CS:GO beta signup

woot survey filled out.

some interesting questions, but worry me about the balancing.

One of the questions was multi-coice "If a team wins the pistol/economical round how likely are they to win the match?"

I said 50/50. For one it's only going to affect the first half until you switch sides and while this is a personal opinion against my team in an even skill division you'd need to win at least the economical +2 rounds to have a definitive advantage. I do a lot of pistol practice. It also asks K/D. If I'm really trying 3/1 in a pub but in match I'm usually 1/1 I use a lot of sacrificial strats. Winning the match is more important to me than K/D.

The questions that worried me were weapon values AK vs M4 vs AWP. I hope that doesn't mean they're considering tinkering with the weapons.

Last edited:
It was to see who knows the game, economy, and weapons. If you win pistol round you have a better chance at winning the match.

Im already in the beta and i filled it out for fun. This is much like the Dota2 beta. Dont expect to get in at first. They will still pull from that list and you will likely get in eventually.

It was to see who knows the game, economy, and weapons. If you win pistol round you have a better chance at winning the match.

Im already in the beta and i filled it out for fun. This is much like the Dota2 beta. Dont expect to get in at first. They will still pull from that list and you will likely get in eventually.

The question is way too open-ended then. How did you win the round? What side were you on etc etc. Yeah it gives you an advantage winning any round gives you an advantage. When I'm really bored I join pubs and and buy nothing every round and still come out on top. If your team sucks with cheap weapons then sure losing the pistol puts you at a massive disadvantage stupid survey is stupid!!! :'(

The question is way too open-ended then. How did you win the round? What side were you on etc etc. Yeah it gives you an advantage winning any round gives you an advantage. When I'm really bored I join pubs and and buy nothing every round and still come out on top. If your team sucks with cheap weapons then sure losing the pistol puts you at a massive disadvantage stupid survey is stupid!!! :'(

If your team wins pistol round that means you "eco fuck" the other team and they have to wait and save 2 more rounds before they can buy up when you can buy up on the second round. Its talking about MR15 ladder style. It was a very competition oriented survey and anyone who isnt into CSS esports i could see if being confusing.

If your team wins pistol round that means you "eco fuck" the other team and they have to wait and save 2 more rounds before they can buy up when you can buy up on the second round. Its talking about MR15 ladder style. It was a very competition oriented survey and anyone who isnt into CSS esports i could see if being confusing.

Yeah I get it I just don't think in absolutes. You win a pistol, but your teams dead the money earned from winning the round wouldn't give you an definitive advantage. If you're inside of awps within a couple rounds then you were gonna dominate that team regardless of the pistol round.

Yeah I get it I just don't think in absolutes. You win a pistol, but your teams dead the money earned from winning the round wouldn't give you an definitive advantage. If you're inside of awps within a couple rounds then you were gonna dominate that team regardless of the pistol round.

I dont think your getting it.
Pistol round is the first round. 800 is your money. If you win pistol you can buy up to MP5s and nades. The opposing team is stuck on pistols for 2 more rounds while you have MP5s. If you win the second round then your buying up to M4/AK while they are still on pistols. by the 3rd round when they can buy your doing full buys and executing strats when they are just now buying MP5s. There are alot of variables involved and i could explain them out but in the end the team who wins pistol round has the advantage. The advantage is mainly in that 2nd round.

I dont think your getting it.
Pistol round is the first round. 800 is your money. If you win pistol you can buy up to MP5s and nades. The opposing team is stuck on pistols for 2 more rounds while you have MP5s. If you win the second round then your buying up to M4/AK while they are still on pistols. by the 3rd round when they can buy your doing full buys and executing strats when they are just now buying MP5s. There are alot of variables involved and i could explain them out but in the end the team who wins pistol round has the advantage. The advantage is mainly in that 2nd round.

If you manage to win the second round and even then a match requires a side switch so winning one pistol round doesn't guarantee you the win. I'm just saying I don't like the phrasing of the question.

However just to clarify the question was"If a team wins the pistol round how likely are they to win the match?" I misspoke in my earlier post.

If you manage to win the second round and even then a match requires a side switch so winning one pistol round doesn't guarantee you the win. I'm just saying I don't like the phrasing of the question.

However just to clarify the question was"If a team wins the pistol round how likely are they to win the match?" I misspoke in my earlier post.

When you switch sides there is another pistol round

I wasn't even aware of the beta signups. Been looking forward to this game too, thanks!

Thanks for the heads up.

I'll admit I'm no expert in this game, I certainly don't know whats the preferable answer to those game related questions. I select M4 and AWP just because I like using them :p

Winning pistol round isn't everything.
If a person on your team manage to get kills in the first round without winning it, he can surely get a different weapon.

