CS:GO beta signup

Right click on the game in your library, Go to properties. Then go to local files tab. Click Verify Integrity of Game Cache. If it still does it after that id update your video card drivers.

Did both of those and it still comes up with a blue screen and or hard crash the pc. It must be a ATI issue cause there were others around playing it fine but with Nvidia cards so I don't know. I am still new to using Windows 7 so how do I check if what version of video drivers I got?

I used to be really good at CSS a couple years ago, I tired out CSGO and I got rolled so hard.. Maybe I just got too damn old or something lol.

Nope. My guess is they will announce a release date at E3

Nope.
Question- When will the game be released?
Answer-Valve is committed to staying in the beta period for as long as Valve needs to create the best version of Counter-Strike. There is no set date. Valve states that it will be done when its done. In other words is when the beta is done and no more feedback or bugs are being reported. They will then make their final polish on the game and start preparing it for a shipping product. Projected release is Summer 2012-Q4 2012.

i got my beta invite today. played a few games and it took a few round to get used to the new buy menu. im no pro or anything, but game play feels ok. recoil is a bit weird. but i dont know if that just me being used to source recoil. it seems alot more...random. but again, thats just from a few rounds of play. but im enjoying it so far.

I used to be really good at CSS a couple years ago, I tired out CSGO and I got rolled so hard.. Maybe I just got too damn old or something lol.

Haha I felt the same. But I think it is just because we are out of practice. I remember playing CSS for hours per day to get pretty good. That is the type of game you can't just hop in and start owning people if you haven't played in a long time. Definitely rusty.

That is the type of game you can't just hop in and start owning people if you're used to mouse acceleration - low FOV - zero spread guns - health regeneration - grenade indicators - using ADS even when shooting at point blank range - typical COD-ish gameplay

fixed :)

You never lose your touch with CS but you cant stop playing and expect to compete with everyone when you come back

You never lose your touch with CS but you cant stop playing and expect to compete with everyone when you come back

I agree. People are always getting better and progressing. If you dont play for a week you will be rusty but you never really lose it.

Man I can hardly find anyone playing even on a Sunday afternoon. I take it that this beta test is VERY limited?

yep its pretty hard to find a server filled server with good ping. i played for about an hour before never launching it again.

Haha I felt the same. But I think it is just because we are out of practice. I remember playing CSS for hours per day to get pretty good. That is the type of game you can't just hop in and start owning people if you haven't played in a long time. Definitely rusty.

I can take a few months/year off of CS and still come in and own. :D

Here is a mode they should make for CS:GO

Knife and Taser only.

It is like a knife arena game

I dont understand why they didn't make this available on both Windows and Mac. I have both on my computer, but rebooting to Win7 is a drag just to play something that uses an engine that is already ported.

I dont understand why they didn't make this available on both Windows and Mac. I have both on my computer, but rebooting to Win7 is a drag just to play something that uses an engine that is already ported.

It is in beta. They don't want to deal with mac issues until the PC version is pretty much bang-on.

They really need to throw out some more invites. There were about 3 servers with less than 100ms ping that I could join and 2 out of 3 had only 4 people in them.

I can't even play now because of that. I really don't get that at all Valve.

They really need to throw out some more invites. There were about 3 servers with less than 100ms ping that I could join and 2 out of 3 had only 4 people in them.

I can't even play now because of that. I really don't get that at all Valve.

the server browser doesn't seem to work correctly, there's definitely more servers in the mix than it shows.

go try the matchmaking a few times and it'll drop you into a good one eventually.

Well after seeing some of their actions im not quite sure this game will be what it should be.
They are moving to the game modes file having priority over anything else and the server.cfg being for alternative rarely used commands. The game modes file is completely overwritten each time the server is updated. Before with the server.cfg this was not the case. The game modes file is very hard to understand and you basically have to guess at what your doing and see if it did what you wanted.

The SteamCMD Tool is the future. All games will be moved over to this tool and hldsupdatetool will dissolve. The SteamCMD tool is also very confusing and a PITA to use especially when compared to hldsupdatetool. People are telling them these are bad ideas yet they are persisitent with forcing these issues. Yet they tell us the game is done when we say its done and that they welcome all criticism and suggestions as they are listening to the community.

I am not sure when I got my invite, but I noticed I had the game when a window popped up saying that I have an extra key that I can gift.

I played a few rounds and it looks better than CSS but it feels totally different.
The office map looked great, better than the regular office, but as good as the custom office map I used to play on, I think it was office 2007.

Well after seeing some of their actions im not quite sure this game will be what it should be.
They are moving to the game modes file having priority over anything else and the server.cfg being for alternative rarely used commands. The game modes file is completely overwritten each time the server is updated. Before with the server.cfg this was not the case. The game modes file is very hard to understand and you basically have to guess at what your doing and see if it did what you wanted.

The SteamCMD Tool is the future. All games will be moved over to this tool and hldsupdatetool will dissolve. The SteamCMD tool is also very confusing and a PITA to use especially when compared to hldsupdatetool. People are telling them these are bad ideas yet they are persisitent with forcing these issues. Yet they tell us the game is done when we say its done and that they welcome all criticism and suggestions as they are listening to the community.

Well at least they are listening and it is a beta so there is always time to change bad ideas. If anything once they open up the beta to the masses then they will get a real influx of feedback and make adjustments accordingly.

We've always got CS:S and CS 1.6 at least :cool:

Well at least they are listening and it is a beta so there is always time to change bad ideas. If anything once they open up the beta to the masses then they will get a real influx of feedback and make adjustments accordingly.

We've always got CS:S and CS 1.6 at least :cool:

People are telling them its bad and not as good as it was. They are forcing these new things on people regardless of what the community thinks. They may be listening but thats about it.
Think about being a gameserver provider. You are hosting around 2000 valve gameservers.
The current procedure to install a game.
In command line you type:
hldsupdatetool -command update -game counter-strike source -dir c:\games -verify_all
It then downloads all of the files for the game.

To update the server GSPs usually have a script for each server. It goes like this.
hldsupdatetool -command update -game counter-strike source -dir c:\games

The new method.
Installing a server:
steamcmd
login user password
force_install_dir c:\games
app_update 740 validate
exit

Updating a server.
Steamcmd
login user password
app_update 740
exit

So for each server they need to either A) have a steam account to login with. In this case that has the beta. or B) do this for each and every server they have. The steam account cannot be in use during this stuff either.

Game modes is a 500 line file that looks like PHP coding. Its far more difficult to understand, read, and write to. The file gets overwritten on every update. There is no way on the game server operators end to make it easier for their client. This file needs to go away and they need to use several different files that contain the configuration for each thing. That way for 1 variable change in the update only 1 file is updated for that particular thing instead of all of it when its one single file.

Its really like they are making it 10 times harder then it needs to be. People have been telling them this and it seems to be ignored.

Yes we still have 1.6 and Source but honestly i cant stand to play 1.6 because of how bad it looks. Source is a dead game. They already ran that one into the ground when they updated it to orange box.

Wow that sounds like a total fucking mess. But I guess I'm trying to keep a positive out look , Valve isn't flawless that's for sure but we can only hope for the best.

Perhaps someone will figure a way to do the server configs without having to write what basically amounts to lines of code like you are programming the game from its source code.

Back