• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Mortal Kombat (2011)

It's the original 3 I think, could be wrong tho.

EDIT: OK, nvmd, that makes sense. The 3 original games in one, I guess if its like MK Trilogy it makes some sense, but its a little weird.

Original post:
I know, but it is physically impossible for both the original Sub-Zero and Noob Saiboot to be there. This story is from the point of view of a Raiden that got a vision of the end of the world at the end of MK: Armageddon from that Raiden, so certain things are still true about the story.
 
Game is officially banned in Australia forever (or at least until we get an 18+ rating sometime in the next 300 years). Warner Bros. just lost the appeal today.
 
EDIT: OK, nvmd, that makes sense. The 3 original games in one, I guess if its like MK Trilogy it makes some sense, but its a little weird.

Original post:
I know, but it is physically impossible for both the original Sub-Zero and Noob Saiboot to be there. This story is from the point of view of a Raiden that got a vision of the end of the world at the end of MK: Armageddon from that Raiden, so certain things are still true about the story.

From what I understand this game is supposed to take place after Mortal Kombat and before or replace Mortal Kombat II. The Sub-Zero character in the game is actually his brother whom of which was in MKII.
 

DoubleFacePalm.jpg
 

yeah, dont. Im tired of reading these, sell x, get y, its better, crap. both are great

Now, as for mk on the ps3 (which we had b/c of psn+) I cant stop playing the demo, learning the moves and combos. Def cant wait for release. I may have to get the bookends edition. I just dont know what system I want it for, I like live a lot more than psn, but ps3's controller feels better for a fighter. Oh and then theres kratos.
Its also BS that it wont be allowed in Australia. Get ready to see some people importing it at crazy prices
 
That is completely effed up. So, they cant allow parents to be parents and have stores not sell the game to those underage. Instead, australia is big brother and censors their entertainment. never paid much attention to this issue over there but damn, sounds like china/nk. They need a big fu FATALITY!
 
That is completely effed up. So, they cant allow parents to be parents and have stores not sell the game to those underage. Instead, australia is big brother and censors their entertainment. never paid much attention to this issue over there but damn, sounds like china/nk. They need a big fu FATALITY!

Australia is just as bad a nanny state as the UK is.
 
yeah, dont. Im tired of reading these, sell x, get y, its better, crap. both are great

Now, as for mk on the ps3 (which we had b/c of psn+) I cant stop playing the demo, learning the moves and combos. Def cant wait for release. I may have to get the bookends edition. I just dont know what system I want it for, I like live a lot more than psn, but ps3's controller feels better for a fighter. Oh and then theres kratos.
Its also BS that it wont be allowed in Australia. Get ready to see some people importing it at crazy prices

I like the XBOX 360 and I'm happy with it. There has been next to nothing that's come out on the PS3 that I could use to justify my purchasing one. Most everything I'm interested in is available for both. I can agree that the controller is probably better on the PS3 for fighting games, but I'm just not willing to buy a PS3 for one game.
 
Dan was unaware of the unwritten rule that if you don't own a console you have to spend all of your waking hours justifying your decision :)
 
I like the XBOX 360 and I'm happy with it. There has been next to nothing that's come out on the PS3 that I could use to justify my purchasing one. Most everything I'm interested in is available for both. I can agree that the controller is probably better on the PS3 for fighting games, but I'm just not willing to buy a PS3 for one game.

I dont know if i came across wrong but I wasn't agreeing with that other guy for you to sell yours. I hate people telling other people to sell one system to get another b/c said system is better. Both are excellent. I own all from pc to wii

and the uk is that bad to, huh. well at least uk is getting some mortal kombat!!
also, does the demo list all their combos or are there more than what is shown there.
it seems like Im missing some. Im rusty since I haven't played since ultimate mk. everything since was bleh.
 
Loving it, it's like playing MK2 but with some simple combos thrown in for good measure. The 3D works well too, some very nice depth.
 
Preordered :D Played it with my housemate, and we both spent ages with the 4 demo characters. There was no option to buy the limited edition, or controller version (hate arcade sticks anyway) because this is europe. Mileena and ivy have the same outfit?
 