I wasn't aware this was a closed beta. The CS:GO beta is in my Steam library, guess I should install and try it out?

I wasn't aware this was a closed beta. The CS:GO beta is in my Steam library, guess I should install and try it out?

did you get a gift key with csgo?

"We will also continue to give gift keys to active CS:GO beta players to share with their friends. Earning these keys is easy, hit quick match and play CS:GO."

so if you have one i would love to be your friend!

I noticed the hardware survey was incorrect, at least on my system. Showed negative 2gig of VRAM and my trifire didn't show. Hope that doesn't make a difference.

I hope they take your history into account, I still have an email login for steam and the original Counter-Strike before they had stats. Ahh, 2003 - I know I had it before then, wonder where my other account is...

I noticed the hardware survey was incorrect, at least on my system. Showed negative 2gig of VRAM and my trifire didn't show. Hope that doesn't make a difference.

Yeah, was wrong on my also. Only showed 1 of my 6850s.. :|

??? how did it get there?
I have a "special" Steam account.

I just played it and checked it out. It definitely works. I have it fully maxed out with 8X AA and I am getting 300fps @ 1920x1200. I hope there are more visual effects in the works.

I have a "special" Steam account.

I just played it and checked it out. It definitely works. I have it fully maxed out with 8X AA and I am getting 300fps @ 1920x1200. I hope there are more visual effects in the works.

No there wont be. its a DX9 game and will be locked to that only.

No there wont be. its a DX9 game and will be locked to that only.
Ah well. The graphics are alright, just not flashy. The gameplay feels like CS but I only played for about 10 minutes. I'll give it a longer go later.

CS:GO is being made for competitive gaming (5v5), so the economy questions are spot on.

Answers are:
Pistol round = slightly better chance of winning
AK47 (AK47 cheaper than AWP)
AK47 (AK47 cheaper than M4A1)
M4A1 (M4A1 cheaper than AWP)

CS:GO is being made for competitive gaming (5v5), so the economy questions are spot on.

Answers are:

Those answers are completely subjective.

Regarding pistol rounds, have you watched many CS matches? I'd place the pistol round answer as "doesn't matter at all to increase your chance of winning". A team may have better experience with pistols but may lack experience compared to the other team with the other weapons. Sure you don't get the winning round money and it may seem like you're at a disadvantage, but of course it depends on the teams.

Your other three answers were to personal questions, based on what you thought. If I remember correctly (I can't remember the questions exactly), they asked which weapons were the best for the money. Obviously this is entirely subjective, based on which weapon you're better with. I am about even in kills with all, except slightly higher with the AWP (which has a higher price of course), so I put them all as even.

Skizzy, i'd say 8/10 times whoever wins pistol round will pick up the next 2 rounds as well due to the other team stuck to pistols/smg's. Then the team that's down has pressure to pick up the 4th round because if they don't... they go right back in the pistol/smg hole and the other team has better chances of picking up those rounds. So yes, pistol round does indeed have an impact on match outcome.

Skizzy, i'd say 8/10 times whoever wins pistol round will pick up the next 2 rounds as well due to the other team stuck to pistols/smg's. Then the team that's down has pressure to pick up the 4th round because if they don't... they go right back in the pistol/smg hole and the other team has better chances of picking up those rounds. So yes, pistol round does indeed have an impact on match outcome.

Exactly. None of these questions are subjective. Its competitive oriented.

I hope no one thinks there are "right" or "wrong" answers in this survey.....no one is sitting there inviting people in the beta based on these answers imho.

I sadly cannot do the survey.. I am deployed for another week and a half and cannot connect to steam on our wifi :(

I'm not sure if you're serious..

A question that asks what the best weapon is for the money is completely subjective.

maybe in real life but not in a game when you know the weapons damage and effectiveness per the cost of the weapon.

I'm not sure if you're serious..

A question that asks what the best weapon is for the money is completely subjective.

You're joking, right? :eek: It's a stats-based numbers question, there's nothing subjective about it technically.

Answers are:

For the money awp is more expensive than ak and m4. However, competitively, an awp will most likely grant you more kills. So, awp will always get you better money per kill competitively when players are competent with it.

For the money awp is more expensive than ak and m4. However, competitively, an awp will most likely grant you more kills. So, awp will always get you better money per kill competitively when players are competent with it.

it was talking about gun cost not kill reward.

I could swear it asked which gun was the best, in regards to cost per kill. And the awp should be the best value since it should grant more kills.

steamsurvey.png

did you get a gift key with csgo?

"We will also continue to give gift keys to active CS:GO beta players to share with their friends. Earning these keys is easy, hit quick match and play CS:GO."

so if you have one i would love to be your friend!
I checked and no gift key :( sorry!

Back