• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

CS:GO beta signup

That may be true, but there could be more. Don't really need to be a ESEA player. Anyone who was/is decent at 1.6 or Source could be good in CS:GO. Who are you on ESEA?

Morder on ESEA but I haven't been playing CS lately.
 
Im at the point where I really just don't care anymore. I play it when its out. So far it sounds like nothing to to get excited about.
 
When someone gets an extra key, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE /cherry on top

toss one my way.
 
New keys went out

I'm still keyless as expected, so anyone with an extra I'll buy you something on Steam around $10
 
New keys went out

I'm still keyless as expected, so anyone with an extra I'll buy you something on Steam around $10

Good luck with that, people are paying $50 on steam forums (ridiculous I know)
 
Don't worry guys I just got a key, friend got invited earlier and needed to restart steam for his extra invite to show up

time to play dis shit after my nighty run
 
Check your steam accounts whoever signed up for the beta, I just got it added to my account tonight and so did a bunch of other people.
 
So in other news, as per typical Source engine history, the game is totally CPU limited.

edit: Also shooting through walls is totally doable. Not quite 1.6 levels of absurdity, but it does work quite nicely unlike CS:S where a metal railing with the thickness of an atom removes 97% of your bullet damage.

Nades seem a little slow to pull out, kind of annoying. Flashes are fucking dangerous and last forever, not sure if I like this yet or not. The UMP seems really good up close, probably matching the rifles... but it very quickly falls off. I haven't really tried the others yet. Deagle animation needs to feel punchier.


It's definitely feels different but it is fun so far. Too bad their backend or some shit is melting and it's hard to join servers right now.
 
Last edited:
So in other news, as per typical Source engine history, the game is totally CPU limited.

edit: Also shooting through walls is totally doable. Not quite 1.6 levels of absurdity, but it does work quite nicely unlike CS:S where a metal railing with the thickness of an atom removes 97% of your bullet damage.

Nades seem a little slow to pull out, kind of annoying. Flashes are fucking dangerous and last forever, not sure if I like this yet or not. The UMP seems really good up close, probably matching the rifles... but it very quickly falls off. I haven't really tried the others yet. Deagle animation needs to feel punchier.


It's definitely feels different but it is fun so far. Too bad their backend or some shit is melting and it's hard to join servers right now.
Did you not know the game was developed on the Source engine?
 
I did, I'm just amused that despite probably being the fanciest Source game yet graphics wise that my CPU is STILL the bottleneck, not my aging GTX 260.

cool 140 fps and 60% gpu usage, cool
 
I did, I'm just amused that despite probably being the fanciest Source game yet graphics wise that my CPU is STILL the bottleneck, not my aging GTX 260.

cool 140 fps and 60% gpu usage, cool

The FPS changes every update. Its beta software. The game is Direct x 9 only as well. Im getting 300+ FPS and my CPU is at 40% on 4 cores on average. My GTX460 is a 65% most of the time. Source has always been CPU dependent.

Valve will never release games that cripple systems like Crysis or BF3. They release their games so that the majority can play them fine.
 
So i got in the beta. The game looks pretty nice, and to my disappointment, my computer struggles to keep above 60fps in this game. I hate playing cs below 60fps.

I have a i7 920 @ 4.0ghz and a 6950 1gb and game at 2560x1440. I set everything to low with no AAand still kept the game at native res, but it didn't help all that much. Turned down the resolution and saw better results, but I also hate not playing at native res :(

Weird because I can run l4d2 and portal 2 fine and well above 60fps.

As for the gameplay, it feels a bit off to me. I sprayed so many people at point blank and they still didnt die, lol. But maybe i'm just very rusty. who knows
 
I played a bit, I am quite disappointed with the new loop..

The guns look ridiculously big for some reasons...
And overall quality is just doesn't feel right for CS game...
 
So i got in the beta. The game looks pretty nice, and to my disappointment, my computer struggles to keep above 60fps in this game. I hate playing cs below 60fps.

I have a i7 920 @ 4.0ghz and a 6950 1gb and game at 2560x1440. I set everything to low with no AAand still kept the game at native res, but it didn't help all that much. Turned down the resolution and saw better results, but I also hate not playing at native res :(

Weird because I can run l4d2 and portal 2 fine and well above 60fps.

As for the gameplay, it feels a bit off to me. I sprayed so many people at point blank and they still didnt die, lol. But maybe i'm just very rusty. who knows

strange, I only play at 16x10, but I'm running a gtx275 w/ a q6600 and I'm getting ~70FPS with everything as high as it can go, aa, fxaa, etc.
 
did any of you before getting the beta the past two days got a hardware survey? because i got one and i declined it and am afraid that was a step before they send the beta key?!!!
 
So i got in the beta. The game looks pretty nice, and to my disappointment, my computer struggles to keep above 60fps in this game. I hate playing cs below 60fps.

I have a i7 920 @ 4.0ghz and a 6950 1gb and game at 2560x1440. I set everything to low with no AAand still kept the game at native res, but it didn't help all that much. Turned down the resolution and saw better results, but I also hate not playing at native res :(

Weird because I can run l4d2 and portal 2 fine and well above 60fps.

As for the gameplay, it feels a bit off to me. I sprayed so many people at point blank and they still didnt die, lol. But maybe i'm just very rusty. who knows

you have triple buffering on. that limits your fps to 60. turn that off and your fps will be in the 200's.
 
I have vsync off. I guess 2560x1440 taxes a lot. Weird cause i came from an eyefinity 5040x1050 setup which is more puxels and i dont remember source struggling this much
 
did any of you before getting the beta the past two days got a hardware survey? because i got one and i declined it and am afraid that was a step before they send the beta key?!!!

Steam asks for hardware surveys randomly. If you did the questionaire and the hardware survey at the same time then that was for CSGO. You can do it again if you want but its not related to CSGO.
 
lies german
lies! How dare you! You're like... my gf.. wearing sexy outfits then saying, "I'm tired."

So, do you want my steamid? :D
 
I filled this out as soon as the survey as soon as I saw it posted on ESEA and I have yet to get a key :(. Guess I get to wait till release day :rolleyes:.
 
Bleh signed up for the beta a while back and still nothing... been on cs since 1.1 and quit a few years ago because friends stopped playing / lost intrest. Anything CS will always catch my eye though.

Hope to get in soon im itching some some action!
 
Might be time to reactivate my ESEA account and get my pug on, probably see considerably more interesting gameplay there.

Maybe once beta expands a bit more, the in game competitive mode will pick up a little. I don't expect every game to be like CPL finals or some shit but I'd like it to be a bit more interesting than 16/0 steamrolls and people who go 0/12 by doing the same dumb thing every single round.
 
Back
Top