CONTROL (Remedy)

It is far from a difficult game. Random battles I rarely died. Boss battles it took less than 5 times on one or two bosses.
I got the ps4 version for $3 from Wal-Mart. I agree 100% with M76 - it had potential for a great game, but it fizzles out, they go nowhere with this rich universe. Sure the gameplay is fun, but near the end of the game it gets boring and repetitive. Once I get a ps5, this won't be a game I replay to see the pretty effects. I'm not going to pay for it on PC either. $3 is in my opinion what it is worth.
Lol you don't determine what is hard or not for others. I found it way too hard and to the point where I just stopped playing and started bitching in their discord about how dumb it was to have no difficulty settings. They finally listened to the complaints many users had about that and released that update that gave plenty of assist mode options.

Lol you don't determine what is hard or not for others. I found it way too hard and to the point where I just stopped playing and started bitching in their discord about how dumb it was to have no difficulty settings. They finally listened to the complaints many users had about that and released that update that gave plenty of assist mode options.

It's definitely not as hard as Dark Souls.
The difficulty though isn't my main gripe, it was the wasted potential for the story.

Even I mentioned in my review that the game is not that hard. And some say I'm terrible at games.

I agree with Jobert, most of the game isn't difficult, but there are a few huge huge spikes in difficulty on some boss fights. And due to game layout you can show up without the proper tools to fight if you are just playing the game and not following a guide. Love the game, but willing to call out the faults.

Even most of the boss fights were easy for me. Maybe not easy, but not hard. I stumbled upon optional bosses and don't recall any issues. Hardest part was figuring out how to navigate some places. But even then those weren't that common. And navigation was part of the game in the areas with odd dynamics.

I can't say Control did anything spectacular, but everything was done well enough. A decently well rounded game.

The only things that would really trouble me where the random alerts with mini-bosses. I don't recall any actual bosses being much of a problem, especially once you have launch and floating.

I have no problem admitting that I am flat out terrible at games. Luckily there were enough other people complaining that they fixed the issue. No matter if a game is hard or not to you it is still asinine to have only one difficulty setting.

The only issue I have with this game, other than I suck at games now, is that it does not properly support 3840 x 1080. (Oh well......)

I like their business model I bought control for 34.00 on Steam but refunded it. They basically own Remedy anyway.

If you have not played Control, super worth in. Should this get bumped in the freebies section (never mind, it's there already)? It's that good to me...

I don't mind that it's free. I bought it when it came out and played it when it was the best RTX graphics ever to be seen by man. Definitely worth it for $60 bucks.

Also, one of the better games ever made. Not perfect, but something different and unique.

I don't mind that it's free. I bought it when it came out and played it when it was the best RTX graphics ever to be seen by man. Definitely worth it for $60 bucks.

Also, one of the better games ever made. Not perfect, but something different and unique.
I paid $20 for the ultimate edition off of epic. No regrets.

Epic's business model sucks. I bought Control there. It's one of three games I bought there.
But why would I buy more games there, when the games are just randomly completely free?

Complaining about free? What's wrong with me?

lol

Game is close to 2 years old. Still fairly new to be free but it isn't new either. But it happens every now and then. Ubisoft has given away big titles like Assassin's Creed games that were only 4 or so years old. Catch is they seldom give away the DLC and hope people buy the DLC. Typically the base game when old will be $15-20 on sale, and the Deluxe Edition maybe $5 more. But the DLC alone will be $15. That is where they hope to get people.

how is the Control DLC?...I read that neither one of them are all that great and it's just more of the same as the base game...the Alan Wake tie-in is barely there and is mainly used to set up whatever sequel they have planned

how is the Control DLC?...I read that neither one of them are all that great and it's just more of the same as the base game...the Alan Wake tie-in is barely there and is mainly used to set up whatever sequel they have planned

They were okay. AWE's Alan Wake tie in was weak as mentioned. I would play them right after the main game and not later otherwise relearning the controls and whatnot will take away from the experience. The DLCs on their own were not that strong. I played them as they came out roughly. Probably would've enjoyed them more if I did them right after the main game.

