainly not a dumb dumb playing at 4K 27 inch, I am at 4K 32 inch display though.

Hey I guess there wasn’t a way for you present your argument without insulting someone’s intelligence right? Everyone is a warrior behind a a keyboard I guess.

If AA at 4K is difference between playable and non playable at 4K. This dumb dumb is shutting off AA to get smoother experience.

LOL dumb dumb.

Yes, if you're gaming on a 55" TV then AA might help. But since most everybody else is on a 32" or smaller screen, cutting it off saves a ton of GPU load at no loss of image quality.

For some historical perspective, was the 980ti starting to show its age when the 10 series was announced?

980ti was still a good card. and I am sure people were content with it. But did it give you decent frames at 4k? nope! So we are kind of comparing apple to oranges. Yes I expect 1180 ti to be faster than 1080ti no doubt. But I will consider it when I see it. Until then I will enjoy the 1080ti.

I would be more than happy to see 1180ti be 50% faster than 1080ti. But I will be waiting another year or 2 before upgrading again.

980ti was still a good card. and I am sure people were content with it. But did it give you decent frames at 4k? nope

dude what is this weakass nonsense everyone keeps churning out.

"It did not give decent frame rates at 4k."

.....for what? Either you are being intentionally obtuse or you don't understand that half the puzzle is the games for which a video card is used. Do you plan on playing modern titles in 2019 or did new games end in 2018 and everything after that will be crap?

I don't see anything that suggests that GPU requirements will be outpaced by GPU performance starting last year. It's going to be like it's been for ages, new games up the bar at about the same rate that new cards come out. This used to be the case for CPUs as well but since about the 2600k's release things on that front have slowed down a lot.

Nothing I've written is really news or mindblowing or shocking, some people just seem to not acknowledge it for reasons I don't understand.

Yea man, I used to blast everything to ultra, but at 4k between high and ultra I truly have not seen much difference at all. Its something hard to notice unless you point out. Usually depth of field etc, and its hard to tell. That's why I recommend if you are close to 50+ range turn down a setting for 4k and you can easily be above 60+ and not even notice the actual difference.

In general high vs ultra high these days is a small difference. Occasionally I watch some youtube videos to find a certain something and I am amazed to see Playstation controller prompts. Even the console versions (although with youtube compression) aren't that much worse looking. Seemed to be the trend starting around 2012. Before 2010 or so a game at low vs high was essentially night and day. It would look like an entirely different game.

dude what is this weakass nonsense everyone keeps churning out.

"It did not give decent frame rates at 4k."

.....for what? Either you are being intentionally obtuse or you don't understand that half the puzzle is the games for which a video card is used. Do you plan on playing modern titles in 2019 or did new games end in 2018 and everything after that will be crap?

I don't see anything that suggests that GPU requirements will be outpaced by GPU performance starting last year. It's going to be like it's been for ages, new games up the bar at about the same rate that new cards come out. This used to be the case for CPUs as well but since about the 2600k's release things on that front have slowed down a lot.

Nothing I've written is really news or mindblowing or shocking, some people just seem to not acknowledge it for reasons I don't understand.

New games haven't really been pushing the envelope as they used to. I haven't seen new games that brought 1080ti to its knees, have you? Has 1080ti not been out for over year and half? So what does that tell you? The games are not pushing as hard as they used to.

Why you may ask? Because consoles usually hold that portion back. I am sure when next gen consoles come out developers might push the envelope a little harder.

I perfectly acknowledge what you are saying but its not the case lately. You used to have a card that were held back by games a year after they came out and that cycle seems to have slowed down. There hasn't been a game 1080ti hasn't been able to play at reasonable framerate.

Shit there was a time where hardware had a tough time pushing crysis for a few years. Not the case anymore. May be you haven't really notice that its been a while since pascal was launched.

As Flogger23m said. He gives the perfect example of how it used to be.

In general high vs ultra high these days is a small difference. Occasionally I watch some youtube videos to find a certain something and I am amazed to see Playstation controller prompts. Even the console versions (although with youtube compression) aren't that much worse looking. Seemed to be the trend starting around 2012. Before 2010 or so a game at low vs high was essentially night and day. It would look like an entirely different game.

And I still don't understand why people can't debate in a respectable manner. I guess it doesn't matter when you are sitting behind a keyboard.

Again, turn on some AA and the 1080TI struggles at 4K. Just because you play on a tiny screen, doesn’t mean the rest of us do. Nuff said.

Back