CS:GO beta signup

I got into the Beta. ITS HORRIBAD :'(

I mean completely fucking awful. I hate all the skins, Hate all the guns, I hate the movement, I hate the accuracy. I hate everything about it. A mix of CS and CSS my ass. It shares nothing in common with either game.

God, valve take a hint. CS 1.6 with better graphics thats all you had to do. It's just a shitty game that looks like source and whats with the timer? it's like 5 minutes before the fucker goes off. I literally could make and eat a sandwich in the time it takes for the bomb to go off.

I mean completely fucking awful. I hate all the skins, Hate all the guns, I hate the movement, I hate the accuracy. I hate everything about it. A mix of CS and CSS my ass. It shares nothing in common with either game.

God, valve take a hint. CS 1.6 with better graphics thats all you had to do. It's just a shitty game that looks like source and whats with the timer? it's like 5 minutes before the fucker goes off. I literally could make and eat a sandwich in the time it takes for the bomb to go off.

When they say beta, they mean it. Those things are literally in flux with each update, recoil and weapons were just tweaked AGAIN.

famas burst fire is so accurate lol. goodbye expensive ak and m4. hello cheap famas hs machine.

Maybe the 1.6 players who think any new CS should be 1.6 with new graphics should get over it and skin 1.6 and be happy. If your talking about the bomb timer. Thats configurable. LOL.

Im guessing after playing it was your first instinct to get a on a forum and bitch about it instead of actually providing quality feedback....

Preorder cancelled?

Maybe the 1.6 players who think any new CS should be 1.6 with new graphics should get over it and skin 1.6 and be happy. If your talking about the bomb timer. Thats configurable. LOL.

Im guessing after playing it was your first instinct to get a on a forum and bitch about it instead of actually providing quality feedback....

Preorder cancelled?

Calm down you sound like a rabid fanboy and don't get butthurt you know you do. I suppose I could jump on the forum and discussion my door sensor issues on my 98 windstar but since this is a thread about the beta I fucked up and posted my opinion MA BAAD. I had no idea whether the Bomb timer is configurable since I don't run a csgo server but if thats the default which I'm told it is then its crap

I honestly just didn't like anything about it and I play source, a lot. I think the accuracy stinks on the AK, Pump shotgun is too slow and generally useless, The P90 didn't feel like it had any feedback, the player movement and skins look awful.

I couldn't find a community server to play on I had to use the find a game function which put me in some weird gg_ type server where I had to get kills to get the next weapon and I couldn't buy so I can't offer any feedback beyond that. I'm too curious to stop playing hopefully it improves. I don't know that there is any where I could provide feedback the interview stuff I see from Valve makes it seem like they're using divine mysticism to determine development changes for this game :(

Don't get me wrong I've been playing CS and CSS for 7 years no my pre-order isn't cancelled I'm just frustrated because we went through same nonsense with source and I wish Valve would have learned from their mistakes by now.

Last edited:
I kind of have to agree with the dissapointment, ive been playing CSGO on and off for the past month and it simply feels clunky. I know its a beta and all but recoils are ALL over the place (which changes with almost every patch). Its essentialy CSS with updated maps, guns & game mods but something feels off about it.

It just doesnt feel a whole lot like CS other than the obvious maps and such. I myself was wondering about the bomb timer as well, its almost embarrasing if the CTs arent able to defuse it on time :p

Now im not going to lie and say I didint have fun, im still playing it here and there, but coming from 1.6 and source it just doesnt have that CS feel to it.

Than again its only still in BETA and has a while to go so im sure it will improve over time!

I kind of have to agree with the dissapointment, ive been playing CSGO on and off for the past month and it simply feels clunky. I know its a beta and all but recoils are ALL over the place (which changes with almost every patch). Its essentialy CSS with updated maps, guns & game mods but something feels off about it.

It just doesnt feel a whole lot like CS other than the obvious maps and such. I myself was wondering about the bomb timer as well, its almost embarrasing if the CTs arent able to defuse it on time :p

Now im not going to lie and say I didint have fun, im still playing it here and there, but coming from 1.6 and source it just doesnt have that CS feel to it.

Than again its only still in BETA and has a while to go so im sure it will improve over time!

I played a little bit more tonight. I don't know it's ok. I agree it feels more like CSS than CS. If they end up doing nothing but taking away spray and pray they better not be expecting a medal for it.

Calm down you sound like a rabid fanboy and don't get butthurt you know you do. I suppose I could jump on the forum and discussion my door sensor issues on my 98 windstar but since this is a thread about the beta I fucked up and posted my opinion MA BAAD. I had no idea whether the Bomb timer is configurable since I don't run a csgo server but if thats the default which I'm told it is then its crap

I honestly just didn't like anything about it and I play source, a lot. I think the accuracy stinks on the AK, Pump shotgun is too slow and generally useless, The P90 didn't feel like it had any feedback, the player movement and skins look awful.