I started playing this again recently, since I never did all of the quests or any of the DLC. I keep getting to boss encounters and getting destroyed in just a few hits, so I get frustrated and attempt to do something else. I got most of the unique upgrades but apparently there is an "infinite" level of upgrades? Haven't seen those yet.

I started playing this again recently, since I never did all of the quests or any of the DLC. I keep getting to boss encounters and getting destroyed in just a few hits, so I get frustrated and attempt to do something else. I got most of the unique upgrades but apparently there is an "infinite" level of upgrades? Haven't seen those yet.
Going back to bosses later helps when you have stronger mods & such.

Why not go into the settings and make the game a little easier?

Going back to bosses later helps when you have stronger mods & such.
I mean I have IV or V mods for everything, but I still get wrecked by certain enemies way too quickly.

I am nowhere near maxing out skills, but it seems like skill points only come from doing specific tasks and not just general progression/combat.

Why not go into the settings and make the game a little easier?
I'm not sure what difficulty I have it on, probably Medium but I wasn't aware you could change it - I'll check that out, thanks.

I'm not sure what difficulty I have it on, probably Medium but I wasn't aware you could change it - I'll check that out, thanks.
I haven't played the game in a while but I don't think there is a difficulty setting. In fact the game was kicking my butt so much that I bitched and complained about it and luckily some other people did too so they released a patch that added modifiers so you can make the game as easy as you want in the settings.

I haven't played the game in a while but I don't think there is a difficulty setting. In fact the game was kicking my butt so much that I bitched and complained about it and luckily some other people did too so they released a patch that added modifiers so you can make the game as easy as you want in the settings.
Ahh, that must be why I don't recall there being a setting. That patch may also have come out after I stopped playing the last time.

Here's another question - when are you supposed to get access to all of the upgrade slots for weapon forms? I am in the endgame and I still can't upgrade Shatter past 2 upgrade slots. I think some other weapons I still only have one slot.

Here's another question - when are you supposed to get access to all of the upgrade slots for weapon forms? I am in the endgame and I still can't upgrade Shatter past 2 upgrade slots. I think some other weapons I still only have one slot.
With or Without DLC? I think some of the DLC open up the rest, but it's been a while.

With or Without DLC? I think some of the DLC open up the rest, but it's been a while.
With DLC, and I haven't completed all of it, but it doesn't really make sense to me that base game weapon unlocks would be tied to DLC content. I've also read that this is potentially a bug and requires restarting the entire save, which would be a huge bummer.

Hi. I have an question about Control on Epic launcher. Everytime when i exit game to desktop ,epic launcher window will pop up. But what if game will crash,the same epic launcher will pop? I ask because i dont remember if i exited game or it was crash.

Mate, how cn you nt remember if game crashed or you exited her?
For 99% i exited but i have thinking that was crash lol dont know why.
Dont have any error log in event viewer so propably i exited fast and i dont remember that epic launcher was pop up after exit.

Maybe anxiety?

Darker than what? Some areas are certainly dark, but some are painfully bright.

I started playing this game over the weekend since it was free on Epic a little while ago. I'm several hours in and not sure what I think of it. I like the idea of the game a lot, but I'm not sure I like the actual game. For all of the hullabaloo about lighting and ray tracing, seems like it's more of a physics showcase. The lighting seems to range from too dark to washed out IMO. Seems there's no HDR, so that isn't the culprit. As a game, it has been a standard 3rd person shooter for the most part. I'm not giving up and it isn't bad, but I'm left wondering what garnered all of the attention. Whatever it is, it must be further than 3-4 hours in.

It's not going to be everyone's cup of tea, some people hate that you never get really out of the bureau. It's certain areas and the little details like the mop swirls left on the floor when you meet the janitor. And it's very much a physics showcase to the point that at least a couple of times I was going crazy looking for a key or entrance and suddenly realized that I was passing a window... :ROFLMAO:

Back