• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

CS:GO beta signup

this update has broken my game!! i used to be able to play 13x7 with fps in the 45-70, now i am getting 20-40 on the same maps with the same settings. on top of that the game keeps closing. ill be in game and the next thing i know i am at the desktop.

this is with my laptop, i5 2430 8gb ram, intel hd 3000 graphics.
 
I completed the survey and I didn't receive an invite, it just showed up in my library. edit: key gifted.
 
Last edited:
I completed the survey and I didn't receive an invite, it just showed up in my library. I've also got a beta key I can gift.

it wont take long to get rid of that gift key!!!

have you been playing? i cant get the game to run since the update yesterday.
 
I only saw it in my library yesterday but I was with a fever so I only just played a bit this morning. The interface is different and demolition is interesting, though I don't know that I'd pay for it once released. That's not to say it isn't fun!
 
I completed the survey and I didn't receive an invite, it just showed up in my library. edit: key still available!

Did you do the survey and got one right after? So lucky dude! I tried to take it again to see if mine got messed up but it told me I couldn't submit another so it went through :(.
 
No, I took the survey last week. I only noticed that GO was in my Steam library yesterday. I didn't receive an email confirming my acceptance to the beta. :shrug:
 
I'm constantly watching for the time when I can start up a dedicated server on my colo box ...
 
played the game today. I feel like they have taken a step backwards. the de_lake is a l4d map thats just changed a little. The Arsenal: Demolition mode seems to be pointless to me. Rounds are way to short among other things. They still havent fixed the bots, and the auto buy and rebuy binds dont work.
 
played the game today. I feel like they have taken a step backwards. the de_lake is a l4d map thats just changed a little. The Arsenal: Demolition mode seems to be pointless to me. Rounds are way to short among other things. They still havent fixed the bots, and the auto buy and rebuy binds dont work.

the game will not play on my laptop after this update. when it does play (in between crashes) my fps have been cut in half at the same settings. i agree, this was a step backwards.
 
I so badly want to try this out. If anyone has a spare invite key sitting in their gift box and doesn't already have a plan for it, please PM me!
 

Mine says retail. Also i noticed you can choose which version of the beta.

csgobetabeta.jpg
 
**edit** Wrong games, sorry, lol. Just woke up and was seeing things I guess.
 
how did you get your key?

it will let me chose the version of the game in the beta tab under properties.

I got one of the initial key cards back in august. Its not relavant though. The keys they are giving out are like that to. But the steam gift ones arent retail.
 
So I received a beta key.. whats the deal? Whenever I try to play its just some shitty call of duty clone on a map called lake.

How do you get normal competitive matches on dust2/train/etc?
 
So I received a beta key.. whats the deal? Whenever I try to play its just some shitty call of duty clone on a map called lake.

How do you get normal competitive matches on dust2/train/etc?

It's just a beta right now. It's very plain at the moment.

May I have your friend key?
 
So I received a beta key.. whats the deal? Whenever I try to play its just some shitty call of duty clone on a map called lake.

How do you get normal competitive matches on dust2/train/etc?

This is a beta. Not a preview.....
 
So I received a beta key.. whats the deal? Whenever I try to play its just some shitty call of duty clone on a map called lake.

How do you get normal competitive matches on dust2/train/etc?

They are currently testing the new mode (which is only that map atm). Seems like all new games started via the match making service are those atm.
 
If someone wants to give me a gift/friend/comrade key or whatever they call them, I'll use it to setup a CS:GO server and give you rcon to it :)
 
I can't setup a listen server and have people join? That's what I'm seeing other people doing in the steam forums
 
I can't setup a listen server and have people join? That's what I'm seeing other people doing in the steam forums

Fairly certain listen server doesnt reach outside of the home network. I havent looked much into it but if they catch you they will ban your steam account.
 
no keys were given out.

Who all is actually in the beta? Add me on steam. I have seriously quit pubbing because of the annoying kids. Im getting kinda tired of playing bots though the reg is like it should be with bots.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/tbrown7552

they did give out keys.

if you got an extra one i'll play with you (read: my obligatory shameless key beg for the day)
 
Back
Top