I couldn't find a community server to play on I had to use the find a game function which put me in some weird gg_ type server where I had to get kills to get the next weapon and I couldn't buy so I can't offer any feedback beyond that. I'm too curious to stop playing hopefully it improves. I don't know that there is any where I could provide feedback the interview stuff I see from Valve makes it seem like they're using divine mysticism to determine development changes for this game :(

Don't get me wrong I've been playing CS and CSS for 7 years no my pre-order isn't cancelled I'm just frustrated because we went through same nonsense with source and I wish Valve would have learned from their mistakes by now.

Pot calling the kettle black? Im not the one whos butthurt but it sure looks like you are.

I suppose if you really cared you would have come up with ways to make the game better and provide the people making the game feedback they can use. The "Just make 1.6 with better graphics" doesnt cut it and wont even happen. You just wanted to jump in here and talk about how horribad and fucking awful it was. This is a real beta. This isnt a preview or demo thats being called a beta.

You need to realise this isnt 1.6 or source. Its a blend of both of them with its own flair. If the game isnt for you then thats fine. Comparing it to previous games isnt a valid argument though. How long youve been playing doesnt justify what you say either.

Im getting really tired of people popping off with stupid remarks like "make it 1.6 with better graphics" then talking about how they have been playing counter strike since 89 back in pre alpha 1 like it means they know what they are talking about.

I remember when source came out. There wasnt really any community involvement. They just made it and put it out then all of the bugs had to be fixed and the changes had to happen. Valve has done the opposite here because they learned from their mistakes. They are asking the community for their involvement to help prevent all of that from happening and to ship a better game. Ive been a beta tester of the game since august. Ive seen it go through so many changes and really when it started it wasnt even counter strike. It could have been a different game. The same goes for in Feb. The game is completely different then it was in Feb. That is due to people providing feedback and input to them. Many of the things they provided input on actually happened.

For example: I got into a very technical chat with someone from valve about tickrate and FPS. It ended with me asking them why the game cannot be made from scratch to use 100 tickrate and boosted FPS rather then the shitty current CSS/TF2 66 tick/66FPS. There was no answer. A few people tried to jump in and argue that there is no performance over 66tick/66FPS. I provided simple proof that it did and they couldnt provide any proof it didnt. So the game is now 100 tick and FPS boostable like CSS before the update that killed it.

Cliffs: If something about the game bothers you then investigate it and find out the issue or seek help finding the issue. Tell Valve about it. Chances are it could easily change in the next update.

I've been hearing good things about the patch from Monday, but the mouse issues kept me from playing. Valve finally fixed the mouse issue today and wow, this is my favorite update so far. According to the notes they made improvements for burst and tap firing, and I can notice the difference. I am pretty sure they tweaked the overall registry as well - my heads shots actually register! The game feels a little bit more bearable now, but I feel they are still quite a long ways until release material.

First time reading this thread and all i see is LOTS of complaining..

I know i wouldn't complain if i had an invite :p

*completely ignores german*

Today was much better once I got into community servers. I also noticed the update that got pushed today. I'm much happier with it. Little bit of lag on the kill notifications. Somebody said it's a known issue. I'm uploading a video that shows it.

Honestly even as it is I can tell Source players will flock to this. Pretty much the same game but prettier.

hmmm I get a lot of bugs mainly when I go to community servers. This time every server I join its just a black screen. I have sound but just blackness. Cleared up having restarting CSGO.

Last edited:
For example: I got into a very technical chat with someone from valve about tickrate and FPS. It ended with me asking them why the game cannot be made from scratch to use 100 tickrate and boosted FPS rather then the shitty current CSS/TF2 66 tick/66FPS. There was no answer. A few people tried to jump in and argue that there is no performance over 66tick/66FPS. I provided simple proof that it did and they couldnt provide any proof it didnt. So the game is now 100 tick and FPS boostable like CSS before the update that killed it..

The boost from 33 tick to 66 makes sense as the update is basically going from 30.3 ms/per tick to 15.15 ms. The time between each world tick is literally halved -- that's a good gain. 100 shaves off 5ms.

It obviously does something, but I'd wager that it's less useful of a difference online than it is on LAN.

edit: but srsly 66 ticks is a lot already, especially considering Quake engine games worked at 20 (and later 30).

100 tick server

connect 75.68.9.157:27015

let me know how it is running.

I just joined your server for a few rounds and the server was empty, so I only played against bots. The registry seemed good, but again that was just with bots, and I had 120 ms. I assume your server is located somewhere in the east? I didn't really monitor my choke or anything, however the ticks were solid and my lerp was 9.9 orange. I know some servers I am able to get 9.9 and white lerp, but I guess orange lerp is okay.

pretty sure orange lerp means the client doesn't have enough data to interpolate and has to extrapolate instead.

aka it's a bad thing, you always want to interpolate over extrapolate.

