• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

CS:GO beta signup

No there wont be. its a DX9 game and will be locked to that only.
The mere fact that a title is DX9 doesn't mean the graphics cannot be very well done. The Witcher 2's engine is DX9, with no DX10/11 features and it is one of the best looking PC titles available. Just wanted to point that out.
 
Signed up, though I am certainly not a hardcore CS player. I do wish I had the chance to try out DOTA 2 however, seems I missed the signup for it. I should very much like to compare it in every way to HoN and LoL.
 
steamsurvey.png

Exactly. It says in parenthesis " i.e. Dollars spent per kill" but at the end of the day, it also depends how you measure it.

when you do a straightforward example 10 kills with awp = $475 (4750 / 10)

while 10 kills with AK = $250 (2500 / 10)

clearly the AK is the better buy because it costs only $250 each kill while the AWP is $475 each kill.

But, the likelihood of getting more kills before a death should be given to the AWP, assuming a competent player is using both and is proficient with both guns. If awp's get you more kill, the cost to get a kill goes down, which will net you more money the next round, which means the value of the AWP is better.
 
The mere fact that a title is DX9 doesn't mean the graphics cannot be very well done. The Witcher 2's engine is DX9, with no DX10/11 features and it is one of the best looking PC titles available. Just wanted to point that out.

Considering its the forefront of competitive FPS gaming and also considering its the benchmark of any game that wishes to become a competitive FPS game (especially for e-sports) graphics will and should always be a distance 2nd to anything else nearly in the game.

Making it a GPU monster will alienate the community since the majority of players are on lower end PC's and CS works across an array of configurations. Its part of its appeal to so many. Plus heavy graphics rendering would likely inhibit the responsiveness of the game which would send the community into a furry of hate against Valve.

They've already taken a lot of shit for announcing its release on consoles , going a step further to "Crysis" it all up would just "seal the deal" for the community and the competitive nature of the game would change.

Frankly I want Valve to spend the majority of its time balancing its hit detection system and especially gun balancing. I don't want a bunch of weird maps that are half ass I just want good game play balance.
 
The mere fact that a title is DX9 doesn't mean the graphics cannot be very well done. The Witcher 2's engine is DX9, with no DX10/11 features and it is one of the best looking PC titles available. Just wanted to point that out.
I didnt say the graphics werent good. I just stated that its Direct X 9 and will not be changable like Source. If someone else thinks the graphics are bad and hope they will get better then then its false hope as its DX9 and they have no desire to make it a crysis.

Exactly. It says in parenthesis " i.e. Dollars spent per kill" but at the end of the day, it also depends how you measure it.

when you do a straightforward example 10 kills with awp = $475 (4750 / 10)

while 10 kills with AK = $250 (2500 / 10)

clearly the AK is the better buy because it costs only $250 each kill while the AWP is $475 each kill.

But, the likelihood of getting more kills before a death should be given to the AWP, assuming a competent player is using both and is proficient with both guns. If awp's get you more kill, the cost to get a kill goes down, which will net you more money the next round, which means the value of the AWP is better.

AWP depends on how good they are. Its far easier to master either of the rifles then the AWP. if AWP was truly better you would see teams with 5 AWPers in matches when in reality there is never more then 2 and thats only if that team has like 16K. The AWP gives you less money per kill then the AK47 and M4A1 when you kill someone. So value of the AWP is less unless you are good enough to guarantee an ace round with the AWP vs a AK/M4.

Considering its the forefront of competitive FPS gaming and also considering its the benchmark of any game that wishes to become a competitive FPS game (especially for e-sports) graphics will and should always be a distance 2nd to anything else nearly in the game.

Making it a GPU monster will alienate the community since the majority of players are on lower end PC's and CS works across an array of configurations. Its part of its appeal to so many. Plus heavy graphics rendering would likely inhibit the responsiveness of the game which would send the community into a furry of hate against Valve.

They've already taken a lot of shit for announcing its release on consoles , going a step further to "Crysis" it all up would just "seal the deal" for the community and the competitive nature of the game would change.

Frankly I want Valve to spend the majority of its time balancing its hit detection system and especially gun balancing. I don't want a bunch of weird maps that are half ass I just want good game play balance.

Pretty much all of this +1.
 
Is it fine to let it scan your hardware? Or is it scanning a lot more than that (such as like what Origin originally did)?
 
Is it fine to let it scan your hardware? Or is it scanning a lot more than that (such as like what Origin originally did)?

Its just asking for your hardware information. It compiles a list of it that is visable on their site. They make games based on what the majority has.
 
Is it fine to let it scan your hardware? Or is it scanning a lot more than that (such as like what Origin originally did)?

except that origin thing was just people not understanding how it worked in the first place.
 
Those answers are completely subjective.

Regarding pistol rounds, have you watched many CS matches? I'd place the pistol round answer as "doesn't matter at all to increase your chance of winning". A team may have better experience with pistols but may lack experience compared to the other team with the other weapons. Sure you don't get the winning round money and it may seem like you're at a disadvantage, but of course it depends on the teams.

