• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

CS:GO beta signup

I'll 5 bux anyone who has a key to give away, don't give a shit enough to go beyond that though.

meh im using a old 4890 atm and it even lags in css if too much is going on.

You're completely CPU bound in CS:S, I guarantee it. I am hilariously CPU bottlenecked on an overclocked Q6600 and GTX 260.
 
Yeah I am not paying an upwards of double what the actual game will probably cost to get in a little early. Not that desperate.
 
Yeah I am not paying an upwards of double what the actual game will probably cost to get in a little early. Not that desperate.

Its a true beta. They are looking for people to test and report bugs. Not early access. Also beta testers dont get the finished game for free or discount.
 
This is awesome, I didn't receive and invite, just what I wanted!
 
7+ years and thats what I get? Wedding in 33 tick dust 1? Nutin? Thanks gabe -___-
 
I am assuming no more invites for a long while? This is just great. I am still sour of the fact that my buddy basically just idled for his Beta key when they gave out keys to most played for the week. He's been on steam for 2 years and barely just became active in CS:S. I am curious how they made selections for these 5000. Probably randomized.
 
I used to be a big 1.6 player years back, used to be on a cal team called hateful existence if anyone here knows what i'm talking about.. lol. cam't wait to try it out although i think CS in general is pretty dead..
 
guess i didnt got in. funny that i got in dota and yet dont care for that but care for cs but didnt get in that.
 
I got about an hour of time in today. I see absolutely no reason to switch from 1.6 to GO. Not a fan.

This is probably not the final UI, but the current menu system is just bad. Not as bad as Dirt 3's menu though.
 
I am assuming no more invites for a long while? This is just great. I am still sour of the fact that my buddy basically just idled for his Beta key when they gave out keys to most played for the week. He's been on steam for 2 years and barely just became active in CS:S. I am curious how they made selections for these 5000. Probably randomized.
Prolly a few weeks
if anyone has a key for sale id gladly purchase one

Read the link i posted
 
who uses the menu to buy stuff anyways. most players just use keyboard to buy stuff.
 
The menu is like to keep consistency between consoles. They didnt want the PC version to be like that but in order for it to be cross platform they had to do it. Im sure once the GUIs start coming out the community will revert back to a better buy menu.
 
The menu is like to keep consistency between consoles. They didnt want the PC version to be like that but in order for it to be cross platform they had to do it. Im sure once the GUIs start coming out the community will revert back to a better buy menu.


lol, that is prob the lamest excuse i heard in order to keep it cross platform. but most likely it is just lazy developers and gui artists that want to work on just 1 layout first when it isnt finalized.
 
lol, that is prob the lamest excuse i heard in order to keep it cross platform. but most likely it is just lazy developers and gui artists that want to work on just 1 layout first when it isnt finalized.

Not really an excuse. Do you have any idea of what it takes to make games on consoles let alone cross platform? The test game they sent in was of the PC version. LOL @ Valve being lazy developers. Like i said and Valve has said. Anything can change.
 
I used to be a big 1.6 player years back, used to be on a cal team called hateful existence if anyone here knows what i'm talking about.. lol. cam't wait to try it out although i think CS in general is pretty dead..

CS is not even close to dead. Im pretty sure it's still one of the most played MP competitive FPS on steam.
 
CS is not even close to dead. Im pretty sure it's still one of the most played MP competitive FPS on steam.

isnt one of. It just is. Even outside of steam it's the number most played competitive fps in the world. There's actually very large places where steam is not allowed or just isn't regionalized and they play 1.6 on the old steam kernel. I think the actual counts are in the millions. Basically it and StarCraft are the 2 major competitors everything comes a long third. I think that's obsessed with attracting 1.6'ers.
 
And yet MLG and basically all other major gaming leagues don't do CS (sadly). CAL is dead and apparently nothing picked up the pieces.
 
And yet MLG and basically all other major gaming leagues don't do CS (sadly). CAL is dead and apparently nothing picked up the pieces.

MLG is crap.

CEVO, ESL, ESEA are all huge leagues that do CS. ESL and ESEA are much larger then MLG.
 
I thought CAL died and took competitive CS with it. Thanks for the info.

Nope. Though i havent played since CAL. Most league worth a crap now are pay to play with nice payouts. CAL took the play for free and get nothing for winning with it though it was fun not dealing with money. Many leagues have come and gone trying to do the free thing and the community seems to reject it as they like cash prizes and it weeds out the bad eggs.

Of the 3 id say ESL is the best. ESEA has some powertripping admins and CEVO has the same and have been known to wait till half the teams threaten to quit before banning cheaters.
 
didn't find out about the survey until today lol...
used to play 1.6 all the time back in high school until all them lan centers started closing one by one
 
If you guys get an extra key, I would love this. Play CS Beta back in the day and compettivily, would love a kay.
 
Back
Top