The boost from 33 tick to 66 makes sense as the update is basically going from 30.3 ms/per tick to 15.15 ms. The time between each world tick is literally halved -- that's a good gain. 100 shaves off 5ms.

It obviously does something, but I'd wager that it's less useful of a difference online than it is on LAN.

edit: but srsly 66 ticks is a lot already, especially considering Quake engine games worked at 20 (and later 30).

The gain from 33 to 66 is more then 66 to 100. But there is a difference for sure. I know i always felt it.

Valve. Gif us keys please...
I can't believe ESEA leagues are up already

Saturday is starting off sucky

2hevssj.png

all joke aside the quick match is awesome. havent had any real trouble finding 5v5s

Last edited:
Does this game seriously not have the ping time in the scoreboard?

And it's meant to be competative?!

lol

Does this game seriously not have the ping time in the scoreboard?

And it's meant to be competative?!

lol

edit: i guess not.

You can always type net_graph 1 for your ping though

I just got into the Beta today, so far I like it. The hitboxes are a lot tighter. Also the weapon sounds are pretty good on some of the weapons, they sound more mechanical now.

15 dollars? wow that sucks, thought it was going to be ftp or comes in a bundle with hl2:ep3

Just read that. I'm already sold but honestly the beta still has a ways to go. Oddly it doesn't look like many new maps are being added this time around either.
Yeah. If the game truly releases on that day and its no Valve time then i have a feeling that on August 21 is going to be the beginning of the public beta. I remember back before the beta came out they said the release date would be determined by the beta testers. There is still and influx of bugs not to mention the many huge bugs still out there as well as all of the final work they need to do. I think the maps that are in the beta now are all of the maps that there will be. I think they are relying on the community to pick up that slack.
15 dollars? wow that sucks, thought it was going to be ftp or comes in a bundle with hl2:ep3
Thats wishful thinking on your part. They never hinted that the game wouldnt cost money or be bundled. HL2:EP3 will not exist either. They said the game will cost money but never determined how much untill now. If the game was free to play how would they make money? Its not like Dota2 or TF2 where they have hats and heroes they can sell. Not to mention free to play would make cheating 10 times worse. I expected the game to be 35-40 myself and at 15 its a steal. It puts it 5 dollars more then 1.6 and 5 dollars less then Source prices right now.

my .02c

Is $15 really that much? I mean HL3 or HL2:E3 may not be coming out ever or anytime soon. Would you rather wait for it to be bundled with either title or would you rather play it in August?

I think $15 for a game you will likely play for years is a pretty fucking great deal , with all the $60 "full" games that get released and are done after 6 hours of play I think Valve is doing it right.

CS is always going to be in a "patch" state and even at release CS:GO will still requiring tweaking.

Yeah. If the game truly releases on that day and its no Valve time then i have a feeling that on August 21 is going to be the beginning of the public beta. I remember back before the beta came out they said the release date would be determined by the beta testers. There is still and influx of bugs not to mention the many huge bugs still out there as well as all of the final work they need to do. I think the maps that are in the beta now are all of the maps that there will be. I think they are relying on the community to pick up that slack.

Thats wishful thinking on your part. They never hinted that the game wouldnt cost money or be bundled. HL2:EP3 will not exist either. They said the game will cost money but never determined how much untill now. If the game was free to play how would they make money? Its not like Dota2 or TF2 where they have hats and heroes they can sell. Not to mention free to play would make cheating 10 times worse. I expected the game to be 35-40 myself and at 15 its a steal. It puts it 5 dollars more then 1.6 and 5 dollars less then Source prices right now.

my .02c

For all my griping I'm still putting 5 hours a day into the beta. For the gazillion hours I'll put into it $15 is nothing. I literally haven't touched source since.

I was discussing it on one of the 30 man servers the other day. Source went through some growing pains after release as well. Very few people remember Cave men and 33 tick.

I have a weird want I'll never get. I wish there were female skins. They don't have to be fancy or sexy just like Aliens - Pvt. Vasquez for Terrorist and RoboCop - Officer Anne Lewis or Dominion Tank Police - Leona Ozaki for Counter-terrorist. My wife plays CS pretty heavily, she and a lot of my female clan members have always complained that its all dudes. Only like one CT model is vaguely ambiguous.

I'd like to see a big return of the Mod Map Rotation servers. I used to play on a 32 man that was always populated 24/7 and rarely played the same map twice a day. They literally just loaded a few hundred FPS banana user made maps. was so much fun. But thats on us not Valve.

Also I realize its blasphemy but the wheel of gun fortune is growing on me. If you don't map your buy keys its far faster than the old menus.

All the nades but Decoy and Flame suck ass.The Flash is too strong and random like in source. The impact nade is too weak and random. The Incendiary nade incredibly useful depending on how you use it. It does not unbalance gameplay as much as I thought but its incredibly useful in standoff against campers/awpers. They will often post up in a confined area making it difficult to rush or get a shot off. Toss a flame nade into their nest and the outcome is a beautiful sight.

Last edited:
Back