CS:GO beta signup

Finally got into the beta and decided to try it out for a round real quick. It seems pretty solid but man I am way too used to BF3. Accidentally bought a Scout instead of an m4 and was popping peoples' heads off though. Kept tapping shift before shooting, heh. I'll try some more later, all I did was classic mode with classic maps just to try it out.

*completely ignores german*
Definitely for the best. It's not possible to have a rational opinion when that guy's around. :p

15 dollars? wow that sucks, thought it was going to be ftp or comes in a bundle with hl2:ep3
I was actually really surprised by the price. I was expecting $40 or more.

Finally got into the beta and decided to try it out for a round real quick. It seems pretty solid but man I am way too used to BF3. Accidentally bought a Scout instead of an m4 and was popping peoples' heads off though. Kept tapping shift before shooting, heh. I'll try some more later, all I did was classic mode with classic maps just to try it out.

Definitely for the best. It's not possible to have a rational opinion when that guy's around. :p

I hope your not serious.

They are supposed to show off something new in CSGO @ E3 which is why the beta updates have been delayed.

I only ignore him when he's Angry German Muscle

No way on the $40+. I'm not sure if Valve has any nefarious motives but they've been very clear the #1 purpose of this is to get people migrated off 1.6. 1.6's would never pay $40 for this game. That's console kiddie pricing. Also, they publicly admitted fault on the L4D2 pricing and have learned from it. Motives beyond that, man I really don't know. It's not money. If you catch some of the lengthy Valve talks on Youtube they really really don't care about money anymore. They seem to price stuff purely on whim alone. I got Portal 2 a month or two after release literally on the steam store for $13. There won't be Pay Expansion packs or anything like that either. Hats have been ruled out I think as well.

Just noticed the CS: GO beta on my game library now... never got an email saying I had been put in/etc., how weird. Not complaining... :D.

Initially seems to be pretty good... QUESTION: is there a way to mute the damn bots? Their constant radio spam is annoying when one is present :p.

you can, but it is in the server.cfg file. unless it is your server you cant.

What kinda frustrates me is that the Beta community is kinda small. I get the feeling they gave keys to a LOT of assholes that haven't even played cs and have no intention of playing GO or immediately get pissed off and leave when they realize it's a Beta.

Literally play for a couple days on the 30 man servers or even a quick match you will literally run into me and like 5-10 other people CONSTANTLY. It's weird theres a couple people like "dead" and "Harpoon" I don't even need to add to my friendlist cause they are on every server every day.

I know they gave away like 10,000 keys but theres only like 1k people actively playing. I have two friends and my wife who are desperate to play with me but were waiting on more keys :(

What kinda frustrates me is that the Beta community is kinda small. I get the feeling they gave keys to a LOT of assholes that haven't even played cs and have no intention of playing GO or immediately get pissed off and leave when they realize it's a Beta.

Literally play for a couple days on the 30 man servers or even a quick match you will literally run into me and like 5-10 other people CONSTANTLY. It's weird theres a couple people like "dead" and "Harpoon" I don't even need to add to my friendlist cause they are on every server every day.

I know they gave away like 10,000 keys but theres only like 1k people actively playing. I have two friends and my wife who are desperate to play with me but were waiting on more keys :(

that is true, i see the same people all the time!!

I thoroughly enjoy this game, it's a great mix of CS:S and CS 1.6. I'm really looking forward to it, and at $15 there's no reason not to!

Got into the beta but I'm not really much of a cs fan. Net code feels better and weapons are less random and more intuitive then CSS. But it's still a overwellmingly mediocre FPS with mediocre improvements. Hell I find half-life 1 deathmatch more entertaining then this game.

The beta hasnt really grown as far as the online has gone. The people have changed though. I remember back in the beginning playing with some legendary players like h0lm and it was neat. I have stopped playing online myself and just play on a lan server. I cant stand the 64/66 tick and its very difficult to find a good quality 100 tick server so i just play with bots. It also lets me crank it to 170 tick and bore ass around without people raging.

I think a week or two ago the beta was at 100K people but it sure doesnt reflect that online.

My website is in the final push. Its in the final debug stage. Should be ready in less then a week. I have 10 keys i will giveaway on there.

Well I've been playing for over a month now (about) and CS:GO steadily improves little by little. I can't really get a true feel for it since like piscian18 I constantly run into the same group of players and the server list is just damn small right now so you have to auto match.

I think the weapon balance is getting better and better with each patch. I feel like the desired tuning is going to met before its August release but it won't be well down the line that we'll see how it really turns out.

I think I'll be much happier when it goes live and there are hundreds of thousands of new players and servers up. Right now though I find myself getting a bit bored with it after a while.

I would like to introduce everyone to CSGO Dev. http://csgodev.com
This is a website i had built from scratch using Steam's very own API. This site has many functions which i will explain to you.

News: We pool together news from many sources so you can read all csgo news in once place so you dont have to find it.

Bug/Suggestion Tracker: This bug/suggestion tracker will provide the developers with the input they need to make the game as best as possible. It authenticates based on your steam login. So you dont have to register and make an account or anything. Login with steam and thats all. Since valve has their own private steam group i was able to allow any steam account within that group to export the lists.

Changelog: For those who dont know this will have all of the changes that have been made to the game since the beta has come out. It lists them by release/version and has every detail for each one. The site will also get any future ones automatically from steam.

FAQ: This is a frequently asked questions section. Any questions we felt that we could come up with we posted them. It is split into a General and a Dedicated Server FAQ for easier reading.

Advanced: This is for the advanced users. This will have Maps, lists, tutorials and other information on doing advanced things with the game like editing weapons, etc.

Contact: If you see any website bugs or have any information you think should be on the site outside of CSGO bugs or suggestions then please use this form to help us out.

Win a Key: This is where you can win a beta key. You just login via steam, go to the win a key page and submit yourself. There is no form or hoops to jump through. We will be giving away 2 keys per week until it goes into public beta. Once the game releases this will be migrated over to Win the game where we will do the same thing except we will give out retail copies of CSGO instead of beta keys.

This site is designed not only for the beta but life after the beta. We will continue to run the site long after the beta is over and the retail game is out because the game will still need feedback.

We will be giving away full retail copies of CS:GO to the highest contributors to our bug tracker and suggestion system.

We are sponsored by EoReality and do have the highest performance CS:GO beta servers running and will have servers when the game goes retail.

Check the site out.

http://csgodev.com

What i get a free one to give to someone ;s ?

I see it in gifts, but is that my one or is it a spare one i give to some one, never used steam gifts before so i'm clueless

be nice and give your gift pass away, dont be a dick and sell it!!!

Why would i sell it lol, i just gave it to an admin of a server that i play on source with , anyone with thousands of hours on CS deserves an invite. :)

Oh my. First impressions: this blows. Weapons have no feel to them and jumping feels like a platformer

I'm liking this better than CS:S. I don't know how well it will do when it finally comes out, but it has potential.

Played a full set of games in the "casual mode" (wtf) but enjoyed it save for the maps feel slightly more cramped. The game is still funny as hell with some of the nonsense that happens so that's a good sign

A headshot with a scout or shotgun is immensely satisfying, though. Oh goodness yes.

I got into the beta last weekend. Anyone else get in recently? It does feel different than CSS. The speed of the game seems faster. Or is that just me?

Back