Epic Games Store

Kingdom Hearts is coming to PC as an Epic Store exclusive

The Kingdom Hearts series, which began on the PlayStation 2 in 2002, is finally coming to PC-- coming exclusively to the Epic Games Store in March

The release, set for March 30th, includes the following games:

Kingdom Hearts 3
Kingdom Hearts HD II.8 Final Chapter Prologue
Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory
Kingdom Hearts HD I.5 + II.5 Remix

https://twitter.com/EpicGames/status/1359941547345739777
1EV6.gif

Alien Isolation

Hand of Fate 2

I own Hand of Fate 1 but couldn't get into it or I never gave it a chance.

When is release date? I didn't really enjoy the first one but the second looks a bit different. Will give it a try on pc

according to the latest video they're saying this Spring...

Axiom Verge 2 Gameplay + Developer Presentation- Future Games Show Spring Showcase

This new Core game seems pretty cool. I'm already seeing versions of a lot of the UMS games from StarCraft in it.

according to the latest video they're saying this Spring...

Axiom Verge 2 Gameplay + Developer Presentation- Future Games Show Spring Showcase

Thanks for the heads up!! Didn't think release was that close!! Really like the look of the new one compared to 1. Hope it turns out good!

Epic thinks EGS could make up 35-50% of the PC gaming market by 2024

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2021...ake-up-35-50-of-the-pc-gaming-market-by-2024/
A lot misleading about that article. I like ARS but they're usually better than that. The data only documents EGS's first 11 months, through Oct 2019. It ignores 2020 in which EGS reported flat growth while the rest of the space had massive growth. They were flat even while everyone was stuck at home all year.

The question going forward is how many more hundreds of millions will they light on fire before it clicks that there is no shortcut or brute force to marketshare. Will they finally get on the honest but longer road and start competing on features and services, or die trying to boost a hollow user count with freebies most people never install and play.

Last edited:
They also have a wind down model, which shows only 8%. Plan b I guess if they think exclusives arent working.

Conversion rate of users downloading free games to becoming paying customers is a mere 7%.

You're not going to become a paying customer until there are good games worth buying there. Epic had some, but they're still few and far between.

It would be a good thing I think in the long run for both companies to get away from China and Tencent.

It would be a good thing I think in the long run for both companies to get away from China and Tencent.
Not gonna happen. Too much money to be generated from China. Until politicians step up (LOL!) and start making it cost-prohibitive to manufacture in China, the western world will continue dumping money into China, which will have consequences, but that's for discussion that's probably happening somewhere in General Mayhem.

Even if they do someone else will buy it up. Probably Microsoft. Sony even put a small investment into Epic.

Last edited:
So this is effectively Epic offering Sony $200 million to port their games to PC. How much did Valve offer? $0? Thanks Epic.

Let me guess Sony will eventually accept the deal and PC gamers will whine about EGS exclusivity.

Eh, doubtful. Sony has already released several of their games on Steam and GoG after Epic exclusive or games where multi-shop from launch.

You're not going to become a paying customer until there are good games worth buying there. Epic had some, but they're still few and far between.
Not exactly. The problem is when their primary usercount boosting tactic is carpet bombing free games, what they end up with is a userbase of freeloaders (on top of an existing base of Fortnite kids that also don't buy games). Every time a AAA has appeared on there that didn't come in on a bribe check - RDR2, for example - look at their twitter and it's always a flood of "But when's it free" people. EGS has created and fueled this attitude and expectation.

Their real play in trying to quickly boost their active usercount stat was to attract investment capital. The document leaks make this evident. But when it's apparent from their 2020 report that most EGS users don't buy games, it's going to be no secret to savvy investors and VC's either.

Last edited:
They have significantly more than Steam does. Steam's front page is almost always low budget indie games.

They have significantly more than Steam does. Steam's front page is almost always low budget indie games.
Significantly more? thats a bold statement. i would say hardly if any, except for the few exclusives, steam pretty much has all the same games and more.

But when it's apparent from their 2020 report that most EGS users don't buy games, it's going to be no secret to savvy investors and VC's either.

When goes back to my point. What games are there to buy? Not many. I just tried to see if RE8 or the Nier Remaster were on EGS and they aren't. They still have a shortage of games worth buying. Even then the experience needs to be on par with Steam, or cheaper.

So this is effectively Epic offering Sony $200 million to port their games to PC. How much did Valve offer? $0? Thanks Epic.

Let me guess Sony will eventually accept the deal and PC gamers will whine about EGS exclusivity.
I mean, if the games do come exclusively to EGS then they may as well not exist at all. It is ironic that Epic is interested in taking it further up the ass from Sony after it came out in discovery that Sony is requiring kickbacks to implement crossplay in their games.

I mean, if the games do come exclusively to EGS then they may as well not exist at all. It is ironic that Epic is interested in taking it further up the ass from Sony after it came out in discovery that Sony is requiring kickbacks to implement crossplay in their games.

Plenty of people will buy the right Sony exclusives on EGS. You certianly don't have to, but they'll get my money, and plenty of others. The data we've seem coming out of the apple lawsuit shows that epics exclusivity plays are bringing in users, and they've argueably never had an exclusive as big as some of sonys first party gems.

Despite what angry gamers want to believe, epic seems to know what they are doing. They wouldn't offer up $200M if they didn't think it would play out in their favor.

Even though some folks will flat out refuse to see any positive in what EGS is doing, this is a perfect example of something that benefits the entire PC platform. If we get top tier Sony exclusives, games that would never come to PC without Epics intervention, that's a win. I don't see how having Sony titles exclusive to epic is somehow worse than not having them at all.

Back