Couple more weeks. I'm getting the Special Edition one. Womp womp!
 
AMURRRRICAA... FUCK YEAH! The land of skull crushing ass-kickery!

On a side note, has anyone tried the D-Pad on the new Xbox 360 silver controller(the twist one)? Is it any better than the standard D-Pad on the standard 360 controllers? This game actually has me so excited I might pick up a couple of arcade sticks for it. I wanted them for Street Fighter but they were ultra, mega, expensive for a single game.
 
I had the Best Buy pre-ordered because I like Sub-Zero and wanted the classic fatality. I ended up canceling though because of the rumors they sold out of the extra's, plus I wanted the Kollectors Edition and BB was the only place that wouldn't give the freebie away with anything more than the $60 version. I'll just pick it up when the price drops or they release an enhanced version with all of the DLC. I'm not a huge fan of the control system anyways. I prefer the oldschool controls.
 
AMURRRRICAA... FUCK YEAH! The land of skull crushing ass-kickery!

On a side note, has anyone tried the D-Pad on the new Xbox 360 silver controller(the twist one)? Is it any better than the standard D-Pad on the standard 360 controllers? This game actually has me so excited I might pick up a couple of arcade sticks for it. I wanted them for Street Fighter but they were ultra, mega, expensive for a single game.

It is...but it's still awkward to use a d-pad placed so low as your main (or only) means of control. I think that beyond the horrible d-pad on the normal Xbox controller, the placement just isn't very good for using the d-pad for anything beyond macros.
My Best Buy has a ton of the Street Fighter pads for next to nothing these days. I think they're like $15 each, and they have a layout similar to the old Genesis 6-button pad. The only downside is that they're wired.
 
How do Australians manage to get their hands on banned games? Just curious, banned console games, that is.
 
It is...but it's still awkward to use a d-pad placed so low as your main (or only) means of control. I think that beyond the horrible d-pad on the normal Xbox controller, the placement just isn't very good for using the d-pad for anything beyond macros.
My Best Buy has a ton of the Street Fighter pads for next to nothing these days. I think they're like $15 each, and they have a layout similar to the old Genesis 6-button pad. The only downside is that they're wired.

This is the only reason I'd prefer to buy the game on the PS3 if I had one. I wish I did but I'm not buying one for a single game.
 
Fuckers. Best Buy and Gamestop are not taking pre-orders anymore for the Kollector's Edition. Got it through Amazon. $0.98 shipping and no tax. WOOOT! Chose release date delivery. :)
 
This is the only reason I'd prefer to buy the game on the PS3 if I had one. I wish I did but I'm not buying one for a single game.

I find the better D-pad of the PS3 controller mitigated by its incredibly shitty triggers. They killed it for me when I tried to play Street Fighter 4 on it - I ended up using the PS2 controller with the adapter.
 
I've always hated the joysticks on the PS controllers, the way the feel is average, but i hate their alignment. My hands aren't exactly small and turning my thumbs like that just feels so unnatural. To each his own I guess. Do you think the SF fight sticks would be a good thing to pick up for this game? Or does MK have their own layout?
 
looks like we prob wont see a demo for the 360 til its release, wut a shame.

o well got my copy ordered anyhoo
 
It is...but it's still awkward to use a d-pad placed so low as your main (or only) means of control. I think that beyond the horrible d-pad on the normal Xbox controller, the placement just isn't very good for using the d-pad for anything beyond macros.
My Best Buy has a ton of the Street Fighter pads for next to nothing these days. I think they're like $15 each, and they have a layout similar to the old Genesis 6-button pad. The only downside is that they're wired.

Wired is a good thing, wireless controllers are banned in all tournaments for good reason.

Just suck it up and buy/build a joystick, it's the best option anyways.
 
looks like we prob wont see a demo for the 360 til its release, wut a shame.

o well got my copy ordered anyhoo

The only reason I'd want the demo is to get my MK fix before the full game releases. I went ahead and ordered the Kollector's Edition for the XBOX 360. I had to have it. :cool:
 
Back
Top