• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

CS:GO beta signup

My beta luck is possibly the worst, i dont think ive ever been picked for a damn closed beta in my life, I play source everyday, Fuck you valve!

if anyone could gift me this beta i have a steam account with Bioshock and UT3 that i could trade.
 
I've had some luck with these maybe I'll get in. I hear if you get in you get an invite keys. So I'll share it if I get in.
 
I used to play CS constantly during beta, launch, and Source... looking forward to trying CS:GO quite a bit!
 
I signed up with several accounts after survey, haven't received any notice yet :(
 
All I know is, this, for some reason, does not feel like a CS game. It may have the gameplay modes and whatnot, but doesn't feel like a CS game.
 
i like it. they need to put more maps in the rotation.

If your referring to just train its because your playing quick match. I create my own listen server and play on that with bots. registration is much better and it actually cycles through maps. Valve locks the servers to one map and the registry is about half as good.
 
If anyone has a friends key, I would truly appreciate one.
 
I played CS GO for about 30 minutes. Hated it. Went back to Source. I felt at home.

That frustrates me because I would play the shit out of GO.

The CS community needs more out of people like you. 1.6 players hated CS:S because they just wanted 1.6 on the source engine and not a new game (valid or not). GO is the first attempt to find a middle ground between the two and it needs to be given a real shot and if you don't like it you need to give them specific reasons why! 1.6 and CS:S are dying games competitively (both pretty much dead since CGS) and GO has a chance to revive it.

I personally would love to know what you hated about it and why CS:S feels better. Details?
 
Last edited:
That frustrates me because I would play the shit out of GO.

The CS community needs more out of people like you. 1.6 players hated CS:S because they just wanted 1.6 on the source engine and not a new game (valid or not). GO is the first attempt to find a middle ground between the two and it needs to be given a real shot and if you don't like it you need to give them specific reasons why! 1.6 and CS:S are dying games competitively (both pretty much dead since CGS) and GO has a chance to revive it.

I personally would love to know what you hated about it and why CS:S feels better. Details?
+1

you also need to remember there are people who arent willing to let go and will never be pleased. Those who still play 1.6 are those people. They wanted source to be 1.6, they want GO to be 1.6. There will also be Source players who want GO to be Source. The game wont be any of those. The game is still early in the beta really. Ive been in it since the beginning and its changed a shitload in that time. If you think the game feels bad now you should have played the initial beta. If you do what your supposed to do in betas and what they want and provide feedback maybe it will change. Ive seen things straight off the steam forums be put in the game.
 
The reticle I find to be bleh, it just doesn't feel right. Pin pointing with it feels off. There are some nice things like the molotov and the matchmaking alongside the servers. The buy menu still pisses me off. I know you can just press the numbers, but I still even sometimes have to go back to the mouse to choose some things. Some weapons really do need to be balanced. The Bizon is way better than the TMP replacement, and in a way of an even bigger gap than the Mac 10 and the TMP from CS Source. I do like how you can control a bot when you die as well. The zoom in for the scoped assault rifles doesn't feel like a scope, but feels like the zoom from the HVAC suit from HL1/2. I just couldn't feel it. Also I don't see how it's really a balance between 1.6 and CSS, considering I can basically play either just fine and like both.
 
The reticle I find to be bleh, it just doesn't feel right. Pin pointing with it feels off. There are some nice things like the molotov and the matchmaking alongside the servers. The buy menu still pisses me off. I know you can just press the numbers, but I still even sometimes have to go back to the mouse to choose some things. Some weapons really do need to be balanced. The Bizon is way better than the TMP replacement, and in a way of an even bigger gap than the Mac 10 and the TMP from CS Source. I do like how you can control a bot when you die as well. The zoom in for the scoped assault rifles doesn't feel like a scope, but feels like the zoom from the HVAC suit from HL1/2. I just couldn't feel it. Also I don't see how it's really a balance between 1.6 and CSS, considering I can basically play either just fine and like both.

I bet if you report those things and it gets changed it will be that much closer. Its better then just giving up and saying "This game sucks im going back to source."

They also announced today that they arent doing cross platform for the game so i would imagine the buy menu will change alot.
 
My friend had a key he was waiting to give me then it disappeared from his steam account. Did they revoke the keys? :( :( :(
 
Every update literally makes the game that much better, it started out as a joke and now its starting to look like it might be a playable game.
 
Every update literally makes the game that much better, it started out as a joke and now its starting to look like it might be a playable game.

From the outside looking in it sure looks like it. Updates seem a lot more frequent then when Source was in beta
 
i would like to play this. enjoy the old cs and not source. maybe this will be better.
 
still no key -__- I want to play the game I will be playing for the next ten years now.

Source sucks I'll agree and there's a bunch of lame complaints but the valid one is the registration is garbage. If they've fixed that then I'm good.

I play 1.6 scrims when someone needs me but these days I just plain don't enjoy the game. It's very gray. The maps are ugly the character models are a step above playing Wolfenstein on my SNES. I hate the nades. Honestly I'm not into buying ammo. There's a certain point where enjoyment supersedes competitive needs. Source is just plain easier on my eyes. we've come a long way since 33 tick and cavemen models but I'm ready for a new one even if its just a graphical update.
 
Last edited:
I didn't get one either :(. Wanna play so bad.

If anyone has a friend key - I'll be your friend forever lol.
 
Last edited:
i didnt get one either on either of my steam accounts. thankfully someone gave me a friend key.

i really like this game. i feel like it is a few maps away from being released.
 
Back
Top