Your other three answers were to personal questions, based on what you thought. If I remember correctly (I can't remember the questions exactly), they asked which weapons were the best for the money. Obviously this is entirely subjective, based on which weapon you're better with. I am about even in kills with all, except slightly higher with the AWP (which has a higher price of course), so I put them all as even.

I've PLAYED in MANY CS matches...Pistol round is like 3 free rounds almost (unless your team blows). The other team MUST eco in order to have guns in the fourth round....so its not subjective, you're just 100% wrong.

Skizzy, i'd say 8/10 times whoever wins pistol round will pick up the next 2 rounds as well due to the other team stuck to pistols/smg's. Then the team that's down has pressure to pick up the 4th round because if they don't... they go right back in the pistol/smg hole and the other team has better chances of picking up those rounds. So yes, pistol round does indeed have an impact on match outcome.

Correct.

For the money awp is more expensive than ak and m4. However, competitively, an awp will most likely grant you more kills. So, awp will always get you better money per kill competitively when players are competent with it.

uhm no....the question is "Dollars spent PER kill"....

AK: $2500
M4: $3100
AWP: $4750(?)

Those numbers may not be exact as I haven't played in a few months but close enough for now. If you took each gun and killed the same amount of people with each gun, the PRICE PER KILL would be cheapest with the AK as it costs the least amount...simple 4th grade math here people. They are asking these questions to see if you have ever played competitively or just a D2 frag fest with 16k start money.

Pro Tip: When you're on the CT side, and you have to buy the more expensive gun (m4) don't buy head armor as a single shot from an AK will kill you even if you have it. If you're on the T side always buy the head armor as a single m4 shot will not kill you, it will only do 89dmg or so.
 
GermanMuscle said:
AWP depends on how good they are. Its far easier to master either of the rifles then the AWP. if AWP was truly better you would see teams with 5 AWPers in matches when in reality there is never more then 2 and thats only if that team has like 16K. The AWP gives you less money per kill then the AK47 and M4A1 when you kill someone. So value of the AWP is less unless you are good enough to guarantee an ace round with the AWP vs a AK/M4.
So how is this not subjective again?

uhm no....the question is "Dollars spent PER kill"....

I get more kills with AWP, therefore price is lower.

"Provides the best value"

Being on a computer hardware forum, you should know best value does not always mean it costs the cheapest. Come on. A 256gb SSD for $150 is a better value, to me, than a 100gb SSD for $90.

Subjective. I guess we will have to agree to disagree, heh.
 
Last edited:
Considering its the forefront of competitive FPS gaming and also considering its the benchmark of any game that wishes to become a competitive FPS game (especially for e-sports) graphics will and should always be a distance 2nd to anything else nearly in the game.

Making it a GPU monster will alienate the community since the majority of players are on lower end PC's and CS works across an array of configurations. Its part of its appeal to so many. Plus heavy graphics rendering would likely inhibit the responsiveness of the game which would send the community into a furry of hate against Valve.

They've already taken a lot of shit for announcing its release on consoles , going a step further to "Crysis" it all up would just "seal the deal" for the community and the competitive nature of the game would change.

Frankly I want Valve to spend the majority of its time balancing its hit detection system and especially gun balancing. I don't want a bunch of weird maps that are half ass I just want good game play balance.
I understand and agree. I just think the PC gaming community has a bit of a mindset that DX9 = bad graphics, and that's not always the case (e.g. Crysis 2, The Witcher 2, etc). I understand that's not CS's niche, and if they released a system-killer it would alienate their target audience.
 
So how is this not subjective again?
Someone broke this down already. Your clearly wanting to argue.

AK47: $2700 ÷ x = a
M4A1: $3100 ÷ x = b
AWP: $4750 ÷ x = c

x is your amount of kills. So if x was 5 it would solve like this.

AK47: a= $540 per kill cost.
M4A1: b= $620 per kill cost.
AWP: c= $950 per kill cost.

No matter what X is the AWP will always be the most and the AK47 will always be the least.
 
Someone broke this down already. Your clearly wanting to argue.

AK47: $2700 ÷ x = a
M4A1: $3100 ÷ x = b
AWP: $4750 ÷ x = c

x is your amount of kills. So if x was 5 it would solve like this.

AK47: a= $540 per kill cost.
M4A1: b= $620 per kill cost.
AWP: c= $950 per kill cost.

No matter what X is the AWP will always be the most and the AK47 will always be the least.

Your logic is flawed as you take the amount of kills as a constant. Depending on the player, it is not a constant. Player 1 might make more kills with weapon A and less kills with weapon b and the most kills with weapon c. Therefore, it clearly IS highly subjective.

Let me explain this with your own example:


AK47: $2700 ÷ x = a
M4A1: $3100 ÷ y = b
AWP: $4750 ÷ z = c

So if x was 5, y was 7 and z was 12, it would solve like this.

