• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

CS:GO beta signup

I got my key like 2 weeks ago..played the game for all of 5 minutes..very bad beta..hope it improves.

prolly wont go back to playing it till the preview comes out.
 
You do know they update it weekly right? What preview?

nope..didnt know it was updated...maybe ill give it another shot..what exactly gets updated though? new map? graphics quality? or just bugs?

and I figured a Preview will come out for this game..like in all previous big valve releases...CSS and TF2

donate my other key?
 
I got my key like 2 weeks ago..played the game for all of 5 minutes..very bad beta..hope it improves.

prolly wont go back to playing it till the preview comes out.

people say this but never say what's wrong
 
I wish there was a way for people who don't want to play it now to pass along their key. I would love to be involved in this beta.
 
looks like they sent out the keys. no invite for me :(

if anyone got an extra friend invite, please send it my way. pm me!
 
i didn't get this wave either

my key bounty is 10 bux worth of steam game and eternal gratitude
 
I may give a key away soon. Im about to launch a CSGO oriented website. I may give a key away in tandem with the launch for some traffic.
 
Will probably check this out for a bit since I was a major CS junkie before battlefield.

I heard this CS is gonna be crossplatform. Is this true? Will PC players get to pwn the little console kiddies?
 
Will probably check this out for a bit since I was a major CS junkie before battlefield.

I heard this CS is gonna be crossplatform. Is this true? Will PC players get to pwn the little console kiddies?

they cut cross platform because of update problems, they can drop patches and changes whenever they feel like on PC but not on console, so they'd be breaking compatibility too often for it to be feasible
 
I'll get interested about this when I get a beta key. I hope this isn't going to be another $60 game . . . . I'll still with 1.6 and Source.
 
I'll get interested about this when I get a beta key. I hope this isn't going to be another $60 game . . . . I'll still with 1.6 and Source.

I can't imagine Valve would try to fetch $60 for this. While die hard CS fans would probably pay that, I don't think many else will. New players certainly wouldn't get drawn in on that price. Also, given that the community for 1.6 is still massive, it's not as if this is a scene that is begging for new technology. A big part of the fact that the install base for CS Source was so high was that it was (eventually) given to HL2 owners, which was a ton of people. I don't know anyone who plays it who actually paid for it. So GO will already face a challenge in that it will be the first paid CS game for a lot of people. If it costs too much, people are just going to stick with what they are already enjoying.

I'm hoping to see it come out around $30... $40 tops.
 
Also, given that the community for 1.6 is still massive, it's not as if this is a scene that is begging for new technology.

somewhat ironically it's probably the most advanced version of Source right now.

the renderer has gotten some have gotten some fancy new goodies like FXAA and fancy dynamic shadows. it's pretty nice.
 
CSGO Beta. The Cocaine of 2012.


Tricky can you post those netcode settings you sent me a while back? I meant to ask you last night for them but i forgot.




//Rates
rate 30000
cl_cmdrate 100
cl_interp 0
cl_lagcomp_errorcheck 1
cl_lagcompensation 1
cl_smooth 0
cl_smoothtime 0.1
cl_updaterate 100
cl_interp_ratio 0
setinfo cl_interpolate 0

same as i run for css and dods
 
CSGO Beta. The Cocaine of 2012.


Tricky can you post those netcode settings you sent me a while back? I meant to ask you last night for them but i forgot.

I'll give you rcon to the two (maybe three?) CS:GO servers I'll be running when its available on srcds ;)
 
I think valve should just either make a CS 2 or a remake of the original Half Life with some sort of new DX11 source 2 engine.

But hey, if I remember correctly I saw a post over at pcper where some valve employee at a video game convention had a T-shirt that said HL3......
What confuses me is that we didnt even get Episode 3 for HL 2 yet, the story was left stuck at the end of Ep 2 with those wierd maggot like aliens sucking the brains out of the female characters father.... Thats where valve left the HL2 story at..... So now were just gonna see a HL 3? Ohh boy
 
I'd love to get my hands on a code to see how it runs on a GTX 680! :)

i hope you like big numbers because if it's like any other source game in the universe it will probably not be very gpu bound at all
 
//Rates
rate 30000
cl_cmdrate 100
cl_interp 0
cl_lagcomp_errorcheck 1
cl_lagcompensation 1
cl_smooth 0
cl_smoothtime 0.1
cl_updaterate 100
cl_interp_ratio 0
setinfo cl_interpolate 0

same as i run for css and dods

cl_lagcomp_errorcheck
cl_smooth
cl_smoothtime

Those arent CSGO commands.
 
So I got a beta invite and I was playing for a while and it runs so smooth on my 680! :)

I'd like to say though, I turned off voice chat because of the douchebags who were playing. It's been a while since I've played CS but I used to be pretty damn good at it but I was never a douche like these guys were. He was bitching about how the beta wasn't meant for noobs and how it's to make sure it feels like the old CS games, blah blah blah. Even my wife was like.. that guy sounds like a complete tool.
 
Back
Top