AK47: a= $540 per kill cost.
M4A1: b= $442 per kill cost.
AWP: c= $395 per kill cost.
 
Your logic is flawed as you take the amount of kills as a constant. Depending on the player, it is not a constant. Player 1 might make more kills with weapon A and less kills with weapon b and the most kills with weapon c. Therefore, it clearly IS highly subjective.

Let me explain this with your own example:


AK47: $2700 ÷ x = a
M4A1: $3100 ÷ y = b
AWP: $4750 ÷ z = c

So if x was 5, y was 7 and z was 12, it would solve like this.

AK47: a= $540 per kill cost.
M4A1: b= $442 per kill cost.
AWP: c= $395 per kill cost.

You cannot compare them in an apples to apples form with a dynamic variable. If it was a dynamic variable then Valve wouldnt have asked the question or they would have told you it was different for each gun. The survey meant them to be on an even plane.

So in this situation on this survey it is NOT subjective. At first i was puzzled why people are not understanding but then i realized they do understand they just want to argue. Im done explaining it because i have no desire to argue with people over a survey to get into a free beta. If you dont understand it then you arent the target audience to get into the beta.
 
First off - why the hell is there a bunch of math in a video game thread I have the Gmat for that? Second - I'm trying to click the survey link and it's giving me nothing that is popping up.
 
I can click it as much as I want I see nothing popping up in steam. I'm saying that it's broken for me, I'm not saying that what you are saying is not true.

I know. This happened to be back when dota2 did this. Check steam for updates and then restart steam then try again.

If that doesnt work Click Start then go to RUN. and paste this in steam://takesurvey/2/
 
I know. This happened to be back when dota2 did this. Check steam for updates and then restart steam then try again.

If that doesnt work Click Start then go to RUN. and paste this in steam://takesurvey/2/

A restart fixed the b.s. Thanks for encouraging me to do something as simple as restarting steam where I otherwise would not have.
 
Pro Tip: When you're on the CT side, and you have to buy the more expensive gun (m4) don't buy head armor as a single shot from an AK will kill you even if you have it. If you're on the T side always buy the head armor as a single m4 shot will not kill you, it will only do 89dmg or so.

So then you'll just get tri-glocked or one usp'd...if you're low on money I agree but saying never buy head armor as a CT is kinda silly and misleading to any green players reading this.
 
I've PLAYED in MANY CS matches...Pistol round is like 3 free rounds almost (unless your team blows). The other team MUST eco in order to have guns in the fourth round....so its not subjective, you're just 100% wrong.

Deagle round rapes your balls I bet....!!
 
come beta key, upgrading gpu soon and this would go great with it!
 
So then you'll just get tri-glocked or one usp'd...if you're low on money I agree but saying never buy head armor as a CT is kinda silly and misleading to any green players reading this.

Obviously if you're winning rounds you buy the head armor, however, if you're on your first buy round or an early money round, you don't buy it.
 
So how is this not subjective again?



I get more kills with AWP, therefore price is lower.

"Provides the best value"

Being on a computer hardware forum, you should know best value does not always mean it costs the cheapest. Come on. A 256gb SSD for $150 is a better value, to me, than a 100gb SSD for $90.

Subjective. I guess we will have to agree to disagree, heh.

It's not about how good you are with a gun, it's the cost per kill with that gun...sheesh
 
That question is why I don't like CS, essentially the better team is more likely to win the first round, if that wasn't the case then you couldn't possibly say that CS had any correlation between skill and round wins.

But the winning team gets an advantage of more money which means the team who is likely better is more likely to win the next round and that creates a snowball effect, the worse team then has to eco to afford any kind of chance of a comeback which means even greater chance of losing the round, the whole thing just seems backwards to me and it makes for some pretty degenerative gameplay especially when the game has what is essentially a railgun (AWP).

Traditionally in games, say for example a beat 'em up, handicaps have been used to level the playing field between people of different skill, its the better person that takes up the handicap almost always. I'm not saying the winning team should be punished per se, but the losing team certainly shouldn't be...

The only CS I play these days is gun game for a quick laugh, regular CS bores me to tears.
 
cs:go is going to be bundled with half-life 2: ep 3 and dota2 most likely.
 
cs:go is going to be bundled with half-life 2: ep 3 and dota2 most likely.

DOTA2 will come out before CSGO. CSGO will be Digital Download only. Valve no longer makes episodic games so there wont be a HL2:EP3. The next Half Life game isnt even announced. How does that work?
 
I just got accepted into the CS GO beta. They give you at least one extra key as well. Awesome.
 
I just got accepted into the CS GO beta. They give you at least one extra key as well. Awesome.

hello? you should give the gift key to the OP. oh yeah, that's me!!!

did you get a popup or something to let you know you got in? email?
 
Sorry, I forgot to mention I already gave it to a friend I would play with. My bad. Didn't mean to get your hopes up or anything, just wanted to say I got it. So that basically means they are giving out the new keys/copies already.
 
Back
Top